Tragoedia

In tech-synchro decks this thing wreaks havoc.

........Tech-Synchro?

A Tech-Synchro deck is a based entirely around the ability to quickly get out synchros. For example, a zombie deck is going to use in order of importance 1.Zombie Monsters 2.Zombie Support 3.More Zombie Support 4.Synchros. A Tech-Synchro deck using zombies will use 1.Synchro Monsters 2.Tuners that allow you to summon said synchro monsters 3.Cards that allow you to quickly summon and use tuners to get synchro monsters. 4.Generic junk that protects your synchros.

A bit confusing I know.

ON TOPIC: This usually ends up clogging my hand in gadgets b/c gadgets prevent my opponent from giving me any damage anyway.

Arms' date=' how is gorz more broken than tragoedia???

[/quote']

Lets compare situations:

The Opponent just has 1 monster with 2000ATK, and nothing els. Not even a hand.

You have nothing on your field, and only 1 card in your hand.

Lifepoints are un-important.

[spoiler=Opponent attacks while you have Gorz]

Gorz is summoned, has 2700ATK, and you also get a Token with 2000ATK

[spoiler=Opponent attacks while you have Tragoedia]

Trado is Summoned, and has 0ATK. Nothing els

Obveiously the situations would be different if it were an actual duel, but you get the general idea.

Fun-Fact: Gorz wouldnt be in his limited state, if his ATK was something like 2400.

How could you say that Gorz is more situational than Trag? Trag is way more situational since it requires you to have a good hand, and set up if you want to steal opponents cards. Gorz is an instant 2700 beatstick >_>

But anyways, Trag is definietly awesome, especially when combined with Gadgets... makes a hell of a deck

How could you say that Gorz is more situational than Trag? Trag is way more situational since it requires you to have a good hand' date=' and set up if you want to steal opponents cards. Gorz is an instant 2700 beatstick >_>

[/quote']

... So you're gonna sit there and tell me that because gorz has more ATK, he's less situational!?

How could you say that Gorz is more situational than Trag? Trag is way more situational since it requires you to have a good hand' date=' and set up if you want to steal opponents cards. Gorz is an instant 2700 beatstick >_>

[/quote']

... So you're gonna sit there and tell me that because gorz has more ATK, he's less situational!?

Did you skip the first part of the post?

Trag is situational because for him to be of any use you need a good size hand, which means at least 3, and you need your opponent to have a monster at the same level as one you have in your hand.

Ok, but running trag in a deck with no hand ever is like putting crystal abundance in LS. It's stupid. If you know you won't have a hand don't run trag.

Plus, trag activates whenever you take damage. That alone makes him way more useable. PLUS, unlike gorz's rather situational, Sometimes-not-even-worth-it effects, trag's isn't easy but definitely worth it.

CAMAAAAAAAN!!!

Ok' date=' but running trag in a deck with no hand ever is like putting crystal abundance in LS. It's stupid. If you know you won't have a hand don't run trag.

[/quote']

The problem with that is most decks will run low on a hand in the first few turns. The only deck that can really keep a decent hand size is Gadgets. So this limits Trag to only be used at his best in there.

Plus' date=' trag activates whenever you take damage. That alone makes him way more useable. PLUS, unlike gorz's rather situational, Sometimes-not-even-worth-it effects, trag's isn't easy but definitely worth it.

CAMAAAAAAAN!!!

[/quote']

That doesn't make it more useable. It only lets him it the field more. Based on your above comment he is only really useable in decks that can keep a decent size hand, with that deck being Gadgets.

Trag isn't that worth it. Odds are he'll be gone in a turn and done nothing side from block an attack, which only helps if that attack would cost you the game. Even if he doesn't die you can't do much with him since odds he won't make a good beatstick, won't be able to use his monster steal effect (even if he did odds are you'll only get a level 4 monster which won't help), and change his level which only helps to Synchro which is situational.

Gorz on the other hand is always helpful when you get his effect off for the simple fact that yuo now have a 2700 ATK beatstick that can now go and kill all your opponent's monsters. Now you can swing the whole game to your favor since you can now have a monster your opponent can't get rid of.

Um' date=' there are pkenty of ways to rid gorz. Honest cackles in his face. So does that BW card. I forget. And TK Raioh l believe if his effect activates during DC.

And with no cards in field, possibly hand, how ever shall you defend yourself next turn?

[/quote']

Same goes for Trag. Just Groz is much harder to run over meaning their going to have to waste some form of monster removal on him.

You can attack. And assuming you have no hand it only makes things worse for Trag since at least with Groz you have a big beatstick.

Don't get me wrong Trag is a good card, but Groz is simply better.

Archived