Yu-Gi-Oh! DA, Book One; The Phantom Seal. TEMPORARY HIATUS

legendhiro

What do you think of this fanfic?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this fanfic?

• I have not read your last fanfic, and I won't read this one. It sucks.
    • I have not read your last fanfic, but this one seems awesome!
    • I have read your last fanfic, and this one doesn't live up.
    • I have read your last fanfic, and this one is just as good. Love it!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally its ready...

[spoiler=Chapter Seven]

The Spell Counter Army

“It’s my turn again,” my opponent said, drawing his next card.

I smiled a bit and reminded myself, Just because this guy’s confident, it doesn’t mean he’s better than I am. I can’t let him shake me.

“I summon,” my opponent declared, “the sorceress, ‘Magical Exemplar’.” A young woman in a pale green dress appeared, glowing in the light of the magnificent golden ‘Citadel’ (ATK: 1700). “’Magical Exemplar’ gains two Spell Counters each time a Spell card is played. So I play ‘Spell Power Grasp’.” He raised his hand up above his head, and a glowing orb appeared in the air above his palm. “This card lets me create a Spell Counter and place it on any card I choose. A card like ‘Magical Citadel’. And because of ‘Citadel’’s and ‘Exemplar’’s effects, three more Spell Counters are created as well.” The original Spell Counter rose into the air and split into four. Two joined the orbs already circling the ‘Citadel’’s tower overhead, and two lowered and hung in the air above ‘Magical Exemplar’. “I also get to add another ‘Spell Power Grasp’ to my hand, even though I can’t activate it this turn.

“Next,” my opponent declared, “I move the second of three Spell Counters from my ‘Pitch-Black Power Stone’ to ‘Exemplar’ as well.”

A black crystal orb emerged from the Trap card and produced another Spell Counter before disappearing back into the Trap card from which it came. This new Spell Counter floated toward ‘Exemplar’, joining the other two.

“Finally,” my opponent declared, “I play ‘Pot of Greed’, letting me draw two cards, and producing three more Spell Counters; one for ‘Citadel’, and two for ‘Exemplar’.”

A third Spell Counter appeared, joining the ones already floating among the runes of light circling the ‘Citadel’. ‘Exemplar’ cupped her hands, and two more Spell Counters appeared in her palms, rising into the air to join the ones circling her as well.

I frowned, This guy’s building Spell Counters for a reason. What is he planning?

It wasn’t long before my silent question was answered.

“By removing five Spell Counters from ‘Exemplar’,” my opponent declared, “I can summon a Spellcaster from my hand whose level equals the number of Spell Counters removed.”

The five Spell Counters that hovered above ‘Exemplar’ came together, blossoming out into an arcane circle.

“Come forth, ‘Magical Disenchanter’!”

From the circle emerged a second sorceress, wearing blue robes, carrying a staff.

“But my ‘Disenchanter’ won’t be around for long. She’s only a sacrifice. Activate ‘Magical Dimension’!”

A coffin-like box appeared, suspended in the air by a series of chains attached to a steel frame. The box opened, and ‘Disenchanter’ floated inside. The coffin closed, and there was a brilliant flash. When the coffin opened again, a new monster appeared, wearing armor resembling a sorcerer’s robes and carrying a sword.

“With the effect of ‘Magical Dimension’,” my opponent said, “I summon ‘Breaker the Magical Warrior’ (ATK: 1600), and I destroy any one monster.”

‘Breaker’ swung his sword as the coffin and frame faded away. His sword produced a wave of energy that split my ‘Twin-Sword Marauder’ in half.

This can’t be good…

“Now I change my ‘Defender’ to attack mode (ATK: 1600), and I attack,” my opponent declared. “Breaker attacks first. Attack with Magical Slash!”

‘Breaker’ swung his sword, unleashing a wave of light that seemed to cut the air as it powered toward me.

I smiled.

“Time to make your power work for me,” I said. “Reveal, face-down card ‘Mirror Force’, reflecting your attack back to destroy all of your monsters!”

A reflective barrier appeared ahead of me. It caught and dispersed ‘Breaker’’s attack, three bolts of light pouring from it toward my opponent’s three monsters.

