The Tournaments of Prestige

darkguy00000

Chapter 3, Cont:

Jacob: 2650

Zaxla: 2600

The duel is still in the middle stages. Jacob has Card Counter (1000/0) in defense mode, whilst Zaxla haas Steelworker of the Forge (500) and Guardian Counterstrike (600) in attack mode. Can Jacob pull out a win? Will Zaxla's Guardians mow down Jacobs' defense? Read and find out...

"Grr..." growled Jacob.

"I will finish my turn," said Zaxla, smile still faintly etched across his face.

"Good!" cried Jacob, relieved. "I'll switch my Card Counter to attack position. Now, Card Counters' ability activates! And I say you have one monster in your graveyard!"

"You are correct once again," replied Zaxla.

"That means Card Counter's attack points are kicked up a notch! To 2000, in fact!" smirked Jacob.

"I remember," replied Zaxla, calmly.

"Oh well," said Jacob. "Now I activate my spell card, Stacked Odds! Now, if I have more monsters in the graveyard than you, my monster's original attack points are doubled!" (Card Counter: 3000/0)

"Go, Counter!" cried Jacob. "Destroy Guardian Counterstrike!"

"No you don't," smiled Zaxla. "Whilst I have an equip spell face-up on the field, you may only attack my Steelworker of the Forge. (ATK: 500)"

"Whoa!" cried Hays. "He's giving up a lot to keep that Guardian on the field..."

"Doesn't matter!" cried Jacob triumphantly. "Go, Counter, attack Steelworker!"

Zaxla flinched, then fell to his knees, as a deck of cards ripped through him. (Zaxla: 100)

"Wow!" cried Hays, celebrating. "You're winning! Go, Jacob!"

"You're shocked?" replied Jacob, pleased.

"Urgh..." moaned Zaxla, picking himself off the ground. "I... still... have... life points..."

"My Card Counter switches to defense mode (Card Counter: 0), I lay a card face down, and then, I end my turn," finalized Jacob.

"Good!" cried Zaxla, his quiet, patient tone gone. "Now, I draw two for my Treasure!" He pulled two cards off his deck.

"Good!" he repeated, in a new, deeper voice. "I activate Guardian Soul. Now, when my life points are lower than yours, my Guardian gains attack and defense points equal to the difference! And currently, THAT is 2550!!!"

"No way!" cried Hays, staring in awe, as a white aura blinked and wisped around Guardian Counterstrike. (Guardian Counterstrike: 3150/4350)

"But Jacob's monsters' in defense mode," said Hays, puzzled.

"Perhaps you have overlooked my Sword of Devastation!" cried Zaxla, his voice sounding furious and angry. "Jacob takes damage even though his monster is in defense!"

"No way!" cried Hays. "But that means..."

"I win," smirked Zaxla. "Go, Guardian Counterstrike! Wipe out Jacob!"

Guardian Counterstrike nodded, leapt over Zaxla, clutched Sword of Devastation, and flew towards Jacob, took a wide swing, and hit with an impact that shook the entire street.

"Hah," sniggered Zaxla. "You should have known you were doomed."

But, as the smoke cleared, Jacob was still standing, grinning.

"Ever heard the expression, never count a gambler out?"

"I sure haven't," said Hays dubiously.

"Well, whatever," shrugged Jacob. "Either way, I just activated a trap, and its' called Gamblers' Debt. Now, I roll a die. My monster gains DEF points equal to the roll, and your monster loses attack equal to it as well!"

"But..." stuttered Hays. "You need to roll a... um..."

"Three," supplied Zaxla, watching the die spin, spin, spin... then clatter and fall to land on a....

"THREE!" cried Hays.

"I wouldn't be celebrating," said Zaxla smugly. "Your friend might survive... but he'll be paying a lot for it..."

"ARGH!" cried Jacob, as Guardian Counterstrike's sword slashed through Jacob, sending his Life Points careening to 100.

"Now," explained Zaxla, "I must pay half my life points to keep my Guardian Soul in play... ARGH!" he bellowed, as he fell to his knees, life points falling to 50.

Jacob looked on, then fell forwards himself, breathing heavily.

"Holy..." muttered Hays, wide-eyed. "They've both pushed each other to the limit..."

Eventually, both of them picked themselves off the ground, moaning and panting.

"I-I-I..." stuttered Zaxla. "I... end my... turn..."

"Good..." panted Jacob, picking up another card. "I activate... my... spell card... Its'... called... Gamblers' Future." Jacob shook his head, as if to eliminate the pain. His eyes refocused. "I get to toss a coin," he said. "If I call it right, I get to summon any monster I own to my field. If I call it wrong..."

"What?" asked Hays, anxious.

"All my monsters are destroyed," smiled Jacob wearily.

"What?!" cried Hays wildly.

Zaxla smirked. "You're... going to risk... all this... on a coin toss?"

"I've done it before!" replied Jacob, smile returning to his weary face. "So... I guess there's only one thing to do..."

"Ok," replied Zaxla.

"GO, COIN TOSS!" they cried in unison.

"Heads!" shouted Jacob. He clenched his fists and hoped...

"Tails..." thought Zaxla as he watched the coin fall to the ground.

"What is it?!" cried Hays, almost screaming. "WHAT IS IT!?"

"It's..." said Jacob hesitantly, as the coin clattered across the street, spun around once, and landed on...

"Its' heads," said Zaxla, resigned.

"It sure is!" cried Jacob, adrenaline revitalizing his body.

"Go ahead..." smiled Zaxla. "You've nothing that can beat me..."

"Hah!" cried Jacob. "Your Guardian Soul's effect means Counterstrike only has 650 points!"

"I'm not talking about Guardian Soul's effect," smirked Zaxla. "I'm talking about COUNTERSTRIKE'S effect! Whenever he deals damage to you, his attack points are doubled!!!"

"But that means..." cried Hays.

"THAT MEANS!" bellowed Zaxla. "THAT Guardian Counterstrike has 600, plus 2550 times two, plus an extra fifty from Guardian Soul! THAT'S A GRAND TOTAL OF 5750 ATTACK POINTS!"

"No way!" cried Jacob, staring up at the mighty Guardian. "But I still have one thing that can stop it..."

"Whatever it is, it won't help you," smirked Zaxla.

"She's not "it"," smiled Jacob. "She's a she. And what a she she is! Say hello..."

"What is it?" wondered Hays.

"To LADY LUCK!" bellowed Jacob.

A grand light appeared behind Jacob, as a ghastly pair of dice and a deck of playing cards appeared in smoke behind him, before giving way to a massive woman, whose face was comprised of the four Queens, and a pair of dice dangling from a necklace over her chest.

"Holy..." muttered Hays.

What does Lady Luck have in store for Zaxla? Can both of them go on? Will Guardian Counterstrike prove too much for Jacob to handle?! Find out next time, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

Sorry about the shortness, and the lateness. Much more in store. I've also started writing the bare duels, in case some people are having trouble understanding whats' happening. Basically, its' just the duel. No dialogue. It won't replace the fanfic, but it's just there in case people don't get it. Expect the first one (of the first duel, Jacob v Robert) with the next bit, which will be the last of this duel.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The duel has dragged on and is in the endgame. Both players are running low on life points and cards. Jacob has the mysterious Lady Luck by his side, whilst Zaxla has a behemoth Guardian Counterstrike with a huge 5750 ATK points! Can Jacob take it down? Read on and find out....

"Lady Luck!" cried Jacob, smirking as she took position behind him. (Lady Luck: 3000/2500)

"Pfft!" sniggered Zaxla, his calm nature evaporated. "She can't possibly defeat Counterstrike. If you tied all your hopes to her, you are doomed."

"Perhaps NOW," smiled Jacob. "But she has an impressive effect! In fact, she has three... But the first one, and the one you should worry about, is the Coin Calamity!"

Hays sniggered from the sidelines. Zaxla merely allowed another trace smile flicker across his pale face.

"You'd best wipe that smirk off," replied Jacob. "Because here's how it works. I toss heads, Lady Lucks' attack points are doubled. I toss tails, ALL of your monsters' attack points are doubled until the end of your turn."

"Hah!" thought Zaxla. "No matter what he does, he's doomed. My Guardian Force trap will make quite sure of that."

"Go, coin toss!" cried Jacob, as the coin spun around in the air, to reveal...

"Tails?!" cried Hays. "Jacob's doomed!"

"Oh well," shrugged Jacob. "Win some lose some. I set a card face-down and that'll do me."

"Grr..." growled Zaxla. "That face down card must be a trap. No competent duelist would leave a monster out there where he could lose the game..."

"DRAW!" bellowed Zaxla, swiping another card into his hand. "And I like it! I play the field spell, Guardian Sanctuary!"

Jacob looked around worriedly as a large wall surrounded them, a peaceful waterfall cascading into one corner, a weapon rack lying against the opposite wall.

Zaxla smiled. "It has many good effects," he said. "First off, Guardian monsters cannot be destroyed by trap cards!"

Jacob's looked in awe. "Thats' too powerful!" he cried.

"It gets better," grinned Zaxla. "I may add a Guardian monster or equipment spell card from my deck to my hand by discarding 1 card to the graveyard. So, I discard another Weapon Shifter, and I add my Shield of Celebration - Minoris to my hand!"

"But he would only do that..." guessed Hays.

"Now I will play my Shield of Celebration!" roared Zaxla. "And then I summon the same Guardian Minoris in attack position! (ATK: 350)"

"Why would he do that?" asked Hays, puzzled.

"Because, I'm activating his effect!" cried Zaxla. "I may tribute him to destroy one set card on your field! So your trap is gone!"

