Sangan: Too Slow?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No' date=' he shouldn't be Limited. He should be Forbidden.

[/quote']

... Explain before YCM explodes in utter n00berosity. Hurry, the clock is ticking!

Sangan is slow. VERY slow to be any good.

/topic

however is effect is almost certain to happen, unless he gets removed from play, this is why he has been limited for a good chunk of time.

he is not like tomato, or almost any other card you people mentioned.

let me make an example,

you have caius and brain control, and your opponent has 1000 lp, and sangan on the field,(you already drew.), and 3 necro gardnas in the grave. and 2 cards in hand (fissure and rai-oh, but you don't know that.).

you have 2000.

if you take sangan, and tribute it, they get to search for a monster, lets say hanewata, (it's a chaos deck.)

now caius can't win the game, no matter what you do.

and now they play fissure and attack with rai-oh.

the situation without sangan means that there is no search, and therefore caius just won the game for you.

and before you come in and say that caius can still kill them anyway even with sangan search SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE, the point is, if it is possible, now they can do it, where as basicly any other monster would not let this happen at all.

What? That is probably the worst example i've ever seen.

1. You can win that turn' date=' regardless of the search.

2. They can win next turn, regardless of the search.

The search doesn't do anything at all in that scenario.

[/quote']

ok, your poking holes at the fact that I didn't make a whole duel up from start to then just to make sure there are no holes.

the bigger point was that, sangan will almost always search unless RFP/G, where as most other monsters have a way around it. got it?

What? That is probably the worst example i've ever seen.

1. You can win that turn' date=' regardless of the search.

2. They can win next turn, regardless of the search.

The search doesn't do anything at all in that scenario.

[/quote']

ok, your poking holes at the fact that I didn't make a whole duel up from start to then just to make sure there are no holes.

the bigger point was that, sangan will almost always search unless RFP/G, where as most other monsters have a way around it. got it?

I understand that much... but you haven't shown that that is broken by any means.

Fraz' date=' toni, most of this thread is either sarcasm, positive posts about Sangan, or posts from Leo, Squirtle and bob3rt. >.>

[/quote']

cool story bro

Like I said, Sangan isn't fast enough to affect the game in a meaningful manner @ 3. In fact, I doubt anybody would run him at 3 given the lack of targets and the fact that it would generally take 3 turns to get them into your hand, let alone summon them. Games are over by turn 5, nobody has time for 3 normal summon searches (which may fail with bounce/rfp etc).

they should ban Sangan

and let Witch run at 3.

Witch is broken' date=' if a card can get dark armed dragon to your hand with jsut being destroyed on the field, it's broken o_O.

[/quote']

yep, thats our witch.

but it was mere sarcasm... they'll never unban witch, let alone have it at 3.

It's funny because witch is 1500 defence or less while sangan is 1500 attack or less and that is such a little diffrents in the word and it totaly makes the card overpowered, in that one word "Defence."

If the anime has shown us anything' date=' it's that anyone with enough imagination can make any card sound like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

[/quote']

UMMM.....

At least Sengan a bit of speed to decks in Wc09. Butt hats because the meta in that game is a slower one.

they should ban Sangan

and let Witch run at 3.

I REALLY wanted to call lolycm on this' date=' but appearently it was a sarcastic comment.

OT: If Three-Eye was at three, I'd run Exodia. Meh.

Now-a-days, that would be the ONLY possible way to run an effective Exodia deck.

It would be slow, with cards like Limit Reverse, but at least it would be run-able.

@Topic: If Sengan were @3, wouldnt it just be another case of Breaker + D.D.Warrior Lady?

I mean just because they are at 3, doesnt mean you have to run them in 3s.

inb4yourdoingitwrong

Sangan is a pretty card this format not to use him, unless he is outclassed by other searchers.

Sangan is a pseudo-floater, and once he is on the field, he acts like a floater. Knowing that your opponent has a search with Sangan alters the way you think. Do you allow them the search? Should you wait to draw RFGing cards? Do you allow the +1 off a Mirror Force/ Torrential? What targets could your opponent get?

Those questions are very important, because they dictate how you should play.

Sangan is also excellent tribute fodder. Don't forget, setting Sangan + Torrential is pretty good, especially when you search Spirit Reaper.

Sangan is dangerous because he's a floater that's hard to dodge. He forces you to make those hard decisions.

Mystic Tomato, Pyramid Turtle, etc. do not force those choices upon you because of the prevalence of destruction effects.

That's not to say they won't be able to do his job except better in many circumstances. Tomato and Turtle are both probably better sets than Sangan because the opponent will probably attack into a set monster before using destruction effects on it.

These cards just more risky choices than Sangan is. You factor that into your decision when choosing the cards you play. I like the certainty that Sangan can provide.

Guest PikaPerson01

Mystic Tomato' date=' Pyramid Turtle, etc. do not force those choices upon you because of the prevalence of destruction effects.[/quote']

You're like, one format behind.

Sangan is dangerous because he's a floater that's hard to dodge. He forces you to make those hard decisions.

Mystic Tomato' date=' Pyramid Turtle, etc. do not force those choices upon you because of the prevalence of destruction effects.

That's not to say they won't be able to do his job except better in many circumstances. Tomato and Turtle are both probably better sets than Sangan because the opponent will probably attack into a set monster before using destruction effects on it.

These cards just more risky choices than Sangan is. You factor that into your decision when choosing the cards you play. I like the certainty that Sangan can provide.

[/quote']

Dude, there aren't that many decks that can dodge a battle searcher more than half the time.

Archived