Back in the good ol' days.

After reading the the lolwiki for a bit, i found out that the very first year of yugioh there was 3 sets ( lob, mrd, and srl) and 4 starter decks, and that was it!

Now lets take time to just absorb how much fun yugioh must have been back then!

relinquished would have been a viable decktype, no otks! huge amounts of mass removal, 3 solemn?

So i propose a nice discussion of the very good days. =3

Also viable decktypes for the time back then too

obviously everydeck! would have had 3 "7 coloured fish" but aside from that a viable decktype i see would be uraby earth argrro or summoned skull beatdown

Kaiba's abridged deck was at an all time high at this point.

.....And what about Black Skull Dragon?

And any non-effect Fusion monster that had like 1800 or more ATK was main-decked.

Also, people would run the generic equips in 3s.

7-Colored Fish + 3x Axe of Dispair + Horn of the Unicorn + Black Pendant = game

oh good old days, It all depended on beatsticks and Traps, Trap hole was epic, Blue eyes white dragon was more epic than epic xD

The game was too slow,

if your opponent got something big out, then you defend, defend, defend, defend, until you get dark hole or Raigeki or mirror force out.

I love the old days more than this time

no otks!

ExodiatheForbiddenOneDB1-EN-UR-UE.jpg

And 3x Pot of Greed' date=' 3x Change of Heart, 3x Heavy Storm, 3x Snatch Steal, 3x Confiscation, 3x Delinquent Duo and 3x Cyber Jar does not equal fun.

[/quote']

There was always a limited list.

Exodia was 1, so was Pot, change of heart, heavy storm, raigeki, monster reborn, and dark hole.

MMM yeah!

Old Days Flip Troll could have domained the meta...

Cyber Jar

Fiber Jar

Morphing Jar 1 y 2

well the books became later but still

best of old days = Chaos....and Yata lock

Notable deck of old days:

Turtle OTK (Magical Sciencist+catapult)

Fairy Spam (this was played a lot here...Agents with TSitS)

Necrovalley lockdown...O_O well kinda lockdown...

Who didn't run Summoned Skull? One of the biggest, and certainly the most commonly seen threats, that also happened to be searchable by Witch. Hell, everything ran in a traditional beatdown deck was searchable by Witch.

Oh, and Man-Eater Bug. I ran 3's.

I even used Dragon Capture Jar. For a little while, it was worth running for the sole purpose of shutting down Blue-Eyes. Give your La Jinn an Axe and your opponent was screwed.

And when Jinzo popped up, we got our first beatstick with a game-breaking effect. Blame him for paving the road for CED, DAD, and JD.

Sweet nostalgia.

No one played Solemn back then because nothing was considered worth paying half your Life Points for back then.

This.

Solemn started seeing play when the Chaos monsters were released.

Solemn might have seen some but of play back then' date=' but people would only use it when they had no real ammount of lifepoints left, and pay like 200 to negate a Magic Jammer.

Hell, everything ran in a traditional beatdown deck was searchable by Witch.

Pretty much

Oh' date=' and Man-Eater Bug. I ran 3's.[/quote']

Man-Eater is a staple(back in the day...)

I even used Dragon Capture Jar. For a little while' date=' it was worth running for the sole purpose of shutting down Blue-Eyes. Give your La Jinn an Axe and your opponent was screwed.[/quote']

Becaue Blue Eyes was a Boss monster. Position changing effects were meta-game

And when Jinzo popped up' date=' we got our first beatstick with a game-breaking effect. Blame him for paving the road for CED, DAD, and JD.

[/quote']

And right away, Jinzo was limited to 1.

......And we had to wait until sometime in 08 for it to be semi-limited.

And then we had to wait even more for Light of Destruction, for Jinzo to finally become unlimited.

Man you people just LOVE me!

Its because Jinzo was the first ever "Game Breaking" card.

Knowing that everyone ran about 10-ish traps, Jinzo was a staple.

Fun-Fact: My first pack of Pharoah's Servent had a Secret Rare Jinzo in it.

...And even today, Arm still has said copy of Jinzo.

MMM yeah!

Old Days Flip Troll could have domained the meta...

Cyber Jar

Fiber Jar

Morphing Jar 1 y 2

well the books became later but still

best of old days = Chaos....and Yata lock

Notable deck of old days:

Turtle OTK (Magical Sciencist+catapult)

Fairy Spam (this was played a lot here...Agents with TSitS)

Necrovalley lockdown...O_O well kinda lockdown...

Wrong.

Necrovalley, Agents, Magical Scientist, and Fiber Jar did not exist in the days toni is refrerencing.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Personally, I don't think the game changed in any real sense until Jinzo came out. I mean, sure, you could argue that Heavy Storm had more of an impact, but you have to remember that, for the majority of us, MRD was the first set we had available to use. So it's kind of hard to change what hadn't even really begun yet.

I had 3 summoned skulls back in about 2003 or 2004 time, i just loved summoning summoned skull, i just want witch back, it would be awesome 8) (That was the time i used to use toons too).

Man you people just LOVE me!

Its because Jinzo was the first ever "Game Breaking" card.

Knowing that everyone ran about 10-ish traps' date=' Jinzo was a staple.

Fun-Fact: My first pack of Pharoah's Servent had a Secret Rare Jinzo in it.

...And even today, Arm still has said copy of Jinzo.

[/quote']

I saw jinzo in a yu-gi-oh episode when i was younger, when i saw it's effect, i shouted in joy that "I must get it!", next day, i find out my friend has -.-...

My first pack ever had blue eyes in there, starter deck kabia ftw ^^, my first ever booster pack had poly super rare in some pack, think it was LOD. I just loved summoning thousands dragon after that.

Archived