Yata-Garasu Lockdown

If they truly set up a yata lock, you lose unless they run out of deck. Good yata-lock includes raigki and harpies feather duster and maybe delinquent duo to top it off since your playing traditional anyway. The thing that makes yata lock so good is that it doesn't need anything else to work. If the situation's right, you win.

Treeborn > Yata. I actually don't like Yata because if you dont have game breaking cards in your deck, you'd need to attack about 30 times with yata and then summon a strong monster to finish it before you deck yourself out. The only problem is if you have a bad deck theme, than your kinda screwed.

Is this possible to survive it????????

If you do it right' date=' then yes, yes you can.

It seems inconsistent as heck

You would be surprised at how consistant it is ;)

Solemn it. Destroy Yata and then remove it from play.

^If this happens' date=' your Opponent is doing the Yata-Lock wrong^

Now people main Necro Guardna

^Beat me to it^

Necro Guardna, and a few others, can prolong the Yata-Lock by another turn.

With the current banlist, low on splashable broken draw power and monster removal and with many playable counters (Gardna, ect)?

Solemn it. Destroy Yata and then remove it from play.

^If this happens' date=' your Opponent is doing the Yata-Lock wrong^

Now people main Necro Guardna

^Beat me to it^

Necro Guardna, and a few others, can prolong the Yata-Lock by another turn.

Don't edit what I said. I said Gardna, not Guardna. I said it the way it's written in my shiny gold loved card.

The "Yata-Garasu Lockdown" was a deck build whose goal was to clear both the opponent's field and hand; from there, you would continually summon "Yata-Garasu" and attack. Since "Yata-Garasu"'s effect required the opponent to skip their Draw Phase if it attacked and did damage, and your opponent would have no hand, they were effectively taken out of the game.

The first bold, is a question. Does mean all of you cared on the field? If I can put put down Spells and Traps, then I could win. Plus, what are the chances of your opponent/you getting the card/s you/he/she needs?

The second bold, helps my first statement in bold, and it says:

...if it attacked and did damage, and your opponent would have no hand, they were effectively taken out of the game...

That means you could have a trap or 2 the field!

So, if you piece it to together, there is a about 30% you could get your oppoent to attack and then and he takes damage. [Plus, you could activate toll or something close to that.] And a very slim change of winning a duel with that deck. Unless you have have it. :twisted:

One of my favorite cards and spirits. It proves that spirits don't suck. And the only reason that Konami don't pump out good spirits is because of this guy, too scared to make another good one.

Hardly anyone survived a Yata-Lock. I did once do a yata lock before, and it felt great putting your opponent into a helpless position.

Plus, the day Yata is unbanned is the day PTD is actually the 5th dragon instead of Black Feather Dragon unfotunatly. But at least Tsukuyomi has a chance of being limited or semi.

Most everyone in this thread must not have been playing the game at the point that this deck dominated.

As long as the user could get Sangan/Witch special summoned in the same turn as summoning CED, the opponent was dead. Figuring in that CED would deal 2000-3000 damage or a strong monster would eventually be drawn, decking out was of no concern.

Archived