LOCK THE CONDEMNED BUILDING

Skippy Canoe

Will SCGC remain existent? YOU DECIDE.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will SCGC remain existent? YOU DECIDE.

• I believe I am an active participator, but Skippy may challenge this if he disagrees, and my vote may not count.
    • The Wonder Pets are sexeh.

[align=center]Banner1.png

[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-145724.html][img=http://www.thestorks.net/skippysimages/Banner1.png][/url]

Welcome to the Grand Crest, where we enjoy Latin words. I hope you find our critiques beneficial to the output of your artistic mind.

[spoiler=[b]Application[/b]]

To join our grand association, fill out the below application form after reading all regulations and rules.

[b]Username:[/b] {Your username. Do not simply answer "DUH." I want your username, or you will be denied.}
[b]Gender:[/b] {Male, female, other, or confidential.}
[b][u]Primary[/u] Art Form:[/b] {Imagery, Perception, Literature, or Programming... Which do you fall under mainly? NOTE: Choose the one you use the most.}
[b][u]Specific[/u] Art Form:[/b]
[b]IRC Nickname:[/b] {On our #CIRCAtrium IRC channel, what will you commonly call yourself? This helps so I know who is chatting there.}

[spoiler=[b]Resignation[/b]]

If you'd like to resign from this club formally for some reason, fill out this form, please. After resigning, you may always rejoin.

[b]Username:[/b] {Your username.}
[b]Reason for Leaving:[/b] {Why are you leaving?}
[b]Farewell Message:[/b] {Optional: What else would you like to say to other club members about your resignation?

[spoiler=[b]Critique Council Application[/b]]

If you would like to be a member of the Critique Council, fill this application form out and send it to me via private message. For more information, look at Critique Council Regulations.

[b]Username:[/b] {Give it to me. Seriously.}
[b]Box ID:[/b] {What is your box's code number?}
[b]Primary Art Form to Critique:[/b] {Imagery, Perception, Literature, or Programming?}
[b]What Specific Type of Artist are You?:[/b] {Spriter, GFX-er, drawer, game developer, etc.}
[b]Sample Critique:[/b]

[spoiler=[b]General Regulations[/b]]

General Rules and Regulations:

1: All YCM rules apply in this thread.

2: You must follow all other rules here or face discipline.

3: Do not post until you are accepted into the Grand Crest.

4: Private message me your application so I do not skip over it. If you are unsure how to do this, copy the application and click the "PM" at the bottom of this post. If you post your application, it will be ignored.

5: I have the right to deny your application for any reason. If you disagree with my reason, you may appeal it and I will review your application again.

6: All application forms must have the last letter colored blue to ensure that you have reviewed these rules.

7: No asking what the topic is, since this disrupts general discussion. Learn to read unless no one is making sense in their posts.

8: If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, you may ask for a topic change if you think it's necessary.

9: If you have a question about ANY of the rules, pm me instead of posting.

[spoiler=[b]Post Content Regulations[/b]]

Post Length and Content Regulations:

1: No post shall not exceed the length of one sentence or complete thought.

2: Members not on the Critique Council may post critiques of posted art, but said critiques cannot be the whole of a post in the Grand Crest.

3: Simple comments are allowed by all members, as long as they are not the whole of a post. This affects the Critique Council, as well, but I would expect full critiques from them.

4: You may reply to simple comments or full critiques as long as they are not the whole of a post.

5: General discussion will be carried on regularly here, so I expect you not to change the topic unless the last post about said topic was over twelve hours ago.

6: This is a sample legal post for a regular member. If you post here not using approved content regulations, there will be consequences.

Nice art' date=' Jill. I like it.

I like writing stories, too. It's fun. Did you read the one in Fan Fic about the people that work at the coffee place?

(Contains both an art comment and a contribution to the topic. Comment is optional, since it depends if there was art recently posted.)

[/quote']

7: This is a sample illegal post for a regular member.

THANKS JACK I LOVE YOU.

(No topic contribution. Only a general comment.)

8: This is a sample critique from a Critique Council member. Critique Council members are the only club members that may make a critique the whole of their post.

Guys' date=' I made a new emote. Like the color?

:mrgreen:

[/quote']

Jill, your art is an improvement from your last work. I'm glad you're starting to use more vibrant colors. You should work on making your emotes a bit better shaded. It looks like a small bump instead of a sphere.

(Non-Critique Council members may post critiques, but they also have to contribute to the topic. Another note: this shouldn't disrupt the current topic. Also, all critiques should contain a quote containing the original art.)

9: All critiques should contain at least three comments about the art. At least one should be something that was done right, and the other should be something that could be improved. If you are unable to do this, post saying so and there should be no conflict.

[spoiler=[b]Critique Council Regulations[/b]]

Here at the Grand Crest, we have the Critique Council. These members of the club that are a part of this council will ensure that you get the perfect opinions on your works.

Article 1: Getting Accepted in to the Critique Council of the Grand Crest

Here are the steps to getting accepted into the Critique Council.

---

1: Send the application located near the top of this post to me via pm.

