Batteryman discussion [Batteryman discussion]

-What do you think is the most useful support?IMO' date=' The Creator[/b']

-Who is your fave. one?Batteryman AA

-Do you think they have good supporters?Yes, yes they do

-Do you think this deck may be good in today's meta?They would need some over-killing boss monster. Honest doesnt count.

-Should I focus on building BM deck?UR MOM

Cough*

*starts setting up Armadilloz beacon*

Guess my favorite...

Battery.gif

I <3 you guys

-What do you think is the most useful support?IMO' date=' The Creator[/b'] Does it really work?

-Who is your fave. one?Batteryman AA Makes sense

-Do you think they have good supporters?Yes, yes they do Happy :) ^-^

-Do you think this deck may be good in today's meta?They would need some over-killing boss monster. Honest doesnt count. What about their new support(not as bosses)

-Should I focus on building BM deck?UR MOM I'll take it as a yes

I made a Battery deck in 09. It was fun' date=' but I'm sure Arm could do better.

[/quote']

Batterymanz are pretty effective in Wc09.

But knowing the Wi-fi, you have to combat the oh-so-ridundant DAD decks with a constant spam of Short Circuit. And thats pretty hard >__>

If Arm is AA' date=' then I'm....

[img']http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6370/fuelcellbatterymantshdj.jpg[/img]

UR DOING IT WRONG!

Its funnier without the added image, since we can slap an "INVISIBLE CHEESEBURGER!" tag on it.

I made a Battery deck in 09. It was fun' date=' but I'm sure Arm could do better.

[/quote']

Batterymanz are pretty effective in Wc09.

But knowing the Wi-fi, you have to combat the oh-so-ridundant DAD decks with a constant spam of Short Circuit. And thats pretty hard >__>

If Arm is AA' date=' then I'm....

[img']http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6370/fuelcellbatterymantshdj.jpg[/img]

UR DOING IT WRONG!

Its funnier without the added image, since we can slap an "INVISIBLE CHEESEBURGER!" tag on it.

I knew that, but when I got to the cheezeburger and saw this,well, read:

when-you-see-it-youll-shit-bricks.jpg

That is why Arm.

EDIT: It's not going to show it, but it says that at the bottom.

Built a new batteryman deck a few days ago because of the 2 new support and I finally see the usefulness to Batteryman AAA though he doesn't make the deck but he does provide good fodder for other effects.

The 2 new monsters that Shining Darkness gets can set batteryman up for a different OTK scenario allowing you to field swarm with the right hand. Basically goes like this: Normal Summon AAA, SS another AAA from your hand or Graveyard, SS Fuel Cell, play Short Circuit to the clear the field, SS 2 more Fuel Cells and swing for game. Alternatively, you can SS Industrial Strength as well if you don't have enough Fuel Cell's in your hand.

Fuel Cell provides early advantage and has good synergy with AAA provided you built the deck right. Unfortunately, it's still too slow against Lightsworns but works well against other tier 2 decks in my play testing. The biggest issue with batteryman is that they have no draw power. They have nothing to speed the deck up in comparison to other decks. At best you can reckless greeds and trade-ins with Industrial Strength but with only 3 targets Trade-In is not the right card to run in the deck. You end up needing to use stall cards like threatening roar to help prolong them but deck space becomes tight.

Built a new batteryman deck a few days ago because of the 2 new support and I finally see the usefulness to Batteryman AAA though he doesn't make the deck but he does provide good fodder for other effects.

The 2 new monsters that Shining Darkness gets can set batteryman up for a different OTK scenario allowing you to field swarm with the right hand. Basically goes like this: Normal Summon AAA' date=' SS another AAA from your hand or Graveyard, SS Fuel Cell, play Short Circuit to the clear the field, SS 2 more Fuel Cells and swing for game. Alternatively, you can SS Industrial Strength as well if you don't have enough Fuel Cell's in your hand.

Fuel Cell provides early advantage and has good synergy with AAA provided you built the deck right. Unfortunately, it's still too slow against Lightsworns but works well against other tier 2 decks in my play testing. The biggest issue with batteryman is that they have no draw power. They have nothing to speed the deck up in comparison to other decks. At best you can reckless greeds and trade-ins with Industrial Strength but with only 3 targets Trade-In is not the right card to run in the deck. You end up needing to use stall cards like threatening roar to help prolong them but deck space becomes tight.

[/quote']

If you can't draw, search. I don't play batterymen and I don't plan on it, but Shining Angel seems like a good choice if you want to use IRS for game :S

The 2 new monsters that Shining Darkness gets can set batteryman up for a different OTK scenario allowing you to field swarm with the right hand. Basically goes like this: Normal Summon AAA' date=' SS another AAA from your hand or Graveyard, SS Fuel Cell, play Short Circuit to the clear the field, SS 2 more Fuel Cells and swing for game. Alternatively, you can SS Industrial Strength as well if you don't have enough Fuel Cell's in your hand.

[/quote']

If you can't draw, search. I don't play batterymen and I don't plan on it, but Shining Angel seems like a good choice if you want to use IRS for game :S

IRS doesn't work with Shining Angel...

[/quote']

IRS doesn't work with Shining Angel...

*facepalm* Yeah, shoulda caught that, but still searching is the way to go if you can't draw.

I just realized that there are quite a few gaps next to the new batterymen...I think more support is to come.

And Fuel Cell would be better if it returned the Batteryman to the hand instead of Tributing, then you could abuse him with other copies.

I just hope we get a Tuner and a Synchro. >:0

Deck Space is really tight and I don't think Shining Angel is the right choice for this besides IRS. It just has no synergy with the rest of the deck and forces you to sacrifice other Shining Angels or a Batteryman to absorb attacks and while that would deck thin by 4 cards it seems rather pointless to do when I could just concentrate on a better strategy.

Deck Space is really tight and I don't think Shining Angel is the right choice for this besides IRS. It just has no synergy with the rest of the deck and forces you to sacrifice other Shining Angels or a Batteryman to absorb attacks and while that would deck thin by 4 cards it seems rather pointless to do when I could just concentrate on a better strategy.

Yeah' date=' I completly spaced on the dmg step summon. What Batterymen need is an in-type tutor or draw card.[hr']

No' date=' not every archetype needs synchros, I'm ashamed you even thought that...

[/quote']

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Love the pic, but I'm serious.

Yeah' date=' I completly spaced on the dmg step summon. What Batterymen need is an in-type tutor or draw card.[hr']

No' date=' not every archetype needs synchros, I'm ashamed you even thought that...

[/quote']

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

So you're sayin batteryman doesn't deserve one?

[/quote']

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

I'm saying not every archetype need one not that they don't deserve one, two very different statements.

[/quote']

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

I'm saying not every archetype need one not that they don't deserve one, two very different statements.

You have to admit though, that it would be cool, if it were fun to use, I mean. :/

Stop quoting the same thing people. :/

Batteryman should not get a tuner just how LS shouldn't get one.

Batteryman could use a draw card of some sort but I don't think every archetype should include a draw and tutor card though they do make for a successful archetype.

Archived