Draw Power: How important is your extra draw?

well' date=' it apprently didn't work well enough around here to have "updated" versions trying to win, but I do go to "tier 1 or GTFO" tourneys.

so around here at least, that would be an example of to much draw power.

[/quote']

DDT was tier 1.

... ok maybe it was tier 0 :D:D:D

When was this!?

... Owait, you were joking...

Actually I am not. Well, maybe the T0 part was a joke, but DDT was one of the best decks in YGO.

@820: You thought DDT wasn't great? O_O

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well' date=' it apprently didn't work well enough around here to have "updated" versions trying to win, but I do go to "tier 1 or GTFO" tourneys.

[/quote']

In case you weren't aware, once Allure of Darkness came out (giving DDT even more draw power than before), DDT became the second-best deck in the game, losing out to Dark Armed Return. The problem wasn't too much draw power - having more draw power than before improved it - but rather that it just wasn't quite as broken as Dark Armed Dragon and friends.

Unless, of course, you think that the phrase "around here" somehow makes things different even though the cards are exactly the same everywhere. I suppose it's possible that people where you live suck, seeing as DDT is the most skilled OTK deck the game has ever seen.

key word being was.

What on earth is that supposed to mean!? Reasoning is Limited! Monster Gate is Limited! Dark Magician of Chaos is Forbidden! Dimension Fusion is Forbidden! Every single component that was vital to DDT is no longer legal, so of course DDT isn't top-tier anymore; it no longer exists! You may as well say that Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning is bad on the grounds that it isn't top tier anymore.

1. I thought that DDT ran DAD ...

Only some hybrid builds; standard DDT did not.

2. DDT still exists ... It actually has 2+ regional tops :D

No. DDT does not exist anymore. I do not care what some other deck billing itself as DDT is doing; the original deck is gone.

Well, it's doing what DDT was doing, but slower ...

- Removes cards and brings them back with D.D.R (Searched with Arms Hole) and RftDD.

- Gets pluses from Diamond Dude.

- Summons some big monsters with Monster Gate and Reasoning (Even though they are limited)

- Runs 2x Allure,3x DDraw and 3x Trade-In for it's draw engine.

And it can also throw a couple of Synchros.

No. DDT does not exist anymore. I do not care what some other deck billing itself as DDT is doing; the original deck is gone.

Well' date=' it's doing what DDT was doing, but slower ...

- Removes cards and brings them back with D.D.R (Searched with Arms Hole) and RftDD.

[/quote']

How is it fetching RFTDD from the Graveyard? Cyber Valley?

[/quote']

D:

That's a good question.

Let's say that it uses RtfDD when it's not milled via Gate and Reasoning and does most of the Special Summoning with D.D.R.

[/quote']

D:

That's a good question.

Let's say that it uses RtfDD when it's not milled via Gate and Reasoning and does most of the Special Summoning with D.D.R.

What beatsticks is it Special Summoning with D.D.R., now that DMoC is out of the picture?

This sounds far less consistent than classic DDT if it can't get its Special Summon Everything card easily and needs to rely on D.D.R. instead... but I guess topping a couple of regionals isn't all that bad.

[/quote']

In case you weren't aware, once Allure of Darkness came out (giving DDT even more draw power than before), DDT became the second-best deck in the game, losing out to Dark Armed Return. The problem wasn't too much draw power - having more draw power than before improved it - but rather that it just wasn't quite as broken as Dark Armed Dragon and friends.

Unless, of course, you think that the phrase "around here" somehow makes things different even though the cards are exactly the same everywhere. I suppose it's possible that people where you live suck, seeing as DDT is the most skilled OTK deck the game has ever seen.

key word being was.

What on earth is that supposed to mean!? Reasoning is Limited! Monster Gate is Limited! Dark Magician of Chaos is Forbidden! Dimension Fusion is Forbidden! Every single component that was vital to DDT is no longer legal' date=' so of course DDT isn't top-tier anymore; it no longer exists! You may as well say that Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning is bad on the grounds that it isn't top tier anymore.

[/quote']

I was talking about the deck, and BLS isn't a deck, it's a single card, so how does that even compare?

and I don't know just how well this deck ever did, I'm not going to tournaments and checking on what the old best decks were, why would I? I'm improving my deck, not trying to make an old deck that is now out of date. I never fought the deck myself, I started going to tournaments right before the advent of synchros and tele-DAD (lucky me.) and wasn't even given the time of day on the people that had been playing for a lot longer than me until I got my hands on allure of darkness, and even then, they only wanted to get them off me.

all I know about the deck is what I saw from watching them, and DDT had never even gotten close to winning during my time.

I faced it once in traditional, and beat it easily, and it likely wasn't even a full DDT deck. and no, I didn't have yata or BLS or CED at the time, I was still trying to get my hands on kycoo commons for christ sake.

so get off my back for not starting to play tournaments earier, I never saw it in it's heyday.

all I know is that it was on the way out by the time I got started.

[/quote']

D:

That's a good question.

What beatsticks is it Special Summoning with D.D.R., now that DMoC is out of the picture?

This sounds far less consistent than classic DDT if it can't get its Special Summon Everything card easily and needs to rely on D.D.R. instead... but I guess topping a couple of regionals isn't all that bad.

3x Dark Creator

1x Darklord Zerato

And Synchros ...

And Geartown also has tops so ... they are not that important.

Archived