The Tournaments of Prestige

darkguy00000

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, k. I checked my books, Jake's duelling duel after next (unfortunately, it'll be a big next duel (SPOILER).).

I actually didn't realise before now how horribly hard it is to balance duels between the characters I have. I have:

Jacob: Turning to 4 duels.

Zak: 1 duel.

Malak: 1 duel.

Hays: 1 duel.

Zaxla: 1 1/2 duels.

Daniel: He'll now have 1.

William: 1 1/2 duels.

Robert: 2 duels.

Jake: 1 duel.

Egyap: 1 duel.

Lila: 1 duel.

Anita: 1 duel.

See my predicament? Luckily, I'm having a blitz session of duels coming up, as in duel-after-duel after duel. Stay tuned.

Oh, plus, I'm now officially on holidays. So, expect a lot more chapters soon... I got a lot of time to burn.

Yeah, five plus he started, meaning six.

As for William, there wasn't really enough I could write to justify putting him in the chapter. He will be back, and I'll fill in the intermediate time with flashbacks. Considering his split personality, I actually think that'd probably work better than any other method.

Chapter Six: Crawling Swarmers?!

Daniel: 4000.

Jacob: 4000.

Jacob looked on in disbelief. "What the heck?" he asked.

"My SwarmMasterAzrael," smirked Daniel (Swarm Master Azrael: 1200/1000). "Thisisa... setofInsects... andtheywillbeyourDOOM!"

"Iset2face-downs andendmyturn!" cried Daniel.

Jacob scratched his head. "Um...?" he asked. "You done?"

"What?" asked Daniel incredulously. "Yeah. Turndone."

"If you say so..." replied Jacob, drawing six cards. "I'll summon Beserker Warrior of the Cards, in attack position!" (2000/2000)

"Yes!" cried Hays, elated. "That's awesome!"

"Now, I draw a card from my deck of playing cards!" cried Jacob. "And then, my monster loses attack equal to the draw! Go, card draw!"

The deck of cards shuffled above Berserker Warrior's head, then dealt out a seven.

Jacob winced. "Now... my monster has 1300 attack, which is still enough to destroy your monster!"

"Nowthat... youreffecthas... resolved," slurred Daniel. "Iactivatemytrap, Underground Swarm!"

"What?" asked Hays, confused.

"What?" asked Zak, scratching his head.

"What?" asked Jacob.

"He said," said a cool voice behind the trio watching the duel, "That now that your monsters' attack points have been resolved, he can activate his trap, Underground Swarm."

Jacob turned to face the new arrival. "Hey, Zaxla!" he cried.

"You can understand him?" asked Zak, in disbelief.

"Me and Daniel go way back," laughed Zaxla, in his eternally-calm voice. "I've learned to deal with his... speech impediment, shall we say."

"Thank god..." muttered Hays. "Now we have a translator."

"I think what that crazy guy says is irrelevant," replied Malak. "Johanssen should pay more attention to the trap card."

"What does it do?" asked Jacob, obviously lost.

"Igettosummon allmonstersinmyhandwith less... attackpointsthanyour... monster!" cried Daniel Peach.

Jacob turned, imploring, to Zaxla. Zaxla smiled.

"He said, his card effect allows him to summon all monsters from his hand with less attack than your monsters' attack," Zaxla translated.

"That'swhat Isaid!" cried Daniel hotly.

Jacob shrugged. "That can't be THAT many cards, can it?"

"Youwish," replied Daniel, smirking. "Sayhello... SwarmMasterCanfiasto (1000/1000); SwarmMasterGradiu (800/1300); SwarmMasterBotarmo (700/1200); andfinally... SwarmMasterVampiraq! (1300/1000)

Jacob blinked as Daniel's army of insects took to the field. "O...k?" he said slowly.

"Nowtheireffects!" cried Daniel. "GradiumeansIdraw1card!" He drew his card, and smiled even further. "Canfiastoallowsmetolookat... 1cardinyourhand!"

Jacob looked shocked, and, after a quick translation from Zaxla, grudgingly showed Fusion of Fate from his hand.

"SwarmMasterBotarmomeansIdraw1cardfrom... thebottomofmydeck!" he cried. He picked up his deck, then added the last card to his hand.