2: If I accept your application, I will reply with a piece of art that falls under your form of art for you to critique. If I deny it, you have no right to appeal at this stage.

3: If your critique is up to snuff, I will reply to you and try to arrange a meeting by IRC for yet another test. If you are denied, you may reply again and appeal this if you give a good reason why you should be accepted.

4: The testing in the IRC will be kept secret, and will vary between art forms. If you pass this test, you will be accepted into the Critique Council. If you fail, you may appeal again, and I will retest you if you give a good reason.

Article 2: Responsibilities of Critique Council Members

---

1: All CC (Critique Council) members are expected to post a critique for every form of their art posted. If they fail to do this more than once, they will face a trial by IRC if I should remove them.

2: Besides what is listed in Post Content Regulations, members are required to follow all rules of the Grand Crest.

3: CC members are expected to inform me if they will be unavailable at a time. If they do not, I will assume they are not fulfilling their responsibilities.

4: If you are removed from the council, you may reapply to join two weeks after removal.

5: If you are originally denied, you may also reapply to join two weeks after denial.

Article 3: Other Notes of the Critique Council

---

1: The Critique Council members are in charge of the club if I am unavailable. They must inform me of all disciplinary orders while I am gone.

2: I may arrange CC meetings to discuss possible changes in the club. They have the right to deny any decisions I make during these meetings if a majority vote has said so.

3: If you are unable to make a meeting, inform me of this or I will assume you meant to be there,

4: If you are removed from the Critique Council for a reason you believe is wrong, you may appeal my decision by pm or IRC.

5: If you wish to resign from the CC, pm me your reason. I may only lessen your responsibilities if it is an applicable situation.

6: If you give ineffective critiques repeatedly on this council, you will face a removal trial via IRC.

7: If you use your post content priviledges wrongfully, you may face an IRC removal trial.

8: Short or incomplete critiques will result in an IRC removal trial. (See Post Content Regulations)

[spoiler=[b]Art Form Category Regulations[/b]]

Article 1: General Rules

---

1: Join and fill out any application under the art form you are most skilled at.

2: You are always welcome to put things in your box that aren't your primary art form.

Article 2: Imagery

If you are most skilled at the following, you should join as an Imager.

---

1: Graphics Effects and Design

2: Photomanipulation

3: Photography

4: Videography

5: Three-Dimensional Design

Article 3: Perception

If you are most skilled at the following, you should join as a Perceptionist.

---

1: Hand-Drawing

2: Photoshop or GIMP Drawing

3: Custom Pentooling

4: Spriting

5: Sprite or Pivot Animation

Article 4: Literature

If you are most skilled at the following, you should join as a Writer.

---

1: Songwriting

2: Poetry

3: Original Story Writing

4: Fan Fiction

5: Screenwriting

6: Card Making

Article 5: Programming

If you are most skilled at the following, you should join as a Programmer.

---

1: Game Developing

2: Application Scripting

3: IRC Bot Scripting

4: HTML or CSS

5: PHP Code

6: Emulator Reprogramming or Hacking

Article 6: Distinguishments

---

1: Imagery is generally custom or applied use of graphic design or pictoral technology.

2: Perception is generally completely original thoughts applied with drawing skills.

3: Literature is generally the use of literary knowledge to create writing works.

4: Programming is generally the use of programming languages to create applications, websites, or video games.

5: If you are still unsure of which art form you fall under, pm me with your best type of work, and I'll assign you under an art form I see fit.

[spoiler=[b]Discipline Regulations[/b]]

Here in the Grand Crest, we discipline by simple reprimands, and in worse cases, IRC trials.

1: You will be reprimanded for an occasional, single offense.

2: Frequent offenses will result in a pm from me or a trial by IRC.

3: If you fail to attend a trial, you will be automatically removed from the Grand Crest.

4: After being removed, you may not rejoin.

If you have any questions regarding discipline, pm me.

[spoiler=[b]Frequent Activity Regulations[/b]]

Here in the Grand Crest, you cannot simply join and not post here. We have strict regulations on frequent activity in the club.

1: I expect a post from you once every seven days at the very least.

2: Inability to do this will result in a pm. If I receive no reply, or good excuse, you shall be removed from the club.

3: You have an opportunity to rejoin two weeks after being banned for this offense.

4: Make sure you inform me during times you are unable to post or before leaves from home or YCM. Otherwise, you will be treated as a normal member.

5: If you fail to participate in events involving voting, such as the Crest Awards, there will be a consequence of some sort.

6: If you fail to participate in an event such as a contest, this does not result in a consequence.

7: After resigning, you may reapply to join. If you leave YCM and I know, your box will stay where it is, and not be frozen or resigned.

[spoiler=[b]What Are Boxes?[/b]]

A great thing about joining here is you have the priviledge to your own box to show a collection of your favorite original works made by you.

Box Rules:

1: To have something added to your box, pm the work to me and ask me to add it to your box. Also, tell me your box ID number.

2: If you post something to have added to your box, it will be ignored by me.

3: Obviously, no innapropriate things go in your box.