"Hah!" cried Jacob. "Its' a quickplay spell, known as Gamblers' Habit. I get to tribute one monster on my field, and all of your monsters with higher attack points cark it too!"

"And once again you have overlooked my Sword of Devastation!" smirked Zaxla. "So I discard my final card to the graveyard... and my Counterstrike is safe!"

"No way!" cried Jacob. "I'm totally open!"

"He's gotta have something!" cried Hays desperately.

"I don't..." said Jacob sadly.

"You would have been anyway..." smiled Zaxla. "Go, Counterstrike!" cried Zaxla wildly. "Sword of Devastation! Devastate Jacob!"

Jacob knelt down as the blade slashed through his chest, dropping his life points to zero.

"Good duel," said Zaxla quietly, as the holograms shimmered away as the image generators shut down in the duel disk. "You show promise."

"Thanks," said Jacob bitterly.

"Whats' wrong?" asked Zaxla, his totally calm, peaceful air returning.

"I lost a duel," cried Jacob, choking back tears. "Now I can't be in the Battle Royal!"

"I think you're mistaken," smiled Zaxla, as he motioned to Jacobs' duel disk: more precisely, the blue orb sticking out of it. Jacob stooped over it, and tried to read the miniscule writing that was flashing on it.

"Ummm..." read Jacob hesitantly. "Prac... practi... practice... du... something-l... duel! Umm... Practice duel... com... comple.... complete?"

He looked back up at Zaxla's unwavering smile. "Practice duel complete?" he asked, bewildered.

"Exactly," smiled Zaxla. "Everyone gets the first duel as a practice. So..." he laughed.

Jacob's eyes shone. "I can still be in the Battle Royal?"

"Sure," replied Zaxla. "If you can go and win duels."

"It's just..." muttered Jacob, "its' always been my dream to compete in a Prestige Tournament..."

Jacob looked up as Hays romped down and clapped him on the shoulder.

"Good game!" cried Hays.

"But-" started Jacob, before being cut off by Zaxla.

"You did well. Don't let a single loss get you down. You did well," said Zaxla encouragingly.

"Yeah," laughed Hays, patting Jacob on the back. "I just wonder what Malak and Zak have been doing..."

"I'm so bored," said Zak, lounging back on the picnic table.

"I bet I'm more bored," replied Malak lazily, lounging beside him.

"Oh shut up," replied Zak, smiling weakly.

"Yes indeed," said an unknown voice behind them. "Why don't you shut up, Malak?"

"Ah!" cried Malak in mock grandieur. "If it isn't my favourite two pro duelists. How did the off-season treat you two?"

Yeah, its' short. It's just a "bridge" chapter that wraps up the duel and introduces the next (main) chapter.

And, be honest, who expected Jacob to lose? I don't want this to evolve into a "one person always wins" regime, and ALL the characters will lose, at some point.

Coming soon (in production now) the CREATED CARD LIST of this fanfic! Just in case some cards don't make sense. Look out for it in the Written Card section around the time of the next chapter.

Chapter 4: Tag Trauma

"Shut it, Malak," scowled the girl.

"Now why on earth would I do that?" replied Malak leisurely.

"Because you're so annoying," piped up the other girl, standing next to them.

"Who are these clowns?" muttered Zak to Malak, obviously confused.

"Anita is the tall, blond one," replied Malak lowly, "and Lila is the shorter one."

"Blond, eh?" sneered Anita, obviously having overheard Malak talking.

"You are right," drawled Malak. "We should not distinguish people via their hair colour. It's totally wrong!"

"Shut UP!" cried Lila, annoyed.

"As you've said," sneered Malak. "Unless you want to duel, go away. I've no wish to talk to you... its' more frustrating than conversing with a brick wall..."

"Hiding behind your big words?" retorted Anita.

"I've no need to explain anything to you," said Malak simply. "Now go."

"I'd rather not," piped up Lila.

"I'm sure," groaned Malak. "Go away, or I'll have to get out a restraining order."

"Oh, so now I'M the annoying one?" laughed Anita. "Thats' rich."

"See, its' technically not bragging if I can back it up," boasted Malak.

"I'm sick of you," replied Anita disdainfully.

"Oooh, scary," mocked Zak.

"I know a way to finish this once and for all," said Lila, as she activated her duel disk.

"Yeah," replied Anita, activating hers as well.

"You're right," sighed Malak mockingly. "Defeating me in a two against one duel would SURELY prove your dominance." He rolled his eyes theatrically.

"Grr..." growled Anita.

"Whats' wrong?" taunted Lila. "Scared?"

"Not at all," replied Malak, glimmer in his eye. "In fact, I have just a thing."

"What is it?" asked Anita, eyes narrowing.

"Its' called the next-gen duel system," smiled Malak, Zak looking bemused. "Or NGDS, Mark 1."

"What's it do?" asked Lila, curious.

"It allows people to duel in a totally realistic, virtual environment," replied Malak. "It's a virtual world. Like the internet, almost... people can "get on" to it by utilizing a body suit, then, you may duel others at leisure."

"Sound pointless," sneered Anita. "We already have real life."

"Its' very, very different," smirked Malak. "Your monsters are real. Your life points are real. When you lose life points, you feel pain!" he cried, laughing.

"You're insane," said Anita coldly.

"Maybe," shrugged Malak. "But... I always was a realist. So!" he cried, commandingly. "Lets' test out this prototype, eh?"

"One second," scowled Anita, turning to whisper with Lila.

Malak walked back calmly and turned to face Zak.

"Dude," said Zak lowly, "you know the NDGS isn't working yet, right?"

"Indeed," smiled Malak. "But I know these two. They'll fall for the bluff."

"Oh yeah," said Zak. "How do you know them?"

Malak smiled. "We went to the same school," he said. "Happy?"

"Wait," whispered Zak urgently. "What're you going to do if they don't fall for it?"

"They will," smiled Malak. "I'm sure of it. Anita is paranoid, she'll think its' a trap. And Lila being her lapdog and all, I don't think she'll put up much of an argument."

Zak nodded. "You'd better be right," he whispered.

"I am," replied Malak. "Any second now she'll turn around and say..."

"No dice, Malak," said Anita, smile still present on her face.

"Told you," muttered Malak, smirk spreading back across his face as he turned to face Anita.

"And why not?" he said grandly. "Whats' wrong girls? Afraid of the future?"

"I'm not!" cried Lila, but Anita calmed her with a swift gesture.

"I'm not falling for your tricks, Malak," said Anita, clearly thinking she had defeated Malak's plan.

"Tut tut tut," replied Malak, mockingly. "I see now," he sighed. "You girls are just afraid of losing to me!"

"No way!" shouted Lila, protesting.

"Not to say I blame you," Malak turned, winking to Zak; he knew he was pushing the right buttons.

"You..." muttered Anita darkly.

"Me what?" taunted Malak.

"Whats' wrong girls?" chimed Zak. "Can't handle a little VR?"

"Grr..." growled Lila.

"This is how it works," said Malak, dropping the grandieur and adopting a much more businesslike tone. "You have two options. A), I go and spread nasty little rumors that a certain two girls could not handle a little VR, or B), since my friend here is so raring to go, HE gets to join in to make it a 2 on 2 tag duel."

"You coward!" cried Anita.

"Wait a second," said Malak, turning to Zak. "Do you know which to girls didn't accept my offer, Zak? Because I can't remember. Do you remember?"

Anita growled. "Fine," muttered Anita. "You have your tag duel."

"I knew you'd see things my way," smiled Malak.

All four activated their duel disks in unison.

"Time to duel!" cried Lila.

"Lets' do this," said Zak.

"Let's duel!" cried Anita furiously.

"This ought to be fun," smiled Malak.

"This is how it goes," explained Malak. "We have 4000 life points a team. If one player is open, you can attack directly. No tributing the opponents' monster. So lets' do this!"

"I'll begin," grunted Anita, as she pulled a card off her deck. "And I will begin with a field spell! Olympus Summit!"

Anita smirked, as clouds enveloped the field, a large temple materializing behind her, littered with statues and an altar.

"And now, when my Goddess monsters are attacked whilst in defense mode, they gain a hefty 500 little bonus!" she cried. "And when they attack, they gain the sum of 500 ATK points!"

"Great," yawned Malak. "Are you done yet?"

"Shut up," warned Lila.

"No!" cried Anita resoundingly. "I summon my Goddess of Life in defense mode, because due to her effect, I can play her in face up defense!" (Goddess of Life: 1000/1700)

"Nobody cares," replied Zak.

"Whatever, loser," retorted Anita. "I play a card face down, and end my turn."

"Lets' go!" cried Zak. "I'll set a monster and then a face-down. That'll do me."

"It's time to play!" shouted Lila, roughly, almost snatching the top card off her deck. "I play a spell card known as Spring of Rebirth!" Lila smiled as a hot springs appeared in front of her.

"And now I summon Maharagi!" she cried. "And his effect means that next turn, I get to flip the top of my deck... and I get to say whether to draw it or send it to the bottom of my deck!" (Maharagi: 1200/1700)

"So what?" leered Zak. "You'll be wide open after this turn!"

"So what?" replied Lila, steadfast. "I gain 500 Life Points, 'coz of my Spring!" (Lila + Anita: 4500)

"Hah!" laughed Malak. "You lot are pathetic. DRAW!" he cried, adding the top card of his deck to his hand. "And I'll begin with a little favourite, Snowbeast Vanguard!" (1000/1000)

"That thing's pathetic," sneered Anita.

"His effect isn't," replied Malak with a smile. "I get to summon yet another monster! And its' Snowbeast Blockader, in defense position! (200/1400)"

"Still pathetic," laughed Lila.

