The Tournaments of Prestige

darkguy00000

A few points before I get "stuck in":

a) No original series or GX characters will exist. A few may get referenced or mentioned, but they never appear.

b) Chapters will be often and plenty but quite short, if you are wondering.

Chapter 1, Part A: In the Beginning.

Jacob packed his deck into a specially prepared deck box, tingling with excitement as he had been for... well, as soon as he was told he was going to be a professional Duel Monsters duelist. It had been his dream to go pro as soon as he had been introduced to the game by his older brother eleven years ago. He stared up at the posters tacked to his wall, the winners of the previous years' eight Prestige Tournaments.

Jacob knew all about the Prestige Tournaments. It was his ultimate goal as a duelist to compete in one, and, he hoped, perhaps even win one, to hold aloft a trophy of one of the eight greatest tournaments in the dueling world. He stared up at the posters, covering an entire wall with the faces of last years' victors: one duelist had won four of the tournaments in the past year, including the KC Grand Prix, created by the legendary Seto Kaiba many years ago as a challenge for the greatest duelists of the time, and even now, it was held annually, moving around the country to a different city each year. It was heralded as THE greatest dueling tournament in the WORLD, and only the top eight duelists of the Pro League well admitted entrance, based on Prestige Tournament victories, duels won and lost, previous records, and the like.

He studied the name, hoping to perhaps absorb dueling skill just by staring intensely at his picture. He knew who it was, of course: Mikhail Urai. Of the other four, he noticed Zaxla Longafrei and Robert Fifoot both owned one title each, but there were still two more... the Tag Team Challenge and the Triplet Tournament. The Tag team was won by Egyap Azzab and Shannon Lehor, and the triplets by William Geriant, Thomas Hieratic and, again, Fifoot, he read.

Jacob absent-mindedly checked his watch, alarmed at how the time had gone. "The first tournament starts in an hour!" he cried, alarmed. He made sure his deck box was securely fastened, threw his bag over his shoulder, and sprinted out of his apartment. He lived alone, in a cramped apartment in the heights of Domino City, the hub of the country's dueling action. He ran to the elevator, panicking, hammering the button to summon the lift. He saw the sign hung loosely on it reading "Out of Order". Jacob groaned, and started sprinting down the stairs. He nearly knocked down a group of people as he came flying down the flight of stairs.

Jacob charged forward, heart racing as fast as he was as he leaped two, three, sometimes four stairs at a time. He soon got a cramp in his chest, but he ignored it, still running full pelt down what seemed like a neverending gauntlet of staircases. He found himself gasping for air, arm hurting, feet feeling as heavy as lead, his backpack ramming painfully into his back, his chest on fire. He finally stumbled into the lobby, after what seemed like hours upon hours of running. He panted heavily, hardly able to walk out of the building, dragging his feet along as if he had been stranded in a desert for years.

He stumbled outside, barely noticing as he tripped over the threshold and and landing heavily on the sidewalk outside, almost falling on top of four people walking by. He blearily saw his deck erupting out of its' box, flung open by his fall.

"Look, a rookie," said a teenagers' voice, pointing to Jacobs' scattered deck.

"Guess he was running to get to the tournament," said another person, his voice slightly higher.

"Ugh..." muttered Jacob, attempting to speak.

"Look, its' alive!" joked another one.

"Shut up and help, Malak," said the second voice worriedly. "He might be hurt."

"Whatever," said Malak, hoisting up Jacob onto his shoulder, then roughly setting him back down again. "All better?"

"Uh... thanks..." muttered Jacob, embarrased.

"You a pro duelist?" asked the first boy. He had dark, matted hair, a large grin, wearing a pair of jeans and a white shirt, and he looked about Jacobs' age and height.

"Why do you ask?" replied Jacob.

"You're our age, you have a deck, you're carrying a backpack that probably contains your duel disk, and you have a pamphlet about "Professional Duelist" something-or-other in your pocket. Forgive us for the misunderstanding, but you look like every other rookie we've seen today," said Malak sarcastically. Malak was tall, taller than the other three, with thick untidy brown hair, wearing a T-shirt and a pair of dark shorts.

Jecob was more than taken aback. "Why do you ask? YOU guys professional duelists?" asked Jacob.

"Me, Malak and Zak are," said another boy, with tidy, light brown hair, wearing a light blue polo shirt and white and blue shorts to match, who Jacob recognized as the second voice. "I'm Hays, by the way," he smiled. "Pleased to meet you... er..."

"Jacob Johansen," supplied Malak dully.

"Must you always do that?!" cried Hays angrily.

"Must you always get angry when I try helping people?" responded Malak, acting sad. "Fine," he said. sobbing. "I'll never help anyone again! Bye, I'm going to go drown puppies and burn down the orphanage. Can you live with that, Hays? CAN YOU LIVE WITH THAT?!"

"You are such an idiot Malak," said Zak, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, I know I'm cool."

Yay for conventional fanfiction.

Please tell me what you liked, and quote your favourite lines/sentences.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 1, Part B: The Beginning

"Hah," giggled Hays, nearly retching.

"Jeez, you are such a girl Hays," said Zak.

"Am not," retorted Hays.

"Ok, only one way to figure this out," said Malak. "Yo Momma contest, Zak starts, I decide winner." Malak leaned towards Jacob. "I recommend to hold your nose after Hays makes his comeback," he whispered, already chuckling.

"Yo Momma so fat, she gave me her dress size and I thought it was her phone number!" cried Zak.

"Meh," replied Malak. "It works. Hays, your rebuttal?"

"Your mom is so stupid, she wears a pink shirt with a black skirt! She's THAT fashion-unconscious!" laughed Hays triumphantly.

Jacob began laughing immediately, Zak sniggered, and Malak just stood there.

"You were working on that for a long time, weren't you Hays," said Malak, face falling.

"Yes!" replied Hays proudly. "Good, isn't it?"

Malak held his face in his hand, chuckling, a huge grin crossing his face.

"Ok," Malak began. "I'll tell you three things wrong with that insult. A, it's 'Yo Momma' or 'Ya Mum', not 'Your mom," he said, in a hugely exaggerated English accent. "B, your comeback has to actually insult them, and finally, c, WHAT THE HECK, MAN!?"

"What?" said Hays shakily, slight hint of defiance in his voice.

"Dude, black and pink can totally be pulled off," smirked Malak, causing Jacob to begin chuckling again. "But, off of Zaks' mothers' feng-shui, Zak wins the contest, and Hays is officially a sissy. We in agreement?"

"Dude," mumbled Zak, leaning towards Jacob. "Whats' feng-shui?"

"Some kind of knife, I think," replied Jacob uncertainly. "I used to learn Korean like six years ago... maybe it means ninja!"

Zak rolled his eyes. "Ok, so Malak doesn't want to talk about my mothers'... ninja. Sounds... incredibly stupid enough for Malak to say."

"I said, we in agreement?" pressed Malak.

"Yes!" cried Zak, annoyed. "So, rookie, you happen to be going to that tournament?"

"Yes!" cried Jacob, alarmed. "And I'm so late!" He checked his watch. "It starts at eleven! It's half-past ten! I only have half an hour!"

"And you are so worried... why?" said Zak, confused. "It takes twenty minutes to get there. You're still on time."

"But its' my first tournament-" began Jacob, agonized.

"And I want to get there early and make a good impression, because I'm like Hays and I love cake with angels and wearing pink dresses, and singing la-la-la-la-la!" mocked Malak.

"Do you have any idea what you just said?" muttered Zak to Malak.

"Not a clue," replied Malak smoothly.

