Giant Trunade should be banned.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trunade should be banned long before heavy.

Thank God. I was starting to fear that the thread would be populated entirely with people who don't understand how a good banlist works.

That's assuming one of them HAS to be banned. Personally I have no real problem with either existing. It's just that trunade is a lot worse for the game than storm and because storm is a necessary card in the game.

Maybe it shouldn't be. But Heavy certainly shouldn't be banned without this.

Trunade should be banned long before heavy.

Thank God. I was starting to fear that the thread would be populated entirely with people who don't understand how a good banlist works.

That's assuming one of them HAS to be banned. Personally I have no real problem with either existing. It's just that trunade is a lot worse for the game than storm and because storm is a necessary card in the game.

And this

if GT becomes banned shouldnt JD and everything like it go too?

I mean, shouldn't your opponent be expecting Mirror Force, Heavy Storm, and a Giant Trunade in any opponents deck...

Thats why we load it up with Solemns/Prohibitions/Dust Tornadoes/MSTs..

Just cause its good doesn't mean it has to go. >___>

if GT becomes banned shouldnt JD and everything like it go too?

I mean' date=' shouldn't your opponent be expecting Mirror Force, Heavy Storm, and a Giant Trunade in any opponents deck...

Thats why we load it up with Solemns/Prohibitions/Dust Tornadoes/MSTs..

Just cause its good doesn't mean it has to go. >___>

[/quote']

Counter ability =/= balance.

Prohibition and Solemn both stop CED, so should we unban him.

Guest PikaPerson01

Hino is my friend. Let's just leave it to that.

Trunade -> Mausolemn -> Hino

Unless Mausoleum of the Emperors was on the field first, Heavy Storm + Mausoleum + Hino = The exact same thing.

Not to say that's a good or a bad thing...

Crab's logic is really quite lulzy

No' date=' Giant Trunade shouldn't be banned. Justify your decision, salty.

[/quote']

wait, Wait, WAIT...

B.Luster said he was Crab Helmet.

....So with that logic, B.Luster and Salty are related/share the infmaoud 'Crab Helmet' account?

O,o

Guest Chaos Pudding

Crab's logic is really quite lulzy

No' date=' Giant Trunade shouldn't be banned. Justify your decision, salty.

[/quote']

wait, Wait, WAIT...

B.Luster said he was Crab Helmet.

....So with that logic, B.Luster and Salty are related/share the infmaoud 'Crab Helmet' account?

O,o

Where did B.Luster say that, and where did salty confirm?

ITT: If you're a super mod, you're allowed to have multiple accounts. And everyone else gets really excited about it.

Otherwise, Trunade i questionable only because it promotes OTKs without having much of a significant nonOTK related impact upon the game. That being said, on a good list, this shouldn't much matter because those problematic OTKs it can supplement would be gone.

Guest Chaos Pudding

ITT: If you're a super mod' date=' you're allowed to have multiple accounts. And everyone else gets really excited about it.

Otherwise, Trunade i questionable only because it promotes OTKs without having much of a significant nonOTK related impact upon the game. That being said, on a good list, this shouldn't much matter because those problematic OTKs it can supplement would be gone.

[/quote']

We're not talking about this forum.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Abusable Trunade is indeed abusable

@Hikaru: Found it:

Crab' date=' Who are you from Gamefaqs.... I cant quite figure out who you are.

[/quote']

B Luster Soldier.

He was obviously joking. And I disagree.

Giant Trunade to 3. There are no OTKs, it's a -1, all it does is reverse overextension temporarily so that they don't have to consider face-down S/Ts for a turn. A fair cost for a reasonable benefit to have at no cost of advantage to your opponent.

Konami decides where it goes on the ban list' date=' not YCM.

[/quote']

If you can't understand the concept of hypothetical scenarios by now, you should leave. Now.

[/quote']

If you can't understand the concept of hypothetical scenarios by now, you should leave. Now.

We don't decide. Besides, I already said how I wanted it to be done. It won't happen, unless I was like the boss at konami. There wasn't much of a good reason to post that either. Don't know what you were thinking. >__>

Something I love about trunade is that it bypasses several hindrances of heavy storm, making it actually considerably superior in several instances.

The first and funniest one is that it completely bumfucks endymion. Magical super special awesome endymion that is totally immune to heavy storm, mst and your mother gets demolished by trunade.

Next, trunade stalls decks like geartown abusers in a way heavy can't. Obviously heavy storm destroys a geartown, giving them the dragon, but trunade just bounces it for the turn, allowing you to clear their backfield without unleashing a beast.

When used in a control type deck, it's infinitely superior to heavy storm. Oppression, swords, steel cage, bind, level limit, messenger, counter traps, even field spells (not counting endymion, gear town, morphtronic map), any of these cards like to be protected. stall, oppression, low level beatdown, counter fairies lol, etc, these decks prefer to run trunade over heavy storm. These kinds of decks might not be making a big otk sweep, but even so, their sweeps like to be protected, and so do their sts, as they usually form the backbone of the deck.

And last, you get to re-use coth. Sweet.

Do I think it should be banned though? If heavy storm stays limited, this stays limited. It's a variant thereof and provides interesting strategy.

New train of thought, what if the banlist stipulated that a deck could only run heavy or trunade?

New train of thought' date=' what if the banlist stipulated that a deck could only run heavy [i']or[/i] trunade?

that would just be absurd, and if that really did happen that would be the dumbest thing about the ban list. but just to entertain this idea, i would choose heavy, bcuz it destroys everything, and there are only so many situations in which trunade is better.

[/quote']

We don't decide. Besides, I already said how I wanted it to be done. It won't happen, unless I was like the boss at konami. There wasn't much of a good reason to post that either. Don't know what you were thinking. >__>

That's why its hypothetical. FFS man.

Archived