"Andfinally," he drawled, "Vampairaq letsmeseethenextcardyouwilldraw!"

"Come again?" asked Jacob hopelessly. Malak rolled his eyes.

"He said, he gets to see the top card of your deck," explained Zaxla kindly.

Jacob looked to Daniel, who nodded slightly. He groaned, then picked up and showed him the top card of his deck.

"This duel is getting really boring," Malak yawned. "We have a guy who can't speak straight and a person who loses if a die rolls the wrong way. It's got all the suspense of watching grass grow... and I think it'll be as understandable as a Japanese romance film."

"What?" asked Zaxla, and despite his still-calm voice a tinge of anger was shining through. "What did you say?"

"You heard me," replied Malak lazily.

"Yes, but I'm not sure I understood you," said Zaxla, his voice now definitely showing hints of anger.

"Jeez, you're as stupid as your friend there," retorted Malak, looking around, yawning. Zak had resumed pawing through his cards, Hays watching the duel intently, with every sign of the utmost enjoyment. Malak sighed again.

"Whatever," replied Zaxla irritably, before turning to watch the duel again.

"Ok..." said Jacob. "This duel is definitely surreal..."

"What?" asked Daniel.

"Nothing," replied Jacob hastily. "I'll set a card face-down, then have my Beserker Warrior of the Cards attack your Swarm Master Gradiu! With 500 more attack, might I add..."

"ActivateTRAP!" retorted Daniel. "SwarmShield! Your monster is destroyed!"

"No!" cried Jacob, as Beserker Warrior was destroyed by a wave of light and energy flung from the five insects.

"'Fraid so!" cried Daniel, elated. "Done?"

"Yeah, I suppose so," grumbled Jacob. "Dude... these cards are horrible..."

"Thankyou," laughed Daniel, and Jacob felt that he could begin to understand his once-unintelligible speech. "Draw!" He trailed off in a string of garbled english that made Jacob dizzy just attempting to comprehend. 'Guess I can't understand him after all,' sighed Jacob worriedly.

"Zaxla?" appealed Jacob, turning to the improptu interpreter.

"He said he activates the effects of his Swarm Masters," translated Zaxla. "By tributing two of them, he gains powerful effects."

"Hahaha!" laughed Daniel, as Swarm Master Gradiu and Botarmo disappeared off his field. "Now... urgh... Zaxla? Please?"

Zaxla smiled thinly. "Daniel's two cards' effects means he draws 2 cards from both the top and bottom of his deck," explained Zaxla.

Jacob looked on in disbelief. "Four cards?!" he cried.

"Yeah..." muttered Zaxla wistfully. Daniel was still smirking.

"Now... IsummonSwarmMasterArkan inattackmode!" (1300/1000) "Now... ArkanandCanfiasto!" He laughed, oddly - in Jacob's opinion - as another pair of creepy insects pixellated off his field.

Jacob turned wordlessly to Zaxla. Malak yawned pointedly. Zaxla shot daggers at him, before turning back to Jacob. "Canfiasto means you discard a card from your hand... and Arkan destroys your spell and trap card."

"Activate!" cried Jacob. "G - Gamblers' Game!"

"Hahah!" cried Daniel knowingly.

"You can't activate the card," filled in Zaxla.

Jacob shrugged. "It activates when destroyed. We now both roll a die, and we get to draw that many cards from our decks, but then we have to shuffle that many back into the deck again!"

Daniel shrugged. "DiceRoll!"

"Dice roll!" countered Jacob, as their two virtual dice rolled in front of each competitor.

"Four!" cried Daniel.

"Six!" retorted Jacob, in glee.

"Hooray!" cried Hays, rather annoyed by the constant interruption in the duel.

"Go, guys!" cried Zaxla, smiling.

Both Jacob and Daniel drew their cards, Daniel not taking his eyes of Jacob. His gaze was eerie. Jacob shivered, then looked through his hand.

"Hm..." muttered Jacob, selected most of his hand and shuffling it back into the deck, and glanced up at Daniel. He was standing there, smiling, deck already replaced.

"That was fast," admitted Jacob, sliding his deck smoothly into the deck slot.

Daniel shrugged. "Thanks," he smirked. "Iactivate... The Hive!"