Too many RP's going on. As for the chapters are really small, I just write when I can (note: this isn't prewritten then copy/pasted, this is actually typed up on-the-spot.). When I'm finished, I'll edit all the posts, putting all the chapters in together, one a post, then have it locked, if I can.

Without further adieu:

Chapter 1, Part C: The Beginning (cont.)

"Wait a second..." said Hays. "That's an insult!"

"Only to your intelligence," replied Malak airily. "And, to be honest, I don't think it can hear me, amidst all that dead skin and bubble wrap in your head."

"That's a terrible insult," laughed Zak.

Malak shrugged. "I do my own stunts, totally ad-libbed! I am craz-ah!"

"You're insane-ah!" mocked Zak.

Meanwhile, Jacob was talking to the fourth teenager in the group. He was not tall, but... well, big. He had a hulking frame and big, square shoulders, a squarish head and light brown hair, roughly combed back. He wore a white shirt and green shorts.

"So, how are you?" said Jacob kindly.

The other teenager simply stared, not saying a word.

"Whats' your name?" tried Jacob.

The other boy just stood there. Saying nothing at all.

"Hey!" cried Hays, turning to face them. "Hey, Jacob, I see you met Lerrack! Jacob, Lerrack; Lerrack, Jacob."

"Does he always... uh..." said Jacob, searching for the correct words, "umm... always be this quiet?"

"He's a man of few words," said Malak, standing right behing Jacob, making him jump.

"What the heck, man!?" cried Jacob, his initial shock forgotten and replaced with frustration. Hays snickered, Malak smiled, sniggering, and even Lerracks' tight pout slowly turned to a small smile.

"I don't know," said Malak. "What is the heck?"

Jacob shook his head, his embarrasment clouding his brain. "What?!" he cried.

"FBI," said Zak, smiling, walking over to them. "I've gotten news of a domestic disturbance..."

"No!" cried Jacob, hurriedly checking his watch. "We're late! We have to run..."

Jacob began running, but Malak flung out his hand, caught his sleeve, and turned him around, smirking.

"What are you doing!?" cried Jacob, aggreived.

"During our delightful little dialogue, we've already gotten here," said Malak, smiling.

"Where?" asked Jacob. He looked around Malak, to where Hays and Zak were facing. "An alley?"

"Not any ordinary alley," said Malak, in a mock dramatic tone. "This alley contains garbage, rats, and a rainbow of delightful aromas to tickle your senses."

"If by 'tickle', you mean 'retch', then, yeah, I'd believe you," replied Hays.

"Every alley has garbage, rats and smells," said Jacob, beginning to calm down. He glanced at his watch. "Twenty-two minutes to go," he gulped.

"This one is special, though," explained Zak, as they strided down the alley, Malak slowly relinquishing his pincer-grip on Jacobs' sleeve. As they neared the back end of the alley, Malak eased the pace as they reached the wall, running his fingers slowly and lightly over the bricks.

"What are we looking for?" asked Jacob, slowly getting more curious.

"This!" cried Zak, pushing one of the random bricks roughly. Jacob heard it clatter as it fell in, and he peered into the hole.

"Its' a-" began Jacob.

"Abandoned warehouse," finished Hays. "We know."

"Why do we wanna get in there?" asked Jacob, confused.

"We don't," replied Zak, walking over to Malak, who was bent over, carefully inspecting the ground.

"Why'd you take out the brick then?" asked Jacob.

Zak shrugged. "Random vandalism?" he suggested, shrugging.

Yeah, I knew someone would inquire about the duelling. See, in the actual story, it was a single chapter within before the first duel. The reason it looks longer is that I've split this up a lot. The reason for THAT is twofold: I want the chapters to be easily read (it's happened to me before that I've had to leave in the middle of reading and it's so annoying re-finding your place) and that I usually (not always) have a very limited time frame to actually be on the computer.

TotalObelisk is right, unless it works for the story, I don't like having action right from the start. I'm just the kind of writer that believes you need character development before actual action. Don't despair, after this first bit, theres' practically three duels in a row (with little bits between, of course).

Now:

Chapter 1, Part D: The Beginning

Jacob watched, interested, as Malak motioned for Lerrack to come closer.

"What is it?" Jacob asked, curious.

"You'll see," replied Hays.

"Drop the mysterious act," retorted Malak.

"So what is it?" repeated Jacob.

"You'll see," mocked Zak.

"Aw, Zak!" cried Hays in despair.

Malak and Zak laughed as Lerrack bent down to the filthy ground, reaching down to a...

"What is it?" continued Jacob, annoyed.

"Jeez!" shouted Malak, frustrated. "Will you please be quiet, man?"

"Tell me!" moaned Jacob.

"No," replied Malak curtly.

"Yes!" cried Jacob impatiently.

"No!" mocked Malak.

"Yes!" whinged Jacob.

"Don't try arguing with Malak," advised Hays.

"Why?" asked Jacob, curiousity beating his frustration... for the time being.

"Because he can go FOREVER!" whimpered Hays. "He's done it before..."

"Whats' wrong with tha-" began Jacob, interrupted by a harsh grating noise behind him. He turned to see it was Lerrack, standing beside a-

"Hole in the ground?" asked Jacob belligerently. "May I ask, what the heck happened?"

"A trapdoor happened," said Zak shortly, swinging down the gaping hole, causing a slight *thud* as he hit the ground.

"A trapdoor?" asked Jacob, confused, watching as Lerrack jumped down the gap, wordlessly, as usual.

"Thats' what the man said," grunted Malak, following Lerrack down.

"Where's it go?" he asked Hays.

"Best way to know is to get down here, rookie!" cried Malak, voice echoing from underneath their feet.

"Amazing," muttered Hays. "Even when you can't see him, he manages to insult people..."

"I heard that, Hays!" barked Malaks' echo.

"Better go," said Hays, gesturing towards the trapdoor.

Jacob looked on with a mixture of fear and curiosity as Hays carefully lowered himself down the gap, landing heavily. Jacob peered down, only seeing Hays' carefully combed light hair.

"You ok?" called down Jacob, anxiety flooding through his stomach.

"I think I got dirt on my shoes!" he heard Hays moan.

"He's ok," sighed Jacob.

"Hurry up, you two losers!" boomed Malak.

"Hurry up!" muttered Hays, motioning for Jacob to follow him, before turning and setting off into deep shadows.

Jacob gulped and braced himself for the fall, thinking of all the things that could go wrong... break a leg, twist his ankle, or fall and fall into oblivion....

"Hurry up!" hissed Hays. "You were the one who wanted to get there early!" cried Hays, out of Jacobs' sight.

"I didn't think we'd be taking the underground route!" replied Jacob loudly, gingerly leaning over the trapdoor, and slowly climbing down, dreading that SOMETHING would go wrong...

It didn't. He landed roughly, but not painfully, a fair distance under the trapdoor. He felt around where he had landed, unable to see: it was soft.

"Is this moss?" he asked Hays, able to just make out his figure through the thick shadows.

"Pfft," replied Malak, voice echoing eeriely. "Padding. We're not leaving it up to 'Mother Nature'."

"How far underground are we?" gulped Jacob.

"About six feet?" guessed Hays.

"How ironic," muttered Jacob, claustrophobia already setting in.

"Follow me," said Hays, walking through the darkness, Jacob scurried after him, afraid of getting lost.

"Where are we going?" asked Jacob, after what seemed like hours of walking through the passage, each meter of the corridor indistinguishable from the others in the darkness, so thick it seemed to be hanging in the air.

"Does it matter, rookie?" said Zaks' voice faintly, echoes flowing down the corridor.

"To me, yes," muttered Jacob darkly.

"Nearly there," replied Hays cryptically.