"I play three cards face-down, then end my turn," Malak smirked. "Ok, Anita. 'Dazzle' us with some 'skill'."

Anita growled. "He's so smug," she stewed. "I'd like the wipe that grin right off his face..."

"Draw!" she cried. Maybe this'll help, she pondered. "I summon Servant of the Goddesses in attack position!" (700/400)

Chapter end. Its' short. Sorry. The Created Card set is getting done a bit. And yes, the first look at a real card in the fanfic! Sorry it took so long as well. The tag duel is already fully planned.

"Pathetic," sniggered Zak.

"Perhaps NOW," laughed Anita. "But Servant of the Goddesses gains 700 attack for each Goddess on the field! (1400 ATK)"

"Still pathetic?" piped up Lila.

"Yes," laughed Zak.

"Grr..." growled Anita. "We'll see! Go, my Servant, attack Zaks' monster!"

"I activate my trap card!" cried Zak, as his face-down monster was shredded to pieces. "Its' known as Recycling Plant, and now when a Machine-type monster on my side of the field is destroyed, I can add a card with less attack points than it from my deck to my hand. So, since my face-down card was Techno-Droid Mark 1, which has 1000 attack points, I add my E-Heavy Tank from my deck to my hand."

"Hah!" laughed Anita. "That won't help you."

"But it'll help me!" cried Malak. "I have my own trap. It's named Political Uproar of the Snowbeast and it allows me to summon a level 4 or lower Snowbeast monster from my hand to the field. So I'll summon Snowbeast Beserker in attack position!" (1600/0)

"They just got another monster out," panicked Lila.

"Don't fret," replied Anita calmly. "I set one card face-down, then I end my turn."

"Just as well!" cried Zak. "I activate Overdrive Summon, now at the cost of 1000 life points, I get to summon twice this turn, BUT I can't sacrifice anything." (Zak + Malak: 3000)

"As long as its' worth it," said Malak.

"It will be," smiled Zak. "And I summon A-Rocketeer (1100/900) and E-Heavy Tank (900/1600)!"

"Yes!" cried Malak.

"They're both pathetic," sneered Anita.

"Sure, whatever you say," said Zak, smirking. "Because now I can fuse them, and I summon the new, improved model! AE-Rocket Destructor! (2250/1750)

"Pfft," sniggered Lila. "That's horrible."

"Maybe," smirked Zak. "But he has a nice effect. I discard two cards from my hand, and then I get to destroy all of your face-down spell or trap cards!"

"I activate a trap card!" cried Anita. "It's called Vow of Friendship, and while it's face-up I get to declare a monster and that's all you're allowed to attack, so I'll equip to it my Goddess of Life!" (1700 DEF)

"I counter my own," sneered Malak. "I activate my own trap card, Blizzard Force. All the other cards that I chain to this card are negated."

"I activate MY Counter trap!" replied Anita. "It's Godly Decree and it negates your trap card!"

"Whatever," taunted Zak. "Go, AE-Rocket Devastator, attack!"

"Hah," laughed Lila, as Goddess of Life was blown off the field. "We don't lose any Life Points."

"Doesn't matter," sniggered Zak. "I end my turn."

"Good!" cried Lila, as she pulled another card off her deck. "I get Maharagi's effect... I think I'll keep this. I activate the field spell, Tsukuyomi's Haunted House!"

Both Zak and Anita looked on in surprise as a haunted house appeared behind her, ghosts treading the grounds.

"Wait," asked Zak. "Shouldn't Olympus Summit be toast?"

"No," explained Malak. "In a tag duel you can have two fields spells up at once."

"Ok," said Zak. "Whats' it do?"

"When you attack," explained Lila, "I show you a card from my hand. SHOULD it be a Spirit monster, your attack is negated."

"Wow," nodded Zak. "That's pretty powerful."

"Yes it is," sneered Lila. "Now I summon Maharagi (1200/1700) again, and activate Spiritual Energy Settle Machine!"

"What?!" cried Anita, alarmed.

"Stew-pid," laughed Malak. "You're summoning a weak monster in attack mode, made your Spring and Tsukuyomi's Haunted House practically useless, and now you have to discard a card every turn? Thanks!"

"Yeah," smirked Zak.

"Now I activate my next spell card!" she cried, smiling. "It's called Call to the Spirit World, and now all the cards on the field are treated as Spirit monsters!"

"What on earth are you doing?!" whispered Anita, furious.

"You'll see," smirked Lila. "I activate my last spell! Spirit Recall!"

"Hah!" laughed Anita, realisation dawning in her mind.

"What?" asked Zak, confused.

"All Spirit monsters return to the hand," muttered Malak.

"But..." asked Zak. "Why did she summon Maharagi first?"

"You need to have a Spirit monster on your field to activate it," explained Malak.

"Yes indeed!" cried Lila. "But, due to my Spring, I gain 500 life points for each... and that's three of Malak's, one of Zak's, two of Anita's and one of mine." She laughed.

"Thats' 3500 Life Points!" protested Zak.

"Yes it is," sniggered Lila (Anita + Lila: 8000)

"But I still have one card, Spirit Mischief, which allows me to take a card out of anyone's graveyard and place it in my hand. All it costs me is 1000 life points..." (Lila + Anita: 7000)

"What card?" asked Zak.

"I'll take your Overdrive Summon!" cried Lila, as the card flew from Zak's graveyard into his hand. "And now I activate it, and now, at the cost of 1000 more Life Points, I get to summon again! (Lila + Anita: 6000)

"And I'll summon my Fushi No Tori to the field," continued Lila, smile still plastered over her face. (Fushi No Tori: 1200/0)

"Now he'll attack you directly!" she cried, pointing to Malak. Malak smirked as Fushi charged forwards, knocking him to the ground. (Zak + Malak: 1800)

"And remember," smiled Lila, "Fushi's effect means that I gain Life Points equal to the damage you just took! So I get 1200!" (Lila + Anita: 7200)

"Big mistake," smirked Malak. "When I take damage from battle, I can activate this little beauty. It's called Mustering of the Snowbeasts."

"So what?" smirked Anita.

"So," said Malak smugly, "I get to summon from my hand Snowbeasts that have less attack points than the damage I just got dealt! Bad thing is, they have to be in attack mode... And that's, if I can count, Snowbeast Vanguard (1000/1000), Snowbeast Blockader (200/1400), and Snowbeast Guardna (0/1800)! And, due to Vanguards' effect, I get to summon yet another monster, so come on out, Snowbeast Beserker! (1600/0)"

"How did he get so many monsters out?!" cried Anita, wide-eyed.

"I'm wondering myself," said Zak, goggling.

"You done?" smirked Malak.

"I discard a card for Settle Machine and end my turn," said Lila. There's not much more I can do, she thought worriedly.

"Great!" cried Malak brightly. "I'll begin by activating my face-down card, Pact of the Snowbeast. I can only activate this card when you have twice as many Life Points as me, and it allows me to draw 2 cards off my deck." He studied his hand.

"Whats' wrong?" taunted Anita. "Can't do anything?"

"Um," laughed Malak. "I've got the four monsters, and you've got the nothing. A totally blank field. So don't YOU be mocking ME."

"Heh," sniggered Anita.

"Oh yeah?" asked Malak. "We'll see about that."

Chapter End. Its' short but I decided I had to do something. Sorry about how late it was, I've been really busy IRL.

The duel is still early. Lila has Fushi No Tori (1200 ATK) out with Tsukuyomi's Haunted House and Spiritual Energy Settle Machine. Anita has 1 face-down, and no monsters, but an Olympus Summit field spell. Zak has nothing but Recycling Plant, and Malak has four monsters and 1 card face down, and its' him to move again...

"I'll begin by tributing my Snowbeast Vanguard and Beserker," sniggered Malak, "to summon my Snowbeast Brute, in attack mode!" (2200/1000)

"THAT'S it?" laughed Anita. "You traded two monsters for that thing?"

"You underestimate me," grinned Malak. "Now I sacrifice by Blockader and Guardna, and I get to play the immovable object, Snowbeast Defender, in defense mode!" (1000/2200)

"Another one?!" cackled Anita. "You're making this too easy, Malak!"

"So YOU say," said Malak smugly. "Now it's time for a change of scenery," he laughed. "I play the field spell, Himalaya!"

The Goddess' mountain crumbled as a series of jagged peaks ringed the field, snow driving on both sides.

"This field spell has a great effect," laughed Malak. "I am allowed to change the targets of your attacks, and, on top of that, all my Snowbeast monsters gain 200 attack and defense points! (Brute: 2400/1000)-(Defender: 1200/2400)

"Grr..." growled Anita.

"Now Brute, attack Fushi No Tori!" cried Malak, as Brutes' attack points swelled to 2800.

"What!?" yelled Lila. "Why'd his attack go up?!"

"Brute gains 100 attack points for each level of the monster he's attacking," explained Malak. "Wipe it out!"

Lila flinched as Brute's sword hacked through Fushi, as their life points dropped by 1600, falling to 5600.

"You done?" scowled Anita.

"Nope," said Malak. "I set a card and that'll do me."

"Draw time!" cried Anita. "I'll begin with my trap, Immortality of the Gods! Now, I get a monster from the graveyard, and its' equipped with this. When either card dies, the other goes along with it!"

"Greaaat," smiled Zak. "Bring it back, then."

"I will," sneered Anita. "I summon my Goddess of Life, in attack position! (1000/1700)

"And thats' doing... what now?" asked Malak.

"I'll set one card face-down and end my turn," said Anita, ignoring Malak. Malak shrugged.