4: Any type of art may go in your box, but I would prefer you only add your primary art form in.

5: I have the right to use any art in your box in special events to award you in, such as a "Work of the Week" section.

6: To change the section of your box or change information in it, pm me. Do not post below to ask.

If you have any questions regarding boxes, pm me. Do not post them below.

---Registrations: 19---

[spoiler=[b]Apex 1: Imagery[/b]]

[spoiler=A]

[spoiler=M]

[spoiler=AM-001]

- Catman

003-Veteran.png

Primary Art Form: Imagery

Specific Art Form: GFX

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-002]

Kuro no Keiyakushu

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-003]

Läufer

003-Veteran.png

Specific Art Form: Simple Design

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-004]

Haze

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-005]

Masked Killer

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-006]

Ĩ¢ε

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-007]

Lua

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-008]

Kira Kills

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-009]

Rozsudek

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

devestator.png

[spoiler=AM-010]

Shadow Red

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-011]

Smeargle

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-012]

.:King of the Mountain:.

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-013]

Machop

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=AM-014]

Nígh₮ ฬαŁkεЯ

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=F]

[spoiler=AF-001]

.:~WhiteTiger~:.

003-Veteran.png

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=O]

[spoiler=[b]Apex 2: Perception[/b]]

[spoiler=B]

[spoiler=M]

[spoiler=BM-001]

Ģค๓blє

003-Veteran.png

Primary Art Form: Perception

Specific Art Form: Spriting

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=F]

[spoiler=O]

[spoiler=[b]Apex 3: Literature[/b]]

[spoiler=C]

[spoiler=M]

[spoiler=CM-001]

Łεσ™

003-Veteran.png

Primary Art Form: Literature

Specific Art Form: Card Making

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=CM-002]

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

003-Veteran.png

Specific Art Form: Card Making

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=CM-003]

KaiNine Kaisu

003-Veteran.png

Specific Art Form: Fiction Writing

[spoiler=Works]

[spoiler=F]

[spoiler=O]

[spoiler=[b]Apex 4: Programming[/b]]

[spoiler=D]

[spoiler=M]

[spoiler=F]

[spoiler=O]

---

[spoiler=[b]Apex A: Resigned[/b]]

[spoiler=[b]Apex B: Frozen[/b]]

[spoiler=[b]Crest Badges[/b]]

Crest Badges are simple badges found in your box that signify something you've done here. Below are the current possible badges you can earn and their ID numbers.

[spoiler=#001]

001-Critique Council.png

Critique Council Badge

This Crest Badge will be added to your box if you are a current member of the Critique Council. This badge is removed if you resign from or are removed from the Critique Council.

[spoiler=#002]

002-Former Critique Council Member.png

Former Critique Council Member Badge

This Crest Badge will be added to your box if you were at one time on the Critique Council.

[spoiler=#003]

003-Veteran.png

Veteran Badge

This Crest Badge will be added to your box if you were a member of this club before conversion from SCGC.

[spoiler=[b]CIRCA[/b]]

CIRCA: Crest Internet Relay Chat Adversary

Every now and then, I will hold a CIRCA on the IRC. Winning this could get you a Crest Badge or another prize of any kind.

[spoiler=[b]IRC Channel[/b]]

If you have read above or below of me using the word IRC, this is what I mean. You must click the below link to go to the CIRCAtrium Internet Relay Chat channel.

#CIRCAtrium IRC Channel on EsperNet

The chat client linked to there is Mibbit, but you may use others such as mIRC if you have them and are used to them. Remember: The server is EsperNet and the channel is #CIRCAtrium.

[spoiler=[b]SCGC: Our Unforgettable Heritage[/b]]

This is in memory of the old SCGC, which was the great beginning of the Grand Crest. Due to formatting issues, I cannot preserve the first post easily, so I'm afraid you have to deal with this simple tribute.

newlogo.png

Only those who are most loyal and long-affililiated to the SCGC name will know its history.

[spoiler=[b]Crest Awards[/b]]

At the beginning of every season, we shall hold a quarterly Crest Awards. This event will consist of several awards to be won by our club members.

[/align]

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nickname for Club: HR or >>HR<<

Gender (Optional): Male

Favorite Color (Text Color for ID): Black, Gold or Silver

Any Other Details?: I use GIMP v2.6 to make things like Holo Pics, Simple Banners,etc. I will join Club Contests just not YVD Tournaments.

The reason I want to join this club is to learn about GFX since, at the current time, I suck at GFX.

All ID's have been added to the list. Also, Catman I made your gender cat! :) Just look!

Also, here's your first...

SCGC TIP:

To boost your status, you can do the following things:

-Join contests and tournaments.

-Talk here frequently.

-Have seniority.

-Do important things, like helping others a lot or being the first member.

Cool. I don't know if I could do that good. :) By the way, as a comment to your other signature. A long time ago, Eminem was a chaperone for a field trip I went on. I talked to him. His daughter's in my grade, at my school. I'm from Michigan, obviously. :D I rate the one you posted 8.5/10. :)

Archived