Fortune Lady Water - Ruling

Suppose you control "Fortune Lady Fire" and "Fortune Lady Light". If you activate "Magical Dimension" and Tribute "Fortune Lady Fire" to Special Summon "Fortune Lady Water" and then destroy "Fortune Lady Light"' date=' then afterwards only the effect of "Fortune Lady Light" will activate. The effect of "Fortune Lady Water" will not activate because you do not control "Fortune Lady Light" when the effect activates, even though you controlled "Fortune Lady Light" when "Fortune Lady Water" was Special Summoned[/quote']

For the effect "● You can remove from play this card and 1 face-up monster you control' date=' and draw 2 cards." of "Cyber Valley", you draw the cards after removing from play the monsters; the two do not occur simultaneously. Thus, if "Fortune Lady Light" is removed from play by the effect of "Cyber Valley", then afterwards you draw cards, so you miss the timing and cannot activate the effect of "Fortune Lady Light".[/quote']

So I was looking up the rules to my new fave archtype and I came across this and I'm a bit confused. Water's effect failed because she was the only lady out when he effect resolved correct? But lets say u chose to destory your opponent monster with magical dimensions effect, does Water's effect miss the timing because the two effect do not happen at the same time as in the case of the Cyber Valley/Fortune Lady Light situation?

Sigh...this is why we have so many arguments at my locals that usually ends with someone shouting "thats bulls***"...

So its pretty much the same ruling as DMoC? The only way to get Waters effect through summoning it with Magical Dimension is to choose not to destroy a monster?

Water is not the type of "loosing the timing", but I'm wondering about the wikia example..

Light will Special Summon another Fortune Lady so, water will not be alone before Light is destroyed, and won't be alone after Light brings something else. Is it too late in that case for water to do its effect?..

=/

Sigh...this is why we have so many arguments at my locals that usually ends with someone shouting "thats bulls***"...

So its pretty much the same ruling as DMoC? The only way to get Waters effect through summoning it with Magical Dimension is to choose not to destroy a monster?

Water is not the type of "loosing the timing"' date=' but I'm wondering about the wikia example..

Light will Special Summon another Fortune Lady so, water will not be alone before Light is destroyed, and won't be alone after Light brings something else. Is it too late in that case for water to do its effect?..

=/

[/quote']

Wiki has never been the best resource for help but bleh.

I've heard from many players that mandatory effects never miss the timing, so you should be able to draw even if your destroy your opp's monster using Magical Dimension....but that just seems to good to be legal, I mean come on I destroy your monster AND draw 2 cards....

I'm not too worried about Water then, but Light does loose the timing if done wrong.. :( I wish it didn't have the "you can" part.

As for the effect, its good but you need pretty much that specific Deck with that Specific setup, its an archtype support card.

You'll need some more Fortune Ladies and Spellcaster Support.

ok not that specific due to possible mixtures but its not as bad as Destiny Hero Disk Commander was xD

Its more common the move of:

I activate Future Visions and Normal Summon Light. She is removed from play and lets me bring Dark, then I destroy your monster with Dark and Special Summon Water with Dark's effect, drawing 2 cards and continue attacking, then activating Magical Dimension from hand during Battle Phase to Tribute Water and Special Summon another Water, draw 2 cards and continue attacking. Repeat until you can't. Then you either wait for Light to come back so that you can compulsory it and bring another Water/Dark. OR activate Fortune's Future to put her in the Grave and draw 2 more cards.

Its so awesome

Archived