Draw Power: How important is your extra draw?

So I'm just curious, YCM: How important are your extra draws to you?

[spoiler=Would you play Traditional format?]

PotofGreedSD4-EN-C-1E.jpgGracefulCharityHL04-EN-UPR-UE.png

[spoiler=Would you discard?]

MorphingJarSDRL-EN-C-1E.jpg400px-CardDestructionSDZW-EN-C-1E.jpgHandDestructionDP07-EN-R-1E.pngDarkWorldDealingsCP07-EN-R-UE.pngDestinyDrawDP05-EN-UR.jpgVeilofDarknessGLD2-EN-GUR-LE.pngSolarRechargeLODT-EN-UR-1E.pngTrade-InSDRL-EN-C-1E.jpgCyberOuroborosPTDN-EN-C.jpg

[spoiler=Would you remove cards from play?]

AllureofDarknessRGBT-EN-SR-LE.pngCyberValleyPTDN-EN-SR-1E.pngTheBeginningoftheEndPTDN-EN-UR-1E.png400px-CardofSanctityDPYG-EN-R-1E.jpg

[spoiler=Would you play any of these?]

UpstartGoblinDB1-EN-C-UE.jpgRecklessGreedPGD-EN-R.jpgJarofGreedYSD-EN-C-1E.jpgGoldenBambooSwordLODT-EN-C-1E.png400px-DarkseaRescueANPR-EN-R-1E.jpgVortexTrooperGLAS-EN-SR.jpg400px-PotofAvariceSDZW-EN-C-1E.jpgGamblePSV-EN-C.jpgGoodGoblinHousekeepingDR3-EN-C-UE.jpg

Discuss Draw engines as a whole, the best draw engines in particular, and good alternatives to cards such as Allure and DDraw

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drawing' date=' and by extension tutoring, is by far the most important aspect of any competitive deck. If it can't draw fast, it loses faster.

[/quote']

I'm sorry, tutoring? =/

Adding cards from your deck to hand, it's an older term used in other TCGs

I think the word tutoring is used for such a term because there was a series of cards called "Tutors" in MTG that did just that or something similar, such as...

Image.ashx?multiverseid=193867&type=card

...one of the most broken cards in MTG. At least that how I see it.

As for draw power, Core Compression, Tuningware, Fortune Lady Water, Card Trooper, Moray of Greed, Gladiator Beast's Respite, and maybe even Mad Reloader if you so wish to include it are all missing. There are others I'm sure, but those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Draw power is quite important to the game because it speeds up many decks and makes them more consistent. Granted, those that can't use one end up losing, but, with the way they make "Discard [insert specification] card. Draw 2 cards." cards, it seems, eventually every deck will have access to something like that. They just need to make one for Reptiles now....

Draw power is quite important to the game because it speeds up many decks and makes them more consistent. Granted' date=' those that can't use one end up losing, but, with the way they make "Discard [insert specification'] card. Draw 2 cards." cards, it seems, eventually every deck will have access to something like that. They just need to make one for Reptiles now....

There are plenty of LV8 Reptiles for them to run Trade-In, me thinks...

Upstart Goblin is godly!

The more your draw, the more access you have to cards from your deck.

The more you draw, the higher chance you have of getting the clinch in the combo.

The more you draw, the less your relying on luck to give you a great card next draw ohase.

It's that important, AND that simple,

Any time a player draws 2 cards off garoth's effect the opponent may as well scoop tbh.

This.

What about Ancient Leaf, (Toon) Masked Sorcerer, Spirit Of The Six Samurai, Yamata Dragon, Pot Of Avarice, Fifth Hope, Alien Grey, Batteryman Micro-Cell, and Blizzed - Defender Of The Ice Barrier? Those are ones I can think of off the top of my head.

As for me, I really only have draw power in the form of monsters. Though, abusing Morphing Jar with Book Of Moon is fun. And having three Toon Masked Sorcerers on the field for at least three turns is just... awesome. =D

Was "The Beginning of the End" ever a good draw card? Or Card of Sanctity?

The Beginning of the End was experimented with in DDT, but it was never any good - DDT had enough trouble just dealing with its standard nine +0 draw cards. Card of Sanctity gets used in Bubbleman Burn, since it's pretty much a standard +0 draw card there.

Was "The Beginning of the End" ever a good draw card? Or Card of Sanctity?

The Beginning of the End was experimented with in DDT' date=' but it was never any good - DDT had enough trouble just dealing with its standard nine +0 draw cards. Card of Sanctity gets used in Bubbleman Burn, since it's pretty much a standard +0 draw card there.

[/quote']

Ah, ok, makes sense

Archived