"Nearly where?" cried Jacob, forgetting the echoes, now bouncing backwards and forwards in a ghastly choir of noise.

"Shut up!" replied Malak frustratingly.

More soon.

Character development. Might appear pointless now, but if you barely know the characters at all you don't get that feeling of... ummm... involvment in the story.

Like I said, it's normally not this long, because originally, it was meant to be in large chapters. Oce I finish Chap. 1, I'll edit it all my posts so its' in one (or two) larger parts instead of four or five smaller parts, and then it actually looks like its' shorter. But, within the next part (or two, depending on how long I have to write) there will definitely be duelling.

Cont.:

"We're there!" cried Zak from the front, attempting to drown out the noise of Jacob and Malak.

"Where?" asked Jacob.

"Our mystical magical land of wonder," mocked Malak.

"No need to be sarcastic," said Hays stoutly.

"Why not?" asked Malak, sarcasm still lingering in his tone.

"Oh just shut up," retorted Hays, irritated.

Jacob looked ahead to see a thin golden line, in the shape of a door. He watched as Zak opened the door carefully, his eyes temporarily blinded by the sudden influx of brightness.

He looked around the room. "What is this place?" he asked, amazed.

"Like I said," replied Malak. "Our mystical, magical portal to a world of dreams."

"Really?" asked Jacob.

"Pfft," sniggered Malak. "No, you idiot!"

"Oh," said Jacob, slightly disappointed. "What is it then?"

"Zak's basement," replied Hays.

"Zak's... basement?" asked Jacob, bewildered. "Why are we here?"

"Because Zak lives right next to the the venue where the tournament is," replied Hays.

"You're not very good with words, are you?" drawled Malak.

"Nope," replied Zak heartily.

Jacob checked his watch again. "Ten minutes," he said nervously.

"Better go," said Zak, walking up a flight of stairs on their right.

"Don't your parents even care that you do things like that?" panted Jacob and they sprinted up the rather large flight of steps.

"Parents?" asked Zak.

"Dude," whispered Hays, just behind Jacob. "Zak was orphaned in a huge car crash like four years ago."

"Oh," said Jacob, suddenly feeling cold and saddened.

"Be sensitive," Hays muttered, before sprinting past him and almost jumping on Malaks' back.

"Hey!" cried Malak. "Do you even know how heavy you are?"

"Sixty kilos?" estimated Hays.

"Yeah right, 'fatty'," taunted Malak, while rubbing his back. "Damn, man. That was so not cool."

"And you know how to be cool?" mocked Hays, jogging around Malak in dizzying circles.

"You stop that," threatened Malak, "or I will..."

"What?" asked Hays.

"God forbid I will sic Zak on you!" laughed Malak.

"Heh," laughed Jacob

"Stop it, you four," said Zak sternly, as they reached the top of the stairs.

"Where now?" asked Jacob, really starting to feel annoyed by being out of the loop.

"Umm, out the door?" suggested Hays.

"Yeah, rookie," replied Malak, rolling his eyes. "First you can't get out of a door, then you can't figure out what one does. You must really dislike doors."

"They dislike him," joked Zak, as they strided past a small couch, in front of a TV.

"Nice living room," said Jacob.

"'Living room'?" mocked Malak. "Umm, it's LOUNGE room. 'Living room' sounds like you're British."

"What's wrong with that?" objected Hays, as all five of them walked through Zak's house before reaching the door.

"Umm..." asked Jacob. "Why are we stopped?"

"Because the door is the guardian to another realm," replied Malak, sarcasm rife in his tone. "And should we not appease him, he shall cast us down into the foul abyss, where its' always really hot and there's never any video games!"

"O...k," said Jacob slowly. "What's wrong REALLY?"

"I've lost the darned key," muttered Zak, fumbling through his wallet.

"You keep your key in your WALLET?" cried Jacob.

"I keep everything in my wallet," dismissed Zak. "Money, keys, my deck, bits of chewing gum..."

"That's disgusting," replied Jacob, sidling back apprehensively.

"See, thats' what I always said," began Hays. "But no-one ever-"

"Shut up," replied Malak automatically.

Jacob looked up worriedly at the clock. "Six minutes," he gulped. "We're not going to get there in time..."

"Dude, stop," replied Malak, irritated. "A, you look like you need to go to the toilet REALLY badly. Second, that's only when decklist writings begin. Tournament proper starts at 11:00. Its' only 10:34."

"Ok," said Jacob, breathing deeply, anxiety in his stomach beginning to subside.

"Got it!" cried Zak, brandishing a tarnished brown key and thrusting it into the golden lock on the door. He twisted the key wildly and the door flung open. "Let's roll!" he cried, as Lerrack, Hays, and Malak charged down the staircases, Jacob walking, slower, down after them, feeling a breeze for the first time for what seemed like years. Zak shut the door then fumbled with the lock, before charging past Jacob and catching up with the other three as they crossed the road to the Card Shop.

Malak turned to face Jacob, who had only just reached the foot of the stairs.

"For someone who was hurrying before," he drawled, "you sure are taking your sweet time. Get your butt over here!"

"Ok!" replied Jacob, striding quickly across the street before entering the store with the other four.

He looked around in awe. People were bustling around, buying cards, trading cards, practising, discussing, bragging, attempting to intimidate one another, writing decklists, giving advice. It was noisy, thought Jacob. VERY noisy.

"When's the duelling start?" asked Jacob, excited. "I wanna check the competition!"

"This isn't a duelling event for a while," replied Hays. "First theres' a big welcoming speech."

"How long?" asked Jacob.

"BIG," replied Zak, nodding.

"Then why are all these people here?" Jacob asked, curiously. "They can't all be pros."

"They aren't," replied Malak airily. "Half are pros."

"What're the rest doing here?" asked Jacob.

"Amateurs wanting autographs, and con artists trying to fleece the newbies," replied Zak.

"Hey buddy!" shouted a man standing next to the wall. "Wanna buy a booster? Buy two get one free!"

"Sounds good," muttered Jacob.

Hays shook his head. "Fakes."

"They're fakes?" asked Jacob, appalled.

"Trying to fleece the newbies," repeated Zak, rolling his eyes.

"So, what do we do now?" asked Jacob, running into another group of guys walking in the other direction.

"Watch it, rookie!" cried one of them, disdainfully.

"I'm no amateur!" replied Jacob hotly.

"Well," sniggered the man, "the standards sure have slipped since I became a professional..."

"I'm fairly sure they don't keep documentation from the prehistoric era, grandpa," rebutted Malak coolly.

"Ah, Malak Nasiia," replied the man softly. He WAS old, thought Jacob. Maybe even thirty. Still, he thought, I think I recognize him from somewhere...

"Still as arrogant, cocky, lazy and pathetic as ever. One would have hoped the off-season would have given you some time to reflect..."

"Ah, Robert," mocked Malak. "Still as rambling and annoying as ever."

"And you can talk?" fired a teenager standing behind Robert.

"I can out-duel YOU, old man!" cried Jacob.

"You should respect your elders, BOY," replied Robert, voice turning to a sneer. "I've forgotten more about duelling than you will ever know."

"Fine!" retorted Jacob. "Duel! Right here, right now."

Robert sniggered. "I don't have time to waste with amateurs."

"What's wrong?" taunted Zak. "Scared?"

"I have nothing to prove to you slackers," replied Robert calmly.

"Figures," smirked Zak. "I'll make you a deal."

"Hmph," snorted Robert. "You duel my friend," said Zak. "You win, I quit the pro tour."

"And if he should win?" asked Robert.

"Nothing," replied Zak, smile still present on his face. "You just get a bad reputation of being schooled by an amateur."

