Opinions on Core Blast

Here's a card I just got out of a pack the other day. It's a powerful trap card called Core Blast.

Name: Core Blast

Card Type: Continuous Trap

Effect: You can only activate this cards effect while you control a Face-up "Koaki Meiru" Monster. Once per turn, during your standby phase, If your opponent controls more monsters than you, you can destroy a number of cards your opponent controls so that your opponent will control the same number of cards as you control monsters.

My opinion: Can we say Wrath of God? This card is incredibly powerful, i'm amazed it isn't forbidden, or atleast Limited.

(Those of you that don't know what Wrath of God is. It's a card from Magic the Gathering that destroys every card on the field.)

If you're controlling only 1 monster, (Being the Koaki Meiru Monster itself) and your opponents field is full of cards, Then during your next standby phase, your opponent will have to send all but 1 card on their side of the field to the graveyard.

The only downside i'm seeing on this card is;

1. You'll have to keep your Koaki Meiru Monster in play in order to use it's effect over and over again. And since almost Every Koaki Meiru Monster has an effect that makes you reveal a Specific card from your hand to your opponent in order to keep it play, it can be a little bit tricky. (Unless of course you're playing a deck based around that specific type of card(s).)

What do you guys think?

The fun thing is that it destroys monsters and spells/traps, but only if your opponent has more monsters than you. Let's say your only cards are 1 Koa'ki and this card. Your opponent has a full backrow. If he controls 2 monsters, you destroy everything except 1 monster. If they already have just 1, they can keep their full backrow and their monster. That's only if I readed it correctly...

My opinion: Can we say Wrath of God? This card is incredibly powerful' date=' i'm amazed it isn't forbidden, or atleast Limited.[/b']

Thats pretty much saying we should ban cards like Levia-Dragon - Daedalus...

It's good support and it's staple in Koaki Meiru decks, but otherwise it's got no other uses. Because Koaki Meiru's are so hard to use in a pure deck and run consistant enought, this would be @4 if it was even possible.

My opinion: Can we say Wrath of God? This card is incredibly powerful' date=' i'm amazed it isn't forbidden, or atleast Limited.[/b']

Thats pretty much saying we should ban cards like Levia-Dragon - Daedalus...

It's good support and it's staple in Koaki Meiru decks, but otherwise it's got no other uses. Because Koaki Meiru's are so hard to use in a pure deck and run consistant enought, this would be @4 if it was even possible.

No arguments there.

This card actually seems pretty lulzy.

Like if you only control 1 Koaki guy, and they have a field full of junk, you effectivly just laugh at the opponent.

This card is incredibly powerful' date=' i'm amazed it isn't forbidden, or atleast Limited.[/quote']

20090828.gif

Archived