"Draw time for me also!" cried Zak. "I activate Rearmament! Now at the cost of half our life points (Malak + Zak: 900) I get a spell card from my grave to my hand. And its' Overdrive Summon!"

"But that requires 1000 life points to use!" objected Lila. "What on earth are you going to do with it?"

"You tell me," laughed Zak. "First of all, I summon my I-Interceptor Fighter in attack position (600/1200)."

"That's hopelesss!" laughed Anita.

"So you say," replied Malak. "But I activate a trap card, and its' known as Zero-Point Strategy. Now, whenever either of us lose life points, the other team gains an equal amount!"

"And the best part is," finished Zak, "is that I-Intercepter can attack you directly! Go, Interceptor!"

"Argh!" groaned Lila, as the fighter plane shot a round of bullets into her. (Lila + Anita: 5000)

"And," smiled Malak, "we gain 600 life points!" (Zak + Malak: 1500)

"You remember that Overdrive Summon, right?" said Zak. "Well, now I'm activating it! At the cost of 1000 more life points, I get another summon this turn. So I'll summon G-Giant Bombadier in attack position! (1600/1200)"

"That still can't kill anything," said Lila.

"And," added Anita, "due to your Zero-Point Strategy, when that loser paid 1000 life points, we gained 1000 too! (Lila + Anita: 6000)

"Well, now its' time for some fusion action!" cried Zak. "Its' time to trade up! I send my G-Giant Bombadier and I-Interceptor Fighter to summon this! GI-Stealth Bomber! (1500/1900)"

Anita laughed. "More pointless junk," she said smugly.

"I'll set a card face-down and pass to you," replied Zak, faint smile plastered on his face.

"Which means it is MY turn!" cried Lila. "And I'll play one face-down monster card, and thats' it."

"But you have no hand," laughed Malak. "So Settle Machine is destroyed!"

"Exactly!" retorted Lila. "Now Fushi No Tori returns to my hand, and I gain 500 more life points!" (Lila + Anita: 6500)

"You still have no hand," sneered Malak. "I draw! And now I'll play Snowbeast Elder in attack position!" (600/900)

"So what?" said Lila, attempting - and failing - to sound nonchalant.

"So, I get 1 trap card from my grave," replied Malak. "So, I'll be taking my Political Uproar of the Snowbeast, and now I'll set one card face-down."

"Hmmm," muttered Lila to herself. "That'll be that Political Uproar card."

"Go, Brute!" cried Malak. "Attack Goddess of Life!" Malak laughed again as Brutes' attack points bounced up to 2800 again.

Anita flinched as a cloud of dust hovered over the field. "You fool, Malak," she sneered. "I activated my trap card, Doom of the Mortals. Now your attack is reflected right back at your Elder... so I guess we win."

Anita smirked as the cloud of smoke settled...

"What?!" she bellowed, wide-eyed. "You're still alive!"

"Indeed I am," said Malak, raising an eyebrow. "You always were very perceptive. I activated my spell card from my hand, its' known as Snowfalling Sword and it only can be activated when I declare an attack, and you counter."

"Whats' it do?" shot Lila.

"It negates the card for 1 turn..." Malak laughed softly. "Oh wait... thats' only how long it lasts. I guess it's destroyed then."

Anita looked on in horror as her trap card shattered, a sword piercing through it.

"And best of all," said Malak, "Brute's still waiting to attack."

Anita shielded her eyes as Brute decimated Goddess of Life, sending their life points back down to 4700.

"And that means, due to my Zero-Point Strategy, we gain 1800 life points!" cried Zak, as their life points were boosted to 3300.

"Guess things are a little more even now," laughed Malak. "I set one card face-down and end my turn."

"That means its' my go!" cried Anita, slowly getting more and more concerned. She had nothing on the field, and Lila's defense wasn't too solid either. "Draw!" she bellowed. She smiled.

"The Gods favor me today!" she declared. "I play Deal with the Underworld! Now, I can summon a monster from my hand without tribute. But, I then have to pay 300 life points for each level of the monster I'm summoning."

"That means we'll gain more life points!" cried Zak.

"No," sniggered Lila. "I activate Spiritual Seal. Now all face-up cards that would make you gain life points are destroyed!"

Malak simply smiled as his trap was shredded. "Wow," he said drily. "That did a lot."

"It'll matter NOW!" cried Anita. "I summon Calmaia, the Blue Goddess of Peace!" (1000/2500)

"And although it'll cost me 2400 life points," she smirked (Lila + Anita: 2300) "she will be your demise."

"I'm sure," sniggered Zak.

"I activate her effect," said Anita. "By skipping my battle phase, I can skip the battle phase of one other player, and I choose Malak!"

"And I that much of a threat, Anita?" laughed Malak.

"Grr..." growled Anita. "I play 1 face-down and my turn is done."

"Good," replied Zak. "That means it's my turn. And what a turn it will be! I activate a spell card called Recycled Fusion. Now, by removing from play monsters from my hand, side of the field, or graveyard, I get to summon a fusion monster next turn! So I'll remove the A-Rocketeer and B-Assault Tank in my graveyard, along with the C-Turboslider in my hand, and next turn, I'll be getting a new surprise..."

"Boring," yawned Lila.

"Now I'll activate the effect of my GI-Stealth Bomber!" cried Zak. "He can attack you directly! Go, Stealth Bomber!"

Lila and Anita panted heavily as shells rained down on them, tearing the field to virtual shreds. (Lila + Anita: 800)

"I'll set one card face-down and end my turn," smiled Zak.

"Awesome," cried Lila, as she pulled a card off her deck. "I pass," she said.

"Not so awesome," sniggered Malak. "I'll switch Elder to defensive mode, set one card face-down and end my turn... seeing as how I can't attack."

"I draw!" cried Anita, trying to pump herself up. "And now, the duel will end..." She laughed long and hard, laughing like a lunatic.

"She's lost it," muttered Zak.

"No, but YOU'VE lost this duel!" she cried furiously. "I tribute my Calmaia to summon THIS! Furie, the Dark Goddess of Devastation! (3200/0)"

"Seeing as how I only summoned her with one tribute, and she normally requires two, she loses 1000 attack points," sneered Anita. (Furie: 2200/0) "But that's still more than enough to defeat you."

"I... don't get it," said Zak.

"By paying half my life points," laughed Anita, "I get to attack all of your monsters!" (Lila + Anita: 400)

"Um, problem?" asked Lila, timid at the new enraged Anita. "Most of their monsters are in defense mode..."

"Not for long," sniggered Anita. "I activate my trap, Godly Strategy! Now all of your monsters are turned to attack mode!" (Defender: ATK = 1200) (Brute: ATK = 2200) (GI-Stealth Bomber: ATK = 1500) (Elder: ATK = 600)

"But thats'... umm..." calculated Zak.

"Its' 3500 damage total," supplied Malak, licking his lips nervously.

"But... that's all our life points!" said Zak, wide-eyed.

"Exactly," sneered Anita. "You lose."

All four flinched as an impact as powerful as a bomb shook the ground. Anita and Lila looked on expectantly as the dust cleared...

Malak was still standing there, panting, a monster card raised in front of him.

"What happened!" protested Lila.

"You should be dead!" raged Anita.

"In...deed..." panted Malak, their Life Points at a measly 800. "But... I... discarded... a card from my... hand... known as Snowbeast Sentry. When you attacked GI-Stealth Bomber, I activated his..." he coughed violently, "effect... By discarding him, for the... duration of one battle, we... take no damage."

"What!?" cried Anita.

"Its' all perfectly legal," said Malak calmly. "End your turn."

"I lay one face-down card and end my turn," said Anita scathingly, her face a mask of ill-concealed anger and frustration. Damn Malak! she bellowed in the deep recesses of her mind. I SHOULD HAVE WON!

"My turn!" cried Zak, who was himself feeling no fatigue of the battle, as it was only Malaks' monsters destroyed. "And that means... my Recycled Fusion activates... so say hello to ABC-Dread Destruction Tank! (2400/2100)

"And because you're open, I can attack Anita directly! Go, Dread Tank! Win this duel!"

Anita looked on in rage as she activated her set trap. "I activate my set trap!" she bellowed wildly. "And guess what! It's Holy Retribution! And it destroys all the monsters on the field, then inflicts damage to all of us equal to the total attack points of the destroyed monsters! So it's tied!"

Zak laughed. "Wrong," he laughed. "I activate the effect of my ABC-Dread Destruction Tank! NOW, by discarding a card from my hand to the grave, your card is negated... but so is my attack..."

"Fine by me," sniggered Anita.

"I set 1 card face-down and end my turn," finished Zak.

Can Zak and Malak hold on? Can Anita and Lila seize the chance to attack while Malak is open? WILL DARKGUY00000 PUT ANOTHER CHAPTER UP THIS MONTH? Tune in next time, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

The duel is nearing the conclusion. Lila and Anita trail with only 400 life points, but Zak and Malak aren't doing much better, with 800. Zak has the behemoth ABC-Dread Destruction Tank out, with 2400 attack points and the ability to destroy all in its' way. Anita has the deadly Furie (2200 ATK) which can attack all the monsters on the opponents' side of the field in one turn! But Malak is wide open, and its' Lila's turn...

"Time to end this!" cried Lila, drawing her card. "And this should do it! Go, my Susa Soldier! (ATK: 2000)"

Malak coughed. Zak looked at him, alarmed.

"Go, Susa Soldier!" she cried. "End this duel!"

"Go, tr..." Malak coughed. "Trap card! Its' my Glacier quickplay spell card, so nobody can attack until the end of my next turn..."