Jacob trembled as a large, oozing hive surrounded them, light driven out, the walls bland and beige, but crawling with activity. Half-real shapes crawled and scuttled around Jacob, and despite knowing that they were mere holograms, he flinched horribly. He could feel the hive pressing over him, suffocating...

He resurfaced back to conscienceness, still feeling scared and confused. He gasped for lungfuls of air, not realising he had been holding his breath in fear. Zaxla stood up in alarm, Hays squeaking to terror.

"Jacob!" cried Zaxla, alarmed.

"No, man!" yelled Hays, beginning to run towards the duelists, blocked only by a tanned arm flung in his way.

"No," said Malak calmly. "He'll be fine. It's holograms."

"He's obviously claustrophobic!" cried Zaxla, shaking. He hated seeing undeserving people suffering, in pain. "Stop it! Daniel!"

Daniel glanced up worriedly. "Zax?" he asked.

"Stop it!" Zaxla roared.

"I'm okay," said a shaky voice to his left. Four heads swiveled towards Jacobs' shakily-standing form, still breathing heavily. "I'll be good. Just some... bad memories."

"Obviously," sniggered Malak.

"You!" cried Zaxla angrily, turning on his heel and flourishing his hand in front of Malaks' eyes, who did not even blink.

"I what?" he goaded.

"You two!" roared Hays. "Shut up! I'm watching here!"

Malak laughed. Zaxla walked away ominously, stewing over. Never had anyone other than that... that... MONSTER William had gotten him this angry.

"Get back to the duel," said Jacob testily, trying to push down suppressed phobia.

"Ok," said Daniel, trying to think, to feel, the... the obvious horror Jacob was feeling. He stared straight into Jacob's eyes. They were darker. Jacob's whole body had a gaunt, grim feel about it. Daniel felt HIMSELF go cold.

"What's the field spell do?" cried Hays, scared by Jacob's fraility.

"All his monsters gain 300 attack," explained Zaxla, obviously disturbed, like Hays, of Jacobs' fit of memories. "And... other effects too."

"What other effects?!" cried Hays. "What?!"

"Now!" cried Daniel. "Azrael! Attack!"

Jacob grunted in pain as his life points trickled down to 2500.

"What?!" cried Hays. "It had 1200 a moment ago!"

Malak laughed incredulously. "The Hive, idiot? How quickly you forget..."

"Shut up!" growled Hays, before turning back to the duel.

"And Vampairaq!" cried Daniel, as the second, darker insect, charged forwards and sliced at Jacob, who felt another stab of pain dart through his body. (Jacob: 900)

"End," laughed Daniel.

"This is not looking good," said Jacob.

"Got that right," laughed Malak.

"It definitely is not a good position," said Zaxla quietly, returning to his icy calm state. "Daniel has an excellent field spell, he has two solid monsters out. Granted, he has no traps to throw against Jacob, but it's still a LOT of advantage, and those Swarmers can really murder with their effects."

"Pity it took out most of his hand in the process," noted Malak.

"Jacob can do it!" cried Hays loyally.

"I sure hope so..." muttered Jacob. "Draw!"

(Catchy freeze frame, and the people become all line-y, like in anime.)

What can Jacob do against Daniel's relentless swarm? What has befallen William and Robert during this new duel? Will anything result from the falling out of Malak and Zaxla? Stay tuned and find out, on Yu-Gi-Oh!: Tournaments of Prestige!

Sorry about the lateness, I think this is one of the longest chapters I've written. The duel's planned... I'm beginning to wish I left out Daniels' speech impediment, it makes writing so much more difficult... and I don't know if it's worth it in the long run. Anyway, don't fret elsandero, next duel... I managed to kick yours up a notch in the chronology. *wink, wink* Won't damage the story anyway, so meh.

• 1 month later...

Things are definitely not going well for Jacob. Daniel has Swarm Master Azrael (1500 ATK) and Swarm Master Vampairaq (1600 ATK) on his field, and The Hive field spell and all his starting Life Points. Jacob, meanwhile, is struggling badly, not just in the duel but against his suppressed memories. What's worse, he has nothing on the field and a measly 900 Life Points left. Can he pull back this massive deficit? Read on and find out...

