Lolcat Bible

Skarlet

What I find disrespecting about it isn't that it has put it into lolspeak, but that it has replaced the whole meaning of Scripture. It has replaced the name of my God with a casual Ceiling Cat and my Lord and Teacher with Happy Cat. They totally disrespect Him when they replace Him. And they have.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lolcat bible is an own script. There is nowhere written that Ceiling Cat represents God.

Just like other translations of the Bible, you compare text. And what do you find?

"In the beginning, God..."

"Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat..."

And

"And Jesus said to them..."

"Jebus sed to dem..."

It takes away the meaning of His name, it takes away from the purpose of coming, and it takes away the whole meaning of the Gospel. In the real Scriptures, the Gospel is this: That man fell in sin, that God came to reconcile them, that those who believed are now sons of God, and that He deserves praise for His glorious works. But in this "version" of the Scriptures, the Gospel is portrayed as this: "Baby Jebus came to make you happy."

The whole "translation" is heretical and therefore disrespectful to Him.

Yes, the whole "translation".

That's all it is. A translation. From our language of English (or other languages, I'm not sure) to the language known as "lolspeak". It just happens to translate God into Cieling Cat, Jesus to Jebus, etc. It all means the same.

Yes' date=' the whole "translation".

That's all it is. A translation. From our language of English (or other languages, I'm not sure) to the language known as "lolspeak". It just happens to translate God into Cieling Cat, Jesus to Jebus, etc. It all means the same.

[/quote']

No it doesn't. This translation was not a word-for-word translation, instead a thought-for-thought. But they got the wrong thought, and ruined the translation. This is just as heretical as the Apocrypha, Book of Mormon, and the New World Translation. It changes everything when your foundation is wrong.

You can make it difficult and see this as an attack on your religion. Or you just laugh about it. You can choose.

I don't see it as an attack on my religion. I have laughed about it. But in the end, God is still angry for the sin before His eyes. And I've got to at least warn you guys... Your blood'll be on my hands if I don't.

Yes' date=' the whole "translation".

That's all it is. A translation. From our language of English (or other languages, I'm not sure) to the language known as "lolspeak". It just happens to translate God into Ceiling Cat, Jesus to Jebus, etc. It all means the same.

[/quote']

No it doesn't. This translation was not a word-for-word translation, instead a thought-for-thought. But they got the wrong thought, and ruined the translation. This is just as heretical as the Apocrypha, Book of Mormon, and the New World Translation. It changes everything when your foundation is wrong.

Gods save us from incorrect thoughts.

(Amen.)

Archived