“I can protect my monsters too,” my opponent said. As he spoke, the jewel embedded in defender’s shield flashed, and a barrier appeared around each of his monsters. “When I played ‘Magical Dimension’,” my opponent explained, “two new Spell Counters were given to ‘Exemplar’, and another Spell Counter was added to my ‘Citadel’, giving it six. I remove the two Counters from ‘Exemplar’ and the last Counter from my ‘Power Stone’, destroying ‘Power Stone’, to activate ‘Defender’’s effect and protect all three of my monsters.”

“No way,” I said as the reflected attacks were reflected by the barriers, “I didn’t know ‘Defender’’s effect could be used like that!” I smiled, “This duel is starting to get interesting.”

“Glad I could entertain you,” my opponent said, smiling as well.

My opponent’s enjoying himself just as much as I am, I thought. Even more interesting.

“You may have prevented one of my attacks,” my opponent said, “but I have two monsters left. I’ll skip the formalities and attack with both.”

‘Defender’ ran forward and slashed me with his dagger (8000-1600=6400). Moments later, ‘Exemplar’ summoned a green light into her hands and fired it at me, hitting me in the chest (6400-1700=4700).

Finally my opponent said, “I end my turn.”

I looked up at the ribbons of symbols swirling overhead, carrying six Spell Counters like driftwood in a river rapid.

Come on John, I thought, think. This guy is building up Spell Counters. Why?

I scowled, I can’t be sure of his strategy, except that his Spell Counters are important to it. I have to force him to use them up.

“I draw,” I declared. I looked at my newest card, Perfect! “I discard ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ to activate ‘Lightning Vortex’, destroying all of your face-up monsters.”

Now he’ll be forced to use up three more Counters saving his monsters.

But to my surprise, my opponent said, “No problem.” A moment later three bolts of lightning fell from the sky, vaporizing his monster. I was shocked, to say the least.

My opponent chuckled, saying, “Sorry, but I won’t let you get rid of my Spell Counters that easily. And don’t forget that your Spell gives my ‘Citadel’ another Spell Counter, for a grand total of seven.”

“Seven Spell Counters or not,” I said, “you have no monsters and no face-down cards. I summon ‘Stygian Street Patrol’.”

The demon appeared riding his white and black motorcycle (ATK: 1600).

“’Stygian Street Patrol’ attacks,” I declared, and the headlights on the motorcycle flashed, emitting beams that sliced my opponent along the torso (7200-1600=5600).

“That ends my turn. Now show me what you’ve been planning.”

“Not yet,” my opponent said. “I plan on beating you before I have to reveal my full strategy.”

“It won’t be easy,” I replied.

My opponent smiled and raised an eyebrow, “Maybe. Maybe not.

“I activate my second ‘Spell Power Grasp’, placing two more Spell Counters on my ‘Citadel’.”

My opponent held his hand up above his head, and two more Spell Counters formed, rising into the air to join the rest, making a total of nine.

“I search my deck for my third and final copy of ‘Spell Power Grasp’,” my opponent said, fanning out his deck and choosing a card. “Next I activate ‘Monster Reborn’, summoning ‘Breaker the Magical Warrior’ back from the Graveyard.”

A glowing red ankh appeared, blossoming out and becoming the armored ‘Breaker’.

“I tribute ‘Breaker’,” my opponent continued, “to summon my favorite card.”

‘Breaker’ glowed with a bright red light. He faded away, but the light didn’t. Within that light appeared a figure wearing angular crimson armor with golden trim on his shoulders, over crimson robes. He wore a golden armor helm, and he had a Spell-Counter-like crystal in the armor of each shoulder. In his right hand he carried a golden wizard’s staff with a crimson hook on the end, a red crystal suspended within it.

“Rise up,” my opponent said, “my ‘Dark Red Enchanter’!

“When ‘Enchanter’ is summoned,” my opponent continued, “he gains two Spell Counters, and for each Spell Counter, he gains three hundred Attack.”

Two Spell Counters appeared, absorbing into the crystals in ‘Dark Red’’s shoulders (ATK: 1700+600=2300).

“’Dark Red Enchanter’ attacks ‘Stygian Street Patrol’,” my opponent declared, “Crimson Magic Attack!”

Waves of red light poured from ‘Dark Red’’s staff-tip, slicing my monster to pieces (4700+1600-2300=4000).

