Judgment Dragon: Discussion

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

Eh' date=' limit JD then there's no problem. I don't want to see JD banned so... >.>

[/quote']

Limiting it won't solve the problem. It will just make it more lucksack than it already is.

That's not a bad thing.

You're joking, right? Seriously, how is it not a bad thing?

Eh' date=' limit JD then there's no problem. I don't want to see JD banned so... >.>

[/quote']

Limiting it won't solve the problem. It will just make it more lucksack than it already is.

That's not a bad thing.

Well youre speaking of the unluck vs. luck ratio, because you only have to worry about 1 Judgment. Unless I'm missing something.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

That's not a bad thing.

Well youre speaking of the unluck vs. luck ratio, because you only have to worry about 1 Judgment. Unless I'm missing something.

No, I'm saying that, at 1, instead of being something you expect to run into and therefor can conceivably counter, it is something you cannot expect, even with more than 4 Lightsworn in the Graveyard, and therefor cannot really be effectively countered. 0 is the only place for a card such as Judgment Dragon.

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except by removing from play 4 lightsworn monsters in your graveyard with different names. Once per turn, you can destroy 5 cards on the field and decrease the attack of all lightsworn monster you control by 1000. During your end phase send the top 4 cards of your deck to the graveyard.

would this work?

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. this card cannot be special summoned unless there are 6 or more Lightsworn monsters in your graveyard. You cannot normal summon or set the same turn you special summon this card. When this card is special summoned place 1 counter on this card for each Lightsworn monster in your graveyard. You can remove from play all Lightsworn monsters in your graveyard to destroy all cards on the field. When this card is removed from the field send 1 card from the top of your deck to the graveyard for each counter on this card.

balenced? broken?

Broken =/= Overpowered.

Overpowered means it's innovative and powerful within it's own abilities. Broken means nomatter what' date=' as soon at it hits the field, there is nothing you can do.

[/quote']

I think you sir are the one who got the two terms confused.

OT: Everyone realizes that more LS are coming out in Absolute Powerforce correct? Either that or the one after, I can't remember. Until those come out I don't think we can call LS dead without JD.

My friend made an LS deck but doesn't have JD so he runs Gragonith with triple Celestia. The deck runs fairly consistently and he also has Blasting the Ruins teched since LS mill to 30 cards very quickly. He's won multiple times because of BtR. It isnt' perfect, but it's still a fairly good deck considering he's missing JD.

Broken =/= Overpowered.

Overpowered means it's innovative and powerful within it's own abilities. Broken means nomatter what' date=' as soon at it hits the field, there is nothing you can do.

[/quote']

OT: Everyone realizes that more LS are coming out in Absolute Powerforce correct? Either that or the one after, I can't remember. Until those come out I don't think we can call LS dead without JD.

My friend made an LS deck but doesn't have JD so he runs Gragonith with triple Celestia. The deck runs fairly consistently and he also has Blasting the Ruins teched since LS mill to 30 cards very quickly. He's won multiple times because of BtR. It isnt' perfect, but it's still a fairly good deck considering he's missing JD.

would be a MUCH cheaper alternative.

maybe this...

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. this card can only be special summoned by removing all "lightsworn" monsters in your graveyard. for each "lightsworn" monster you removed for the special summon of this card, place 1 Judgment Counter on this card. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects.

Remove 1 counter : increase this card's atk by 500

remove 5 counters : destroy all monster cards on the field, except this card.

remove 10 counters : destroy all cards on the field, except this card. this card cannot attack the turn it activates this effect.

thats a bit more balanced than it was.

I'll try,

My Nerf: Judgment Dragon

(Level 8/LIGHT/3000/2600)

[Dragon / Effect]

This card can be Special Summoned from your hand if you have 4 or more different "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all other cards on the field. You cannot declare an attack, Summon a monster or activate any other card effect during the turn you activate this effect. During the End Phase, send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Kinda bad.

@Topic: JD should be banned.

[/quote']

That's not a bad thing.

No, I'm saying that, at 1, instead of being something you expect to run into and therefor can conceivably counter, it is something you cannot expect, even with more than 4 Lightsworn in the Graveyard, and therefor cannot really be effectively countered. 0 is the only place for a card such as Judgment Dragon.

I can actually consistently say this would be good at 2. As long as the other player isn't DERPing with their deck they can handle a JD.

I've seen countless instances where people got angry because JD raped them in the face because they played like they didn't have to put up with JD.

They activated 2 Black Whirlwinds instead of keeping 1 in their hand for an emergency and started synchroing for all the big synchros. Then they ran over small monsters with their synchros with kalut. Judgment Dragon hits the field and nukes. They lost the duel because they could'nt recover from the field loss and got 3000 to the face.

Then on a different case, learning from their mistakes, said player activates 1 black whirlwind and does generic swarm. other player mills half their deck and DERPs Judgment Dragon. it nukes. next turn, the other black whirlwind is then activated, and JD is ran over by Sirocco + Kalut. Swarming insues again, and they are able to take game over Lightsworn.

It's all about not being a bad player when playing against lightsworn. Sure, they get their lolOTK hands where they mill with Charge/Recharge, get lumina to get lumina and wulf(s), then drop a JD and kill you, but that's just being unlucky.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

That's not a bad thing.

I can actually consistently say this would be good at 2. As long as the other player isn't DERPing with their deck they can handle a JD.

I've seen countless instances where people got angry because JD raped them in the face because they played like they didn't have to put up with JD.

They activated 2 Black Whirlwinds instead of keeping 1 in their hand for an emergency and started synchroing for all the big synchros. Then they ran over small monsters with their synchros with kalut. Judgment Dragon hits the field and nukes. They lost the duel because they could'nt recover from the field loss and got 3000 to the face.

Then on a different case, learning from their mistakes, said player activates 1 black whirlwind and does generic swarm. other player mills half their deck and DERPs Judgment Dragon. it nukes. next turn, the other black whirlwind is then activated, and JD is ran over by Sirocco + Kalut. Swarming insues again, and they are able to take game over Lightsworn.

It's all about not being a bad player when playing against lightsworn. Sure, they get their lolOTK hands where they mill with Charge/Recharge, get lumina to get lumina and wulf(s), then drop a JD and kill you, but that's just being unlucky.

The problem is that you shouldn't have to deal with JD. 1 card should NEVER dictate how players build and play their decks to the degree that Judgment Dragon/DAD do.

The problem is that you shouldn't have to deal with JD. 1 card should NEVER dictate how players build and play their decks to the degree that Judgment Dragon/DAD do.

Q4E

Broken =/= Overpowered.

[/quote']

would be a MUCH cheaper alternative.

maybe this...

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. this card can only be special summoned by removing all "lightsworn" monsters in your graveyard. for each "lightsworn" monster you removed for the special summon of this card, place 1 Judgment Counter on this card. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects.

Remove 1 counter : increase this card's atk by 500

remove 5 counters : destroy all monster cards on the field, except this card.

remove 10 counters : destroy all cards on the field, except this card. this card cannot attack the turn it activates this effect.

thats a bit more balanced than it was.

... That is fair yet still awesome and still gives OTK opportunities while not being OP. It's not perfect, but I like it.

[/quote']

That's not a bad thing.

Well, what could you possibly do to Judgment Dragon that wont break it, nerf it, or ban it?

Archived