Fixing the format in a baker's dozen bans.

FORBIDDEN, PROHIBITED, AND BANNED

Black Whirlwind

Brain Control

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary

Cold Wave

Crush Card Virus

Dark Armed Dragon

Dark Strike Fighter

Gladiator Beast Gyzarus

Heavy Storm

Judgment Dragoon

Mind Control

Monster Reborn

Rescue Cat

I would totally play with these changes to the list.

EDIT: I lied, that's eleven bans. >_> Counting is not my specialty.

EDIT EDIT: Now it's thirteen.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could live with that.

As long as I have Delta Crow as an option, I fine with banning Heavy.

DAD, and Reborn, not so sure about that though.

I favor the banning of JD, DSF, and CCV though. I've seen LS go without JD before anyway. And GBs still have Heraklinos.

Judgment Dragoon

I would say spelling isn't a specialty either <.<

I find all 11 of those cards annoying, so I can say that I agree with your decisions. Though I don't know if it would necessarily fix the meta. Judge would be a big blow to LS, but they could still be deadly even without it. I've seen them OTK many time without it. I really don't like the auto-trigger effects and giant lucksack factor of LS…But I dunno', there isn't really a way to see the meta would effectively change with those cards banned.

Judgment Dragoon

I don't really remember, but I think that was its Japanese name.

And Crab likes Japanese stuff.

Sure' date=' but let's consider what'd happen. [b']Only Decks are BWs [/b]

I fail to see what is wrong with that.

...and Anti-Meta, which would probably come out a bit stronger due to the way in which they tend to shutdown BWs. Obviously it's a problem because variety of Decktypes is one of the main goals in a banlist. Y'know, giving Decks a chance to play?

Sure' date=' but let's consider what'd happen. [b']Only Decks are BWs [/b]

I fail to see what is wrong with that.

Less variation=Not good

True, but

Blackwings = Good

Yes, but, having them as the only decktype would be a horribly boring meta until a new archetype came along

I would love to see Fortune Ladies and Dark World to be meta, but they dont have the support in the TCG >_>

COLD WAVE?????

MIND CONTROL???

Are you really serious?

tell me this is a joke.

These cards are situational and last only for a turn, usually to stop YOU from playing that annoying @$$ mirror force, or for a synchro summon. Are you telling me that these cards are actually destroying the strategiies you make in duels? if you are, then you sir, are a noob.

COLD WAVE?????

MIND CONTROL???

Are you really serious?

tell me this is a joke.

These cards are situational and last only for a turn' date=' usually to stop YOU from playing that annoying @$$ mirror force, or for a synchro summon. Are you telling me that these cards are actually destroying the strategiies you make in duels? if you are, then you sir, are a noob.

[/quote']

Mind Control can easily pull off Synchros and Cold Wave stops the game to a near halt for a turn.

Neither need to be banned IMO, but I can understand his reasoning.

I like all but monster reborn' date=' since then I wouldn't have an easy to use revive spell in my deck, but I could live with that.

[/quote']

Super generic auto-staples aren't good. There is a lot of less effective but more balanced generic revival to use.

what can I use to revive magical exemplar from the grave to field by way of a spell?

(this would never actually happen in my deck, I protect exemplar with damn near everything I have since she can do impossible come backs more than most other monsters I run. {aka, one way or another, she summons arcanite and then helps clear the field.}

DAD' date=' and Reborn, not so sure about that though.

[/quote']

Insert your favourite insult here.

Everyone, take two sips.

Judgment Dragoon

I use whichever name I prefer. If I think the TCG name sounds better' date=' I use that; if I think the OCG name sounds better, I use that. Naturally, this leads to huge inconsistencies, like referring to the archetype as "Lightlords" but to its members by their TCG names, but I don't care. >.>

Sure, but let's consider what'd happen. Only Decks are BWs and Anti-Meta. =/

Blackwings lose a lot of the cards they like here, such as DAD and CCV, but there was a twelfth card I was considering adding earlier, so I may as well throw that on the list as well.

I find all 11 of those cards annoying' date=' so I can say that I agree with your decisions. Though I don't know if it would necessarily fix the meta. Judge would be a big blow to LS, but they could still be deadly even without it. I've seen them OTK many time without it. I really don't like the auto-trigger effects and giant lucksack factor of LS…But I dunno', there isn't really a way to see the meta would effectively change with those cards banned.

[/quote']

I dislike Lightlords' reliance on random mill, but Judgment Dragoon is obviously the biggest problem with them. If there's another problem with them, it's Wulf... but again, this is just a short list to try to kill off the most obvious and immediate problems with the game, not a full list of every change I'd like to see.

variety of Decktypes is one of the main goals in a banlist.

Only to the extent that variety promotes skill; beyond that' date=' card design is responsible. Of course, a lack of variety reduces the need for adaptability and proper siding, so there is some vested interest in having variety.

I like all but monster reborn, since then I wouldn't have an easy to use revive spell in my deck, but I could live with that.

Pssh, selfishness.

Cold Wave

Mind Control

Hm?

Short explanation:

Cold Wave - GO OTK SWARM GO

Mind Control - It's Change of Heart nowadays.

Longer explanations are available if you want them' date=' but I have a couple changes to make first.

Heavy Storm and Mind Control need explanations.

You want an explanation for Heavy Storm, but you don't want an explanation for Cold Wave? That alone is sufficient for me to deny you any explanation.

I love how Crab just leaves. xD

Hey' date=' I'm busy playing Super Mario Bros. Those stupid Hammer Bros keep killing me. >_<

Two cards added to the list.

Heavy Storm and Mind Control need explanations.

You want an explanation for Heavy Storm' date=' but you don't want an explanation for Cold Wave? That alone is sufficient for me to deny you any explanation.

[/quote']

Leaving me with my dignity still intact and still not caring about what you say itt until you explain yourself. ;)

It's also amusing that people are constantly making new "banlists" although we (should) know it won't affect Konami one bit. (I'm returning so you can massively quote me with more ease.)

Cold Wave - GO OTK SWARM GO

Mind Control - It's Change of Heart nowadays.

Nvm. I got it. *facepalm*

Archived