“Now,” my opponent said, “I activate my ‘Dark Red Enchanter’’s effect, removing two Spell Counters from my ‘Citadel’ to pay the cost, destroying the last card in your hand.”

‘Dark Red’’s staff flared, and a hologram of the card in my hand appeared in the air ahead of me and was destroyed. I discarded my card, leaving me with absolutely nothing.

“Remember,” my opponent said, “even if you do manage to draw a good card, you can’t summon a monster stronger than ‘Dark Red’ without the use of a Spell card, and every Spell card played only makes him stronger.” He was smiling, his face full of confidence. His monster stood looking down at me, his arms crossed and his face stern.

This could be my last turn, I thought. This guy’s just as good as me. I’m forced to leave this entire duel up to chance. And if I lose again, my life as a Duelist is over! I can’t believe it!

I realized that despite my situation, I was smiling. I was enjoying the challenge. It was something that the overconfident me had forgotten ow to do. I’d become the kind of Duelist that I hated. The kind who would say that he enjoyed dueling, when he really only wanted to keep dueling to make himself look better in the eyes of others. Any duel that couldn’t help me achieve my goal seemed boring and pointless.

I looked over my shoulder at Karen and Thomas. Even Thomas seemed excited. They were both swept up in the exhilaration that came from going head to head against a skilled opponent.

This was what made dueling different from other games. This was what made dueling worthwhile. This was what I’d allowed myself to forget by becoming someone that I wasn’t.

But that was then. Now, I was myself again. I was a real Duelist. And I would continue to fight as a Duelist, even if it meant my defeat.

“I draw,” I declared, and as my card left its place atop my deck, I smiled. My will had been to continue fighting, and remarkably enough, my deck provided me with the means to do so.

“Let’s see if my luck has turned around as much as I think it has,” I said. “I play the Spell card ‘Card of Sanctity’. You may get a couple more Spell Counters and a few more cards (Enchanter’s ATK: 2300+300=2600), but I get a whole new hand, and a second chance.”

I drew, and I knew then that the duel was just beginning.

“I remove ‘Stygian Street Patrol’ in my Graveyard from play,” I declared, “to Special Summon a Fiend. A Fiend like ‘Djinn Presider of Rituals’.”

A bulbous-bodied fiend warrior in blue armor that didn’t cover nearly enough of his body to offer any protection appeared, carrying a short sword and a buckler (ATK: 1800).

“I tribute ‘Presider’ to summon my most powerful monster. The monster that defeated Yami. Arise,” ‘Presider’ melted into smoke, which reformed into the brown, skeletal demon with the spheres in his shoulders and his forehead, “the ‘Great Maju Garzett’! My monster has Attack equal to twice the Attack of the tributed monster (ATK: 1800x2=3600)!

“’Great Maju’,” I commanded, “destroy the ‘Dark Red Enchanter’ with Vile Energy Blast!”

‘Great Maju Garzett’ released a wave of dark energy that spread across the field. When the darkness faded, ‘Dark Red Enchanter’ was gone (5600+2600-3600=4600).

“This is a whole new game,” I said. “I place one card face-down and I end my turn.”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

400px-DarkRedEnchanterSDSC-EN-C-1E.jpg

"Dark Red Enchanter" is a monster capable of getting stronger with each passing turn, and destroying your opponent's hand. Its power is obvious.

Next Chapter Endymion, and the Truth of the Card Takers

John must face the most powerful monster that the Card Takers posses!

this is a message for all of my faithful readers. you know my writing style. you know me. those of you have read my Yu-Gi-Oh! fics know that i can write strategy. those of you who have read my Digimon fic know that i'm pretty good at writing action too. so i'm asking you, my readers, what would you like to see? what type of story would you like to see me write next (no specific animes, please. I want this one to be original)?

for some possible choices, think anime types/genres.

Woot these new chapters have rocked.

And' date=' woot Lightsworn and Dark Red Enchanter

I think you should try post apolypse, evil dictator over throwing, revolution thing. It involves a mix of strategy and action. Plus I always love a good rebellion.8)

[/quote']

i like this idea. i already have an idea that could work for it. of course, i'll have to give it my own spin...

but i'm still not 100%. more ideas. keep 'em comin'.

