Can I get a complete set from buying an Entire Booster BOX?

I was wondering if its economically better to just buy a brand new sealed booster BOX. Will that ensure at least 1 complete set or is it just better to buy from some one who has an already complete set established for sale?

I'm not really into all those Holo's, Super Rares, yada, yada, yada, as long as I have atleast 1 of every card that exist in that specific set. That would be my goal.

Some insight would be much appreciated on how I should go about my completist attempt at collecting yugioh.

Guest PikaPerson01

I can just short of guarantee you never will. (Just short because there may be a ridiculous packaging error.)

To make this as short as possible, there's only 1 Secret Rare per box. (Odds may be lower, I don't recall.) The Duelist Genesis had 8 Secret Rares. You can try to buy 8 boxes, but... you'll just end up with a ridiculously high amount of useless commons, and you're not guaranteed any specific card when you buy it, not to mention something like that would cost about 500 American dollars, if you bought the booster boxes separately.

Your best bet would be to buy one box to get all the commons and rares, then going for individual holos off eBay.

I can just short of guarantee you never will. (Just short because there may be a ridiculous packaging error.)

To make this as short as possible' date=' there's only 1 Secret Rare per box. (Odds may be lower, I don't recall.) The Duelist Genesis had 8 Secret Rares. You can try to buy 8 boxes, but... you'll just end up with a ridiculously high amount of useless commons, and you're not guaranteed any specific card when you buy it, not to mention something like that would cost about 500 American dollars, if you bought the booster boxes separately.

Your best bet would be to buy one box to get all the commons and rares, then going for individual holos off eBay.

[/quote']

This. You will get evey common, and you'll get every rare unless youre unlucky. Secret's are best traded/bought off of ebay. become a smart trader and a smart buyer, it's not thathard to collect yu-gi-oh.

No, it's (totally) impossible. There are only 24 booster packs in any given booster box. At most you are only going to get 1 super-rare or higher in a pack (excluding packaging errors, which usually result in duplicates anyway). In any given set there will be about 10 super rares, 10 ultra rares, and 7-8 secret rares. 10+10+8=28. 28>24. So it would (theoretically) be possible to get an entire set in one booster box if each box contained 28 packs but unfortunately they do not...sorry.

The above scenario is possible if you are the luckiest yugioh player on the face of the earth and Konami makes the worst packaging error ever by putting 28 boosters in 1 box, with each booster containing a different holo card and a corresponding rare different from all the rest...

In short, buy the full set.

Guest PikaPerson01

1 case = 12 boxes.

Even then, it's still not a guarantee since some of the boxes may have the same secret rares. Also, it's about 500+ dollars.

No' date=' it's (totally) impossible. There are only 24 booster packs in any given booster box. At most you are only going to get 1 super-rare or higher in a pack (excluding packaging errors, which usually result in duplicates anyway). In any given set there will be about 10 super rares, 10 ultra rares, and 7-8 secret rares. 10+10+8=28. 28>24. So it would (theoretically) be possible to get an entire set in one booster box if each box contained 28 packs but unfortunately they do not...sorry.

The above scenario is possible if you are the luckiest yugioh player on the face of the earth and Konami makes the worst packaging error ever by putting 28 boosters in 1 box, with each booster containing a different holo card and a corresponding rare different from all the rest...

In short, buy the full set.

[/quote']

I remember buying a box that was 2 packs short. Can you scream FAIL?! And it was the set that PSZ came in. (Luckily i still pulled one.)

Guest Chaos Pudding

If you're only looking to get 1 of every card, it is almost always more cost effective to get singles instead of a box. Although, you could probably get away with buying a box, seeing what you didn't pull, and then get singles of the rest. You might get lucky and pull the money cards, and not worry about having to pay as much.

Archived