should royal magical library be banned?

should royal magical library be banned?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. should royal magical library be banned?

• should be banned
    • should be left at 3

RoyalMagicalLibrarySDSC-EN-C-1E.jpg

overall, I don't see much use for it outside of otk decks, usually I see it in exodia, but when I do see it, unless it is just a filler, it's summoned in attack mode, and then the other person just spams spells until he gets what he needs.

I feel like it needs to be banned, since otks make the game not fun, and more importantly, ruins the need for strategy beyond "keep drawing".

----------------------------------------------------------

on another note, to any that have wc09, and can get online with it, someone has a hacked deck in the number 1 slot (if you couldn't already tell by the 65535 out of 5000 rating.) and while normal decks won't stand a chance, he is a good otk opponent, since he gives 16000 dp min per win. my crappy endymion magical library exodia deck has been winning before turn 5 aganist this guy, and it is helping out my collection on there greatly, since I'm one of the few who aren't cheating yet. (though, I really should.)

because this can turn 3 +0 2 draws in a collective additional +1, which helps keep it going, on top of that, you can use endymion to make ANOTHER +1 on top of all that. it isn't hard to ftk exodia with it, that crappy deck I mentioned doesn't even use any of the semi-limited or limited draw cards, and only runs 1 set of trade-ins as it's only +0 draw, and I still get an exodia on turn one EVERY time I draw royal library in my opening hand.

This shouldn't be banned. To get it's effects right away you need to summon it, but then your left with a 0 ATK point monster and that is bad. Then just to draw 1 card you need to use 3 spells. Odds are you won't always have 3 spells in hand when you summon this, and even if you do you may not always be able to use them. Lastly any OTKs you may be thinking about would be banned on a good list.

Even in Magical Explosion I find this hurts more than it helps as you need to use three cards before you even gain one in return and you want to be gaining as much advantage as possible, tuningware plus dupe is a far superior FTK engine than this is. It can punish your opponent for recklessly and unskillfully playing spells as well.

Even in Magical Explosion I find this hurts more than it helps as you need to use three cards before you even gain one in return and you want to be gaining as much advantage as possible' date=' tuningware plus dupe is a far superior FTK engine than this is. It can punish your opponent for recklessly and unskillfully playing spells as well.

[/quote']

This

And also, Its a prime draw engine in Spellcasters anyways. With Endymion, this card is good.

lbhtw.jpg

Fixed*

And its only real effectiveness' date=' is in Magical Explosion and other related OTKs that use alot of Spell Cards.

[/quote']

yeah, an otk, which is the whole point of the poll, it's only real use is otks, which in the end is bad for the game.

Ok, now ask yourself, does banning this card stop the OTK? The answer is no, as such banning this serves no ends.

This card is horribly slow, and if you do not even pull off the OTK, it will be destroyed easily since it would probabely in attack, and either way, it could be run over or targeted by S/T.

Christ, making a fuss over a card that has limited use outside OTKs, well actually, no use outside OTKs.

I'm really really against banning cards just because of OTK's. I do not think OTKs ruin the game at all, and it pisses me off when cards are banned because they can "OMG be used in combination with other cards to win." I think as long as the OTK isn't extremely easy to pull off, they can add a lot of fun and creativity to decks and are a breath of fresh air.

It seems like the only strategy we're allowed to have are the ones Konami spoon feeds us, because heaven forbid someone wins with a strategy that Upperdeck or takahishi tamari or whatever didn't intend. Oh no, you made a deck based around infinite draw and not based around the specific archtype that we intended you to use like Lightsworn or Aliens or Zombie World! BAN!!!!

I'm really really against banning cards just because of OTK's. I do not think OTKs ruin the game at all' date=' and it pisses me off when cards are banned because they can "OMG be used in combination with other cards to win." I think as long as the OTK isn't extremely easy to pull off, they can add a lot of fun and creativity to decks and are a breath of fresh air.

It seems like the only strategy we're allowed to have are the ones Konami spoon feeds us, because heaven forbid someone wins with a strategy that Upperdeck or takahishi tamari or whatever didn't intend. Oh no, you made a deck based around infinite draw and not based around the specific archtype that we intended you to use like Lightsworn or Aliens or Zombie World! BAN!!!!

[/quote']

AMEN!

Even in Magical Explosion I find this hurts more than it helps as you need to use three cards before you even gain one in return and you want to be gaining as much advantage as possible' date=' tuningware plus dupe is a far superior FTK engine than this is. It can punish your opponent for recklessly and unskillfully playing spells as well.

[/quote']

your an idiot!

"recklessly and unskillfully playing spells"?

*facepalm*

also no this shouldnt be funking banned!

1. exodia does not work anymore!

2. this was never in magical explosion decks :S

3. definatly not broken ¬_¬, infact its a totally balanced drawing card

Considering werewolfjedi's usual level of intelligence, I'm pleasantly surprised that he has actually chosen a decent candidate for banworthiness this time - RML has been seriously debated frequently in the past, and indeed is actually banned on many 3/0 lists, albeit usually only on the most complete, comprehensive, and/or extreme ones. However, this has seen a recession as of late with the release of Endymion, which granted this card legitimate use outside of OTK decks and thus eliminated the argument that the only decks to suffer would be the turbo OTK's anyhow.

I'm really really against banning cards just because of OTK's. I do not think OTKs ruin the game at all' date=' and it pisses me off when cards are banned because they can "OMG be used in combination with other cards to win." I think as long as the OTK isn't extremely easy to pull off, they can add a lot of fun and creativity to decks and are a breath of fresh air.

[/quote']

You seem to think that the complaint people have about OTK decks is that Konami didn't make them a name archetype.

You're an idiot.

Where did you get that from lol.

The post I quoted' date=' obviously. Especially this section:

Archived