Why do structure decks fail?

Because that way Konami can create Booster Packs with some of the neceassary support in it' date=' so that people who bought the structure deck can buy those booster packs to "upgrade" their deck, so that konami can make a bigger profit out of it then only selling strucutre decks.

[/quote']

Hmmmmm...interesting. I just like to be 3 structure decks and combine them...I don't really buy boosters.

They run highlanders because you have to buy more copies of said structre deck.

And Structure decks dont fail, they include awesome re-prints of wanted cards, and give us new ones in the process.

Like how the Spellcaster one gives you Summoner Monk

And how the new 5Ds one gave us Airbellum

They run highlanders because you have to buy more copies of said structre deck.

And Structure decks dont fail' date=' they include awesome re-prints of wanted cards, and give us new ones in the process.

Like how the Spellcaster one gives you Summoner Monk

And how the new 5Ds one gave us Airbellum

[/quote']

If you look at the overall themes though they fail epicaly (most of them anyway).

What' date=' were you expecting Konami to sell you a pre-packaged Tele-DAD deck? The point of structure decks is twofold: to provide newbies with a starting point, and to provide experienced players with some good cards. They satisfy both these purposes.

[/quote']

Plus to make money by making even better cards in boosters.

Structure decks are bad because if they weren't hard-core players would be mad. Can you imagine how many people would quit the game on the spot if Konami released a Lightsworn Structure deck with 2 JD, 3 Honest, and other stuff. They are designed to introduce new(good) concepts without making the deck itself very good at all.

Structure decks are bad because if they weren't hard-core players would be mad. Can you imagine how many people would quit the game on the spot if Konami released a Lightsworn Structure deck with 2 JD' date=' 3 Honest, and other stuff. They are designed to introduce new(good) concepts without making the deck itself very good at all.

[/quote']

Lol, Yugioh would die if Konami made perfect decks.

the idea of the structure decks is just so you can have a "playable deck" but in reality is all about the main card that brings (example, the BEWD deck brings you 1 BEWD card and the rest has some what or nothing at to help him out). now if you want to build your true powerful deck you must get the booster packs to help you maximize combos for it, thats where the real cards that you need are.

take it more like the structure decks as bait for the players so they can buy the booster packs and upgrade there decks. for Konami doing all that = $$$ for them.

They don't suck you get 40 cards for 10$. That's a pretty good deal and you get a lot of playable cards. Buying multiple copies even gives you a decent deck' date=' better than the piles of fail I see in the traditional deck section.

[/quote']

In my country it's 30$.

USD!?!?! If not, I guess it's normal if your currency is worth less. If yes, wow that sucks.

Structure decks are bad because if they weren't hard-core players would be mad. Can you imagine how many people would quit the game on the spot if Konami released a Lightsworn Structure deck with 2 JD' date=' 3 Honest, and other stuff. They are designed to introduce new(good) concepts without making the deck itself very good at all.

[/quote']

I remenber the 1st zombie structure deck. I was able to build a deck using it and a very small amount of cards from my collection to build a chaos zombie deck (with sorcerers not BLS) competitive enough to win tournaments.

People don't get the fact that structure decks are a good way to start. You can make a full macro cosmos deck with dark emperor. A decent gadget with machine revolt, with the possibility to make it a stun deck in the future. A good zombie deck with both zombie structures. You won't end up with a big meta deck but for your money you will have something strong enough for local tournaments and probably even regional tournament.

Too many times I see newcomers try to get the meta decks or try to play what they see in the anime. 1st of all they are new to this so they don't have the experience and the skill to build decks and play competitively. They need to learn a lot of stuff and structure decks are a good way to start.

They don't suck you get 40 cards for 10$. That's a pretty good deal and you get a lot of playable cards. Buying multiple copies even gives you a decent deck' date=' better than the piles of fail I see in the traditional deck section.

[/quote']

In my country it's 30$.

USD!?!?! If not, I guess it's normal if your currency is worth less. If yes, wow that sucks.

Actually, everything YGO related is more expensive. Boosters are 8$ (I've found a place that offered it for 5$, but I bought them all and they haven't got more). Structure and Starter decks are 30$ (going even up to 40$ if you buy it in a mall). The 2009 tins are 68$.

OT: I have only bought 1 structure deck yet (mostly because of the price here and because there are not a lot of options in the store), The Dark Emperor deck, and I can say that a person just starting to play the game and with only a few cards, can find it as a very good base for a deck.

[/quote']

In my country it's 30$.

Actually, everything YGO related is more expensive. Boosters are 8$ (I've found a place that offered it for 5$, but I bought them all and they haven't got more). Structure and Starter decks are 30$ (going even up to 40$ if you buy it in a mall). The 2009 tins are 68$.

Lol BS where do you live?

The Japanese ones have always been decent. Common CCv FTW!

Our SD's started getting decent starting from Dark Emperor. If you just have a look at how many Caius's from that Deck are in circulation, you'll see that many people bought that Deck. Hell, my little bro bought 3 of them, just for the Caius in it! (I bought all of his cards for €15 when he quit Yugioh ;p)

Zombie world was good; it gave us Zombie Master and Zombie World itself, and some of the support that can still be seen in today's Zombie Decks.

Spellcasters were already popular, but cards like Summoner Monk and Book of Moon got people to buy this Deck.

Gemini Warriors started seeing play after their SD, and everyone just loved how Bribe became a Common.

And right now, we're excited and stuff because we'll get Cyber Dragon and D-Prison.

Structure Decks are awesome, because lately, they're giving players with a small budget a chance to build Decks that can actually win.

[/quote']

In my country it's 30$.

Lol BS where do you live?

I live in Paraguay. Here we don't have a YGO distributor, so anyone who wants to sell YGO stuff, have to buy it from another country and bring it here. That increases the cost.

I'm still waiting for the TCG version of the Fairy SD. I just don't think it'll see the light of day in this side of the world, just because of the common Solemn Judgement. The DARK SD didn't came here due to CCV.

[/quote']

In my country it's 30$.

[/quote']

I remenber the 1st zombie structure deck. I was able to build a deck using it and a very small amount of cards from my collection to build a chaos zombie deck (with sorcerers not BLS) competitive enough to win tournaments.

People don't get the fact that structure decks are a good way to start. You can make a full macro cosmos deck with dark emperor. A decent gadget with machine revolt, with the possibility to make it a stun deck in the future. A good zombie deck with both zombie structures. You won't end up with a big meta deck but for your money you will have something strong enough for local tournaments and probably even regional tournament.

Too many times I see newcomers try to get the meta decks or try to play what they see in the anime. 1st of all they are new to this so they don't have the experience and the skill to build decks and play competitively. They need to learn a lot of stuff and structure decks are a good way to start.

The dark emperor deck is awesome because you can get caius. Infact, it gives you the basics, then you get boosters to make it more powerful. Works that way in pretty much every structure deck.

Archived