"Lucky," retorted Lila. "Susa Soldier returns to my hand, so we gain 500 life points (Lila + Anita: 900). So I set 1 face-down and end my turn."

"Good," sneezed Malak, as he picked up his top card. "I'll activate my Ressurection Ritual of the Snowbeast, so I get to add a Snowbeast from my grave back to my hand... and I've chosen add Snowbeast Defender."

"You have nothing to tribute," laughed Anita nastily.

"Good," replied Malak. "Because I really don't plan on summoning him. I activate my spell, Freezing Fusion! Now, I send my Snowbeast Defender, and my Snowbeast Commander from my hand, and now I get... the perfect shield... Snowbeast DEFENSE GENERAL! (0/3000, boosted to 200/3200)"

"Wow..." said Lila in awe, "that's a whole lot of defense points."

"They're going to get bigger," replied Malak coolly. "When he's attacked, he gains 200 defense points for each level of the monster who attacks it."

"Wow," nodded Lila, wide-eyed.

"Cut it out," hissed Anita scathingly.

"I end my turn," finished Malak weakly, going back into another violent spasm of coughing.

"My go, then!" cried Anita. "Snowbeast Defense General will be destroyed! I activate my Ring of Foolish Offense equipment spell card!"

"What?" asked Zak.

"Defense General is turned to attack position!" smirked Anita. (Defense General: 200 ATK)

"But that means..." thought Lila.

"Go, Furie!" bellowed Anita. "Win this duel! Raging Retribution!"

"I activate the ability of my Defense General," replied Malak. "By allowing you to draw a card, I can negate one attack a turn."

Anita muttered wildly under her breath as she drew another card, looking at it in awe. "I activate Olympian Outcast! Now I discard a card from my hand... and all monsters with attack points lower than it are immediately destroyed!"

She laughed evilly as she showed...

"It's Goddess Burani, the Red Goddess of Flames," she laughed again. "And she has 2600 attack points! That means both of your monsters are destroyed!"

"You've overlooked my Recycling Plant trap card," smiled Zak, pointing to his unnoticed trap card. "And since ABC-Dread Destruction Tank has 2400 attack points... I'll add my Alpha-Tech Juggernaught from my deck to my hand!"

"I end my turn with another face-down," sneered Anita.

"Good!" replied Zak. 'I've got everything I need to win,' he thought, smirking.

"I begin by playing Scrapheap Fusion!" he cried. "Now I can conduct a fusion of monster that have been removed from play, as long as they are machines! But I don't think that's much of a problem!"

Anita laughed internally. 'His ABC-Dread Destruction Tank will fall to my Goddess...'

"But all of my monsters that I used are put face-up in my deck, and, should I draw them, I take 1000 life points damage!" he cried. "But that won't be happening, because I'm winning this turn! And now, because of my Scrapheap Fusion, say hello to your old friend, ABC-Dread Destruction Tank!" (2400/2100)

"I fail to see how you are winning," said Anita smugly.

"I will be," smirked Zak. "I activate my spell card, Pending Reinforcements! Now I send any number of monsters from my deck to my graveyard! And I've said goodbye to A-Rocketeer, B-Heavy Tank, C-Turboslider, D-Gatling Gunner, F-Artilleryman, and H-Homing Fighter!"

"Why on earth...?" said Lila, brow furrowed.

Malak half-laughed to himself. "If he has that card..."

"And now, this will finish this duel for good!" he cried. "I activate my Assembly Line ritual spell card! And now, I get to summon the most powerful monster in my deck... go, Alpha-Tech Juggernaught! (0/0)"

"Wait..." cried Lila. "It doesn't have a single attack or defense point!"

"Exactly," laughed Zak. "Now, I get to remove from play any number of Machine-type monsters in my graveyard... and for each my Juggernaught gains 500 ATK points!"

"But!" objected Anita. "You have... like..."

"I have..." laughed Zak... "A-Rocketeer, B-Assault Tank, C-Turboslider, AE-Rocket Devastator, D-Gatling Gunner, E-Heavy Tank, F-Artilleryman, G-Giant Bombadier, H-Homing Fighter, I-Interceptor Fighter, and finally GI-Stealth Bomber! Thats' 11 monsters, for a grand total of 5500 attack points!" (Alpha-Tech Juggernaught: 5500/5500)

Anita and Lila looked on in awe as the pieces of the eleven machines reassembled to create a massive... thing. With lots and lots of weapons, in lots of places.

"But..." smiled Zak, "I have yet one card... It's called Reassemble the Weapons! And now I tribute a monster on my side of the field, and I get an equipment spell card from my deck! So I trade in my Juggernaught... and now, I get this! AT-Juggernaught Superlaser CANNON!"

"Whats' it do?" gulped Lila, Anita looking on, her jaw set.

"I equip it to a monster on my side of the field, like ABC-Dread Destruction Tank..." laughed Zak, "and now, when it attacks, your monster is immediately destroyed and you take damage equal to its' original attack points! So, go my Tank! Win this duel!"

All four looked on, in varying states, from shock, interest, glee and fear, as the superlaser charged up, and released its' payload towards Anita and Lila...

"Activate trap card!" cried Anita. "The Scales of Justice! Now you take the same amount of damage that we would take, so the duels' a draw!"

The huge orb of power halted in front of Anita, and retreated before exploding violently between all four of them, rattling the very foundation of the arena. A massive dustcloud veiled the arena; nobody able to see what had occured...

Anita smirked as the dust thinned. "So much for your superiority, Malak," she sniggered.

"I wouldn't be," coughed Malak, "talking if I was you."

"Hah!" laughed Anita.

"You just watch..."

Anita goggled as the cloud cleared, revealing a card, activated, in front of Malak.

"What?!" protested Lila.

"I'd like to know myself," muttered Anita grimly.

"It's a lovely trap card I'm in possession of known as Driving Blizzard," smiled Malak. "Now, in exchange for discarding a card from my deck, I get to lower the damage we would have taken by 100." Malak smiled as he calmly counted cards out. "Your monsters' original attack is 3200, right? So in exchange for 25 cards from my deck..." Malak showed up, not a portion of his deck, but ALL of it, "we only take 700 damage. Too bad I can't say the same for you." (Malak + Zak: 100)

"It's over!" cried Zak triumphantly.

"NO!" bellowed Lila. "I have one card! Its' Embrace of the Spirit World... and we all must discard 3 cards off our decks! But since Malak can't do that, we win!"

"Not so," replied Malak. "I have one final trap card... Judgement of the Snowbeast Courts. Now, at the cost of half my life points... (Zak + Malak: 50), I can negate your card. So... it is I who is victorious."

"What?!" cried Lila and Anita simultaniously.

"How... did we lose?" despaired Anita, as their life point counter fell to zero.

"Thats' just what you get," replied Malak coolly. "So, I guess we settled this once and for all, eh?"

"Not so, Malak," drawled Anita. "I will defeat you."

"As they say," piped up Lila, "revenge is a dish best served cold."

"I'll see you later, loser," sneered Anita, deactivating her duel disk and stalking away, Lila tottering after her.

"And they call me the loser," said Malak, turning to face Zak. He calmly extracted his deck from his graveyard and allowed it to deactivate.

"That was too close, bro," said Zak, wiping the sweat off his brow.

"That combo you pulled to get out Alpha-Tech was awesome," smiled Malak.

Zak's face lit up. Malak wasn't usually the complimenting type. "Wouldn't have mattered if you didn't have that trap card," he said.

"Probably," admitted Malak. "I wonder what happened to the rookie and Hays."

"Dunno," shrugged Zak.

"I've a feeling we'll find out soon," said Malak wistfully.

"Dude?" asked Zak, glancing sideways at his friend. "When did you get all philosphical and stuff?"

"I didn't," said Malak calmly. "I just have good eyesight. Hey, Hays!" he cried, waving to the advancing figure, three more people trailing behind him.

Another bridge chapter.

Ok, I've indented this down the page and all, and now I'm asking anyone who reads this for a favour. I want someone to create a character (and a deck, don't have to be created, can be anime or Japanese or the like), for use in the third arc of this story (yes, I've already planned that far ahead. Seriously.). Preferably a neutral or an ally, not a villain.

Also I'm asking for requests for who you'd like to see duel. And, if you're wondering (out of all 1 or 2 people who read this on a day-to-day, or more fittingly week-to-week or fortnight-to-fortnight basis), yes, Hays WILL be duelling within 1 or 2 episodes.

So, just PM me, I don't want to clutter up this thread.

Chapter 5: Double Trouble!

"Hey, buddy," said Malak, high-fiving Hays.

"What you guys been doing?" asked Hays, turning to face Zak, lounging on a picnic table.

"Tag duel against Anita and Lila," sighed Malak.

Hays laughed. "They just want the attention," he said dismissively.

"I know," smiled Zak.

Jacob, meanwhile, felt cut out of the loop. "Who're Anita and Lila?" he asked.

"Pair of losers me and Malak used to go to school with," explained Hays.

"'Losers' is a bit of an understatement," laughed Zak.

"What were you three doing?" asked Malak.

"Jacob was duelling Zaxla," said Hays, excitedly.

"Zaxla's not that great," replied Malak airily.

"Have you won a Prestige Tournament?" shot back Jacob.

"No, but I got a good feelin' this year," said Zak, leaving Malak stranded mid-retort.

"You lost?" asked Malak knowingly.

"Wha... how did you know?" accused Jacob.

"I can tell," replied Malak, attempting and failing to incorporate an air of mystery into his voice.

"You're stupid," shrugged Hays. "So what, he lost. He's still better than you are."

"Yeah, well at least I'm not afraid of dueling because I'll lose," smirked Malak.

