Judgment Dragon: Discussion

Guest Chaos Pudding

fbfgir.png

Judgment Dragon

(Level 8/LIGHT/3000/2600)

[Dragon / Effect]

This card can be Special Summoned from your hand if your have 4 or more different "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard. If this card was Special Summoned by its effect, once per turn, you can send up to the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. If at least 1 of those cards was a "Lightsworn" monster, you can destroy 1 card on the field and randomly discard 1 card from your opponent's hand.

Seems more balanced to me. Discuss this and other possible balanced effects. Oh, and maybe discuss the card and the Lightsworn archetype in general.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno about everyone else' date=' but that JD errata sounds like a pretty bad card to me, aside from the free 3000 ATK beater. I'd personally just make its summoning conditions and costs more reasonable.

[/quote']

Also the new effect would hit a place where the original cannot, the hand, where counter methods for this lies

The "New Version" would definitely please me, as JD is too overpowered, and should be limited IMO...

Also...

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card' date=' "End of the World". [b']You can pay 2000 Life Points to destroy all cards on the field, except this card.[/b]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having 4 or more "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. You can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all other cards on the field. During each of your End Phases' date=' send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.[/quote']

Wonder where they got his effect idea from.....[/sarcasm]

Nice nerf Chaos. Here's mine.

"You cannot Normal Summon, Flip Summon, or Special Summon non-"Lightsworn" monsters during the turn you Special Summon this card. This card can be Special Summoned from your hand during the End Phase of a turn in which 5 or more cards were sent your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard 2 cards to destroy all Set cards on the field OR all face-up DARK monsters on the field. Your opponent can discard 3 cards to negate this effect."

Now you can use it in Dragons too by Special Summoning it with Future Fusion, or practically anywhere you want. It's Special Summoned at an awkward time now, has a weaker effect with a harder-to-fulfill cost, and can be negated. It's still very good though, and still makes a fearsome boss monster for LS. And it can be Normal Summoned too.

More splashable and not as deadly as the original. Can be SS'd by REDMD too, but you can't Summon during the turn you do. ;D

Would love to see JD in Dragons, just feels right. Oh, and I'd like to see more LS-Dragon hybrid Decks.

JD is too overpowered' date=' and should be limited IMO...

[/quote']

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

why shouldnt it be limited its a start?

also you people are changing its effect totally

if you justt changed the numbers to 5 and 2000 things would be fine

or once per turn even

Limiting promotes luck over skill, not to mention the fact that JD and even Demise's benefits heavily outweigh their costs. All "Once per turn" really does is prevent the interference of Scapegoat and similar cards which didn't do so already, so it's not enough of a restriction.

Guest Chaos Pudding

That would eliminate the OTK. Maybe change it to destroy 1 card on the field for each lightsworn sent to the grave instead of just 1.

What's wrong with eliminating the OTK?

That would eliminate the OTK. Maybe change it to destroy 1 card on the field for each lightsworn sent to the grave instead of just 1.

There is a good chance that it would destroy most of your opponents cards, without destroying its controller's cards. That could become more abusive than the effect is now.

What's wrong with eliminating the OTK?

Eh... Just that I like LS and don't like to see it being nerfed so much >.>

There is a good chance that it would destroy most of your opponents cards' date=' without destroying its controller's cards. That could become more abusive than the effect is now.

[/quote']

Good point. Maybe... for each LS sent to the grave you pay 500 life points and discard 1 card to destroy 1 card on the field? That sounds good to me.

"This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except while there are 5 or more lightsworn monsters in your graveyard with different names. Once per turn you can send the top 7 cards of your deck to the graveyard to destroy all other cards on the field, only this card can declare an attack during a turn in which you activate this effect. During your end phase send the top 3 cards of your deck to the graveyard."

Original = Broken

New Version = Not as Broken

Supposedly, ive heard that JD, Honest and Charge (of the Light Brigade) are getting Limited to 1. which does restrict lightsworns.

A Normal Effect for JD

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summon except while there are 5 or more "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard with different names. Once per turn, you can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to destroy 1 card on the field. If any "Lightsworn" monsters were sent to the Graveyard with this effect, you can pay 500 Life Points to destroy 1 more card. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can return 7 "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard to your Deck to destroy all cards on the field.

JD should be like this:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned, except from your hand while you have exactly 7 "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. This card cannot activate its effects the turn it is Special Summoned. By paying 1000 Life Points, activate one of the following effects:

● Send all "Lightsworn" monsters you control to the Graveyard; this card gains 1000 ATK for each card sent. You can activate this effect during either player's turn.

● You can remove from play all "Lightsworn" Monster Cards in your Graveyard to destroy all cards on the field.

;D

Judgment Dragon is... cheap' date=' I'll admit it, but... without him, LS players can't really make a comeback after you Lightning Vortex them twice.

[/quote']

If you've been hit by 2 Lightning Vortexs you should't be allowed to make a comeback.

By the way' date=' I've noticed that WC09 uses Judgment Dragon a hell of a lot better than real players do... it's weird.

[/quote']

No they they don't.

By the way' date=' I've noticed that WC09 uses Judgment Dragon a hell of a lot better than real players do... it's weird.

[/quote']

The CPUs in WC 2009 will still special summon Jugdment Dragon even though you have Royal Oppression face up on the field and they will keep repeating it because they love to attack.

JD should be like this:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned' date=' except from your hand while you have exactly 7 "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. This card cannot activate its effects the turn it is Special Summoned. By paying 1000 Life Points, activate one of the following effects:

● Send all "Lightsworn" monsters you control to the Graveyard; this card gains 1000 ATK for each card sent. You can activate this effect during either player's turn.

● You can remove from play all "Lightsworn" Monster Cards in your Graveyard to destroy all cards on the field.

;D

[/quote']

That's just like rainbow dragon... but weaker. You killed it :(

Archived