"So basically, you have nothing to lose," smirked Malak.

"Mmm..." pondered Robert. "You have your duel, amateur. Let's go."

"Finally!" cried Jacob. "I've been waiting for this for EVER!"

"Hmm..." muttered Robert to himself. "I'll use my test deck, so it'll be even more satisfying when I school this rookie and send that annoying Zak packing. He reached into his pocket, pulled out his deck, and slotted it into his duel disk, which he then fitted on his arm and activated. "Hurry up, rookie," he growled.

"Ok!" cried Jacob, extracting his deck from his deck box and placing it delicately into the deck slot, throwing the disk onto his arm, and activating it.

"Don't let me down now, deck," he mumbled.

"DUEL!" cried Jacob and Robert together.

End Chapter 1.

Chapter 2 working on right now.

Chapter 2: Mathematical Proof.

(I've neglected to mention how the duelling works. I will be using fully created cards for some decks. Some will be real cards, and some a mix.)

Jacob: 4000

Robert: 4000

"Age before amateurs," grunted Robert as he drew his six cards. "I'll begin by activating my spell card, known as Mathematical Penalizer!"

Jacob watched, curious, as a large lightning rod appeared behind Robert, numbers cycling around it at an extremely fast rate.

"And it does?" Zak asked Malak.

"Each time either player draws a card outside the Draw Phase, Jacob takes 200 points of damage," said Malak. "That's a good card."

"200 Life Points?" sniggered Zak. "Pathetic."

"Believe me," said Malak. tone more sober than before, "he'll be doing a lot of drawing if he gets things his way..."

"Your friend is right," smirked Robert. "Now, I summon Subtratius, the Mathematical Warrior!" Jacob watched as an armored warrior appeared in front of Robert, a blue minus sign on his blade hilt and his helmet. (1400/1200).

"1400 attack points?" cried Zak. "Rookie can take that down with ease!"

"First, his effect!" cried Robert gleefully. "I get to draw a card from my deck!"

"But that means..." gasped Jacob.

"He takes 200 damage!" cried Hays.

Jacob flinched as a bolt of lightning crackled from the machine behind Robert, taking him down to 3800 Life Points.

"That'll finish my turn," said Robert, smiling. "Lets' see what you have, amateur!"

"Thought you'd never ask!" cried Jacob, drawing a card: Fusion of Fate.

"I'll kick off my move with this: Beserker Warrior of the Cards!" (????/????)

"Question marks?" asked Zak, bewildered.

"How's he going to kill that Math dude with question marks?" asked Hays.

"Its' a gamble card," said Malak shortly. "He draws a card from a deck of playing cards. He multiplies the result by 100, then subtracts it from 2000, and that is its' attack strength."

"What if its' a King, Queen or Jack?" asked Hays.

"Gets a different effect," said Malak impatiently. "Look, hes' drawing."

Jacob pulled a card from the virtual deck. "Four!" he cried, as Beserker Warrior's attack increased to 1600. (1600/1600).

"Good, eh Zak?" said Hays, nudging Zak, whose eyes had glazed over.

"What's wrong, buddy?" panicked Hays. "Whats' wrong!?"

"I'll tell you whats' wrong," said Zak softly. "I PUT MY FATE IN THE HANDS OF A GAMBLER! I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!"

"True," replied Malak. "But, for now at least, the rookies' got the advantage."

"Now, Beserker! Attack that minus guy!" cried Jacob, as Beserkers' sword shot a hurricane of playing cards at Subtratius, impaling him. (Robert: 3800)

"Hah!" cried Robert. "You activated his second effect. Now, you must discard a card from your hand to the graveyard!"

"Adios, Balance of Fate," said Jacob, placing it in the graveyard.

"My move!" growled Robert. "And I first activate the field card Magic Square!"

Jacob looked down worriedly as a huge 4x4 square materialized around him. He was in one square, Robert opposite him.

"What does this do?" he asked, slightly weirded out.

"We may now both summon level 5 monsters without a tribute," Robert said. "But there is a cost."

Jacob gulped. "And whats' that?'

"Your opponent then draws a card," Robert laughed. "So now, I summon Algebriatia, the Mathematical Champion!" (1900/1600)

"So I draw a card?" asked Jacob, as he got blasted by another bolt of lightning from Mathematical Penalizer. (Jacob: 3600)

"And now Algebriatia will attack your Beserker!" cried Robert, as Jacobs' warrior was struck down by a beam of complicated algorithms. (Jacob: 3300)

"Now his effect kicks in," smiled Robert, "and we both draw a card!"

"No way!" cried Jacob, as he was struck by two more lightning bolts. (Jacob: 2900)

"That machine is killing him!" cried Hays anxiously.

"I... gotta get rid of... that thing..." panted Jacob.

"This rookie will be disposed of sooner than I thought!" thought Robert happily. "And then Zak will be gone forever!"

Robert is dominating the field with Algebriatia, the Mathematical Champion (1900/1600), and Mathematical Penalizer, a card that hits Jacob each time either draws a card. Jacob has nothing on the field, and needs a good card...

Cont.

Jacob: 2900

Robert: 3800

"My go," panted Jacob, as he drew his card, and his face lit up.

"What is it?" asked Robert, suspicious.

"My favourite little card called Dice of the Draw!" cried Jacob, as he slotted the card into the disk. "Now I roll a die, then I draw that many cards from my deck, then I discard that many from the top of my deck!"

"You fool!" cried Robert. "You'll take damage no matter what you do!"

"Its' a risk I'm willing to take," replied Jacob, as the die spun and spun and spun and finally landed on a...

"Four!" shouted Jacob, elation cut short as four powerful bolts of lightning hit him from all directions. (Jacob: 2100)

"He'd better have drawn something good," muttered Malak.

"Draw anything worth the 800 points, rookie?" sneered Robert.

"Yep!" cried Jacob. "Now I activate my spell, Fusion of Fate! Now I fuse my Luxic, Lord of Spades and Chancha, Lord of Clubs to form Mega-Fate, King of the Dark Suit!" (????/????)

"More question marks?" cried Hays. He turned to Malak. "That's another Gambler monster, isn't it?"

"That is a fusion Gambler monster," confirmed Malak. "This could turn the game around... or it could ruin the rookie."

"What?!" cried Hays, alarmed.

"Now, he'll attack your monster!" cried Jacob.

"How?" asked Hays.

"Jacob pulls eight cards from his virtual deck," explained Malak. "For each Spade or Club drawn, Mega-Fate gains 500 ATK points."

"What?!" cried Hays, alarmed. "He needs a four! That's like-"

"More possible than you think," cut Malak. "Odds are around half."

"Go, card draw!" cried Jacob, as one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight cards were dealt out, then flipped up... Jacob watched them, worried.

"7 of Hearts, 2 of Clubs, Jack of Spades, Queen of Hearts, 5 of Diamonds, Ace of Spades, 9 of Diamonds, 10 of Clubs... that's..."

"Damn!" swore Robert, having already read the cards.

"Four!" cried Jacob.

"Someone's a little late to the party," muttered Malak.

"Go!" cried Jacob happily. "Dark Card Slash!" (Mega-Fate: 2000/2000)

Robert flinched as Algebriatia was destroyed in a blast of cards and numbers. (Robert: 3700)

"Yes!" cried Hays.

"The rookies' still way down on Life Points," responded Malak. "Still a long way to go."

"My turn!" cried Robert furiously. "And I summon Multiplicious, the Mathematical Warrior! (1200/1000)" He grinned. "You'll never guess his effect..."

"You draw a card?" guessed Jacob.

