District 9 (What do you expect)

crimsonwendy

I've mostly heard really good things about it so I really want to go and check this out.

Sadly I'm still 2 months off from being 17 and even if I may look like it, if they ask for ID they can be asses and not let me in. It also sucks that I really don't have anyone to go with.

Meh, if anything i'll pick uo the DVD.

Not really a "humans are total bastards" but it is a commentary on social issues, primarily racism and intolerance

I've been waiting for this movie for a long time and really expect quite a bit from it.

Reviews have been great for the most part, but the few negative reviews I've seen all had points that were rather rediculous or the person making up stuff to try and become popular.

So you might actually might be giving this movie a good review? Can't wait.

A couple of my brother's friends are catching the midnight premiere of this.

I just might ^^'

I'm actually gonna see it sometime early afternoon tomorrow so I've got a shot at not being in a packed theater

EDIT (Since I don't wanna double post):

Movie kicked some great ass. Everything fit together just right. Acting was top notch on all parts, very good choices in actors without bringing in any over hyped big names. Story was just amazing, everything flowed together and made perfect sense in their order; some times it seemed repetitive or slow but the way it was done was really fitting. The short time of action was done a little excessively for such a short time but it just fit the movie so well. Cinematography fit the scenery and moods perfectly, going in for some closer shots and angles that really showed everything going on in the best manners possible. The soundtrack even brought out everything to get you really feeling everything. The social commentary behind the whole thing was just a little bit over-the-top but it did truly show how far we would go in our prejudice in a very accurate portrayal. And the ending was just flat out amazing.

I just might ^^'

I'm actually gonna see it sometime early afternoon tomorrow so I've got a shot at not being in a packed theater

EDIT (Since I don't wanna double post):

Movie kicked some great ass. Everything fit together just right. Acting was top notch on all parts, very good choices in actors without bringing in any over hyped big names. Story was just amazing, everything flowed together and made perfect sense in their order; some times it seemed repetitive or slow but the way it was done was really fitting. The short time of action was done a little excessively for such a short time but it just fit the movie so well. Cinematography fit the scenery and moods perfectly, going in for some closer shots and angles that really showed everything going on in the best manners possible. The soundtrack even brought out everything to get you really feeling everything. The social commentary behind the whole thing was just a little bit over-the-top but it did truly show how far we would go in our prejudice in a very accurate portrayal. And the ending was just flat out amazing.

Yeah you are right on so many levels. Nothing more I need to add.

I had mixed feelings about the trailer. At first glance, it looked like one of those terrible "humans suck" moral type of movies that would bash their "humans suck" message into you at EVER SINGLE POINT OF THE MOVIE. But then the trailer progressed to aliens blowing the sheet out of humans, and I became confused as to whether the aliens were the victims or not.

But overall, I've only heard positive things about this. I may see it once it hits shelves.

It's set in modern times, the aliens came "28 years ago" meaning back in 1981, when Apartheid was still in effect in South Africa (which may, or may not account for the segregation of the aliens...)

And You're an idiot, Depending on how old You are, and how Your health is, You'll most likely be alive in 11 years all those theories about the world ending on December 21st 2012 are a load of bullshit.

Oh, and this movie was great, I don't see why You didn't like it.

Archived