Woot these new chapters have rocked.

And' date=' woot Lightsworn and Dark Red Enchanter

I think you should try post apolypse, evil dictator over throwing, revolution thing. It involves a mix of strategy and action. Plus I always love a good rebellion.8)

[/quote']

i like this idea. i already have an idea that could work for it. of course, i'll have to give it my own spin...

but i'm still not 100%. more ideas. keep 'em comin'.

Give the evil dictator a German name.

Always works.

• 2 weeks later...

so, as i'm sure you've noticed, i haven't posted a chapter in awhile. don't worry, i will. i've had a lot on my plate, between my schooling, the flu (not the swine kind thank God!) and prepping for my next series. i just haven't had time. i've also decided to change a bit of the story in my other current fic, and i've been distracted by working that out. but like i said, no worries. a new chapter will be up very soon.

• 3 weeks later...

here is the chapter i promised. its almost on time too! sometimes i even impress myself. or at least disappoint myself less than usual...

[spoiler=Chapter Eight]

Endymion, and the Truth of the Card Takers

My opponent was smiling. At first I thought that he was still just enjoying the duel, but then I realized that it was something more. He saw my monster, and he wasn’t worried. In fact, it was almost as if the appearance of my monster had strengthened his resolve. After several seconds, my opponent took a deep breath and drew a card, giving him seven.

“You’re strong,” he said. “Stronger than I expected. As strong as I’d hoped. But I’m going to win regardless. I can’t lose. Not with my next card. Now, witness my full power!”

He raised a card over his head. The card shone with a brilliant light.

“I remove six of my Spell Counters from the Field Spell card ‘Magical Citadel of Endymion -.”

As he spoke, I looked up at the Counters swirling overhead. Something didn’t look right, so I counted, One…two…three…four……eleven? How?

“Wait,” I interrupted, “you should only have eight Spell Counters left. How do you have eleven?”

My opponent smiled, “When a card with Spell Counters on it is destroyed while I control ‘Citadel’, those Spell Counters move to my ‘Citadel’. My ‘Dark Red Enchanter’ had three Counters on him when he fell, and three added to eight is eleven. More than enough. I continue. I remove six Spell Counters from my ‘Citadel’ to summon my most powerful card. Appear, ‘Endymion, the Master Magician’!”

Six of the eleven Spell Counters formed a large circle that floated above my opponent’s head. The Spell Counters flashed, and they connected, forming a ring of light. Across the width of the ring formed a swirling vortex. From it emerged a monster unlike any I’d ever seen.

He wore thick robes, folded into layers, so dark purple that they looked black until the light hit them just right. He wore a helm with wing-ears, and a flowing purple cape. Then eleven points across his body, on his waste, arms and chest, and one on his forehead flashed, and on them appeared gleaming, glistening, crystal Spell Counters. He held up his hand and gripped the air, and in a flash of light a staff appeared in the wizard’s hand. The staff was tipped with yet another large Spell Counter, resting in a curved hook.

As the staff appeared, a metal ring appeared, hanging in the air behind ‘Endymion’’s back. On the ring were eight Spell Counters, equally spaced in an alternating pattern with eight triangular Spell Counter crests (ATK: 2700).

“When ‘Endymion’ is summoned by his own effect,” my opponent explained, “I can return a Spell card in my Graveyard to my hand.” A card ejected from his Graveyard. I had no way of knowing what it was.

“Now,” my opponent declared, “I activate my ‘Endymion’’s second effect. I discard a Spell card, like ‘Spell Power Grasp’, to destroy one card on the field. ‘Endymion’,” my opponent commanded, “destroy ‘Great Maju Garzett’!”

My opponent fed a card to his Graveyard, and ‘Endymion’ slashed with the tip of his staff, slinging a blade of light at the demon, slicing him to bits.

“Now I attack directly, Master’s Magic Attack!”

‘Endymion’ aimed his staff and released a blossoming wave of violet light. My Life Points plummeted (4000-2700=1300).

Well, I thought, that’s not good.

“I place two cards face-down,” my opponent concluded, “and I end my turn. You may have defeated my other monsters, but my ‘Endymion’ is unique. He won’t fall so easily.”

