Sangan: Too Slow?

omfg!

how can you say "too slow this meta" wtf is wrong with this site?

THIS IS NOT A FAST META!!!

THIS IS NOT TELEDAD FORMAT!!!

sangan is just as good as its always been' date=' i use it in nearly everydeck

it make an amazing first turn play as well as a decent late game move too

it can search pretty much ANYTHING useful

psz

goblin zombie

gale

battle searchers?

frog

cyber valley

lonefire

kalut

bestiari

test tiger

summoner monk

flamvell magical

also you say you wouldnt run this in zombies? by that logic you wouldnt run goblin zombie and thats integral

sometimes i wonder ycm, i really do...

[/quote']

Surprisingly, I agree with this guy.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mystic Tomato' date=' Pyramid Turtle, etc. do not force those choices upon you because of the prevalence of destruction effects.[/quote']

You're like, one format behind.

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=1070

Reevaluate your statement.

Certainly this format is far FAR more battle-based than then previous or for that matter than most formats have been for a very long time (thus leading to the viability of Tomato as a pick right now), it's not fair to say that destruction, or otherwise disposing, effects are not prevalent. They are, and they still manage to play a significant role in the meta. As such, Sangan remains a more reliable, though perhaps also lower impact, card.

Is he worth playing? I think so.

EMO

Anyways, just because you CAN use him effectively doesn't mean that he should be limited. As has already been said, there are often better substitutes in most decks.

And, again, he really isn't fast enough to run at 3 - just like Breaker.

I mean, for a day, we all freaked out when breaker was at 3 - but it's not like we have 4 MSTs now.

EMO

Anyways' date=' just because you CAN use him effectively doesn't mean that he should be limited. As has already been said, there are often better substitutes in most decks.

And, again, he really isn't fast enough to run at 3 - just like Breaker.

I mean, for a day, we all freaked out when breaker was at 3 - but it's not like we have 4 MSTs now.

[/quote']

It's not the actual use but the principle. Obviously having Breaker at one is pretty stupid, but it should be at 0, and having it at one, even if it supports an inherently flawed principle, it the next best thing.

Archived