Dark Worlds suck.

I think spin means to change battle position.

It means return from the field to the top of the deck (I think). I just never understood the reasoning.

If Konami actualy did use different terms' date=' it would be pretty lulzy.

[b']

Tribute 1 monster. Return 1 monster on the field to the owner's hand.

Release 1 monster. Bounce 1 monster.

[/b]

129052304669201753.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tribute becoming Release was just pointless. That was one of the only things we already had a keyword for; if you're going to invent a new keyword, have it do something new instead of just replacing an old one.

Also, "destroy by battle and send to the Graveyard" needs a keyword badly.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Tribute becoming Release was just pointless. That was one of the only things we already had a keyword for; if you're going to invent a new keyword' date=' have it do something new instead of just replacing an old one.

[/quote']

How about Bury?

Tribute becoming Release was just pointless. That was one of the only things we already had a keyword for; if you're going to invent a new keyword' date=' have it do something new instead of just replacing an old one.

[/quote']

How about Bury?

That's a Magic keyword for something unrelated; we don't want to create confusion. How about "Slay"? ("Kill" would be nice, but then we can't use "Kill" in ordinary conversation about the game without creating confusion.)

[/quote']

How about Bury?

That's a Magic keyword for something unrelated; we don't want to create confusion. How about "Slay"? ("Kill" would be nice, but then we can't use "Kill" in ordinary conversation about the game without creating confusion.)

I like slay because it has such a clear "combat" connotation. You just think of knights and dragons.

If this card is slayed/slain, special summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 ATK or less from your deck in attack position.

Could work.

Guest Chaos Pudding

[/quote']

How about Bury?

Slay is good.

Now how about replacing "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except *requirements*" with "NOMI: *requirements*"?

[/quote']

How about Bury?

Slay is good.

Now how about replacing "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except *requirements*" with "NOMI: *requirements*"?

Yes. Similar for Semi-Nomi.

How about something for "Remove from your Graveyard from play"? Also, how about "Dump" for "Send from your Deck to the Graveyard" and "Tutor" for "Add from your Deck to your Hand"?

Since Magic has keywords even for themed effects, how about we add some. For example, how about "Crystallize" for the Crystal Beasts' I-turn-into-a-gem-when-I-die effect?

Guest Chaos Pudding

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, search your Deck for X and Special Summon it --> When this card is Slain, Recruit X.

"Recruit" is definitely good.

Also, just for fun, "Exile" for Field --> RFP.

What should Grave --> RFP's keyword be?

I get "Dump"' date=' for specific targets like Foolish Burial. I do not however understand "Tutor".

[/quote']

I believe that "Tutor", like "Mill", comes from some Magic card or other.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I get "Dump"' date=' for specific targets like Foolish Burial. I do not however understand "Tutor".

[/quote']

Tutor is a term used in almost every TCG that describes an effect that searches the Deck for a card(s) and adds them to that player's hand.

Grave > RFP = Decay

How about 'Grab' for "Search for X in your deck"?

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard' date=' you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.[/quote']

When slayn' date=' Grab a DARK with 1500 ATK and Recruit in face-up attack positon[/quote']

Trying to re-invent the game is fun :3

Guest Chaos Pudding

When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard' date=' you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.[/quote']

When slayn' date=' Grab a DARK with 1500 ATK and Recruit in face-up attack positon[/quote']

Recruit already encompasses your definition of Grab.

Recruit already encompasses your definition of Grab.

Wait, nvmd.

It would get to confusing if it we had a term for 2 different things I guess :/

Still, the terms we have so far are more military-esque, when Yugimonz is suposed to be more magical-based.

Meh, its still interesting trying to find different term for shortening effects.

Guest PikaPerson01

[/quote']

How about Bury?

I disagree. It'd cause conflicts for when if, for example, Dimensional Fissure or Macro Cosmos or whatever was out.

i also disagree, i mean "Destroyed by battle and sends to the Graveyard" is specific. It has to accomplish both things. What if it was "Destroyed by battle and removed from play" or just simply "Destroyed by battle" regardless of where it went? Many cards don't work when they're destroyed by battle and sent elsewhere x.o; Consider them just conditionals as nowadays, all things destroyed by battle don't go to the graveyard (because of other card effects or say you're destroying a token, where it just disappears rather than going to the graveyard.)

Terms like Tribute, Destroy, Send all mean different things to different cards due to its wording even if all of them take a card from the field and moves it to the graveyard (by default).

Yugioh is a wordy and literal in its lore where even one word can make or break many uses of cards. So far, the only thing i agree to is the term "Piercing".

i also disagree' date=' i mean "Destroyed by battle and sends to the Graveyard" is specific. It has to accomplish both things. What if it was "Destroyed by battle and removed from play" or just simply "Destroyed by battle" regardless of where it went? Many cards don't work when they're destroyed by battle and sent elsewhere x.o; Consider them just conditionals as nowadays, all things destroyed by battle don't go to the graveyard (because of other card effects or say you're destroying a token, where it just disappears rather than going to the graveyard.)

Terms like Tribute, Destroy, Send all mean different things to different cards due to its wording even if all of them take a card from the field and moves it to the graveyard (by default).

Yugioh is a wordy and literal in its lore where even one word can make or break many uses of cards. So far, the only thing i agree to is the term "Piercing".

[/quote']

129052189595164853.jpg

Archived