Sediment Carbon

Brendano Harns

Its a bit much' date=' since you can destroy any card (including s/t)

Its not against the rules to say your picture is bad, so you can report all you want, its not going to do much :/

I respect your desire to use self drawn cards, but this is still a bad pic :/

Try working a bit more on light source, the pic looks very flat. Also, you said it is supposed to be a rock, but you left the "body" smooth. Try looking at pictures of real rocks and creating ledges and cracks and whatnot. Which then, in combination with shadows/lighting, would give you a much more realistic picture.

[/quote']

I think I'll make it a face-up card.

I will report all I want. :lol:

I said specifically that if they give me advice, tips, ect. about how to make it better, I don't mind if they slap me in the face and say "THAT PIC SUCKS!!!!!! DIE!!!"

Thank you for the very good tip. I may even go back over this pic and do that.

This forum runs on Icy's rules, not yours. And no one flamed your pic. :/

They just said it was bad, which it is.

But go ahead, report. I doubt anything will come of it.

[/offtopic]

ok fine ill give improvements on the pic, make it look like something, i cant tell if its a gray chicken with 1 eye or what, i undertsand you want to report people cause they want to give opinions. no one else in the world does that but hey what are you guna do.

work on your self drawns and next time state exactly what the pic is suppose to be so we can state what you should work on

ok fine ill give improvements on the pic' date=' make it look like something, i cant tell if its a gray chicken with 1 eye or what, i undertsand you want to report people cause they want to give opinions. no one else in the world does that but hey what are you guna do.

work on your self drawns and next time state exactly what the pic is suppose to be so we can state what you should work on

[/quote']

I was tired of getting "The pic sucks" over and over, and over, and over, and over again, which happened on another thread, and I started getting that here as well, so I decided not to put up with it any longer.

I thought that you had said that you were going to give improvement ideas on the pic? You didn't.

ok fine ill give improvements on the pic' date=' make it look like something, i cant tell if its a gray chicken with 1 eye or what, i undertsand you want to report people cause they want to give opinions. no one else in the world does that but hey what are you guna do.

[/quote']

I was tired of getting "The pic sucks" over and over, and over, and over, and over again, which happened on another thread, and I started getting that here as well, so I decided not to put up with it any longer.

I thought that you had said that you were going to give improvement ideas on the pic? You didn't.

well i will if you tell what its suppose to be, is it a chicken?

[/quote']

The solution to that isn't to report everyone who has something negative to say about your work, the solution is to get better. :/

Getting better at drawing I see.

But in my opinion' date=' that looks like 02 next form.

8.9/10

[/quote']

What's 02 next form?

[/quote']

well i will if you tell what its suppose to be, is it a chicken?

Yeah, I drew a chicken. [/sarcasm]

It's supposed to be a mound of crystals that's alive, basically. I'm working on the pic.

[/quote']

The solution to that isn't to report everyone who has something negative to say about your work, the solution is to get better. :/

That is exactly the reason the rules were put in place to begin with.

I didn't want them saying it was bad, unless they good give me a suggestion on how to make it better. Lately, I've tried to learn everything possible about how to improve my picture quality, and that is one of the reasons I posted the rules.

I blame you, all of you...for helping me make the pic better! New pic is up! ^_^

ok if thats what its suppose to be i can help, i have some ideas, that i can draw for you, you can check out some of my self drawns, but anyways, i would have the mound of cystlas maybe more human like you know with arms and legs and a head if you want ill pm you a pic of what i mean.

hmm. tough one. Pic is ok Fuzzie. And shading would help with all the texturing. as well as a light source. XD! I bet if you called this a toon monster and drew it again later you might have gotten less it sucks. Toon monsters don't really look like a good pic. I mean I never thought alot of toon monsters were good. Have you seen for instance toon Aligater. I am just saying with the way you colored this. Calling it a toon would have probably saved you some trouble, because that is what it looks like.

