Draw Power: How important is your extra draw?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is now a hot thread. XD

Card Destruction & Morphing Jar saved my butt a lot of times.

But recovering cards from the Graveyard is something much better for me.

No Painful Choice?

Thread's about Drawing' date=' Painful Choice searches =/

FL would be broken if they had their own win condition.

FL Water + FF = MAD CARDZ

FL? =/

Drawing' date=' and by extension tutoring, is by far the most important aspect of any competitive deck. If it can't draw fast, it loses faster.

[/quote']

Indeed. Just about every Meta Deck I've seen has some kind of draw engine in it. Drawing is centrifugal to getting what you need, when you need it.

I'm not even quite sure what i meant to say, crab.

Well, in any case. Extra draws are the sh[:x]t, and draw engines will forever be a staple to any deck.

I can't be the only one who's still waiting for a sufficient draw engine to make exodia good again.

Draw power is one of the most important things in Yu-gi-oh. No draw power = slow deck = you fail.

Indeed. I have a friend who's terrible at this game. He runs a Zombie Swarm/Stall/Psychic deck; you know what his draw engine is?

A Jar of Greed...

Drawing' date=' and by extension tutoring, is by far the most important aspect of any competitive deck. If it can't draw fast, it loses faster.

[/quote']

Indeed. Just about every Meta Deck I've seen has some kind of draw engine in it. Drawing is centrifugal to getting what you need, when you need it.

I'm not even quite sure what i meant to say, crab.

Well, in any case. Extra draws are the sh[:x]t, and draw engines will forever be a staple to any deck.

I can't be the only one who's still waiting for a sufficient draw engine to make exodia good again.

Draw power is one of the most important things in Yu-gi-oh. No draw power = slow deck = you fail.

Indeed. I have a friend who's terrible at this game. He runs a Zombie Swarm/Stall/Psychic deck; you know what his draw engine is?

A Jar of Greed...

Better than my friends =/ they use Pharaoh's Treasure >.>

Most draw engines require deck dedication' date=' and it mostly amounts to a +0 anyway.

I think what really matters is how fast your deck thins, not how much you draw, per se.

I'd mill, you see.

[/quote']

Mill isn't quite the same thing, unless your deck is one where the Graveyard is a second hand. It's still better than nothing, but at the very least discarding Spells and Traps from the top of your deck doesn't really do you much good, beyond giving you a bit more information about your next draw.

Most draw engines require deck dedication' date=' and it mostly amounts to a +0 anyway.

I think what really matters is how fast your deck thins, not how much you draw, per se.

I'd mill, you see.

[/quote']

Mill isn't quite the same thing, unless your deck is one where the Graveyard is a second hand. It's still better than nothing, but at the very least discarding Spells and Traps from the top of your deck doesn't really do you much good, beyond giving you a bit more information about your next draw.

I've been playing Dark Simorgh and Chaos Sorcerer; I like milling.

Of course, I suck at it.

That's both playing and milling, by the way.

a friend of mine always keeps on asking why I would run cards that do nothing but draw.

my answer is that it helps me get to what I need more often.

responds with "well then why don't you play more copies of that kind of card instead?"

my answer has been "sometimes there aren't any more cards that do that effect well enough with my deck to make it worth it."

but he does have a valid point. to much draw and search and little else means you have fewer chances to win. sure, if you do it right you only need one shot, but that can't always be the case.

so I would like to pose the question, when is it too much draw power?

I'm thinking it matters on the deck itself.

what do you people think?

a friend of mine always keeps on asking why I would run cards that do nothing but draw.

responds with "well then why don't you play more copies of that kind of card instead?"

my answer has been "sometimes there aren't any more cards that do that effect well enough with my deck to make it worth it."

but he does have a valid point. to much draw and search and little else means you have fewer chances to win. sure' date=' if you do it right you only need one shot, but that can't always be the case.

[/quote']

Let me ask you a question: do you remember DDT?

but he does have a valid point. to much draw and search and little else means you have fewer chances to win. sure' date=' if you do it right you only need one shot, but that can't always be the case.

[/quote']

not really, diamond dude turbo never really worked around here, so people almost never play(ed) it.

however, I know the basics of the deck, and how diamond dude skips costs and requirements to give you a large card advantage on your next turn, it works off that to generate more.

[/quote']

not really, diamond dude turbo never really worked around here, so people almost never play(ed) it.

however, I know the basics of the deck, and how diamond dude skips costs and requirements to give you a large card advantage on your next turn, it works off that to generate more.

The point is that DDT ran a lot of draw power. And a lot of monsters whose only purpose is to feed said draw power. In fact, far more of the deck consisted of cards designed to turbo through the deck than cards designed to do stuff themselves for the win (like Dimension Fusion and Lightning Vortex).

Basically, DDT had more draw power and fewer directly-useful cards than pretty much any non-Solitaire deck you're ever likely to see.

well' date=' it apprently didn't work well enough around here to have "updated" versions trying to win, but I do go to "tier 1 or GTFO" tourneys.

so around here at least, that would be an example of to much draw power.

[/quote']

DDT was tier 1.

... ok maybe it was tier 0 :D:D:D

When was this!?

... Owait, you were joking...

well' date=' it apprently didn't work well enough around here to have "updated" versions trying to win, but I do go to "tier 1 or GTFO" tourneys.

so around here at least, that would be an example of to much draw power.

[/quote']

DDT was tier 1.

... ok maybe it was tier 0 :D:D:D

When was this!?

... Owait, you were joking...

Actually I am not. Well, maybe the T0 part was a joke, but DDT was one of the best decks in YGO.

Archived