Yugioh in general

I know this sounds weird, but why is Yugioh so popular? I'm a devout player, and have a decent deck that wins most of the time, but I just can't figure out why I'm so addicted to the game. And do you guys think the prices of cards are reasonable, or should the price for every card be the same so the game is based more off the skill of the players rather than their income(I know this will never happen, this is just hypothetical).

GO GO GO!

I agree plus this game fuctions are easier to understand than the pokemon' date=' MTG, Street Fighter and Huntik card games >.>

[/quote']

:/

Pokemon is unbelievably simple.

MTG is probably the most simple TCG ever made.

Street Fighter (UFS) is incredibly complicated XD

Huntik is on the same level as Pokemon.

Yugioh is one of the single most complicated and hard to understand games ever made. Half the card effects don't even appear on the cards themselves... and have you ever read the rulebook??? I mean, it's small but it's bloody complicated as hell. THERE'S FUXING GRAPHS FFS!!!

I agree plus this game fuctions are easier to understand than the pokemon' date=' MTG, Street Fighter and Huntik card games >.>

[/quote']

Yugioh is one of the single most complicated and hard to understand games ever made. Half the card effects don't even appear on the cards themselves... and have you ever read the rulebook??? I mean, it's small but it's bloody complicated as hell. THERE'S FUXING GRAPHS FFS!!!

I ould have to agree with that. I know it's a lot more complicated and fast paced, but what is the main assiction factor associated with the game? Is it the card art, gameplay, or something entirely different?

I agree plus this game fuctions are easier to understand than the pokemon

lolcano.gif

Pokemon' date=' by far, is rediculously easy.

Its game mechanics are [i']ALOT[/i] easier to understand, and its games actually DO make it to turn #5.

On-Topic: Yugioh is serious business, and because of it, it created toruanemtns/because the top card game.

[/quote']

I agree with all but MTG, it's simple at it's core, but it can get mad confusing FAST if you don;t know every damn card. not to mention alot of abilites have "known" effects. like Trample, without a rule book, it's just "known" yugioh spells out piercing whenever it happens.

this game is addictive, the only card game that came close was MTG, but I disown it now, have you SEEN Zendikar? most broken, set, ever.

I never understood pokemon, then again i never read the game guide, i just collected the cards.

I have no idea how to play magic

I didnt even know their was a street fighter game

Yugioh is very simple at its core, but when you start getting into individual card rulings its enough to make you say "WTF THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL, KONAMI IS F***ING RETARDED!!!!"

But the game is fun, its addictive because of the though and strategy that goes into creating a fun and capable deck.

Pokemon u need so many energy cards i found that u ran out before you could play anything.

I was into yu-gi-oh' date=' cause it was the first card game i played, i played magic and it was pretty fun...

[/quote']

My Machamp Deck for Nats ran 11 Earth Enraegy's.

Don't make me laugh.

Yugioh is cool because it allows me to hang out with guys who can legally buy me strong alcohol.

I personally find MTG to be a more difficult to understand but better game than Yu-Gi-Oh!

I play Yu-Gi-Oh! because I don't have to update my card set to play in tournaments like in MTG, even though I don't play in tournaments in either game. Usually the only time I duel in Yu-Gi-Oh! is during the Sneak Previews.

But as to why I play Yu-Gi-Oh!, I really don't know. I guess it's because of the Aliens and their awesome strategy.

Pokemon u need so many energy cards i found that u ran out before you could play anything.

I was into yu-gi-oh' date=' cause it was the first card game i played, i played magic and it was pretty fun...

[/quote']

My Machamp Deck for Nats ran 11 Earth Enraegy's.

Don't make me laugh.

Yugioh is cool because it allows me to hang out with guys who can legally buy me strong alcohol.

I must have bad luck or something :?. i never draw the right cards. then again i did give up on the game in about a week.

How can you not draw the right cards? :/ In pokemon there's so much generic draw and search that you can easily deck yourself in the first few turns.

This is why i suck at the game that badly. I never draw the right cards and i never draw any draw cards, they are always at the bottom. :(.

How can you not draw the right cards? :/ In pokemon there's so much generic draw and search that you can easily deck yourself in the first few turns.

This is why i suck at the game that badly. I never draw the right cards and i never draw any draw cards' date=' they are always at the bottom. :(.

[/quote']Maybe you should try and get back into the game. If at first you don't suceed, try try again.

MTG has more innovating card effects, while YGO recycles card effects until they suck, or they are a Judgment Dragon.

YGO is limited in play because for some reason, only a max of 1-4 decks can be top tier, when it should be at least 10 or 20.

They just need to print nothing but good cards, in the highest rarities possible, but make them hellishly easy to get.

In magic you have that stupid funking banlist thing that says if you haven't played in 3 sets or something then all your cards are worthless and can't be played anymore. If you don't follow that banlist and instead play with every card ever created you're in a format worse than Trad Format in yugioh, cause there's decks that can generate mana before you've had your first turn and can cause a win condition before your first turn.

I have tried to quit Yu-Gi-Oh! a lot in the past and failed. So now I only play 3 games:

Yu-Gi-Oh!: fun game is fun.

MTG: Okay so i only just started to play this game but a lot of people in my high school play it.

Chaotic: This game rocks. It's the first TCG that you can play online and offline. i just recently obtained the entire DOP set.

In magic you have that stupid f***ing banlist thing that says if you haven't played in 3 sets or something then all your cards are worthless and can't be played anymore. If you don't follow that banlist and instead play with every card ever created you're in a format worse than Trad Format in yugioh' date=' cause there's decks that can generate mana before you've had your first turn and can cause a win condition before your first turn.

[/quote']

That's one of the reasons I don't play magic. Staying on top of it would be a bigger cash drain than this game is, and i'm already spending too much.

In magic you have that stupid f***ing banlist thing that says if you haven't played in 3 sets or something then all your cards are worthless and can't be played anymore. If you don't follow that banlist and instead play with every card ever created you're in a format worse than Trad Format in yugioh' date=' cause there's decks that can generate mana before you've had your first turn and can cause a win condition before your first turn.

[/quote']

That's one of the reasons I don't play magic. Staying on top of it would be a bigger cash drain than this game is, and i'm already spending too much.

Idd. Children's card games are so expensive that kids can't play them.

Archived