"I..." muttered Jacob, wiping his forehead, covered in cold sweat. "I'll... I'm going to summon Card Counter in attack mode!" (1000/0) He shut his eyes, trying desperately to concentrate, to recall the last few minutes... "And his effect means that if I can guess the number of monsters in your graveyard, his attack points are doubled! I bet you have four monsters in your grave!"

"Grr..." growled Daniel. "Youare... correct."

"Yes!" cried Hays.

"Finally..." muttered Malak.

"Now my Counter's attack points swell up to 2000!" continued Jacob. "Now go! Attack his Swarm Master Azrael, with Deck Devastation!"

The machine beeped agreement, and rained cards through Azrael, who dissipated, shattering into thiusands of pixels. (Daniel: 3500)

"Now my Card Counter switches to defense mode (DEF: 0), so I'll set a face-down and call it a turn," said Jacob.

"Phew," sighed Hays.

"He does seem to have clawed back somewhat," smiled Zaxla.

"Mydraw!" cried Daniel, trying to scan through his options. "Iset... twocardsface-down onmyfield! Iactivate... SwarmSwitch! Now, insteadofmeneedingtwo Swarmermonstersto... gaintheireffects, Ican... useoneofyours!"

"What?!" cried Jacob, aghast, as both of their monsters shimmered off the field.

"He said-" began Zaxla.

"No, I understood him that time," Jacob moaned. "It's just that I hate his move..."

"Vampairaq'seffect meansthatthe... topthree cardsofyourdeckaresent... tothe grave," laughed Daniel. "And, duetomy... Hive fieldspell, I gettoaddanotherSwarmMasterVampairaqfrom... mydecktomyhand!"

Jacob looked at the top three cards of his deck longingly before he placed them into his graveyard. Daniel grinned at him.

"Duetomy SwarmSwitchspell," he explained, "Ican'tattack."

"He can't attack, 'coz of that spell card," explained Zaxla to a lost and still shaken Jacob.

"Go," nodded Daniel.

"Draw!" cried Jacob. "Now it's time to do things my way! I activate Fusion of Fate, and I'll fuse my Lords of Spades and Clubs to form THIS! Mega-Fate, King of Darksuit!" (????/????)

"Alright!" cried Hays, as the dark-clad warrior took the field before Jacob.

"Wha'?" said Zak blearily. "What did I miss?"

"Jacob was gettin' beat down bad, then he come back and now he got his great monster out!" cried Hays jubilantly.

"It... ithasno... points?" asked Daniel, scratching his head.

"Maybe now!" smiled Jacob, "but you wait and see. When it attacks or gets attacked, I draw eight cards from my virtual deck of playing cards, and for every dark suited card, that's spade or club, that shows up, Mega-Fate here gains 500 attack points!"

"Go ahead!" replied Daniel.

"I will!" yelled Jacob. "Go, Mega-Fate! Destroy him with Dark Card Destruction!"

The virtual deck materialized above Jacob's monster's head, dealing out eight cards then flipping them up...

"Club, Heart, Heart, Diamond, Spade, Heart, Diamond, Club," muttered Jacob.

"That'sthree," observed Daniel.

"My monster still has fifteen hundred points to attack you directly with!" cried Jacob, rallying valiantly. "Go, attack him!"

Daniel shielded his eyes as the dark gambler's deck of cards tore through him, dropping his Life Points down to 2000.

"And now I'll activate my trap card, 'A - Aggressive Odds'," smiled Jacob, "and end my turn. Go ahead."

"What's the trap do?" asked Hays.

"Easy," explained Malak, who had procured his own deck from his pocket and was listlessly thumbing through the cards. "A - Aggressive Odds allows both players to toss 1 coin during their own draw phases, if they want to. If they call it right, they get to draw another card. If they call it wrong, they randomly lose a card from their hand..."

Hays whistled. "Those are pretty high odds."

"I... willnottoss... acoin," said Daniel jerkily.

"Whatever you say," shrugged Jacob. "Your loss."

"I setone... card, andthen passmyturn," he sighed. "Goahead."

"I will toss a coin!" cried Jacob, picking his card up off his deck. "And I call heads!"

The virtual coin spun to a stop, landing on tails.

"Oooh," sighed Malak, mock theatrically. "Tragedy strikes!"

"Damn," muttered Jacob, discarding another Fusion of Fate from his hand. "Go, Mega-Fate! Ergh... hopefully win this duel!"