I tend to forget details on some cards I read, and when I saw some comments I thought this was creating some sort of loop where he could be SS, destroy itself, make you discard 1 card to destroy any card, and then come back because it was destroyed and re-start the combo until you have nothing left to discard or your opponent runs out of cards. I actually read the other comments before reading the card's effect ^-^" (I know you already showed it to me but I tend to need to refresh my memory unless I'm trying to connect effects in a set. But that doesn't happen, I rarely rate sets anymore, too much work xD )

Anyways :)

This can be a long comments. Effect looks good. With the actual real TCG/OCG cards existing, I see how I would make this work although real rocks aren't that great. I know your Deck must have some strategy where you can destroy a Rock that will benefit from being destroyed or just from being in the Graveyard, The card that destroyed it will do something good too of course, then Special Summon this card and wait for it to be destroyed the right way. It can slowly create a small advantage

^that was a Review on the effect, it looks like a 10/10 to me..

About the pic, abstract. That's the word that descrives it the most.

I'll make an effort to suggest stuff even though I must confess, I don't know what your intention is regarding the overall form but it kinda looks like a hand (I know its a rock, diamonds, legs, and an eye in the middle but I'm talking about the outline ;) )

-The Yellow line that crossess the monster and passess through the eye. Try to make it a little more curve since I know your monster is not plane, or it could be square-like too xD depends on your idea. What is sertain is that it can't stay as a straight line accross your drawing. It gives the feeling of something flat. Just imagine it in 3-D ;)

-The legs are too straight(for failing to find another english word to express myself ^-^")

I suggest you flex them a little (does that sound right?) but don't make them look equally near. If it looks like the right is just a fliped version of the left, then the pic is less interesting.

-If my guess is wrong and that's not supposed to be like a hand, plz ignore this point ^-^"

If those are finger-like things on its head, make them point in different parts, draw them less straight, and keep in mind that fingers' different forms. If you look at your hand in a mirror or something, it actually helps xD

-The texture is important, you need to draw small fissures and protuberances (hope that's the word lol) on the rock-like surface, although it is true that a rock can also have a smooth surface, it looks more interesting if it doesn't.

plz, don't really do fissures overexagerated and zig-zag-like all around it, with 1 small one somewhere is enough.

For any region that is supposed to be made of diamond, try to remember how in comics/mangas etc, you have seen crystals or ice drawn, you can just copy their texture and it eventually will change and evolve into something more personalized (your own style).

if possible, don't skip details (too easy for me to say when I'm used to it but don't really know much about the horrors of time and effort needed to work in computer programs :D)

-Last but not least, once you have gone over all these details, select 1 light source (if you select more, its too hard if you are not used to it ;) ).

hope that helped^

ok if thats what its suppose to be i can help' date=' i have some ideas, that i can draw for you, you can check out some of my self drawns, but anyways, i would have the mound of cystlas maybe more human like you know with arms and legs and a head if you want ill pm you a pic of what i mean.

[/quote']

Now you are just trying to change the pic completely, not make it better.

hmm. tough one. Pic is ok Fuzzie. And shading would help with all the texturing. as well as a light source. XD! I bet if you called this a toon monster and drew it again later you might have gotten less it sucks. Toon monsters don't really look like a good pic. I mean I never thought alot of toon monsters were good. Have you seen for instance toon Aligater. I am just saying with the way you colored this. Calling it a toon would have probably saved you some trouble' date=' because that is what it looks like.

[/quote']

That wasn't very helpful, due to the fact that never in 10000 years will I make a Toon monster.

Thanks sleepy, but most of that is stuff that's too late to fix now.

Also, I tried giving it a texture, but I hated it, so I faded it in a little bit, and now you can't even tell it's there, unless you look really hard.

lol@noobs doing that xD

Its not you, its them ;) even I've had people say to me bad comments about pics a couple of times, somewhere in my threads but I don't remember exactly where. (I feel like I'm talking too high of myself here xD )

Things like:

-You must give pic credit or this will be locked.

-Effect is meh and that pic is obiously hand drawn, colored with color pencils, and then blended with a color blender. I suggest you change that pic with something better, google is your friend. (someone actually told something like this to me, I think in the Silent Magician Thread)

-Meh pic 7/10

-lower the ATK, rise the DEF, lower Level by 1, change pic, 6/10

^some of those idiots didn't read the "pic credit by me" part that they had in their face, others didn't even sound like they saw the card, and others just look like they hated self-drawn pics (I guess its ubberly hard to make it look like an actual good quality image, I haven't really been able to do 1, so.....)

EDIT: I figured it would be hard to put details in the computer ;)

well, let's try to improve each time and that's what counts :)

I try to make a drawing look as good as possible regardless of how much time it takes (I bet you already noticed it -speaking of my Deck :lol: -)

Archived