"Correct!" replied Robert, as an arc of lightning lanced over his head and hit Jacob. (Jacob: 1900)

"Still," said Hays, reassuringly, "Mega-Fate still has twice as many attack points, right?"

"No," replied Malak shortly.

"What?!" cried Hays, as he looked to Mega-Fate... and his attack had reset to the question marks.

"Whats' happened?!" he demanded.

"Its' a Continuous Gamble monster," explained Malak. "Each time it battles, Jacob has to pull eight more cards."

"So that puny thing could BEAT Jacobs' monster?" cried Hays.

"It's unlikely, but still possible," Malak admitted.

"Don't worry about me attacking with Multiplicious," smirked Robert. "I activate the spell card Commutative Summon!"

"What?" cried Jacob.

"What?" cried Hays.

"Damn..." muttered Malak.

"Ok," smiled Robert. "I'll walk you through it, amateur. First, I tribute my monster."

"What?" cried Hays, again. "Does he want to lose?"

"Shut up," retorted Malak, interested.

"Then, I get to summon two monsters whose levels equal the level of the lowest monster on the field!" cried Robert victoriously. "And that is your pathetic gambler, with SEVEN! So I summon Additius and Divisitor, the Mathematical Warriors!" Jacob coiled as Robert smirked again. "And first, their effects mean that..."

"You draw 2 cards?" asked Jacob, as a pair of bolts surged at him again. (Jacob: 1500)

"Then I activate my spell card!" Robert shouted, as he held the card up.

"Mathematical Formula!" he cried. "Now I send Divisitor and Additius, and I get something much more powerful. Addivisitor, the Mathematical Master!" (1750/1600)

"Oh dear," said Jacob, staring up at the behemoth warrior.

"And his effect lets me draw 2 cards right off the bat..." smiled Robert. But, then, you must draw one as well!"

"O...k," panted Jacob, smoke starting to appear around him in wisps. He stared at it in wonder. "I'm so lucky," he muttered, before three arcs of crackling lightning hit him in the chest. Jacob knelt, unable to stand (Jacob: 900)

Preview of Next Part:

(Note: this are not related, except that they are all in the next bit.)

"You allowed me to draw this!" cried Jacob.

"GO!" bellowed Jacob. "GAMBLERS' DESTINY!"

"You fell clean into my trap!" cried Robert triumphantly.

Chapter 2, Cont.

"Hahaha!" laughed Robert. "Now I activate my field spell, Mathematical Amplifier!"

Jacob looked around as the magic square beneath his feet crumbled, replaced by a larger machine above Robert. It had five wires, each one above one of Roberts' monster zones.

"Whats' this do?" asked Jacob.

"All of his monsters gain 200 ATK points for each empty monster card zone on his field," explained Malak.

"That's bad," replied Hays anxiously.

"It gets worse," replied Malak solemnly.

"Whenever a monster destroys another in battle," smirked Robert, "the controller of the victorious monster draws a card!"

"No way!" cried Jacob, as Addivisitor swelled up to 2550 ATK points.

"Go, Addivisitor!" cried Robert. "Wipe him out!"

"I can still defeat him!" Jacob cried, as a wall of cards appeared in front of Mega-Fate, holding Addivisitors' energy strike at bay.

"Only four?!" despaired Jacob.

"Four!" cried Robert triumphantly. "Wipe out his Gambler!"

Jacob shielded his eyes as Addivisitors' energy strike interspersed with another arc of crackling lightning and struck him on the chest, blowing through Jacob's monster. (Jacob: 150)

"You are defeated," drawled Robert. "Give up!"

"You can do this!" cried Hays. "Don't give up!"

"I CAN do this!" cried Jacob, all his worries and anxiety evaporating. "You done?"

"I lay a card face down, and I end my turn," replied Robert. "Lets' see you make your 'grand comeback'".

"I draw my card!" cried Jacob.

"I activate my trap!" bellowed Robert. "It's called Divisitors' Undoing and it only works when there is a Divisitor on my side of the field!"

"But you don't have Divisitor on your field!" protested Jacob.

"Yes I do," smirked Robert. "A FUSION of Divisitor also works! So now I can pay 1000 Life Points to discard your hand to the graveyard, and then you draw cards equal to half the amound discarded!" (Robert: 2700)

Robert laughed. "I guess I win," he smirked, as a massive arc of electricity exploded at Jacobs' feet, blowing up a cloud of dust.

"Jacob!" cried Hays, despairing.

"Zak..." muttered Malak.

But, as the smoke cleared, Jacob was still standing there, smirking, life points still at 150.

"How?!" cried Robert, furious. "You should be annihilated!"

"Shoulda, woulda, coulda," smirked Jacob. "Your own move was your downfall. One of the cards you tossed out by Divisitors' Undoing was a handy little spell known to me as Gamblers' Insurance. The turn that it is sent to the graveyard, I can take no damage whatsoever, until the end of my next turn. So I guess I'm alive."

"Doesn't matter," snarled Robert. "You're still losing. Finish your last move."

"You're right," smiled Jacob. "This will be the last move. YOU HELPED ME DRAW THIS! GO, GAMBLER'S DESTINY!"

"What?!" cried Robert, confused and a little frightened.

"Yes!" cried Malak.

"I toss a coin," explained Jacob. "I call it right, I am allowed to add two cards from my grave to my hand. If I call wrong, I must discard two and then I lose 1000 Life Points!"

"He might lose!" cried Hays.

"Not exactly," replied Malak. "He can't take the damage, but considering he'd have no cards in his hand or field, it'd be looking pretty bleak."

"Go, coin toss!" cried Jacob. "I call Heads!"

All five of them watched as the coin fell, in almost slow-motion, falling, clattering, spinning, finally landing on...

"HEADS!" shouted Hays.

"Heads," smirked Malak.

"Heads!" cried Jacob.

"Heads," growled Robert.

"And I'll resurrect Fusion of Fate and Dice of the Draw!" he cried. "And I'll now activate Dice!"

The die spun, and fell to land on a five.

"Touchdown!" cried Jacob.

"Grr..." muttered Robert. "Nothing can protect you!" he bellowed, as if he was trying to convince himself as much as he was trying to convince Jacob.

"Whatever you say," replied Jacob airily, drawing five cards from the top of his deck. Maybe THIS'LL help! I think we need a change of scenery..."

"If he's playing what I think he's playing..." smiled Malak.

"What'll happen?" asked Hays.

"He's won."

"I activate my own field spell! Go, Grand Casino!" shouted Jacob.

"NO!" cried Robert, as his field spell was shattered, replaced by poker machines ringing the duel arena, neon lights above their heads, and a blackjack table seperating the fields. (Addivisitor: 1750 ATK)

"What does it do?" wailed Robert.

"Instead of having to toss a coin, roll a die, or pull a card for a Gamble monsters' effect," smirked Jacob, "I can instead CHOOSE the values!"

"NO!" wailed Robert. "This can't be!"

"Score!" yelled Malak.

"Now, I activate Fusion of Fate!" Jacob cried. "And I fuse my two Destroyers of the Dice to summon Snake-Eyes, Lord of Dual Dice!" (1000/1000)

"No more question marks?" asked Hays.

"This just keep getting better," smirked Malak.

"Normally, I'd roll two dice, the result would be multiplied by 200 and added to his attack. But," he smiled, "because of my Casino, I think I'll skip that part and make the roll twelve!"

Two dice appeared over Snake-Eyes' head, and they obediently rolled to reveal a pair of sixes. (Snake-Eyes: 3200/1000)

"Go, Snake-Eyes!" cried Jacob. "Attack!"