"I activatemytrap!" cried Daniel, as the pink card raised to protect him. "SwarmGuard! Andit... comeswith... a choice, foryou? You... guesshowmany... Swarm monsters inmyhand, and... ifyouare... right... Imustdiscard... themall to the grave. If... you're... wrong, Iget... toSpecialSummon one monster... frommyhand!"

"Um... two?" guessed Jacob desperately.

"Wrong!" replied Daniel. "I have... four!" He revealed his hand, and, indeed, it contained four Swarm monsters in it. "And... Isummon... Swarm King Thastaol!" (2000/1200, increased to 2300/1200)

"Jacob'd better get lucky..." muttered Hays.

"Great," sneered Malak. "Now Hays' mind is contaminated. We're all dead now..."

"Hey, shut up!" said Hays defensively.

"Oh, great," muttered Malak. "That's shut me up, Hays. Well... well done, honestly."

"Please, desist," said Zaxla in his coolly calm voice. "I wish to watch."

"Well..." muttered Jacob. "I don't know... I'm pretty sure the odds are against me here..."

"Oh, theyare," replied Daniel amiably. "Very... verymuch so."

"Make the move!" called Zak. "Attack him!"

"Remember," warned Malak, "that he has only 900 Life Points left. A misplayed attack could end the duel prematurely... wait, why am I talking him out of that? Attack, Jacob! With scant regard to the odds, you can win this duel!"

"Damn right!" cried Jacob. "Go, Mega-Fate! Attack the Swarm King!"

"What?!" cried Zaxla, eyes widening. "What are you doing?!"

"Huh?" grunted Daniel in surprise. "You're... attacking?"

"The idiot thought I was serious..." moaned Malak.

"You fool!" yelled Hays, turning to face Malak. "You're going to make him lose!"

"He hasn't lost yet," said Malak firmly, but a tiny glimmer of doubt still trickled in his tone. Hays turned back to the duel, and the virtual deck was already fanned out...

"Club, Club, Heart, Diamond, Diamond, Spade, Club..." murmured the entire crowd, each hoping, praying...

The last card flipped up.

"Woohoo!" roared Daniel, as the nine of Hearts was flipped from the deck. "Thastaol! Destroy his... Mega-Fate!"

The large insect king nodded and charged forwards at the dark-clad warrior, who raised his sword in desperate self-defense. But it was not enough to repel Thastaol, who attacked him regardless.

Dust covered the duel arena, both duelists coughing and gasping for air. Malak sighed. Hays turned back to him.

"You've done it now-" he screeched, but he could see Malak's expression change. He whipped around as the dust dispersed, and it revealed Mega-Fate, still standing firm against Thastaol's brutish strength.

"What happened?" asked Zak, amazed. "That's... what?"

"Oh, I activated the effect of a card in my hand," explained Jacob. "It's called Rabbit's Foot, and by discarding it, my monster's safe for a turn, as well as my Life Points. Also, just as a little bonus, we both get to draw a card."

Daniel obediently picked up the card on his deck, adding it to his hand, forcing himself to remain expressionless. Jacob drew his, then set it on the field. "Your turn," he nodded.

Daniel drew another card, then laughed happily. "I activate... theeffect... ofmy Swarm King Thastaol. Since... Idrew... a Swarm... monster... inmyturn, itis... SpecialSummoned to mysideof... thefield!"

Jacob nodded solemnly. "Go ahead," he said, voice neutral.

"Oh, Iwill," smirked Daniel. "Because... Isummonanother... Swarm Master Azrael, in attackposition!" (1500 ATK) "Due... tohiseffect... Iadd... a Swarm Master Canfiasto to my hand... Now, I'llplay... SwarmRegroup! This... spellreturns... five Swarm Monsters backtomydeck... thenIdraw... twocards!" Daniel ripped the two cards off his deck, grinning even more openly. "Prepareto... lose, Jacob!"

Can Jacob triumph finally over Daniel's huge amounts of monsters? Or will Jacob's luck with Mega-Fate, King of Darksuit, finally run out? Will it be Elsandero to comment first on this chapter? For all those answers, and similar ones, stay tuned for the next episode, of Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Tournaments of Prestige!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived