Bombardier Beetle, continuation The Last Two Horus Threads

BehindTheMask

Read the below, before responding.

Bombardier Beetles are ground beetles (Carabidae) in the tribes Brachinini, Paussini, Ozaenini, or Metriini—more than 500 species altogether—that are most notable for the defense mechanism that gives them their name: When disturbed, the beetle ejects a noxious chemical spray in a rapid burst of pulses from special glands in its abdomen. The ejection is accompanied with a popping sound.

A Bombardier beetle produces and stores two reactant chemical compounds, hydroquinone and hydrogen-peroxide in separate reservoirs in the rear tip of its abdomen. When threatened, the beetle contracts muscles that force the two reactants through valved tubes into a mixing chamber containing water and a mixture of catalytic enzymes. When combined, the reactants undergo a violent exothermic chemical reaction raising the temperature to near the boiling point of water. The corresponding pressure buildup forces the entrance valves from the reactant storage chambers to close thus protecting the beetles internal organs. The boiling, foul-smelling liquid partially becomes a gas (flash evaporation) and is expelled through an outlet valve into the atmosphere with a loud popping sound. The flow of reactants into the reaction chamber and subsequent ejection to the atmosphere occurs cyclically at at a rate of about 500 times per second and with the total pulsation period lasting for only a fraction of a second.

So... My question is this:

How can such a highly complex(and it is) structure just come into existence?

I mean, if the Bombardier Beetle were to slowly evolve over time(like the Theory of Evolution claims) then how can it acquire two powerful reactants, in order to defend itself?

Whenever these two reactants combine...well you can read about it above. So, if the bombardier beetle were to over time develop a structure in order to utilize it, how did it get the chemicals in the first place, without killing itself?

(inb4peoplethinkimacreationist)(i'm not)

Also, stay on topic which is: How can the Bombardier Beetle have such a complex system? Is it evolution, even though the Bombardier Beetle's system is too complex? Or is it creationism, which doesn't really explain how

the Bombardier Beetle came to gain it's defense mechanism.

Seriously.

I'll end this bullshit "Evolution" theory.

Evolution is based on a certain (almost beleivable) occurance known as the "Geologic Column"

The Geologic column states that as animals "evolve" the go higher up on the column.

Example: a dinosaur died millions of years ago, therefore, it must be on the bottom.

The evolutionist says that man evolved from these weird odd creatures. The lines between say mammal and bird would be made by "missing links" or: A cross between a certain animal kind.

A noteable one is Seymoria (Half Amphibian, Half Reptile.)

Now the reason the Creationist can prove evolution hasn't taken place is that the geologic column hasn't been discovered on any continent. In some cases finding Skeletons of man with dinosaur skeletons.

Also, the fossils of these "missing links" are spread throughout rock stratae, making the missing link theory invalid.

Evolution dpsent exist. Creation is supernaturalistic, but it seems to be better than Evolution.

I'll end this bullshit "Evolution" theory.

Evolution is based on a certain (almost beleivable) occurance known as the "Geologic Column"

The Geologic column states that as animals "evolve" the go higher up on the column.

Example: a dinosaur died millions of years ago' date=' therefore, it must be on the bottom.

The evolutionist says that man evolved from these weird odd creatures. The lines between say mammal and bird would be made by "missing links" or: A cross between a certain animal kind.

A noteable one is Seymoria (Half Amphibian, Half Reptile.)

Now the reason the Creationist can prove evolution hasn't taken place is that the geologic column hasn't been discovered on any continent. In some cases finding Skeletons of man with dinosaur skeletons.

Also, the fossils of these "missing links" are spread throughout rock stratae, making the missing link theory invalid.

Evolution dpsent exist. Creation is supernaturalistic, but it seems to be better than Evolution.

[/quote']

*Macroevolution.

Microevolution is kind of blatantly...there.

How many f-cking morons can post in a thread in a matter of 75 minutes?

*palmface*

Get this moved to debates so that the right crowd posts in the thread' date=' none of this Cool Story, Bro/Wizard did it crap.

[/quote']

I would love to say I read anything in this entire thread;

But sadly I was too enthralled by avatar boobs.

*palmface*

Get this moved to debates so that the right crowd posts in the thread' date=' none of this Cool Story, Bro/Wizard did it crap.

[/quote']

*face->desk*

XD

Their posts were first.

Bah, who the funk reads anything but the first post in a thread anyway?

*palmface*

[/quote']

*face->desk*

XD

Their posts were first.

Bah, who the f*** reads anything but the first post in a thread anyway?

I always hit the 'last post' button. Lol

Hey, I'm advocating for evolution.

Evolution happens when a living creature's system eventually adapts over a long period of time in order to combat or defend against an oppressive condition.

Take black people for example. Why is it that there're so many of them in Africa? The Sun is the oppressive condition, so humans evolve, building melanin in their skin, which also makes their skin darker. That's why your skin gets darker when you're tanning. Your body reacts to the oppression from the sun and builds melanin. When the oppressive condition is removed however, over time this can change. You can get paler. Eventually everyone was black. But in colder regions where the Sun don't shine, there's no oppressive force.

Take preventive virus shots too. They give you a needle with a dead virus, your blood cells fight the dead virus, and from this they adapt to the oppressive force, the virus. Now your body will be able to fight the live virus better.

The body learns over time, and reacts to protect one from danger.

In the same light, I'd assume that the Bombardier Beetle evolved over time from being damaged from behind by other insects, then reproducing, then those beetles eventually getting more damaged, to the point where the defense mechanism eventually took place in response to the oppression from being bit in the ass too much.

I'd guess they evolved somewhat like this:

1. They got some extra armor from inside their behinds.

2. A chemical adapted slowly in their behind so that when they were bit from their blind spot, the chemical could teach the attacker to not attack from behind again.

3. More bites from behind eventualy lead to the slow development of the reactive defensive mechanism.

My 2 cents.

Archived