Starlight Road

"Activate only when an effect was activated that destroys 2 or more cards you control."

I keep wondering about this... Is it really saying "when a card effect was activated that at the time of activation would destroy 2 or more cards", or "a card whose effect states that it will destroys 2 or more cards", such as Icarus Attack or something.

I guess it wouldn't be as useful if it were the latter, so hopefully the former.

use with multiply and torrential tribute.

Nope' date=' Multiply's effect always fills up your zones, there's no room left on the field for Stardust.

[/quote']

I said torrential tribute.

If you activate this in response, TT will be negated, and you'll still have 5 monsters out and no space for Stardust.

At best you run 1 of this in your deck and I know some japanese decks are using this card at 1 but it seems more like a side deck choice. It definitely makes for an ideal tech choice against Blackwings since they run 2-3 Icarus Attack, Blackrose Dragon and Heavy Storm for sure. There is the possibility they main deck Torrential Tribute, Lightning Vortex and Mirror Force as well so you are looking at 7-8 very commonly played cards that see play in pretty much every duel that can meet this cards activation requirements. Though I'd be hard pressed running more than 1 copy of this card in a deck and there's always the potential of this being a dead draw.

Should be banned.

The only reason to keep something as broken as Heavy Storm away from the banlist is to punish overextension. Releasing a card that not only encourages overextension, but also gives you a +1 in the form of a 2500 beater is stupid.

When an anti-meta player says that one of the best cards in an anti-meta deck is bannable, you know that there is something wrong ...

Should be banned.

The only reason to keep something as broken as Heavy Storm away from the banlist is to punish overextension. Releasing a card that not only encourages overextension' date=' but also gives you a +1 in the form of a 2500 beater is stupid.

[s']When an anti-meta player says that one of the best cards in an anti-meta deck is bannable, you know that there is something wrong ...[/s]

but it also protects aganist wipe effects, which are just as bad for the game as un-threatened overextension, though for different reasons.

this card stops them.

and this card is inherently defensive, meaning that you can't abuse it without using up 2 cards on your own field, and only a few cards can do an effect that kills your own 2+ cards. (that are worth using at least.)

I'm pretty sure that this card is going to say something along the lines of "if a card you opponent controls destorys 2 or more cards on your side of the field..." that way it's not quite as abuseable. Anyway' date=' I think that this is the excuse for Konami to ban/limit stardust.

[/quote']

This was released in Japan AGES AGO, with the same wording as in the first post.

Archived