"Not so fast," smirked Robert. "I'm going to activate my trap, Power Dice! My monster's attack is doubled if I roll an odd number on one die, and your monsters' attack is halved if I roll an even number on the other! Now, then..."

"I activate my own spell card!" cried Jacob. "It's called Fate Defuser. And when you use a card whose effect involves rolling a die or flipping a coin, I can activate it. Now, I roll three dice. If their combined result is greater than or equal to twelve, your card goes bye-byes!"

"Go ahead," smirked Robert. "The odds are against you!"

"I don't care!" cried Jacob defiantly. "Go, Defuser Dice!"

All five watched intently... the entire duel hinged on this dice roll. The first die clattered to a halt. "Two..." murmured the onlookers in unison. The second slowed, spun around, to reveal a six.

"Yes!" mumbled Jacob.

"Malak?" asked Hays, turning to his friend.

"Odds are against the rookie," replied Malak lowly. "But he can do it..."

"C'mon," prayed Jacob.

"C'mon," growled Robert roughly.

"C'mon," muttered Hays.

The final die spun, turned, clicked, and finally rolled to reveal....

"What is it?!" cried Hays, anxious and curious, feeling dread.

"Its'...." said Jacob...

"Four," muttered Malak, smirk plastered across his face.

"FOUR?!" screamed Robert.

"That means..." smiled Jacob.

"I still have life points!" smirked Robert. "I guess your plan doesn't work after all."

Jacob laughed. "Did I mention that if Fate Defuser works, you take 1000 damage?"

Robert screamed as his Life Points dropped to 1700.

"I... still... have enough," he panted, still smiling.

"We'll see," smiled Jacob. "Go, Snake-Eyes!" he cried triumphantly. "Double Die Devastation!"

All five watched as Snake-Eyes jumped from the blackjack table, landing right in front of Robert, unleashing a hailstorm of dice against him, shattering Addivisitor as Roberts Life Points fell all the way to 50.

"I'm still alive!" cried Robert, smirking smugly.

"No you aren't," mocked Jacob. "I activate my spell card, All-In!"

"Jacobs' won," smirked Malak.

"Now we both take twice the amount of damage this turn!" cried Jacob. "So that means..."

"I can't lose!" Robert wailed. "Not to an amateur!" He fell to the ground, as his Life Points trickled down to 0.

"I guess you just did," replied Hays smugly.

"I WON!" cried Jacob.

"Yo Zak," muttered Malak, kicking Zak softly. "Yo, Zak."

"Whuzz..." groaned Zak, picking himself off the ground. "What happened?"

"The rookie won!" cried Hays, bursting with excitement.

"He beat Robert?" asked Zak hazily.

"Yeah," muttered Malak.

Zak stumbled over to Jacob. "I totally owe you, man," said Zak.

"Hooray!" cried Jacob, elated. "I'm a pro now!"

End Chapter 2.

PS: If your saying Jacob is too lucky, don't worry, it'll fail on him eventually. Its' kind of a parody of the "main character shield" of Yugi and Jaden, that means that can't lose.

Duelling happening right after this. I've got a hint, its' Jacob against a guy running... well, save that til the chapter.

Also, chapter after next is Malak and Zak unveiling their decks in a tag duel!

"Dude," said Zak, "I so owe you... a lot. If you'd have lost, I'd've had to go!"

"No problem," grinned Jacob, heart still pounding with excitement.

"He got lucky," dismissed Malak. "Literally. He won the duel by tossing an twelve from three dice."

"You're complaining?" asked Hays.

"Hey Jacob," said Zak. "You thinking of entering the Battle Royal?"

"I dunno," replied Jacob, still flushed from his victory. "I'm not much of a fighter..."

"No, you dummy," cried Malak. "The Battle Royal, as in the Prestige Tournament."

"A Prestige Tournament?" asked Jacob, all his childhood dreams flooding back to him. "I'd love to!" he cried.

"Well, its' harder than just saying 'Me want in'," chuckled Malak. "Its' a free-roaming tournament over the city for two days. The guys who are undefeated after that gain entrance."

"I dunno," said Hays anxiously. "Those guys are pretty good..."

"Know what? I don't even care, the rookie won," laughed Zak. "So I say..."

Zak turned as he ran into someone's back.

"Hey, watch it!" the guy said, before turning away from the five of them.

"What's happening over there?" asked Jacob curiously.

Malak leaned over the back of the crowd. "It's a duel," he said.

"Who is it?" asked Jacob, curious.

"No idea," shrugged Malak.

"Let's walk around the other side," suggested Hays.

As they walked around the crowd gathered along the streets, they saw that one of the duellists had a huge monster out on the field, while the other's field was completely empty.

"Wow," said Jacob. "That thing has 2700 attack points! And that other guy only has 600 life points left! This duel's in the bag."

"Remember, you came back from further down than that..." warned Hays.

"Yeah, yeah," replied Jacob.

"Hah!" cried one of the duelists, standing behind the behemoth dark monster. "My Dark Soul of the Accursed has 2700 ATK points!" he cried. "You have nothing. You are doomed!"

"Not so, William," replied his opponent calmly. "Draw!" He smirked. "This is the last turn, William. I activate my spell, Wandering Weapon!"

"What?" replied William.

"Now, I may play equip spell cards when there's no monsters on my field," explained the duelist, "but the first legal target that hits my field MUST take it as an equip spell. So, I play Twin Bladed Battle-Axe - Hakslahs!"

"Pfft," sniggered William. "That won't help you."

"It will," replied his opponent, totally calm. "I now summon Guardian Hakslahs, in attack mode!" (800/2000)

"It won't protect you!" laughed William malevolently.

"I disagree," replied the other. "My Guardian gains my equip spell. When a monster equipped with my Twin Bladed Battle-Axe deals damage to you, the damage is doubled. And when Guardian Hakslahs does damage to you, you take five hundred points of damage for each equip spell card on the field."

"It doesn't matter," cried William. "You won't be getting past my Soul of the Accursed!"

"We'll see. For now, I play Guardian Devastation!" he cried.

"My Soul of the Accursed is unaffected by spells," grinned William.

"I'm not targeting him," replied the other. "It allows me to send two monsters from my deck to the graveyard, and I choose a pair of Guardian Spiritoa!"

"So what?" replied William.

"So, my Guardian Hakslahs gains defense equal to their defense points, which are 1500 each!" (Guardian Hakslahs: 800/5000)

"A fat lot of good its' doing you while its' in attack mode," replied William. "I bet you forgot that!"

"On the contrary," replied the other, totally calm, "I planned on it. I yet have one card to play."

"What's that?" asked William. "Nothing can help you!"

"As you have said before. But I activate my final spell, My Shield as a Weapon!"

"What?" asked Jacob and Hays in unison.

"Watch," replied Malak impatiently, watching in interest.

"Now, for this turn only, when my monsters' defense points would increase, its' attack points increase instead," said the duelist.

William stepped back in awe. "That means..." he muttered, wide-eyed.

"Yes," replied his opponent. "My Guardian Hakslahs gains 3000 attack points." (Guardian Hakslahs: 3800/2000)

"Go, my Guardian," said the duelist clearly. "Destroy his dark monster."

William flinched as Guardian Hakslahs cut through Dark Soul of the Accursed, dropping his Life Points to 1900.

"I'm still alive," he smirked.

"You must have forgotten my Twin Bladed Battle-Axe - Hakslahs' effect," replied the other. "Damage you take from a battle involving my Guardian is doubled."

"But that means..." gasped Jacob.

"No way!" cried William, as his Life Points fell to zero.

"He obliterated an opponent with full Life Points and a 2700 ATK monster!" cried Jacob, amazed. "He's very good."

