Fuel Batteryman

Fuel Batteryman 「燃料電池メン」

LIGHT/Thunder - Thunder/6/2100/0

If you control (???) or more face-up "Batteryman" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can select and return 1 card your opponent controls to the owner's hand by releasing 1 "Batteryman" monster other than this card.

Rare

(???) could be 1,2,3, IDK. At the most, I hope 2.

Until then, we don't know. But Discuss uses.

(I also hope a Tuner comes out...)

*Sigh* I guess Batteryman AAA will have to fall under the garbage list of Batteryman monsters being a 0 ATK monster that only SS's other copies of itself. I suppose this card is meant to be used in conjunction with Batteryman AAA but it could be used with any other Batteryman as most of the theme can SS themselves. Putting the uselessness of Batteryman AAA aside this card is incredigood for Batteryman decks. It deals with a ton of Synchros that have annoying effects like BW - Armor Master or Stardust Dragon. Batteryman bounce sounds good but not meta-breaking good.

I <3 THIS TOPIC!

.......Anyway

*Sigh* I guess Batteryman AAA will have to fall under the garbage list of Batteryman monsters being a 0 ATK monster that only SS's other copies of itself.

Are you crazy?

Special Summoning copies of itself is for:

ShortCircuitLODT-EN-C-1E.png

And if these 2 are as good as I hope they are, I may end up finding a replacement for Batteryman D

"May" is the keyword here.

Batteryman AAA is garbage but fuel cell is good for swarming and a decent beat stick. It doesn't say you can only control one of these on the field so you can play Batteryman Recharger to SS a Batteryman from your Deck then SS multiple copies of this card for a potential field swarm OTK since you could bounce back whatever opposition they had.

It combos pretty nicely with Degenerative Circuit to RFG whatever it bounces but the card combo is too situational and too specific to be run at a consistent level. The old batteryman builds were good as is so it's not necessary to run a continous spell for such a situational combo.

Battermanz are making a comeback

No. The 2 new cards are utterly horrible and don't support the theme at all.

Come on' date=' they arent [i']that[/i] bad.

Batteryman AAA is garbage

ITT: Underestimating is pro

Fine, it's not utter garbage but I don't see it being the exact card that the theme needed. It does carry some synergy for the deck type but requires some maintenance to build up your momentum. It combos with some cards from the theme but if you don't happen to draw into those necessary pieces it can easily become a dead draw to you. I can see it being useful for meeting the requirements of Short Circuit as well as being fodder for Fuel Cell and Industrial Strength once their SS capabilities have been run dry. For balancing purposes it was good that the effect only triggers when Normal Summoned. Yes, it is a capable target for Inferno Reckless Summon and all other Batteryman SS cards but other Batteryman seem better targets for those cards. If played right it's a free +1 to your field to meet the requirements of Fuel Cell to do some consistent bouncing and with Quick Charger you could keep the effect going by returning the expended monsters to your hand. I see its uses there for sure.

Archived