I drew a card, “We’ll see, because I’ve got an ace up my sleeve too. Meet a monster so controversial that I only summon it as a last resort. A monster so rare and so powerful that it is rightfully called a legend. I remove ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ and ‘Twin-Sword Marauder’ in my Graveyard from play to open the doors of chaos, where darkness and light meet. From that realm, I summon forth my ultimate trump card, the ‘Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning’!”

As I spoke, a swordsman in extravagant, shining black armor appeared, carrying a long curved blade and a shield bearing a symbol like a dragon’s head (ATK: 3000).

“My monster has an effect,” I said. “Once per turn, he can cut open the barrier between this dimension and the Different Dimension and send a monster through, out of play.”

My monster swung his sword, releasing a wave of light that literally cut open the sky above ‘Endymion’’s head. Slowly ‘Endymion’ was pulled toward this hole.

“I told you that my ‘Endymion’ would be difficult for you to kill,” my opponent countered, “and I meant it. Rather than let you defeat him, my monster sacrifices himself to activate the Spell card that I recovered; ‘Magical Dimension’!”

The metallic frame appeared, the coffin suspended within it. The coffin opened and ‘Endymion’ fell back into it. It slammed closed, remaining closed until the effect of my monster ended and the sky sealed up again.

“With the power of my Spell card,” my opponent continued, “I Special Summon ‘Apprentice Magician’ in defense mode and destroy your monster.”

A young man carrying a staff emerged from the coffin (DEF: 400), and the coffin disappeared. The young man raised his staff and my monster blew apart.

“Your ‘Endymion’ is gone,” I said, “and that’s what matters. I summon ‘Giant Orc’ and attack your monster.”

My monster, a giant gray-skinned, club-wielding goblin appeared (ATK: 2200) and lunged at ‘Apprentice Magician’, crushing him. Then my monster stumbled back and fell over, as if exhausted (DEF: 0).

“When ‘Apprentice Magician’ is destroyed,” my opponent said, fanning out his deck, “I get to pick a low level Spellcaster and set it on the field.”

He set his monster, and a hologram of his face-down monster card appeared.

“I set a card,” I said, “and I end my turn. Show me what you have left, if anything.”

“You only presume that I’m out of options because you haven’t seen the full power of my ‘Endymion’ yet.”

I was confused, What could he mean, “full extent of ‘Endymion’’s power”? I might not have destroyed ‘Endymion’ myself, but it’s gone, in the Graveyard, where it can’t use any of its effects. Isn’t it?

I was sure that ‘Endymion’ was gone, but I was in for a surprise. My opponent drew his next card and said, “Since I played ‘Magical Dimension’, my ‘Citadel’ has six Spell Counters on it again. I remove all of them to activate my ‘Endymion’’s final effect, summoning him back from the Graveyard!”

No way! I thought. The six Spell Counters formed a circle on the ground, and from within the circle ‘Endymion’ appeared. It was then that it finally clicked that ‘Endymion’, when combined with ‘Citadel’, was even more powerful that my ‘Black Luster Soldier’, and therefore stronger than any individual monster in my deck. All of my most powerful Monster cards were already used up, and if the Spellcaster face-down on my opponent’s field was the monster I thought it was, this duel could very well be over. I had two cards, but I needed both to win. If I was right and he destroyed one of my face-down cards with ‘Endymion’’s effect, I’d have a fifty-fifty shot of being left crippled. I was left waiting and watching, wondering what my opponent would do.

“When ‘Endymion’ is summoned by his own effect,” my opponent explained for the second time, “I can return a Spell in my Graveyard to my hand. I choose ‘Magical Dimension’. Next I flip-summon my ‘Old Vindictive Magician’, using his flip effect to destroy the ‘Orc’.”

An elderly, hunch-backed wizard in armor that resembled robes appeared. He slashed with his staff, and ‘Giant Orc’ was reduced to a cloud of thick black smoke.

Damn, I thought. He’s doing exactly what I was afraid he’d do. Fifty-fifty. Those are my chances. If he makes the right choice here, I loose.

“Now,” my opponent said, “I discard my ‘Magical Dimension’ to destroy the face-down card on the left.”