"He got lucky," dismissed Malak. "Plus his opponent probably couldn't duel his way out of a paper bag."

"I'm going to go talk to him," said Jacob, sprinting down onto the street, where the crowd were cheering for the victor.

"Hey!" exclaimed Jacob, as he neared the winner.

"Hello," he replied, voice still perfectly calm.

"That was a SWEET duel!" cried Jacob.

"Thank you," the winner replied. "Who might you be?"

"My name is Jacob!" cried Jacob. "Jacob Johannsen."

"Jacob?" asked the other duelist. "You defeated Robert Fifoot in your debut duel?"

"That was Robert Fifoot?!" cried Jacob. "THE Robert Fifoot? The Prestige Tournament Robert Fifoot?"

"He was using a new deck," dismissed Zak. "Fifoot has a science deck, not a maths deck."

"Perhaps," replied the other boy. "Many people have more than one deck. So, Jacob," he said, turning to Jacob. "Seeing as you defeated Robert Fifoot, I would like to see your victorious deck. Would you care to duel?"

"Sure!" cried Jacob. "Thats' what I came down here to ask you for."

"Good," replied the other duelist.

"I'm going to go look for some victims... I mean... opponents... to duel," said Malak, turning and walking away.

"I'll come," said Zak, following after Malak. "Seeya and thanks, Jacob."

"I'm staying, and Lerrack is too," smiled Hays.

"Let's do this!" cried Jacob. The other boy nodded, and they both activated their duel disks.

"LET'S DUEL!"

Yeah, Guardians. I always liked the Waking the Dragons arc the best out of them all, so thats' a clue for some other decks to be looking out for. Don't worry, there won't be any "Light v Darkness" junk/stuff for a long time (if I put it in at all).

Really? I tried to make it clear, but it was, tell the truth, a semi-filler that introduces two important characters for the rest of this story arc (there will be exactly eight: one of each Prestige Tournament): and I wanted to show off just how good this guy was.

Chapter should be up in about eight hours.

"DUEL!" they cried in unison.

Jacob: 4000

Opponent: 4000

"I don't even know your name," said Jacob. "So you can start, stranger!"

"As you wish," replied the duelist. "My name is Zaxla."

"Your move, Zaxla!" cried Jacob, enthusiatically.

"Fine," replied Zaxla. "I will summon my Weapon Shifter in defense mode (200/1200). And I may treat his summon as a Special Summon, but you then draw two cards from your deck."

"Fine by me!" cried Jacob, as he pulled two more cards off his deck. "Thanks, Zaxla!"

"You are welcome. Now, I may still summon this turn. But first, I play my equipment spell, Shield of Celebration - Minoris. And the monster that it is equipped to cannot be destroyed by monster effects," he said, a slight hint of a smile crossing his face. "And since Shield of Celebration is on the field, I may summon Guardian Minoris in attack mode. (350/1400)"

"I'll wipe that thing clear off the field," cried Jacob.

"I'm sure you will," replied Zaxla. "But, for now, I will play a single card face-down and end my move."

"My go!" cried Jacob happily. "Lets' roll." He stared at his hand. Not good... he muttered.

"I will play a monster face-down and end!" Jacob cried.

"Ok then," replied Zaxla. "It is my move. I'll begin by activating the second effect of my Weapon Shifter. During my Standby Phase, I may change the targets of all my equipment spells. So I will move my Shield of Celebration to my Guardian Minoris."

"So what?" cried Jacob.

"You must not be aware of my Guardian Minoris' effect. I may tribute him to destroy a face-down card on your side of the field."

"Hah! I was bluffing!" Jacob cried, as the Legendary Gambler was destroyed from his field. "When my Legendary Gambler's effect activates! So now I can add a Gambler monster from my deck to my hand! And the best thing is, your monster just got wiped!"

"You are mistaken," replied Zaxla, Guardian Minoris still standing behind him.

"What?!" cried Jacob. "Why is he not destroyed!?"

"You must have overlooked my Shield of Celebration," smiled Zaxla. "Due to that, my Guardian cannot be destroyed by his own effect."

"No way!" cried Jacob, worried.

"I now activate a new equipment spell," continued Zaxla. "Its' known as Sword of Devastation - Counterstrike. And now, I will summon my Guardian Counterstrike, in attack mode. (600/1200)"

"They'll barely dent my life points!" laughed Jacob.

"Oh well. Guardian Minoris, attack!"

Jacob flinched slightly as his Life Points dropped to 3650. "Nothing at all," he shrugged.

"Focus, Jacob!" cried Hays.

"Guardian Counterstrike, your turn!" smiled Zaxla. (Jacob: 3050)

"Guardian Counterstrike's next hit will hurt a bit more," said Zaxla, as Counterstrikes' ATK points swelled to 1800.

"What?!" cried Jacob.

"Guardian Counterstrikes' ability kicks in when he deals you damage," explained Zaxla. "His attack points are increased by double the amount dealt."

Jacob gulped. "That Guardian could begin to make me hurt..."

"I end," said Zaxla.

"Good!" cried Jacob. "Yes! Dice of the Draw! And I'll activate it!"

"Now," explained Jacob, "I roll a die, and I get to draw that many cards from my deck!"

"Ok," replied Zaxla.

"Go, dice roll!" Jacob cried, familiar adrenaline beginning to course through his chest. "Its' a..."

"Two," smiled Zaxla.

"Grr..." growled Jacob. "That's plenty!" He snatched two more cards off his deck. "I'll now play Summon Dice!"

"Ok," repeated Zaxla.

"Yay!" cried Hays.

"I now roll a die!" cried Jacob. "Then I get to summon a monster with equal or less levels, but I have to pay 100 points for each level that the monster is. Go, dice roll!"

The die clattered across the field, skidding to a halt and landing on a five.

"Drat," cursed Jacob, staring at his level six Lord of Diamonds. "I'll summon Destroyer of the Dice in defense mode. (????/????) And then I'll set another monster, then end my turn."

"Then its' my turn," said Zaxla, pulling the top card off his deck. "And I'll activate Legendary Treasure. Now I discard my entire hand to the graveyard, draw two cards, and for my next three Draw Phases, I can draw two cards instead of one."

"Fine by me," smiled Jacob.

"Fine by me also," said Zaxla, as he added two more cards to his hand. "And now, I will transfer my Sword of Devastation to my Guardian Counterstrike. Now, when he attacks a defense position monster, he still deals damage to you. Also, he cannot be destroyed by spell cards if I discard a card from my hand!"

"No!" cried Jacob, wide-eyed. "That means he can still attack my defense, and get stronger!"

"Yes indeed. Now, Guardian Minoris!" commanded Zaxla. "Use your effect to destroy his face-down defense."

"Hah!" cried Jacob. "Its' my Gamble Master - Bluff King. When he's destroyed outside of battle, you cannot attack!"

"Oh well," replied Zaxla. "I will end my turn."

"Draw!" cried Jacob. I gotta make this count. "I tribute my Destroyer of the Dice to summon Fataria, King of Diamonds!" (2000/1600)

A large king materialized in front of Jacob, a drawn sword ready. "Go, my King! Attack Guardian Minoris!"

But, as the monster brought his sword down on the Guardian, a large aura appeared around it, negating the attack. Fataria bounced back, shocked, when he himself exploded in a shower of pixels.

"What happened?!" cried Jacob. "He should be dead!"

"Hah," smiled Zaxla. "I activated my spell card, Guardian Defense. Now I can tribute one of my monsters to negate an attack on one of my Guardians, then destroy the attacker."

"But..." protested Jacob. "All your monsters are still there!"

