Draw vs Search

Some people I know were arguing about this, and I wanted to get different opinions about the subject. Is it better to draw more cards and refresh your hand (I.E. Allure of Darkness), or better to have a search card which guarentee's what card you are getting from your deck(I.E. E-Emergency Call.) This is excluding Morphing Jar, since it obviously provides more advantage than most other searches. Please give a reason as to why you choose one over the other.

Some searchers are better than some draw cards, some draw cards are better than some searchers.

It's like saying, "do you want to lower your opponent's monster's ATK or increase your own monster's ATK", they are two things with similar objectives achieved in different ways.

If a card had the choice between "draw 1 card" and "add 1 "x" card from your Deck to your hand", then the second option is clearly better because the first is the same but without the power to choose, but search cards tend to have bigger drawbacks. For example, look at Golden Sarco against Upstart Goblin, Upstart gives the card intimidately, it's downside of 1000 LP advantage is small compared to the wait, but Sarco lets you get the exact card you want, making them playable in different Decks.

Would it be ok to now change the topic from a question of which is better to a question of What Searchers are actually available? It seems the first question has already been answered and I don't feel like starting a new thread =/

Apart from Gold Sarc and DDC, what other searchers are there?

Would it be ok to now change the topic from a question of which is better to a question of What Searchers are actually available? It seems the first question has already been answered and I don't feel like starting a new thread =/

Apart from Gold Sarc and DDC' date=' what other searchers are there?

[/quote']

A Cat of Ill Omen, Ancient Gear Drill, Archetype-specific searchers, Type-specific searchers, Attribute-specific searchers.

Clearly, you were kidding... right?

[/quote']

A Cat of Ill Omen, Ancient Gear Drill, Archetype-specific searchers, Type-specific searchers, Attribute-specific searchers.

Honestly, no =/ I don't play searchers often, I don't really have any. I usually just draw. You know, Trade-In, Allure, Destiny Draw and such

[/quote']

Honestly, no =/ I don't play searchers often, I don't really have any. I usually just draw. You know, Trade-In, Allure, Destiny Draw and such

Well, the important fact here is that there are more, and they tend to cost less, than draw cards.

I search to thin and get what I can and then draw to have a higher chance of getting what I need. Seeing as this is what most meta decks do, I think it is a safe bet to say, this is one of the better strats to make a consistent and fast deck. But alas, it all depends on the deck you run. Zombies run meta like, so you can run it like meta, where as Gadgets usually don't, they prefer searchers to gain and keep hand advantage, especially if they run Trag

Archived