HOLY S***!!!! (LOL CAPS)

The Slime Lord

If you don't want to read my jabroniing, skip to the paragraph in bold. If you want to read my jabroniing and do, then that's cool also.

From what I've played, Final Fantasy VIII is an amazing game. It's very different from other Final Fantasies, but that's okay. Anyway, I've played through this game multiple times, but I've never been able to complete it. It's really a shame, because I was soooo close this time. Now I have to start all over... again... Here's a list of multiple things that have prevented me from completing this game.

1) Bought used at Gamestop, but when I put the 1st disc in, it was all scratched up, so I couldn't get more than 5 minutes into it.

2) Bought new from Amazon. My brother was pissed because I was playing it too much, so when I was doing something else, he thought it would be cool to break the 1st disc. I was near the end of it too. While this completely sucked, it would have been a little better if I knew anyone in real life that either had the 1st disc, or would let me borrow it. (To get even, I broke two of my brother's fingers by pushing him down the stairs) :P

3) Bought the whole game over again at Gamestop once they had it again. All the discs were good. But because I didn't really get how the Junction system worked, I got screwed over during the 3rd disc when it was just Squall and Rinoa on the Ragnarok. Because I sucked, I had to restart the game.

4) Okay, this time, I knew exactly how to use the Junction system, all the discs were still good, and because the PS2 is in my room and the PS3 downstairs, my brother would have no reason to break any of my discs. So yeah, this time, I was set on actually completing this game. But no. Just around the end of the 3rd disc, I encountered a horrible glitch that would make continuing through this game impossible. For some reason, whenever a spell is used, whether it'd be a simple

Cure or Fire spell or a "not-so-simple" Meteor or Ultima spell, everything goes negative, and every bar or set of numbers is replaced by white blocks. When the battle is over, and I open my menu to check if everything is screwed up, the game crashes. If once I'm done with the battle and I get in another, the game crashes. Yeah...

Okay, what the funk?! I got this game years ago. Over the years, I've completed Final Fantasies I, IV, V, VI, VII, X, X-2, and XII with no problems, why can I not complete this one? I've restarted this game four funking times, and I haven't beaten it once. This never happens. There was one instance in the past where I had to restart Final Fantasy IV for the same reason I had to restart Final Fantasy VIII for the 3rd time, but never, have I had to restart a game four times in order to complete it. What sucks the most is that this time, I was really close. This is the closest I have ever gotten to beating this game. Forget it, I'll just try again in a few months or a year or something. I really don't feel like restarting this game for a fifth time right now.

Anyway, I guess the point of this thread is to complain about various crap that happened to you when you were trying to complete a game, whether it was scratched/broken discs, whipped memory cards, glitches, etc. So yeah, go.

Ok Shadow Hearts Covenant, Once you complete the game it starts the game all over again even without all your past quipment, is suppouse it isn't much of scratch disc, that it is, because everytime i try to do the first fight it crashes but the game just needs a bit more umph een if it is letting you have your past equipment and beating bosses easily, and my final rant is that the last boss and that game is very easy! so i'm complaining for that reason!

You know you could just watch a playthrough of the game, i know its not the same as completing it yourself but atleast you get to see the ending, unless your computer breaks will your watching it...

but this has happened to me before when i was playing metal gear solid, i finished the first disk but the second disk wouldnt load, then the second time i play the game it freezes at the credits so i cant save and get the stealth camo which was really annoying.

I just got Kingdom Hearts the other day, and it was scratched up of course. I put it in there, and me being new to it rush to the first boss where i take two tries to kill it, and my game freezes. I do it again, and once again forgot to save. Freezes. I do it again and save this time. Freezes. I had to kill the piece of crap a good 15 times before i finally got up during the black screen between dialogues (where it would freeze) and gave the thing a good smack. I guess that started it back up and I was able to finally get around the dang scratches. I was too lazy to go get it buffed, but i should go do it anyways...

The morale of the story is hitting your systems always works

Ah I remember the night that my old man knocked over my PS2 on accident leaving a gash on my FF XII disc which kept me from going to the last area, good times good times. Just regot the game now but my spirits still can't make it back in fear of it happening again, soooooooooooooo much grindingggggggggggggggggggggg

When I was younger, my brother brought home the original Sonic Adventure 2, for dreamcast. When we completed the first 2 stories, they both thought the game was over, and the way I was back then, I loved the game, and I wanted to believe there was another story. So to prove it to me, they went to Story Mode, and there was the Secret Story, and we tried to beat it. But, when we got to the part where we get to be eggman, we would fall threw the floor, and we would simply hover in darkness. My brother tried to recreate the disk to get rid of the scratch, but it did no avail.

Wait' date=' why did you have to restart Final Fantasy IV?

Anyway, there were a few games I had on a Memory Card. I don't know how, but the data got corrupted. I had to delete [i']everything[/i]. This was especially annoying since Dark Cloud 2 is a pain in the ass when it comes to customization.

The same thing happened to me. I was 2 songs away from beating Guitar Hero III, and my data became corrupted the next time I turned it on. >.<

FFX

I was at the boss after Lady Yunalesca. Dude was ultra tough so I turned it off. I tried to download a MvC2 Save from my ARMAX. The sheet froze on me. So I turned my game off, reset, and the ARMAX raped my memory card and deleted every little game data I had...ever. I was fine with most of the games gone because I either beat it, was a sports game, or a fighting game which really didn't need beating. But when I found out my final fantasy data was gone, I sat staring at the ceiling for about half an hour saying in my head "....the funk!!"

And Kingdom Hearts

I was on the Maleficent Dragon battle. Dude was too hard for me simply because my strategy was off and seven ways of messed up (Even though I had the strategy guide,lol) So I started a new game for fun and everytime I saved, I saved in the 99th spot. By the time I was at Hercules world, I accidently overwrite 1st file. Again, I sat staring at the ceiling. man...

NFS: Most Wanted. I was THIS close to beating Razor, like 2 seconds away from goal, and I paused because it was close, and I was sweating all over. When I wanted to continue a minute later, after I had got something to drink, it didn't continue. It had crashed. I was like REALLY mad. Unluckily for him, I then plowed through the game in 2 days and whupped his worthless ass.

There was a game in my rotten core of existance that led to me foaming at the mouth was Spyro: A Heroes Tale. Every god damned time you create a new file, that damned thing corrupts and you must restart again. Repeatedly, it brought a venomous hate up myy throat in a stream of obscenities, but I got back at the game by getting 100%

Archived