"Very observant," replied Zaxla. "I targeted my Guardian Counterstrike, but due to Sword of Destructions' effect, I may discard one card from my hand so that BOTH my Guardians' are safe."

"Grr..." growled Jacob, as Destroyer of the Dice appeared in front of him again.

"What?" asked Jacob.

"I have no idea whats' happening," admitted Hays. Lerrack shrugged.

"My card has a downside," replied Zaxla. "All the monsters that have been destroyed outside of battle, except the one I just destroyed, are resummoned to your field."

"That's ok then," said Jacob haughtily. "I'll end my turn with one face-down."

"Good," said Zaxla. "Now I draw two for my Treasure." He smiled as he pulled another card off his deck. "You'll like this," he said. "I play Tri-Bladed Katana - Bladiia."

"Great," said Hays, rolling his eyes. "More weapons."

"Now I flip my face-down monster!" he cried. "Arsenal Summoner!"

"No way!" cried Jacob.

"I now get to add a Guardian to my hand from my deck," explained Zaxla, fanning his deck and plucking out his card. He showed it to Jacob. "Its' Guardian Bladiia..."

Jacob gulped. "I'm in trouble..."

Can Jacob get out of this one? If so, how? Will Zaxla's Guardians' prove too much for him? Find out next time, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

PS: Sorry for the lateness and the shortness. Luckily, since I'm using created cards, I can make stuff up as I go, but sooner or later I actually have to plan this. Fortunately, I have Zak and Malaks' duel(s) planned out in full. They'll be dueling two new characters...

Nobody? Oh well.

Chap 3, Cont.

Jacob is not having the best of times. He's down to 2650 Life Points, against Zaxla's full 4000. He only has Destroyer of the Dice out, while Zaxla has Arsenal Summoner (1600 ATK), Guardian Minoris (350 ATK) and Guardian Counterstrike (1800 ATK) ready to fight as well as Weapon Shifter (1200 DEF) in defense mode. Plus, he has another: Guardian Bladiia, waiting in the wings.

"Jacob!" cried Hays. "You can do this!"

"Thanks, Hays," replied Jacob.

"I summon my Guardian Bladiia, in attack mode!" smiled Zaxla. (1000/1000)

Jacob sighed. "He has a special ability too?" he asked wearily.

"Indeed," said Zaxla. "When he is destroyed in battle, the opponents' monster loses attack points equal to his."

"But that means..." gulped Hays.

"And," continued Zaxla, "while Tri-Bladed Katana - Bladiia is face-up on my field, all monsters that are destroyed are not sent to the grave, but shuffled back into the deck."

"That means he can keep using Bladiia!" cried Hays.

"Yes indeed," replied Zaxla. "Now I play Guardian Annihilation! Now, I may destroy a card from your field for each and every Guardian monster on my field."

"Hah!" smirked Jacob. "You fell for my bluff! My face down was a spell called Gambler's Insurance! Now, until the end of my next turn, I cannot take any damage!"

"Well done," complimented Zaxla. "I now play a single card face-down and end my turn.

'That bought me some time,' thought Jacob. 'But he still has Guardian Minoris, Counterstrike, Bladiia, Weapon Shifter and Arsenal Summoner... that's all five monster zones filled!'

"Draw!" cried Jacob. 'I gotta make this one count...'

"Hah!" cried Jacob. "I drew a card and it has a very appropriate name... Full House! It only works when you have five monsters out... and, it wipes them all out!"

"You have once again overlooked my Sword of Devastation," replied Zaxla calmly. "But, before your card's effect is resolved, I play this! Spirit Vengeance!"

"What does that do?" asked Jacob, goggling at the trap.

"I don't know either," sighed Hays.

"I take 200 points of damage for each monster I have in my graveyard," explained Zaxla.

"But..." replied Jacob. "You don't have any!"

"Exactly!" smiled Zaxla. "If I do not have any monsters in my graveyard, you lose 2000 Life Points!"

Jacob just stood there, laughing.

"He's lost it," sighed Hays.

"Now YOU are overlooking MY cards!" cried Jacob. "Remember Gamblers' Insurance? I can't take damage!" (Jacob: 2650)

"Grrr..." growled Zaxla. "Just an oversight."

"But still, due to my Sword of Devastation, I discard my final card to the graveyard, and Guardian Counterstrike survives your spell."

"The rest of your monsters are wiped!" cried Jacob, slightly unnerved by Zaxla's calmness.

"No," replied Zaxla coolly. "Due to my Tri-Bladed Katana, they are shuffled back into my deck... Argh!" Zaxla grunted as his Life Points fell to 2800.

"What?" asked Jacob, totally confused.

"I'm totally confused," admitted Hays. Lerrack merely shrugged.

"Each... time..." panted Zaxla, "I shuffle... a monster back into my deck... by... Tri-Bladed Katana... I take 300 damage."

"Wow," said Hays. "That's a lot of effort to save a bunch of measely cards."

"Are you finished?" prompted Zaxla.

"Not nearly!" cried Jacob. "I summon Card Counter in attack mode! (1000/0)"

"What's he do?" asked Hays.

"If I can guess the number of monsters in my opponents' graveyard, his attack is doubled," smirked Jacob. "And I think that there are no monsters in your graveyard!"

"You are correct," replied Zaxla, his eeriely calm aura returning.

"That means my Card Counters' attack is kicked up to 2000!" shouted Jacob. "Go, Card Counter! Wipe out Guardian Counterstrike!"

Zaxla watched in horror as Guardian Counterstrike was sliced in two. (Zaxla: 2600)

"Now, my Card Counter switches to defense," said Jacob, as the warrior took a defensive stance. (DEF: 0)

"And with that," smiled Jacob, "I end my go."

"Good," grunted Zaxla, pulling another two cards off his deck. "I play Guardian Resurrection," he said. "Now, I send cards from my deck to the graveyard until a monster with the same level as one in my graveyard is picked up."

"Then what?" asked Hays, getting a little frustrated by all of Zaxla's cards.

"I may summon that 1 monster in my graveyard into play," smiled Zaxla. "So..."

He pulled one card off his deck. "It's Guardian Hakslahs, who has four levels," smirked Zaxla. "And guess who else has four levels..."

"Guardian Counterstrike?!" cried Jacob, alarmed, as the Guardian appeared behind Zaxla.

"Wait..." cried Hays hotly. "That Counterstrike weapon thingy isn't on the field!"

"Indeed," admitted Zaxla. "But, fortunately, Guardian Resurrection ignores summoning conditions... but Guardian Counterstrikes' attack and defense are halved, unfortunately. (300/900)"

"Phew," smiled Jacob. "THAT's ok then."

"Now I summon Steelworker of the Forge," said Zaxla. (500/250) "And his effect lets me add an equipment spell from my deck to my hand. And I'm taking another..."

"Sword of Devastation?" sighed Jacob. "Whatever."

"Indeed," said Zaxla. "Now I'll equip it to my Guardian Counterstrike, so his starts are restored." (Guardian Counterstrike: 600/1800)

Zaxla laughed as Jacob looked onto the behemoth Guardian again. "You might have defeated him once, Jacob," smiled Zaxla. "But I can assure you, it will not happen again..."

Can Jacob destroy Guardian Counterstrike again? Is Zaxla bluffing? Could Zaxla have yet another card up his sleeve? Can Jacob maintain his 50 point lead? Find out next time, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

Yeah, sorry. I saved the old one, then worked one the next bit, but I forgot to post this part XD. That's so like me to do.

Anyway, expect the next part tomorrow, around this time (in 24 hours, I have no idea what time it is for you guys who probably live half-way around the world from me).

Archived