An Idea to make all broken Spell cards not broken -.-

I came up with this idea and like to share it here and hear your opinions,

dunno if it's the right section, anyways

What if we had something like MP ? and every spell card has an MP cost

for example let's say that the standard MP for the game is 5 points. Powerful Spell cards (let's say Brain, Mind, Heavy storm, ..)

The MP restores in your next turn.

This will make the game more balanced and maybe even make the broken-banned cards unbroken, like Butterfly Dagger, it's a very useful card but was banned only because of the Infinite draw loop. If the MP cost exists, and this would cost 3+ tp play, then this loop will stop and the card can come back ..

and when the spell becomes more powerful when future cards are released, it will not have to be hit with the ban or Limit hammer, but instead rise its MP cost

I'm thinkin of using this idea here in my town xD

so i need your opinions & suggestions

It doesn't make any card less powerful' date=' Regiki would still be just as broken =/

It's a bad idea and messing with the fundamentals is tricky.

[/quote']

the game in these days sucks -_- something has to be change if not banning all the cards that made this game suck

Why when someone comes with "idea how to make YGO better"' date=' this idea is ALWAYS a rip-off from DM/MTG/Pokemon TCG?

[/quote']

because DM/MTG are the PERFECT model of how a card game can be fun and balanced

and actually I realized how much YGO sucks when I started to play MTG,

the game has to get balanced like the old days somehow

and I am just thinking of ideas

I don't see why you say something has to change. Not all cards are still playable, yes. You could say that power creep has imposed a MTG format sort of thing where most cards fall out of current play and the new sets take over, but the game is still very enjoyable.

The game's fun. There's a large card pool. FTKs are inconsistent enough that there's no reason for them to really be on your mind. Not much needs modifying.

Also, "Balanced like the old days", all heil Yata lock.

Really, seeing the game shift so that Monarchs or Sams or something were tier 1 could be quite enjoyable, but it isn't required.

This idea is stupid. You can't just change a fundamental rule of the game without greatly upsetting the already established card balance.

What are you talking about' date=' this is a fantastic idea!While we're at it, why don't we just make it so you can choose your opening hand, that way exodia will be top-tier. Let's unban time seal and Yata Garasu while we're at it.

This idea is stupid. You can't just change a fundamental rule of the game without greatly upsetting the already established card balance.

What are you talking about' date=' this is a fantastic idea!While we're at it, why don't we just make it so you can choose your opening hand, that way exodia will be top-tier. Let's unban time seal and Yata Garasu while we're at it.

Go play Magic The Gathering and never come back. ~ <3

Go play Magic The Gathering and never come back. ~ <3

Sarcasm is fun. As is white text that's only visible upon highlight.

Guest PikaPerson01

Are you a moron or something? "Derp! Read the highlighted text!" I did, you're still a moron.

On-topic: There are a bunch of problems with trying to put a ban on broken spells in this way. Firstly, who would be the one deciding this number point system? Secondly, this doesn't really accomplish anything, especially if someone can still play the bannable cards. Thirdly, if the bannable cards become more difficult to play, people will go ahead and focus on bannable traps and bannable effect monsters.

Archived