Generic Removal Discussion

I'm talking about smashing ground, mystical space typhoon, heavy storm, dimensional prison, dust tornado...

We have so many of these and they've been there for so long it's common knowledge which one is better. This makes cards like offerings to the doomed and malevolent catastrophe virtually unplayed.

Do you think this is good for the game? What's the solution?

Dude' date=' winning is fun, and so far, I want to have fun quickly as fast as possible.

[/quote']

You sound like someone who doesn't take loss well. You would hate The Game.

As for Generic Removal, the way I see it is... a lot of it is just "destroy one card". It's a one for a one. Most of the terribly bad ones (Raigeki, Harpie's Feather Duster) are banned already. It's okay. Not especially good for the game. It MAY be bad, but what can ya do about it, y'know?

Dude' date=' winning is fun, and so far, I want to have fun quickly as fast as possible.

[/quote']

You sound like someone who doesn't take loss well. You would hate The Game.

As for Generic Removal, the way I see it is... a lot of it is just "destroy one card". It's a one for a one. Most of the terribly bad ones (Raigeki, Harpie's Feather Duster) are banned already. It's okay. Not especially good for the game. It MAY be bad, but what can ya do about it, y'know?

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? You freakin bastard! Blakie goes balistic, I go psycotic. Anyhow, I'm neutral on this topic.

I've heard of Heavy Storm being an easy +1 or more at some cases, making it somewhat ban-worthy. In theory this card produces a state of mind on duelists that forces them to play more concervatively. Is it bad? is it good? there have been discussions about that card alone and I won't really say my opinion about that one.

It really depends but I would say all generic destruction left is pretty fair.

If your saying that Heavy Storm and all removers are good and make the game fun' date=' then for once we agree Sleepy, tell me, how's playing with them crappy Fortune Ladies?

[/quote']

I don't use generic removal with them, maybe just Heavy. Actually, I was updating and improving that Deck but a friend liked it a lot so I let him borrow it :P

Instead I only have an Ojama Deck and a Gemini Deck. Ojamas, surprisingly have defeated all Blackwing Decks they've played against. But I guess that's expected when all BW have a pathetic DEF and the players can't draw their S/T removal in time.

Also, I don't agree with you, I agree with what Azuh told you. I said generic destruction left is pretty fair, not that making faster duels is good.

If your saying that Heavy Storm and all removers are good and make the game fun' date=' then for once we agree Sleepy, tell me, how's playing with them crappy Fortune Ladies?

[/quote']

I don't use generic removal with them, maybe just Heavy. Actually, I was updating and improving that Deck but a friend liked it a lot so I let him borrow it :P

Instead I only have an Ojama Deck and a Gemini Deck. Ojamas, surprisingly have defeated all Blackwing Decks they've played against. But I guess that's expected when all BW have a pathetic DEF and the players can't draw their S/T removal in time.

Also, I don't agree with you, I agree with what Azuh told you. I said generic destruction left is pretty fair, not that making faster duels is good.

GEMINI!?!?!?

Come on! They suck hard!

Plus, I bet you were just dueling some newbies.

You would be surpriced at how much they could probably own you ;)

I'm laughing at how you insulted Gemeni monsters over Ojamas xD

Gemenis can get pretty good if you know how to do it well, you probably have never seen a Gemeni Deck in person, or at least a good one, they are pretty new. Before their new support they were bad, and they might just need a little more, just a little. but that's beside the point of the topic, You can blame me over PM about how much you think my Decks suck but here we are spamming already.. =/

[/quote']

GEMINI!?!?!?

Come on! They suck hard!

Plus, I bet you were just dueling some newbies.

Gemini are a billion times better than Ojamas...

1-for-1 removal is fine as long as it doesn't become too absurd; a Quick-Play discard-free version of Raigeki Break would be stupid, but aside from that generic removal is largely acceptable. The weak generic removal cards that don't see much play would still see little play even without Smashing Ground and its ilk around because they're still too weak to be used.

Archived