"That is not true!" retorted Hays, starting to go red.

"For once... I'm inclined to agree with the idiot," sneered a voice behind Hays.

Malak didn't even turn around. "If you're here to insult me and randomly abuse my friends, you'll need to take a ticket in get in line."

"Why, when I'm right here now?" sneered the voice again.

"Listen, Egyap, I'm in no mood for this," snapped Malak, turning towards the girl behind him.

"Someone missed their naptime," laughed the boy next to her.

"And someone wasn't in line when they handed out brains... or individuality, for that matter," sneered Malak.

"Who are these losers?" asked Zak coldly.

"The girl is Egyap Azzap, and the guy is Jake Mahadi," explained Malak, before turning back to the duo. "What do you want?" he said viciously.

"What do you think?" replied Jake, raising his arm as his duel disk activated. "A duel. I want to get into this Battle Royal just as much as you lot do."

"Same here," replied Egyap shortly, raising her own duel disk.

"I've no problem obliging your request," sneered Malak as he began to stand up.

"No," laughed Egyap softly and darkly. "I want a duel with your little friend there!" she cried malevolently as she pointed dramatically to Jacob.

"No problem," retorted Jacob, standing hurriedly and activating his duel disk. "Time to duel!"

Jake laughed as Jacob slotted his deck into his disk. "I want a duel too," he declared.

"Good for you," replied Malak darkly.

"And I'm going to be duelling your friend here!" he laughed as he pointed meaningfully at Hays.

Hays gulped. "No... no tha... thanks," he stuttered.

"What's wrong?" baited Jake. "Scared?"

Hays began turning red. "No way!" he cried.

"Then whats' the problem?" asked Jake, as he carefully extracted his deck from his pocket and placed it into his duel disk.

"Grr..." muttered Hays. "Ok then," he gave up.

"Time to do this!" cried Jacob.

"I guess so..." muttered Hays uncertainly.

"This'll be easy," sneered Egyap.

"I guess this is it," thought Jake calmly.

"DUEL!" cried all four in unison.

"I'll start," began Egyap bossily. "And it'll be a great start! I summon Cosmic Warrior - Water to my side of the field in attack mode!" (1000/1000)

"That all?" blinked Jacob.

"Not really," sneered Egyap. "I'll set two cards face-down and that ends my first turn. I guess I'd better give you a chance."

"You'll regret it, though!" cried Jacob, happy to be duelling again.

"I'll set one monster face-down and that'll finish my turn!" he cried.

"Good," laughed Egyap. "Because the Cosmic Warriors will be your doom!"

"Good luck," greeted Jake. "I'll begin," he said, drawing. "I'll set one monster in face-down defense position, and set one face-down card. Then I'll pass to you."

Hays gulped as he drew his card. "Ummm..." he panicked in his head. He had no idea what his face-down cards were! What was he going to do...

"I'll summon the Thief of Time in attack mode," said Hays nervously. (Thief of Time: 1300/1200) "Now, if he destroys a monster on your side of the field, you lose your Battle Phase. So, I'll get him to attack your face-down monster!"

Jake smiled as his monster was destroyed. "It was my Fallen Angel - Napeliel. And now, due to her effect, I am allowed to draw 2 cards." Jake smiled faintly as he drew his cards. "Thanks," he laughed.

Hays beat himself up mentally. Its' my first turn and I already screwed up, he despaired.

"Unfortunately, I do lose my battle phase..." mused Jake.

"Cosmic Warriors?" blinked Jacob.

"Yes," sniggered Egyap. "You'll see soon enough."

"Fine by me," replied Jacob. "I summon my Beserker Warrior of the Cards in attack mode (2000/2000)."

Egyap simply smiled. "You're a gambler?" she sneered. "Pathetic."

"We'll see," replied Jacob simply, as a virtual deck shuffled over Beserker Warrior's head. "See, when my Beserker Warrior is summoned, I draw a card from my virtual deck, and he loses attack equal to the draw!"

Egyap rolled her eyes. "Wow," she said dryly.

The deck shuffled and dealt a four. "Hah!" laughed Jacob. "Now my Beserker Warrior has 1600 attack points, more than enough to destroy your monster! Go, Beserker!"

Egyap smiled as the warrior charged towards her. "I activate my Pressure Slip trap card," she said calmly, smirk still present across her face. "Now, at a cost of 700 life points, I get to force the activation of a face-down card on the field!" (Egyap: 3300)

"But I don't have one!" objected Jacob.

"I'm activating MY face-down," laughed Egyap. "Cosmic Shield! Now, my monster is not destroyed as a result of battle!"

"You still take damage!" reminded Jacob happily.

Egyap smirked. "Its' worth it," she said, as her life points dropped to 2700.

"I set a card face-down and end my turn," said Jacob.

"Time for my turn!" cried Jake. "I'll summon my Fallen Angel - Enataar LV3 in attack position! (1200/1000)"

"You can't attack," said Hays, trying to reassure himself.

"I wasn't planning on doing that," he laughed. "I activate my spell, Incubator! Now I remove from my hand my Fallen Angel - Spectral, and in three turns, she'll be back..."

Hays gulped. "This can't be good..."

"Now I end my turn, so Fallen Angel Enataar levels up! To LV 5! So say hi to Fallen Angel - Enataar LV5! (2400/1800)"

Hays looked at the dark angel. This could be a problem, he pondered.

"M... me... my tu... my turn!" stuttered Hays, as he drew his card.

Can Hays overcome his underconfidence to emerge victorious? Will Jacobs' Gamblers prove too good for the mysterious Cosmic Warriors? Will Jakes' Fallen Angels be the fall of Hays? Find out next time, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

Thanks to Elsandero, who created the character Jake Mahadi, along with his cards.

Egyap: 2700

Jacob: 4000

Hays: 4000

Jake: 4000

"My turn!" cried Hays and Egyap together, as they drew their cards.

"Now, because it's my Standby Phase, the effect of my Cosmic Warrior - Water activates," laughed Egyap. "And its' effect means you select and discard one card from your hand to the graveyard!"

"No way!" cried Jacob.

"Yes way," laughed Egyap.

"Fine," grumbled Jacob, placing Gamblers' Debt in the graveyard.

"And its' still my turn! So, I'll activate my Call from the Cosmos spell card! Now, at the cost of 1000 life points," (Egyap: 1700) "I get to summon two more Cosmic Warriors in attack mode from my deck! So come on out, Cosmic Warrior - Earth, and Cosmic Warrior - Wind!" (Both 1000/1000)

Jacob goggled. "You alright giving up your Life Points like that?" he asked.

"I am," she laughed darkly, "but you won't be. Since I still haven't summoned, I'll summon my Cosmic Warrior - Fire to the field! (1000/1000)"

Jacob laughed. "You've assembled an army of four useless monsters."

"We'll see," smirked Egyap.

"Time to go!" cried Hays. "Now I activate Drain Time! Now, I get to choose one phase of our turn, and then, neither of us can enter it! And I choose the Standby Phase! So now, your Incubator spell is totally useless!"

Jake growled. Hays starting feeling just a LITTLE more reassured. "Now I'll switch Thief of Time to defensive mode (DEF: 1200) and set one card face-down... and that ends my turn."

"Draw!" cried Jake, bitter at his plan foiled. "I'll summon Fallen Angel - Rachiel to my field! (2000/100) Now, by discarding a spell from my hand, I can summon a monster from my deck. So I'll be discarding another Incubator, and I'll summon my Fallen Angel - Emehorael in attack mode! (1600/1600)"

Hays groaned. Not more of them...

"Yes!" cried Jake. "And THIS turn, I still have a battle phase! Go, Fallen Angel - Emehorael! Destroy Thief of Time!"

Hays shielded his eyes. "I activate Time Barrier!" he cried. "Now it is the End Phase of your turn!"

Jake smiled. "It's been one turn since Fallen Angel - Enataar LV 5 took the field... so in two more, she'll hit you with another surprise..."

"It's my turn!" cried Jacob, staring down the four monsters on Egyap's field.

"Nothing will help," said Egyap confidently.

"You sure?" asked Jacob. "I'll activate my Fusion of Fate! And I'll fuse three Destroyers of the Dice in my hand to summon... the ultimate dice king, Triple-Six, the Devil's Dicemaster!" (????/????)

"Pfft," laughed Egyap. "What a waste."

"We'll see," laughed Jacob. "I roll three dice, and then the grand total, multiplied by 300, and THAT is my Dicemasters' attack points!"

Three dice rolled over Devil Dicemaster, clattering to reveal a three, five and two.

"Oh yeah!" cried Jacob, pumping his fist. "That's ten total, for a grand sum of 3000 attack points!" (Triple-Six, the Devil's Dicemaster: 3000/3000)

Egyap merely smiled. "Won't help."

"We'll see," laughed Jacob. "Go, Triple-Six! Destroy Cosmic Warrior Water!"

Egyap flinched as a set of explosive dice wiped Cosmic Warrior - Water off the field, and her life points dropped to 700.

"Go, Beserker Warrior!" continued Jacob, adrenaline coursing through his brain. "Destroy Cosmic Warrior Fire!"

Egyap clutched her heart as Cosmic Warrior - Fire was disintegrated, and her life points fell to a measly 100.

"You've barely any life points left!" cried Jacob in glee.

"It doesn't matter!" cried Egyap. "I activate my trap, Cosmic Recall! Now all my Cosmic Warriors return to me, at the cost of half my life points!" (Egyap: 50)

Jacob looked at Egyap as though she was crazy. "You're just continuing to pay life points over and over!"

"You'll see, soon enough!" cried Egyap gleefully.

