♥Łövëły Archithan♥ The Beasts of Your Demise

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archithans Archetype Review

Vicious Archithans

these monsters have a great Lockdown strategy when it comes to Summoning. They all have decent stats and can really screw your opponent over. Why? Well a majority of Decks use Monsters somehow, someway (whether it's Burn, Mill, or just a simple One Turn Kill or First Turn Kill) to win the Duel. Only very few Decks can win a Duel using just their Spells and Traps. This part of the Archetype however, can screw over a majority of the Decks out there. One fatal fatal flaw in this part of the Archetype though, is that 2 Cards can kill this instantly. Royal Oppression and Imperial Iron Wall, but most likely Imperial Iron Wall. This shuts down the 'can only be Special Summoned in the removed from play zone' part they have going on, but if not, Royal Oppression can do the job quite well also, even though seeing this looks like the Type of cards that can swarm like hell has gone loose, the times you choose to use Royal Oppression will have to be chosen wisely. There most likely will be cards that can help you get out of such a predicament though when I go in further on into the Set. I am reading the Set part by part just to let you know. This part of the Set so far though, although seems situational, definitely has the potential to be Tier 1, even though some of the cards may be overpowered (and might I add have some OCG errors), with the worst Tier of this being Tier 1.5 to be quite honest. Also, just like my Archetype, just by this small chunk of the whole archetype, even though it has a main concept, there are a bunch of additional mini-concepts that can be used with these monsters, such as Field Control and Burn.

Spell and Trap Cards

The Spells and Traps have standard help for the Archetype so far, but a good portion of them can benefit through remove from play Decks, one that instantly came to mind was Chaos, mainly because Chaos is my favorite Deck. Speaking of Chaos, by the looks of the Monsters so far, a good portion of them are LIGHT or DARK (excluding other Attributes), making this an ideal Archetype for a Chaos Deck, which I really like as well. Now back to business. Out of all of the Spells and Traps, very few stick out to me. Some are just basic support for helping to get those Vicious Archithans out, but others can work well for other beneficial reasons. Whether it's protecting them, some Life Point gain, or some beneficial Stat Power. And in some of these cards, it's quite nice how you made a drawback for something beneficial for the Archetype as well. The flow of all the support Spell and Traps for this Set is absolutely astounding. Some of the effects though rely on a certain amount of monsters, no matter where the monsters shall be, which can be somewhat of a worry or maybe the weakness of these Spells and Traps.

Ancient Archithans

This part of the Archetype kinda looks like the bosses of the Archetype. What disappoints me though, at Level 7 Spirit Monsters, some of their stats are just somewhat sad, however, their always is Honest to lighten up the party, no pun intended. They still have a chance to stay on the field and not get bounced back, but at extremely somewhat hard requirements to fulfill that cost, or costs. Whether it's a certain number of monsters have to be somewhere, or something else. They have a majority of somewhat unique effects and / or concepts. This part of the Archetype isn't that impressive as the previous cards I have rated, but if you would make an Archithan Deck based of off this part of the Archetype, it most likely will be Tier 2 in my opinion, clearly because if you can't fulfill those requirements, your pretty much seeing one of your macho monsters returning to the hand. This can easily be avoided by other tactics though I will add.

Archithans Species

I like the concept of this part of the Archetype. It reminds me off I believe a Set I had reviewed a long time ago, that had this tag in-out strategy. Some of these cards are odd, but odd = unique to me so, and to be quite honest (again), some of the cards here are outclassed by other cards in the same section, and I mean this throughout all of the parts of the Archetype I have reviewed so far. For example, look at the first 2 Archithan Species Monster Cards. I don't know about you, but I would rather run the second card then the first one in most cases. I mean seriously, better effect, better stats, all with the same tag in-out concept. Once again again, some of the 'drawbacks' can be used beneficially, which I like. this part of the Archetype reminds me off Lightsworns, seeing all of their main effects happen during the Main Phase, like how the Lightsworns have their Milling activate during the End. Making a Deck out of these cards alone, ignoring their main purpose to tag in-out for Vicious Archithans, look like they would be Tier 2 at most. Mainly because they look more fun then competitive to me.

Infernal Archithans

Thank god there are only a few of these. Out of all, of them, I'd say only 3 out of 4 of them I would use. I will not tell you the one I wouldn't use, mainly because I would use it, just not as much as the others, and because I feel like leaving you wondering about where you went wrong (I kid, I kid). With a decent amount of Gemini's now in the Archetype, this leaves room for some Gemini Cards in the TCG to be used to make some sort of Gemini / Archithan Deck using cards such as Gemini Spark, which can really give them a boost. They can also run cards such as Dark Armed Dragon with them being all DARK Attributed. One problem is, and this has been a problem with all Gemini's, is that their too slow to be ran in an actual Deck. They work well for supporting other Decks, but as a Deck alone, they are somewhat bad. A Deck with the concept of using these cards as the main purpose and the Archithans as support (vice-versa if you will, seeing as they were to be the supporters, not the supportee, yes that is not a word), would most like be Tier 3. Even though they make great support, there would be no way in my opinion they could stand up to Tier 1 or 1.5 Decks. Tier 2 perhaps though.

Seraphim Archithans

YES ANOTHER SHORT PART OF THE ARCHETYPE. This isn't a bad thing, just somewhat tired. A small chunk of these can be used in desperate times, such as the first two Extra Deck monsters of the Archetype, for a quick, yet helpful 1000 Life Point gain when the requirements are fulfilled. They also all have some sort of field control concept going on when again, certain (and in some of them, unique) requirements are fulfilled as well, which I really like, since field control is one of those things that can screw an opponent over and possibly give you the win in a Duel. Making a Archithan Deck relying on the Synchros as the win condition can be somewhat hard and risky to do, but can be quite competitive as well. Only problem is once again, Royal Oppression. Seeing around half of them can only be Special Summoned by Synchro and / or Fusion Summon (unless stated otherwise), once that Royal Oppression, or in this case, other cards such as Torrential Tribute and Bottomless Trap Hole come in play, those monsters are most likely gone for good. But like I also said earlier, you will most likely be prepared before doing this. A Deck relying on the Extra Deck is extremely somewhat unique, and in my opinion, using these Extra Deck monsters would be Tier 1.5, with them being possibly Tier 3 at the least.

Dimension Archithans

WHOOOO MORE SHORTNESS. New sub-type eh? This better be worth it. The effect of removing from play monsters whenever there attacked makes great for stalling Decks. They also can work quite well outside of their main effect. Whether it's protecting other monsters with the same concept, as if they were transferring their abilities to another of it's kind, or whether it's for a simple, but really really small mill engine. Not much to say here with only 3 cards, but it would be easy fitting this into a Deck as the main part or just as support. A Deck based around these cards in my opinion, would best work for stall, and would most likely be Tier 2 on the cards alone.

Set Specials

To be added

Indirect Support

To be added

O.O Woot! <3 Anbu! You rox! Thanks! D: i'm suspenefully waiting your next reviews @.@!

Spells and Trap Cards Review has been added. I have 1 hour left, which most likely isn't enough to review the remaining 6 parts of this Archetype / Set, which by an estimation, the 1 hour will only give me time to do maybe 2-3 more Reviews.

--Edit-- Ancient Archithans Review Added

--Edit-- Archithan Species Review Added

Well, that pretty much sums up half of the Archetype. I will most likely do the rest tomorrow. Also, if it wouldn't be a bother, it'd be nice to give some CnC on my Signature Set as well It'd be gladly appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived