Why is it very few of us understand a good banlist?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously' date=' give it up. REDRUM shouldn't be banned. He forces you to run an abundant amount of Dragons, which aren't exactly great in the first place. You know it, too; you're just trying to give me a hard time. It's balanced support for a poor type. If it was dealing with Machines or Zombies or Warriors, then we might have something for banning it (but only a little something). As it stands, REDRUM is nothing more then "God in Dragon form" if you will, and nothing less than good theme support.

[/quote']

/facepalm

You need to learn to troll. Only then will you recognise the troll of others.

[troll-ralted-image.jpg]

Red-Eyes Darkness Metal gives people an excuse to name there "LOL DRAGON DEK!" as a "Hopeless Dragon" deck, and make it look professional. Well... at 37.95 a copy

Thats cheap.

Those of us from the Ghetto can't really afford many of those expensive cards. >.>

As for this list... I honestly think it's an interesting topic. It's huge, though, and I don't agree with quite a bit of it. I'm not a fan of the 3-0 system, so that might be it. I'm all for getting rid of easy OTK's and locks, but eliminating the vast majority such as this would make the games slow and, to be honest, a bit boring for even me.

An interesting idea, but I'm personally not too keen on it.

Those of us from the Ghetto can't really afford many of those expensive cards. >.>

As for this list... I honestly think it's an interesting topic. It's huge' date=' though, and I don't agree with quite a bit of it. I'm not a fan of the 3-0 system, so that might be it. I'm all for getting rid of easy OTK's and locks, but eliminating the vast majority such as this would make the games slow and, to be honest, a bit boring for even me.

An interesting idea, but I'm personally not too keen on it.

[/quote']

Seriously, everyone's acting like I destroyed the meta. Has anyone even tried making a deck under this list? They're balanced and good. LS loses JD. Dark decks lose DAD. GBs lose Gyzarus. They're now BALANCED, exactly what we've wanted. On the other hand, other decks get a boost (like monarchs getting back Metamorphosis). I reallt don't see the problem, folks.

Gentlemen, this is what happens when you take the idea that OTKs are bad for the game and extend it much, much, much too far.

Remember that killing cards because of OTK's is worthwhile if and only if the following conditions are both met:

1) The benefit to the game caused by eliminating the OTK outweighs the loss to the game caused by the loss of the card.

2) The OTK (if it was even an OTK) was actually a bad thing in the first place.

This list demonstrates what happens when you ignore these rules. Ignoring Rule #1 leads to things like Megarock Dragon being banned; ignoring Rule #2 leads to things like Destiny Board being banned. (The Destiny Board "OTK" is comparable to "Normal Summon Gene-Warped Warwolf. Attack. Wait a turn. Attack. Wait a turn. Attack. Wait a turn. Attack. ZOMG 1-CARD OTK THAT ONLY TAKES SEVEN TURNS BAN BAN BAN.")

Gentlemen' date=' this is what happens when you take the idea that OTKs are bad for the game and extend it much, much, [i']much[/i] too far.

Remember that killing cards because of OTK's is worthwhile if and only if the following conditions are both met:

1) The benefit to the game caused by eliminating the OTK outweighs the loss to the game caused by the loss of the card.

This list demonstrates what happens when you ignore these rules. Ignoring Rule #1 leads to things like Megarock Dragon being banned; ignoring Rule #2 leads to things like Destiny Board being banned. (The Destiny Board "OTK" is comparable to "Normal Summon Gene-Warped Warwolf. Attack. Wait a turn. Attack. Wait a turn. Attack. Wait a turn. Attack. ZOMG 1-CARD OTK THAT ONLY TAKES SEVEN TURNS BAN BAN BAN.")

My thoughts exactly, I'm glad that someone could put it in a more articulate manner than I. People over react to any "possible" OTKs far too much.

Gentlemen' date=' this is what happens when you take the idea that OTKs are bad for the game and extend it much, much, [i']much[/i] too far.

^ This this this...

Besides, banning everything that can interact as an OTK is quite stupid in a sense when you realize that as new cards come out...more OTKs will pop up no matter how you try to eliminate them. OTKs are just a part of every card game, no reason to attempt to eliminate all of them unless they were like DSF in Kitty Synchro...an actual problem and consistent. Eliminating every single inconsistent OTK does nothing but lower the overall usable card pool more and more as the game continues.

Point proven. Glad someone here can actually put his money where his mouth is. List updated.

Hey' date=' your grandparents were wealthy. Mine's were too. They had the biggest hut in the village back at vietnam!

[/quote']

NO WAI

I THINK I SAW YOU WHILE ME AND MY TROOPS WHERE DRIVIN' BY

And as HORUS said, what kinda deck are we supposed to use?

So' date=' under this list, what kind of deck am I supposed to play?

It seems like this banlist makes every currently good deck completely unusable.

[/quote']

Whatever the f*** you want. LS, BW, GB, Plants, Monarchs, pretty much anything is still viable under this list; just no more "easy to pull off" OTKs/FTKs/Locks..

[/quote']

Whatever the f*** you want. LS, BW, GB, Plants, Monarchs, pretty much anything is still viable under this list; just no more "easy to pull off" OTKs/FTKs/Locks..

I think i would just quit.

[/quote']

So, basically, what you did is weaken every deck? So it's basically just the same format, except really really slow?

[/quote']

I don't really want to see a format where Plants are tier 0.

So' date=' basically, what you did is weaken every deck? So it's basically just the same format, except really really slow?

[/quote']

It's definitely slower, but it's not crawling. that's for sure.

It's more like a fish flopping in place on the deck of a ship.

[/quote']

Most people would.

Lots of people quit during dark armed return format because OTK was too consistent. I'm sure more people would quit if the only difference between each deck was the name of the cards.

Archived