"I play one face-down, and then I end my turn," replied Jacob doubtfully.

"That's what I wanted!" cried Egyap malevolently. "I draw a card, and that means the effects of all four of my Cosmic Warriors kick in! First, Cosmic Warrior - Water means you have to discard a card!"

Jacob smiled grimly as he put his only card, Knave of Spades into the graveyard.

"Then, Cosmic Warrior - Fire takes 500 life points off you!" (Jacob: 3500)

"Then," smirked Egyap, "Cosmic Warrior - Earth, means your set spell-trap is destroyed!"

Jacob looked on in gleee, as his face-down card was destroyed. "It was Gamblers' Savings," he smiled. "When it's destroyed, I gain 1000 life points!" (Jacob: 5000)

"Good for you," sneered Egyap, "because Cosmic Warrior - Wind's effect returns one card on your field to your hand! But since fusion monsters CAN'T go back to the hand... its' returned to your deck instead!"

"What?!" screeched Jacob. "I'm totally open!"

"Exactly!" sneered Egyap. "Go, my Cosmic Warriors! Elemental Assault!"

Jacob fell to his knees as the four Cosmic Warriors' swords slashed through him, felling 4000 of his life points in a single blow. (Jacob: 1000)

"I'll set one face-down and end my turn," laughed Egyap. "Looking a bit more even NOW, isn't it?"

"That means it's my turn!" cried Hays, worried. He had nothing but Drain Time on the field, while Jake had three monsters, and a - as of now - useless Incubator spell.

"Draw!" cried Hays, attempting to focus, trying to eradicate his uncontrollable nerves. "I'll summon my Timehole Warrior, in attack position!" he cried (0/0). "And his effect means, the turn he's summoned, you lose your Draw Phase! Now I'll activate my field spell, The Procrasti-Nation!"

Jake looked around, face remaining neutral, as millions upon millions of clocks surrounded the field.

Hays had a weak smile on his face. "You know what this does?"

"I can quite honestly say I have no idea," said Jake, nodding and surveying his surroundings.

"Well, this card allows me to skip one of your phases, but then you get to have to repeat one other phase!" cried Hays.

"So?" asked Jake casually. "What'll it be?"

"I'll skip your Battle Phase, and let you have two End Phases!" cried Hays triumphantly.

"Fine by me," laughed Jake.

"I'll set a card face-down and end my turn," finished Hays, smile just present on his lips.

"My turn!" cried Jake, getting slightly annoyed by the fact that he couldn't enter half his phases. He groaned.

"I can't summon, since I can't attack, I'll have to end my turn," he said, looking directly into Hays' eyes. "And since, due to your field spell, my Fallen Angel - Enataar LV 5 has been on the field for, technically, 3 end phases, I can trade her in... for the ultimate! The almighty! The Fallen Angel - Enataar LV 7!

Hays gulped as the behemoth dark angel took to the field. "I'm in trouble..." he muttered.

Egyap's Cosmic Warriors have decimated Jacob's strongest monster, and relieved him of 4000 life points in a single turn! Meanwhile, Hays has problems of his own: Jake has the mammoth Fallen Angel - Enataar LV 7 on the field. Can either of them fight back?

Jake: 4000

Hays: 4000

Egyap: 50

Jacob: 1000

"My turn!" cried Hays and Jacob as one.

"Time to turn this around!" barked Jacob. "I play this face-down... and I guess I've got nothing more, so I'll end my turn."

"Hah!" cried Egyap in glee. "You'll lose this turn! I draw, and I activate the effects of my Cosmic Warriors! So, due to Fire, you lose 500 Life Points!"

Jacob panted slightly as his life points fell to 500.

"And Earth destroys your face-down trap!" roared Egyap triumphantly. "So, I guess I've won!"

"Not quite," smirked Jacob, as his face-down card was activated. "It's my Gambler's Insurance spell," he laughed, as the card shattered into thousands of pixels. "So now I take no damage until the end of my next turn."

"Grr..." growled Egyap. "I'll be switching my Cosmic Warriors into defense mode and set one card face-down." She smirked. "Take your last turn, loser."

Hays gulped. "I need a good draw here..."

"Nothing in your deck can stop me," laughed Jake.

"I CAN activate my Procrasti-Nations' effect," replied Hays shakily. "I'll skip your Battle Phase by letting you have your Main Phase twice..."

Jake sniggered, Hays looked at him, heart pounding. "I hope I didn't just screw up," he muttered.

"I'll switch my Timehole Warrior to defense (DEF: 0) and set one card face-down," said Hays. I hope its' enough, he mused.

Jake looked apprehensively at Hays' two face-downs. Knowing how freaky his other cards have been, mused Jake, those two could be anything.

"I draw!" cried Jake. "And now I get TWO Main Phases! So I'll tribute my Fallen Angel - Emehorael for my Fallen Angel - Blaze!" (2300/1800)

Pity I can't activate her effect, thought Jake. "Oh well. And now, since I get two summons, I'll be tributing my Fallen Angel - Rachiel, and say hello to a NEW Angel! Come forth... Fallen Angel - Luxalon!" (2000/1800)

Hays looked on. "But it has the same attack points!" he said pointedly.

"Maybe," replied Jake, "but it has a killer effect. When it deals damage to you, I get to draw 1 card from my deck!"

Hays laughed, slowly gaining confidence. "You have no battle phase!" he pointed out.

"Perhaps NOW," retorted Jake. "But my Fallen Angel - Enataar LV7 will rectify THAT! I pay 500 life points to destroy your silly Drain Time!" (Jake: 3500)

Hays looked on, aghast. "What's happening?"

Jake laughed. "Enataar LV7 allows me to pay 500 life points to wipe a card," he said. "And I can keep using it! So I'll pay 500 more to put a stop to your pathetic field spell!" (Jake: 3000)

Hays looked around worriedly as the clocks shattered and the hologram faded. "It's effect still applies," he quavered. "You still can't attack."

Jake growled. "Maybe now," he said darkly. "But next turn you are wide open."

"You done?" asked Hays, trying to keep calm although his was panicking horribly.

"Yeah," spat Jake, frustrated at his inability to do anything.

"That means it's MY turn!" cried Jacob. "And I'll activate my face-down, Gamblers' Hope. Now, when I draw a card, I send it to the grave."

"Good choice," sneered Egyap. "Give in while you still have your dignity... or some of it, in any case."

"I wasn't finished," laughed Jacob. "Now you declare a card type, and I draw until I draw a card thats' the type you chose."

Egyap thought deeply. 'If its' a monster, he might get the upper hand,' she mused. 'But if its' a trap, then he might be able to destroy all my monsters.'

"I choose Spell!" she declared.

"Why, thank you!" cried Jacob, as he flipped up the top card of his deck. "It's my Rouge of Clubs, so he's sent to the grave..."

"Hah!" sneered Egyap. "Are you sure you still have a spell in there?"

"I do," replied Jacob, picking up and placing another card in his graveyard. "And there's one very specific card I'm looking for..."

"What are the odds you'll draw it?" cried Egyap incredulously.

"Why..." said Jacob as he flipped over the top of his deck, "I think I've done it."

"What?!" screeched Egyap.

"Go, Dice of the Draw!" cried Jacob, as the large, virtual die began spinning in between them. "Now, I roll a die, then I draw cards equal to the result! Which is..."

The die clattered along the footpath and turned to reveal...

"A six!" cried Jacob, pumping his fist.

"Hah," snorted Egyap. "Dumb luck."

"We'll see who the dumb one is," laughed Jacob, picking up his cards. "Especially when its' no longer got anything to do with luck! Especially when I activate THIS! Grand Casino!"

Egyap looked around in horror as the amiable parkland turned to a large city, neon lights ringing the arena.

"And now I will be activating my Second Coin Toss spell!" he cried. "Now when I toss a coin and I don't like what I get, I can redo it! Which is VERY good when I'm activating another card! Gambler's Ressurrection!"

Egyap looked on in confusion. She had no idea what was happening. She had gone from a dominating position to a VERY volatile one in a time that shook her.

"Now I toss a coin," explained Jacob, "and if I should call right, I get two cards back from the graveyard."

"And if you call wrong?" asked Egyap, normally fierce voice mixed with the merest gnat-song of doubt.

"Won't be happening," smirked Jacob. "I call heads!"

The coin fell and fell... spinning and twirling...

"Come on..." prayed Egyap.

"... I need this..." thought Hays desperately.

"To beat her..." mused Jacob.

"Beat him once and for all!" pondered Jake.

"Those Fallen Angels will be putting the hurt on me next turn," thought Hays nervously. "But there's really not much I can do..."

"I pass," said Hays miserably.

"Great!" roared Jake, fed up with Hays' stalling. "And that's one Standby Phase, so in two more my Fallen Angel - Spectral will be joining the party! But first..." he said menacingly. "I'll pay 1500 life points to destroy all three cards on your field!" (Jake: 1500)

"You fell right into my trap," laughed Hays, still worried though. "It's my Grand Rewind trap and now all the cards that have left the field by a card effect return to my field!"

Jake narrowed his eyes as Timehole Warrior and Hays' face-down returned to the field.

"I'll just blow it off the field again," sneered Jake.

"No you won't," laughed Hays. "At the cost of 1000 life points, (Hays: 3000) I can negate the effects of all your monsters for one turn!"

Jake looked suspiciously at Hays' other face-down. 'He went to a lot of trouble just to get one face-down back...' he mused. 'It must be a trap.'

"I'll end my turn," said Jake, deciding not to risk it.

"Thank god," muttered Hays. "Now, before my Draw Phase, I'll activate this! Time Transfer!"