I breathed a relieved sigh and even as a white line appeared along the back of my card’s hologram, I called out, “Activate Trap card, ‘Waboku’. Even though my Trap is destroyed, it protects me from all damage this turn, buying me the time I need to turn this thing around and end this duel.”

Granted, I thought, that I draw the last card for my combo.

I drew. I didn’t get it. But I did get something almost as good.

“I play ‘Pot of Greed’,” I declared. I drew two cards, and I smiled.

“Reveal,” I declared, “the face-down Trap card ‘Return from the Different Dimension’. I pay half of my Life Points to re-summon every one of my monsters that have been removed from play.”

A rift appeared in the sky, and my ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’, ‘Twin-Sword Marauder’ and ‘Stygian Street Patrol’ emerged from it (ATK: 1500/ATK: 1600/ATK: 1600).

“Your monsters can’t beat me,” my opponent said. “Unlike some, I go for quality, not quantity.”

“Who said I was finished?” I asked, smiling a confident smile. “I play the Ritual Spell card ‘Contract with the Dark Master’, tributing ‘D.D. Warrior Lady’ and removing from play ‘Djinn Presider of Rituals’ in my Graveyard to summon the ‘Dark Master – Zorc’!”

A bare-chested demon wearing a blood red cape descended from above me, snarling menacingly (ATK: 2700).

“Once per turn,” I said, “my monster lets me roll a six-sided dice.”

I held up my palm, and I summoned shadows to me. They took form, becoming a dark purple dice with the sign of the Soul of Darkness, the moon overpowering and encircling the sun, in place of a one. I tossed it, and it skidded across the bridge, stopping inches from my opponent’s feet.

“A one,” he said, holding up the dice and showing me my sign. He tossed it back to me, “No big deal, right?”

I caught the dice and smiled, “Wrong. You see, my ‘Dark Master –Zorc’ isn’t exactly what you would call a Duel Monster. He’s actually a boss monster from the game Monster World, a tabletop RPG. In monster world, a dice roll determines the modifier to the character’s attack each turn. The lower the roll, the higher the modifier. Rolling a one right now is like rolling a Super Critical.”

‘Zorc’ summoned a ball of fiery red light and swirling darkness into his palms and rose into the air, above the two Spellcasters.

“’Zorc’,” I commanded, “destroy them, Zorc Black Magic, Dark Catastrophe!”

‘Zorc’ let fly with his special attack. The red and black energy blossomed out, vaporizing both of my opponent’s monsters.

“Now,” I said, “I attack with all three of my monsters.”

‘Marauder’ attacked, followed by ‘Stygian Street Patrol’, and then finally ‘Zorc’. My opponent’s Life Points fell to zero. He switched off his Duel Disk and walked over to stand near me. His friend followed. I got a good look at them both. The Lightsworn Duelist had sharp eyes and a generally neutral expression, with a thoughtfulness that seemed to hide just below the surface. My most recent opponent was more outwardly expressive. He had dark, intelligent, mischievous eyes and wore a confident smirk. He reached into his pocket and presented ‘The Fiend Megacyber’. I took it.

“Don’t worry,” he said, “we never really planned on keeping any of the cards we won. Once we’re finished here, we’re going to leave the cards where their owners will find them. That was always our plan.”

“We only bet cards,” the Lightsworn Duelist said, “so that we could bring out the best in our opponents.”

“And,” the Spell Counter Duelist continued, “so that we could draw you out.”

“Regardless of your motives,” I said, “you didn’t have the right.”

The Spell Counter Duelist smiled, “Maybe not. But that’s not something that’s for you to decide.”

I frowned. He did have a point.

“Fine,” I said, “but if you try this again, I’ll be there to make sure you’ll never try it a third time. And I will be paying attention. If you don’t return the cards you took, I’ll be back.”

Neither Duelist seemed all too worried, so I decided to give them something to worry about. I turned to my friends and said, “Let’s go.” My Soul of Darkness flashed, and the three of us disappeared.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Endymion%2CtheMasterMagicianSDSC-EN-UR.png

"Endymion" is a truly remarkable card, its only weakness being its reliance on the Field Spell "Magical Citadel of Endymion".

Next Chapter Ria, the Eccentric Girl

John encounters the only thing worse than world-threatening evil forces; a fangirl!

Archived