Rainbow Dragon (Crystal Beasts)(Magic Cylinder) [DISC]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of this topic, I'm tempted to make a deck that runs Rainbow Dragon.

[spoiler=And here is the way I'm going to run it:]

[spoiler=[size=50]RECKLESS FTW!![/size]]

By that, I mean a deck that only runs 1 copy of each Crystal Beast, and then use the rest of the deck space for cards that can help keep Rainbow Dragon out. Screw using Rainbow Dragon's effect, a monster with 4K ATK is win condition enough.

Crystal Beasts could probably be meta or really close to it if they had a good boss monster. They're fast' date=' have insanely good searching/deck thinning powers, massive field control, and their OTK is great. Wipe the opponent's field and swarm with a bunch of CBs.

[/quote']

Depends on how you define "really good boss monster", but I'm having trouble seeing it. Only two of their monsters (Sapphire Pegasus and Ruby Carbuncle) have effects that are actually useful, with every other card they use being just a beatstick (or, in Amethyst Cat's case, Rescue Cat food), they can't do much of anything until they get their backfield set up, they don't like Setting things that can't be ditched at will because it clogs the backfield, they are absolutely murdered even by Giant Trunade, and if Abundance gets negated they've just lost five cards, including the backfield that is the basis of their game.

I mean like a completely broken card for them. A JD for Crystal Beasts that has an added effect of not letting Crystal Abundance be negated or something.

Crystal Beasts could probably be meta or really close to it if they had a good boss monster. They're fast' date=' have insanely good searching/deck thinning powers, massive field control, and their OTK is great. Wipe the opponent's field and swarm with a bunch of CBs.

[/quote']

Depends on how you define "really good boss monster", but I'm having trouble seeing it. Only two of their monsters (Sapphire Pegasus and Ruby Carbuncle) have effects that are actually useful, with every other card they use being just a beatstick (or, in Amethyst Cat's case, Rescue Cat food), they can't do much of anything until they get their backfield set up, they don't like Setting things that can't be ditched at will because it clogs the backfield, they are absolutely murdered even by Giant Trunade, and if Abundance gets negated they've just lost five cards, including the backfield that is the basis of their game.

I mean like a completely broken card for them. A JD for Crystal Beasts that has an added effect of not letting Crystal Abundance be negated or something.

Most themes could be really good if they got an absurdly broken boss monster. >_>

I'd rather see the whole series remade (Advanced Crystal Beasts?) with decent effects. Perhaps their Continuous Spell Card forms could have effects of their own; one would grant ATK boosts to all in the Monster Card Zones, one could block effects that target, and so on.

[/quote']

Most themes could be really good if they got an absurdly broken boss monster. >_>

I'd rather see the whole series remade (Advanced Crystal Beasts?) with decent effects. Perhaps their Continuous Spell Card forms could have effects of their own; one would grant ATK boosts to all in the Monster Card Zones, one could block effects that target, and so on.

Yeah, that would probably be better. But keep Pegasus' and Carbuncle's effects. Without those, Crystal Beasts won't be anywhere close to good.

[/quote']

Yeah, that would probably be better. But keep Pegasus' and Carbuncle's effects. Without those, Crystal Beasts won't be anywhere close to good.

Pegasus and Carbuncle can definitely stay as they are; they're awesome. But the others need to be improved - especially Cobalt Eagle, whose effect is actually negative. At the very least, couldn't he bounce the card instead of spinning it? And maybe Pegasus's effect could be transferred to something with less ATK, so that there isn't such a dichotomy between Good and Bad.

[/quote']

Pegasus and Carbuncle can definitely stay as they are; they're awesome. But the others need to be improved - especially Cobalt Eagle, whose effect is actually negative. At the very least, couldn't he bounce the card instead of spinning it? And maybe Pegasus's effect could be transferred to something with less ATK, so that there isn't such a dichotomy between Good and Bad.

Amber Mammoth would be decent if he had an additional effect. Cobalt Eagle sucks. Pegasus and Carbuncle are Godsend. Emerald Tortoise barely counts as having an effect and is just used as a wall. Amethyst Cat is just Rescue Cat food. And Topaz Tiger is a temporary 2000ATK beatstick.

Off-topic: I actually use to use Cobalt Eagle to continuosly spin my Sapphire Pegasus to use it's effect over and over.

[/quote']

Amber Mammoth would be decent if he had an additional effect. Cobalt Eagle sucks. Pegasus and Carbuncle are Godsend. Emerald Tortoise barely counts as having an effect and is just used as a wall. Amethyst Cat is just Rescue Cat food. And Topaz Tiger is a temporary 2000ATK beatstick.

Off-topic: I actually use to use Cobalt Eagle to continuosly spin my Sapphire Pegasus to use it's effect over and over.

Seems wasteful. Assuming you have a decent deck, you'd be better off going with a random draw than suffering that -1.

Pretty much :/

Heck' date=' even if E-Heros had a card like this:

-FIRE-

Lvl5

[Warrior/Fusion/Effect]

1 "E-Hero"/"D-Hero"/E•Hero" + any DARK-Attribute monster

This monster can only be Special Summoned, by a Fusion Summon. When this card is Summoned, Remove from play all cards on your Opponent's side of the field. Once per turn, you can send every card in the Opponent's hand to his/her Graveyard. The Summon of this card, and this card's effect(s) cannot be chained to.

2500ATK / 1200DEF

Ridiculously abusable, and would somehow make E-Heros a Teir-1 deck.

[/quote']

Seems wasteful. Assuming you have a decent deck, you'd be better off going with a random draw than suffering that -1.

Which is why I said use to. But I look at it as a +0 if it's Pegasus because I get to search another CB next turn and thin my deck a bit. But I don't run Cobalt Eagle anymore. :D

Cobalt Eagle + Saphire Pegasus was only really good in Wc08' date=' due to that game bieng a slower meta.

It would be [i']utterly torn apart[/i] in Wc09, due to how much better the card pool and players are.

This was in Wc08. But I also use to do it back when I was still bad at the game IRL.

may i ask why the hate? all i say was Rainbow Dragon is a good card but extremely difficult to summon. and Magic Cylinder is a good card to have around.

unless of course this cards already got ban.

It's commonly accepted that Cylinder is only good in BURN decks. And RD could be much better when you consider its summoning conditions.

No. Some retards decided that Magic Cylinder should only be used in Burn decks, because it burns.

I side Cylinder in BW and have won a lot of games, because of it.

I wish rainbow dragon was playable' date=' it's sooooo pretty.

Also, it's not that Magic Cylinder sucks, there are just better options. Like what happened to Sakeretsu.

[/quote']

Sak is not terrible, but is way out classed by faster cards, like Mirror Force or Dimensional Prison.

Archived