"What?!" cried Jake.

Hays laughed. "It wouldn't have stopped your attack," he smiled nervously.

"Little..." muttered Jake darkly. HE'D TRICKED HIM!

"Now my Time Transfer trap allows me to skip three of my phases and allow me to take three of one other phase!" he cried. "So I'll be skipping my Standby, End and Main Phase 2, and then I'll take my Draw Phase three times!"

Jake looked on as Hays pulled three cards off his deck and added it to his hand.

"Won't help," he said nonchalantly.

"I beg to differ," retorted Hays defiantly. "I activate the spell, the Hourglass of Time! Now, in three turns, I get to summon any monster I own to the field!"

"It won't last that long," sneered Jake, gesturing towards his Enataar LV 7.

"I summon my Dahaka, the Protector of the Timeline!" cried Hays (Dahaka, the Protector of the Timeline: 2100/1500).

"But that's a level 5 monster!" protested Jake.

"You're right," replied Hays. "But I can summon him without a tribute if my Hourglass is on the field. And while he's face-up, my Hourglass is immune to all your card effects!"

Jake growled. "I'll just destroy him first then," he replied, shrugging.

"Maybe," replied Hays. "But, for now, I'll set a card face-down. Go, Dahaka! Destroy Luxalon!"

Jake's shoulders sagged as Fallen Angel - Luxalon was destroyed by Hays' beast, sending his life points down to 1400.

"Hah!" laughed Hays triumphantly.

Jake looked up with a newfound fire in his eyes. "You will PAY for that!" he roared.

Can Jacob weather Egyaps' Cosmic storm long enough to set up a counterassault? Has Hays truly turned the duel around? Will Jake make good on his promise? Can Egyap pull back a convincing lead? Find out next time, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

Egyap has all four of the Cosmic Warriors out, but Jacob's in the middle of a coin toss that could turn this duel around. Meanwhile, Jake is swearing retribution against Hays, who has somehow managed to pull back. Can he endure in the face of Fallen Angel - Enataar LV7? Stay tuned and find out...

Jake: 1400

Hays: 3000

Egyap: 50

Jacob: 1000

The coin fell... and fell... and landed...

"Tails!" roared Egyap. "Thats' what you get, pathetic gambler!"

"Hah," laughed Jacob. "You've overlooked my Second Coin Toss. I'll be having that again, thanks."

The coin fell and clattered on the pavestones, this time turning up heads.

"Law of the gamble," smirked Jacob. "I'm bound to win sooner or later. So, due to my Gambler's Ressurrection, I'll be returning my two Destroyers of the Dice to me!"

Jacob smiled, Egyap looking on apprehensively, as he reached into his graveyard and plucked out his two monsters.

"Now I activate Polymerization!" he cried, revealing the familiar spell card. "And I'll be fusing my two Destroyers of the Dice... into the one... the only... Snake-Eyes, Lord of Dual Dice!" (1000/1000)

"Pathetic," sneered Egyap, genuinely worried despite her calm exterior.

"We'll see," laughed Jacob. "Now, you remember my Grand Casino?"

"How could I forget," retorted Egyap. "Its' disgusting."

"Well, its' my Casino that'll be the end of you," retorted Jacob. "Now, normally I'd have to roll a pair of dice and then the total would be multiplied by 200 then added to my monsters' attack."

"But...?" asked Egyap.

"Due to my Casino, I can skip that and immediately say its' twelve," replied Jacob. "So, twelve times two hundred means that my Snake-Eyes has a grand total of 3400 attack points!"

Egyap's eyes widened in shock. "No way!"

"Yes way," replied Jacob. "Now I activate my spell, Gambler's Gift. Now, we both get a token, and we can use that token as a substitute for a monster in a fusion summon. But, that's not what I want it for. Now that you have five monsters on your side of the field, I'll activate THIS! Go, Full House!"

"NO!" Egyap shrieked as all four of her Cosmic Warriors, plus the token, were wiped off the field.

"And that means..." said Jacob, smiling...

"Its' my turn!" roared Jake. "And that's TWO Standby Phases gone, so in one more Fallen Angel - Spectral will be joining the party! For now, go, Enataar LV7! I pay 1000 life points! Destroy his Dahaka and his Hourglass!" (Jake: 400)

Hays shielded his eyes as his Dahaka and his Hourglass were incinerated.

"This duel is done," grunted Jake.

"I'm afraid not," replied Hays, coughing violently in the cloud of smoke.

"You've got nothing," sneered Jake.

"I do," replied Hays, as the dust cleared, he has a spell, activated, in front of him.

"Its' my Time Boost spell card!" cried Hays. "Now, the turn count is set two turns forwards! So my Hourglass' effect has resolved! And... welcome to the field... The Empress of Time!" (0/0)

"You could have gotten any monster in your deck," drawled Jake, "yet you chose her?"

"And for good reason," replied Hays. "My Empress of Time, at a cost of 300 life points, can skip ANY phase of your turn, and end any phase whenever she wants!"

Jakes' expression went from leering to horrified. "I'll wipe her out with my Fallen Angel - Enataar LV7!" Jake cried, feeling as though he had lost the initiative.

"Hah!" laughed Hays. "You've frittered away all of your life points! You don't have 500 to pay!"

Jake looked at his duel disk in horror. "Oh well," he shrugged. "Your Time Boost spell ALSO spun my Incubator spell two turns forwards! So, come forth, Fallen Angel - Spectral! Now attack! Destroy that pathetic Empress!"

"Oh no you don't," replied Hays. "I pay 300 life points to skip your battle phase!" (Hays: 2700)

"I end my turn," sulked Jake.

"Good!" cried Hays. "I'll tribute my Timehole Warrior for this! My Emperor of Time!" Hays smiled as a wizened old man, bent with age, took to his field. (0/0)

Jake growled. "More?!"

"Yes," he replied slyly. "And now, whilst my Emperor is on the field, I don't have to pay life points to activate my Empresses' effect!"

Jake looked on in pure terror. "But that means..." he muttered.

"Yes!" cried Hays. "I can skip your entire turn free of charge! And now I'll end my turn, but my Empress means you don't get a turn at all! So I'll start my next turn!"

Jake cringed Hays drew another card.

"I summon my History Monk to the field in attack mode!" cried Hays. (200/800) "And when he's summoned, I can pay any multiple of 1000 life points... and for each thousand, you lose a spell or trap! So I'll pay a thousand, and your face-down is toast!"

Jake growled as his face-down was destroyed. "You still can't attack," he said. "Your monster isn't nearly strong enough."

"Doesn't matter," retorted Hays.

"Oh really?" replied Jake, thinking he could still somehow win this.

"Yes, really!" replied Hays. "I activate my equip card! Deja Vu! Now, any monster with 500 attack points or less..."

"CAN ATTACK YOU DIRECTLY!" cried Hays and Jacob in unison.

Jake and Egyap, as one, looked on in horror.

"Go, my Monk!" cried Hays, as the little bald man struck Jake with his staff. (Jake: 600)

"And your turn is skipped!" he continued. "So my Monk will attack you AGAIN!"

Jake flinched as his life points dropped by 200 more. (Jake: 400)

"And again!" cried Hays, as Jake fell to his knees, life points trickling to 200.

"And now..." said Hays.

"My Snake-Eyes..." said Jacob, smiling.

"WILL FINISH THE DUEL!" they roared, as Egyap and Jake fell to the ground, their life points simulatenously hitting zero.

"Alright!" cried Jacob, pumping his fist.

Hays semi-twirled on his toes. "Huzzah!"

Hays turned to see Malak clapping slowly. "Well done," he said.

"I had no idea you were there!" cried Hays, embarrassed.

"Whats' the problem?" asked Malak, striding quickly down the slope, Lerrack trailing after him.

"Yeah, whats up?" asked Zak, talking to Jacob.

"Nothing," brushed off Jacob, turning away from Egyaps' silently cursing form and back to his friend. "Where're Hays and Malak and... that other guy?"

"Lerrack?" prompted Zak.

"Yah," said Jacob absently.

"Hays went and duelled Jake," said Zak.

"Hays DUELLED?" cried Jacob. "And I didn't get to watch? Aww..."

"Oh well," shrugged Zak.

"We'd better go find those two," said Malak, turning and facing the hill.

"Why?" asked Hays, tottering after Malak, whose legs were a good deal longer than his own.

Malak shrugged. "I dunno. They'll get in trouble without me."

"And they won't when you're there?" asked Hays incredulously.

"No," admitted Malak. "But at least I'll be there to get them out of it."

Jacob snorted. "Must be getting late," he said, staring at the sinking sun and gazing at his watch, before remembering it wasn't working.

"Its' five-thirty," replied Malak.

"Whens' the tournament finish?" asked Hays.

"Three days long, it is."

"Oh."

Hey. I've got a little challenge for you all.

20 points and a reps' in it for yuz.

I'd like to know, out of all the cards I've made here, the five most broken (in your opinion) and then a reason (a concise reason, a full sentence or two), and also, to be on the ball, who used it and against whom. It's a kind of reward/challenge for my readers (and I know I have, at the very least, three.)

Also I'd like to know your favourite character as well. I just wanna get into the minds of the people who read my stuff.

Also, SPOILERS!

In the next four duels:

Hays WILL be duelling again;

Jacob, Malak and Zaxla will all return;

TWO new characters will be coming in!

In the long-term

The two new ones WILL be the last new characters until the end of this story arc.

There are eight duels and the BATTLE ROYAL remaining in the arc.

There WILL be four new characters in the next arc, including Mikhail Uria (very first chapter), and three others.

Five more new characters will star in the arc after that.

Archived