Who can make the most real-looking Dark Synchro?

Can you post one of your current Dark Synchros?

That one was pretty good, but the stars were kinda blurry, and the color needs a slight brown tint, and the effect box should be a little brighter. Personally I think mine is better, but that's just a personal opinion.

I'm sorry, but none of your DS's are perfect.

computerwhiz98, your card is a bit too red. It's more gray-brown than gray-red. And I'm not sure about this, but your effect box should be brighter.

Dark Galaxy, I think yours was the best so far, because the color is the closest to the original. The only problem is that your stars are a bit too far left.

darkshadeevilincarnatep.pngdddd.png

Just trying to compare our work.

Hmm... Yours is more... Japanese... than mine. Yeah, only problem is the stars are a bit too far left. Finally, someone who does it better than me (do not flame, just personal opinion).

Con, Hobbes, and I are the best with Dark Synchro Monsters. Another thing is, this color will always be the same, cuz it's my card template I use :P

I do have a correction, though. Of course my card is more Japanese. It is japanese :P

Why do I feel like you're not acknowledging me because I only have 2 stars... -_-|||

Well, DG's is good, but the stars need to be fixed. As I said, they're too far left. Lay a normal card on top of your DS card with 50% opacity, and flip it horizontally, so you can see where you're supposed to put the stars. That's only an imperfection, but it can be easily fixed.

Well, if mine needs a lot of work, then TELL ME where it needs to be worked. I do want to improve as much as possible.

Don't say the template is too blurry, because I made it off of the YCM Effect Monster template, and I did not blur or decrease contrast.

And I don't care all that much about the gold border, because I thought all TCG cards have brown borders. And I have no intention to make my cards look OCG-ish, because I only care about TCG.

A: Color should be a bit more saturated. Pic stone box should be grey, a light grey. The border should have a purple color, not dark grey. Stars seem a bit too bright. Box around effect should have a more gold tint. Not too much, but a gold tint, nonetheless.

All right, thank you. I'll try those advices.

Now, about the gold border... I thought all cards in general have brown borders, at least in TCG. If this is a difference between TCG and OCG, then I don't care all that much about it, because I only want this to look real in TCG.

I just wish I have a legitimate TCG Dark Synchro to copy off of... But that's impossible since they don't exist... I mean, the stone box borders, card borders, etc, are different for different types of cards. I have no idea what those borders are SUPPOSED to look like on real Dark Synchros...

So, Dark Synchros MUST have gold borders. I am somewhat annoyed by this idea, because all other cards have brown borders. Can you tell me if that is true (all other cards = brown borders)?

I don't feel like making the gold border. But, I'll take all your other advices :P

Archived