Savage Coloseum

Wait, Bestiari is still at 1? They haven't gotten around to fixing that yet?

At any rate, this card relies on being -1'd and is completely dead if you don't draw it at the same time as something that has RFG abilities, since otherwise Darius makes everything moot. Oh, and it also only works if the opponent can only field exactly one Gladiator Beast, since if they can field a second they can protect Bestiari by tagging out for Gyzarus. Oh, and it also only works if the opponent has no non-Bestiari forms of s/t removal - and a lack of such removal would make something like Deck Lockdown just as effective anyhow.

In fact, Deck Lockdown seems to be superior to this card in general.

The strategy is simple' date=' bait out beastiari and eliminate it. Its not a difficult concept to understand at all. And if Bestiari isn't brought out, the opponent is left to either not tag or to tag into defense until the passing turn.

[/quote']

Elaborate plox. I need card names' options.

What if Bestiary tags out for contact before that, knowing what you plan?

Agreed with Crab btw..

Crab has been dead on from the door. I would expect the best place for this card is beside Oppression and/or D Fissure/Macro. It creates a lock that punishes the deck for doing what it's supposed to do. Quite possibly another element to stall in terms of strategy.

Im simply running through the discussions I've been hearing and exploring the cards uses. I still stand by controlling your opponents actions; even if by only 1 turn is epic.

ITT: GB Darius doesn't exist.

ITP: GB Darius can revive removed monsters.

ITT: Removing a monster equals removing a monster from play. So Fissure = Monster Destruction = Card that removes a monster from play.

Look' date=' nobody said This was the best choice, its an eye opener, one I think will see play in a few side decks.

[/quote']

BEST ANTI GLAD CARD EVER

BEST ANTI GLAD CARD EVER

Card yes' date=' It forces the player to play differently. [u']No other card does[/u], the other cards simply negate and prevent and destroys. As a side deck choice, its always up to preference.

ProhibitionCP08-EN-SR-UE.jpg

Crab has been dead on from the door. I would expect the best place for this card is beside Oppression and/or D Fissure/Macro. It creates a lock that punishes the deck for doing what it's supposed to do. Quite possibly another element to stall in terms of strategy.

Im simply running through the discussions I've been hearing and exploring the cards uses. I still stand by controlling your opponents actions; even if by only 1 turn is epic.

Why Oppression? With Oppression' date=' you can block their tags and contacts anyhow; in fact, with Oppression out, the opponent will probably simply not tag since they'd just be turning their monsters into Ookazis, making this card do nothing at all. Macro does actually work, but that restricts this card to Macro decks, and a card that only works in the side deck of one not-terribly-strong deck can hardly be described as "BEST ANTI GLAD CARD EVER".

Limitedly controlling the opponent for one turn isn't epic; it's weak. All you're doing is slightly restricting the opponent's options for one turn; they can attack and not tag, attack and tag into Bestiari, attack and tag into Defense Position, and so on. In contrast, Threatening Roar gives the opponent only one option for their turn: don't attack and don't tag. That's [i']much[/i] more powerful control than this card can offer.

note how 7 words past the underline states "prevent"

Preventing someone from playing a card by removing it from play and preventing someone from playing a card by prohibiting it both have exactly the same effect: the opponent can't use the card in question and needs to work around that weakness. If you're going to call that minor a distinction significant, you may as well say that this card is special because it's the only card named "Savage Colosseum".

Archived