[DISC] Lightsworns Archtype

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

polaris, from what game is your avatar, i cant remember

OT: a deck that mills itself was an interesting idea, but konami decide to give it brokeness and ruin the idea

lightlords are not the most brilliant archtype made, and certainly it requires much less skill to build than other decks...

and sadly this random deck is tier 1

I hate Judgment, and his existence ruins the archetype. It turns a nice, fun deck into a steaming pile of meta that I almost hate myself for playing. I run Lightsworns, but I run JUST Lightsworns, I ignored Judgment completely and rely on the Lightsworns themselves. They themselves, as people have said, are perfectly playable and competitive, but Judgment just throws them over the edge.

I hate going to my local card shop and have people jabroni at me for not running Judgment, then getting glares and weird looks from people who're thinking: "LOLOLOL WUT A NUB."

I actually like the Lightsworn archetype a lot, even if they could only be a fun deck at best, I'd still build them. Their idea is interesting to me, and I have a feeling I'm one in a million there just from looking at all the Lightsworn hate in this thread.

They think that JD is the best card in Lightsworns but it doesn't even have Lightsworn in the name so...

Well, for good reason. He'd be even more broken if he had Lightsworn in his name.

@Luis2: Because they're all meta players. Fun decks don't exist to them, and not Net Decking is a whole new world for them. Creating a deck on your own is like... blasphemous.

so they are the noobs for only use netdecking

anyway, in march we will see how the banhammer works on lightlords

but in the end is konami, ban JD and make another similar lightlord card for not kill the archtype.......

maybe in shining darkness will be lightlords support from the exclusives

so they are the noobs for only use netdecking

anyway' date=' in march we will see how the banhammer works on lightlords

but in the end is konami, ban JD and make another similar lightlord card for not kill the archtype.......

maybe in shining darkness will be lightlords support from the exclusives

[/quote']

I can see it now

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 3 "Lightsworn" monsters with different names. Every time you remove cards from your Deck, destroy cards up to the number of cards removed. During each of your End Phases, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by tributing 3 "Lightsworn" monsters with different names. Every time you remove cards from your Deck, destroy cards up to the number of cards removed. During each of your End Phases, send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

that makes perfect sense

looks like it will kill itself after one or two turns

that makes perfect sense

You just NOW Konami will do something like that. I mean, its Konami. Konami thinks Money > Actual Card Game

Erm, I know an even more broken LS boss monster that could be made than that:

Once per turn, you can Special Summon this card from your deck. This card's Summon cannot be chained to. Whenever a card(s) is sent from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard, your opponent loses 1000 LP, then send one card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. During each of your End Phases, send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard

LV1, Light, 0 ATK, 0 DEF

Let us hope they never do that.

no no no,

it will be

Allumina, Lightsworn Goddess

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 "Judgment Dragon" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard from play. This card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy all cards your opponent controls. Then, Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. During each of your End Phases, send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Now thats what the boss monster should be.

OT:

LS are sexy.

i have all of them ^_^

Lyla is the sex symbol of LS if anyone didnt know.

Erm' date=' I know an even more broken LS boss monster that could be made than that:

Once per turn, you can Special Summon this card from your deck. This card's Summon cannot be chained to. Whenever a card(s) is sent from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard, your opponent loses 1000 LP, then send one card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. During each of your End Phases, send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard

LV1, Light, 0 ATK, 0 DEF

Let us hope they never do that.

You play it, you win, no matter what.

It's effect of sending cards from the top during the end of your turn means auto-win. Cuz then you send more. How fun.

KONAMI...LETS DO IT!

no no no' date='

it will be

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 "Judgment Dragon" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard from play. This card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy all cards your opponent controls. Then, Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. During each of your End Phases, send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

[/quote']

how fun is the fact that if JD is banned, the new boss monster is useless and LS will have no boss monster, aside from celestia

no no no' date='

it will be

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 5 "Lightsworn" monsters from your hand, Deck or Graveyard from play. This card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy all cards your opponent controls. Then, Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. During each of your End Phases, send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

[/quote']

how fun is the fact that if JD is banned, the new boss monster is useless and LS will have no boss monster, aside from celestia

Fix'd the effect.

no no no' date='

it will be

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 5 "Lightsworn" monsters from your hand, Deck or Graveyard from play. This card cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, you can send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to destroy all cards your opponent controls. Then, Special Summon 1 "Lightsworn" monster from your Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. During each of your End Phases, send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

[/quote']

You guys have it all wrong. The new boss master is gonna be something totally unbannable according to konami becuase it has a "reasonable cost". Im under the impression that it'll be a beatstick, probably a dragon (because god knows konami must make every boss monster a dragon). More than likely, it'll have an effect that will let it be summoned without tribute when it meets a certain condition that is especially easy to accomplish due to the other lightsworn effects. The remaining effect of the monster will make it near impossible for the opponent to recover after the effect is activated, maybe a field nuker. Oh wait... that already exists.

More OT: LS don't really need a new boss monster, they play fine without JD (honestly, just substitute Gragonith in). They STILL have honest, and will remain at least tier 2 even after JD is banned.

Archived