Draw Power: How important is your extra draw?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't see the Quick-Play Spell Card Reload on the list.

That's a -1 that shuffles your hand into the deck... how is that a draw engine?

well in the way i see it, Reload is more of a savior. Imagen having a bad draw and the only card that can help you is Reload, return all the cards of your hand and shuffle the deck and draw the same amount giving you possible a better chance. while in contrast to Graceful Charity draw 3 cards, discard 2 immediately to the graveyard. you pretty much wasted 2 cards to have 1 card.

well in the way i see it' date=' Reload is more of a savior. Imagen having a bad draw and the only card that can help you is Reload, return all the cards of your hand and shuffle the deck and draw the same amount giving you possible a better chance. while in contrast to Graceful Charity draw 3 cards, discard 2 immediately to the graveyard. you pretty much wasted 2 cards to have 1 card.

[/quote']

Graceful Charity > Reload, especially in DWs

If you really want to argue Reload being a draw card, Magical Mallet is better. It's still a -1 but you can keep cards you don't want to get rid of.

Reload should have been "Shuffle your entire hand into your deck. Draw cards equal to the amount of cards returned to the deck +1" as that actually would have been a "Reload" :S

or reload could give you most of the cards you just put back' date=' it seems to always be that way on the WC games.

[/quote']

well as you said, only in games happen that a lot, i agree. however in the real life you can shuffle as much as you want, reducing the chances to get the same cards.

well in the way i see it' date=' Reload is more of a savior. Imagen having a bad draw and the only card that can help you is Reload, return all the cards of your hand and shuffle the deck and draw the same amount giving you possible a better chance. while in contrast to Graceful Charity draw 3 cards, discard 2 immediately to the graveyard. you pretty much wasted 2 cards to have 1 card.

[/quote']

If you really want to argue Reload being a draw card, Magical Mallet is better. It's still a -1 but you can keep cards you don't want to get rid of.

Reload should have been "Shuffle your entire hand into your deck. Draw cards equal to the amount of cards returned to the deck +1" as that actually would have been a "Reload" :S[/b]

ok, what is so different from what reload does? you pretty much add the entire hand to the deck then shuffle and draw again the same amount

or reload could give you most of the cards you just put back' date=' it seems to always be that way on the WC games.

[/quote']

well as you said, only in games happen that a lot, i agree. however in the real life you can shuffle as much as you want, reducing the chances to get the same cards.

[/quote']

Reload should have been "Shuffle your entire hand into your deck. Draw cards equal to the amount of cards returned to the deck +1" as that actually would have been a "Reload" :S[/b]

ok, what is so different from what reload does? you pretty much add the entire hand to the deck then shuffle and draw again the same amount

You get to draw one more card with that effect, so it would be a +0 in card advantage instead of a -1.

but then wouldn't that be overpower possible been more useful than Pot of Greed was and getting ban?' date=' it needs a drawback one way or a another.

i think the card is fine as it is.

[/quote']

I'm not saying it isn't, but it's still a -1 that noone is going to play unless the deck using HotU or the deck is built around it.

but then wouldn't that be overpower possible been more useful than Pot of Greed was and getting ban?' date=' it needs a drawback one way or a another.

i think the card is fine as it is.

[/quote']

Pot of Greed provides a +1 in card advantage without conditions, making it banworthy. The altered Reload is a generic +0 that still requires you to put the cards in your hand back and draw a brand new hand plus 1 card to replace the Reload, making it a bit more difficult to set up combos.

Edit: DAZ beat me to it.

[/quote']

I may be misreading this due to DroutTrigger's terrible typing, but I think he just said that Reload is superior to Graceful Charity.

Drawing' date=' and by extension tutoring, is by far the most important aspect of any competitive deck. If it can't draw fast, it loses faster.

[/quote']

Indeed. Just about every Meta Deck i'vew seen has some kind of draw engine in it. Drawing is centrifugal to getting what you need, when you need it.

DRAWING IS CENTRIFUGAL

YOUR INTELLIGENCE ALSO SUPRISING ME

I can't even figure out what word "centrifugal" is suppose to be...

Centrifugal i think is about a process or acting in a direction away from a center or axis. now what does it had to do with drawing cards :|im not sure

He said "be", not "mean". Centrifugal is obviously supposed to be a different word.

[spoiler=I would shuffle my hand into my deck!][align=center]28tuveu.jpg

You can play only one Supporter card each turn. When you play this card' date=' put it next to your Active Pokémon. When your turn ends, discard this card.[/size']

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 4 cards. If any of your Pokémon were Knocked Out during your opponent's last turn, draw 4 more cards.

[/align]

On a more serious note - it doesn't matter what it takes to draw as long as the requirements or restrictions aren't ridiculous. With stuff like D-Draw, Cyber Valley, and several others - it's worth it.

In my IRL, I use One for One -> Cyber Valley -> Dupe to draw. Thins my deck by 4 while I draw 2 and get a Special Summon of a monster that will stop the enemy from hitting me without first using monster destruction or both giving up a Battle Phase and letting me draw one, fairly effective, and pretty nice for a +0.

[spoiler=I would shuffle my hand into my deck!][align=center]28tuveu.jpg

You can play only one Supporter card each turn. When you play this card' date=' put it next to your Active Pokémon. When your turn ends, discard this card.[/size']

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 4 cards. If any of your Pokémon were Knocked Out during your opponent's last turn, draw 4 more cards.

[/align]

On a more serious note - it doesn't matter what it takes to draw as long as the requirements or restrictions aren't ridiculous. With stuff like D-Draw, Cyber Valley, and several others - it's worth it.

In my IRL, I use One for One -> Cyber Valley -> Dupe to draw. Thins my deck by 4 while I draw 2 and get a Special Summon of a monster that will stop the enemy from hitting me without first using monster destruction or both giving up a Battle Phase and letting me draw one, fairly effective, and pretty nice for a +0.

+rep for Poke reference and awesome tip =D I never thought of 141 on Cyber Valley =/

Archived