Dark Worlds suck.

They're the reason we can't use "Discard" as a keyword properly anymore, and need to write out "send from your hand to the Graveyard" instead. "Discard" was one of the game's only keywords, and thanks to Dark Worlds, its use is now horribly limited.

Anyhow, discuss keywords that this game needs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Topic:

129043650537494154.jpg

Piercing. I have no idea why they gave up on that one.

My guess' date=' is that they got tired of having to re-word the effect, since "New rulings" appearently were out.[hr']

YOUR INTELLIGENCE ALSO SUPRISING ME

But really

Send from your hand to the Graveyard up to 5 cards to send that many cards from the Opponent's hand to his/her Graveyard.

Discard up to 5. The Opponent discards the same ammount

... but wouldn't the discard be a cost and' date=' therefore, not activate the effect?

[/quote']

Rulings with that sort of effect doesnt matter. I was just agreeing with Crab's post, at how cards cant simply say "Discard".

I blame the 5 year olds who cant understand rulings, and think Snipe Hunter activates Dark World effects.

Guest Chaos Pudding

If they just made Dark World into an actual archetype instead of cards to be splashed in depending on the meta, then we wouldn't have this problem.

If they just made Dark World into an actual archetype instead of cards to be splashed in depending on the meta' date=' then we wouldn't have this problem.

[/quote']

Pretty much.

The term "Discard" would still be used, if Darkworld's had this, as part of there effect:

If this card was discarded as a result of a "Darkworld" card' date=' [rest of the effect']

Then it would be more archtype-dependant, and actually make more sence.

Peircing' date=' it was printed once and then ever since it's been replaced by "When ATK is higher than DEF of a defense position monster, deal difference" blah blah, which can be shortened by "this card does piercing"... Discard is also one D:

[/quote']

I don't recall a card that said piercing. Pics?

Peircing' date=' it was printed once and then ever since it's been replaced by "When ATK is higher than DEF of a defense position monster, deal difference" blah blah, which can be shortened by "this card does piercing"... Discard is also one D:

[/quote']

I don't recall a card that said piercing. Pics?

Cyberdark Horn. It really should be used on more cards.

Wow' date=' since when was that there. Why did they change it?

[/quote']

.....wait, Wait, WAIT

This means, "This card inflicts piercing damage", is an actual legit game-term, and not a YCM-created short-version of piercing damage.

NIIIIICE

Though, I still say Konami should mention this in the rule-books that come with the structure decks.

Mill X (Send cards from the top of target player's Deck to the Graveyard. X = number of cards sent)

Hikaru, I think you might be pushing it,

5 year olds have to be able to remember/understand what all these things are/do.

So for the time bieng, they will probobly keep the Lightsworns with the effects they have.

They're the reason we can't use "Discard" as a keyword properly anymore' date=' and need to write out "send from your hand to the Graveyard" instead. "Discard" was one of the game's only keywords, and thanks to Dark Worlds, its use is now horribly limited.

Anyhow, discuss keywords that this game needs.

[/quote']

129052191907865506.jpg

I like most people, blame the 5 yr olds. Why can't parents wait til their like 10 or something, then they can understand what Mill and Peircing means. Or most 5 yr olds understand it, but the retarded ones just ether whine or try to bend the meaning. Like Arm said before, my lil cousin tried Snipe with Dark World.

I think spin means to change battle position.

It means return from the field to the top of the deck (I think). I just never understood the reasoning.

If Konami actualy did use different terms' date=' it would be pretty lulzy.

Tribute 1 monster. Return 1 monster on the field to the owner's hand.

Release 1 monster. Bounce 1 monster.

Archived