Cards that shouldn't even be banned?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Royal Magical Library is banworthy - which is not something I care to debate at this time - then it is banworthy for reasons unrelated to Gearfried + Elma. The Gearfried + Elma combo is unacceptable even in the absence of RML, as there are bountiful other cards that can OTK (if not FTK) when granted an infinite series of Spell Card activations.

On top of that, as I pointed out, one can still play Elma without the dagger. You just have to replace the daggers with Waboku - so what if you can't use its effect, same with Gyphon Wing, Jar Robber, White Hole, etc.

Banning the dagger leaves more combos and more of the card pool open while stopping the ridiculous combo.

On top of that' date=' as I pointed out, one can still play Elma without the dagger. You just have to replace the daggers with Waboku - so what if you can't use its effect, same with Gyphon Wing, Jar Robber, White Hole, etc.

Banning the dagger leaves more combos and more of the card pool open while stopping the ridiculous combo.

[/quote']

Guardian Elma has no meaning without the dagger. Swordsmaster can still be summoned with Diamond Dude without losing any effect.

Swordmaster isn't the only major thing about Gearfried, or did you ignore what Crab said?

In addition to the Release Restraint thing' date=' Gearfried has synergy with cards like Blast With Chain and Smoke Grenade of the Thief, and counters cards like Mark of the Rose. Elma, on the other hand, does nothing whatsoever of note. Gearfried wins.

[/quote']

i dont think that graceful charity and pot of greed shoul be banned. only one. graceful charity lets u draw 3 cards but discard 2. ultimately u add 1 card 2 ur hand. shouldn't be banned.

You, sir, have made my day.

Graceful Charity is just... no. 'Dark World' should ring a bell.

And Pot of Greed? Seriously.... it's 2 cards with no cost.

lolDarkWorlds

Zombies and LS.

It would still be banworthy if Dark Worlds' date=' Lightlords, and Zombies didn't exist.

[/quote']

If LS, Zombies and a bunch of other decks didn't exist, I'd have liked a format with this at one. Just for some "lulz". Now the thought of drawing 3 cards and discarding Mezuki is frightening.

lolDarkWorlds

Zombies and LS.

It would still be banworthy if Dark Worlds' date=' Lightlords, and Zombies didn't exist.

[/quote']

If LS, Zombies and a bunch of other decks didn't exist, I'd have liked a format with this at one. Just for some "lulz". Now the thought of drawing 3 cards and discarding Mezuki and Plaguespreader is frightening.

Fix'd

lolDarkWorlds

Zombies and LS.

[/quote']

If LS, Zombies and a bunch of other decks didn't exist, I'd have liked a format with this at one. Just for some "lulz". Now the thought of drawing 3 cards and discarding Mezuki and Plaguespreader is frightening.

Fix'd

Ouch.

Archived