Suggestion: Forum Dueling

Frunk

Ok, I've just had what I think is an incredible idea, it is an incredibly premature stage but what do you think; Forum Duels!!

What you do is you post your deck on the forum, then you can challenge someone else's deck and set a time between the two Duelists and a Duel Mod for the Duel. The point of the Duel Mod is he is the one that chooses the cards at random for any draw phases and keeps the score, which he could PM to the Duelists or something like that (remember - very premature idea). Then the Duelists take it in turns to make posts for their turns where they can set cards and attack, etc. The Duel Mod could make sure no ones cheats or lies about the cards they have, etc. The Duel continues until a winner is decided and Mods can make sure that no one spams in on the Duel. The winner could receive a donation prize from their opponant or it could be just for fun. Anyway, I would appriciate any critasizem you have for this, constructive or not, it dosen't matter. Anyway, wadooya think?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genius idea, a sort of online custom card duel.. I'd love to see this happen, for one thing it culd boost our number and/or get poeple to create more cards.

The idea of the Duel Mod is good, but we wouldent want someone to fix the duel in someone elses favor. So we need someone unbias like me 8)

But yeah, as I said.... Genius Idea.

Thanks, yeah, we might need to make a new group and employ a few Duel Mods, but I reckon this can work just like Card Trade. I've got to go now, but I'll be back in the morning. I really like the Custom Card Idea Danilus had, and I reckon we could do it for our real decks too...

• Administrators

Here's and example...I know it's not yugioh, but see how there's a hand written tag as proof that he owns the item? Thats what I mean, then people could only play with cards they own.

caed_1.JPG

How could you possibly play with made up cards? if we did it would be so sosososososos stupid, I could just make this card.

ohboystuffjpgset112390s8qo.jpg

• Administrators

What the hell are you talking about Steven? All you would have to do is line up the cards side by side and take a tagged pic. You could take as many as you needed to show all your cards. I just recently took one and you can fit A LOT of cards CLEARLY into one shot.

Here's an example of a pic side by side:

cards2..jpg

this is sort of lyk my idear of online dueling but if you had a gd anough printer you could print off your made up cards like i do put them in duel sleves and chalenge people online and you could use web cams and use a special chat room so others may watch and the matches which will also alow us to have tornys. also you would need to make a banned/ restricted/ and semi -restricked list. and you would need a group of people to decide if cards are over powered (to powerful).

heres my deck ( the card effects of my made cards are after the deck.

monsters - 21

cyber lyger x3

cyber lyger cub x3

cyber lyger (A) mode x1

cyber lyger (d) mode x1

cyber lyger clone x3

cyber destruction lyger x1

cyber god lyger x1

cyber lyger braveclaw x2

cyber lyger quickshooter x2

cyber lyger gaudnar x2

cyber lyger dark one x2

spells - 12

heavy storm

lighting vortex

premature burial

lyger union

lyger shot

cyber destruction

perfection of three

cyber ritural

smashing ground

mystical spece typhoon

power bond

polimisation - the card that fuses - 2

traps - 7

lyger (A) armor

lyger (D) armor

call of the huanted

magical cyinder

lyger srap fusion

destruction of three

dark gears

fusions

cyber double lyger

cyber perfection lyger

inperfect cyber lyger

cyber lyger braveclaw 2

cyber lyger quickshooter 2

cyber lyger gaudnar 2

cyber darkness lyger

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cyber lyger

earth

matchine/effect

if your openent has 1 or more monster cards on their side of the field while this card is in your hand then you can normal summon this card with no tributes. if your openent atack this card with a monster card of a higher level, you can actavate as many spell and trap cards in your hand.

atk:2000/def:1400

cyber double lyger

earth

matchine/fusion/effect

cyber lyger + cyber lyger

twice per turn you can negate the actavation of a spell, trap, or monster effect. during the end phase of the turn this card was special summoned send this creature back to the fusion deck and special/ fusion summon 1 "cyber lyger" from your graveyard to the field.

atk:2600/def:1700

cyber perfection lyger

earth

matchine/fusion/effect

cyber lyger + cyber lyger + cyber lyger

if this creature atacks a face down monster card or defence potition monster, during the damage step inflict 2000 to your openents life points. during the end phase of the turn this card was special/ fusion summoned send this creature back to the fusion deck and special summon 1 "cyber lyger" from your graveyard to the field.

atk:3200/def:2000

cyber lyger cub

earth

matchine/effect

this creature can not be an atack target by your openents monsters is another monster on your side of the field has "cyber lyger" in the cards name.

inflict 500 life points of damage during the end phase of your openents turn while this card remains on the field.

atk:650/def:300

lyger union

spell

the monster cards you tribute this turn for a fusion summon are treated as "cyber lyger" for the fusion requiments for the fusion summon.

cyber lyger king

earth

matchine/effect

this card can't be normal summoned, set, or special summoned except by the effect of "altha male".

atk:3800/def:2300

altha male

spell/ equip

this card can only be equiped to a monster with "cyber lyger" in the cards name. once the equiped monster destroys 3 of your openents monsters as result of batle, tribute this card and the equiped monster to special summon "cyber lyger king" to the field from your deck or hand.

cyber lyger (A) mode

earth

matchine/effect

this creature can't be normal summoned, set, or special summoned except by the effect of "lyger (A) armor". during your openents battle phase your openent must use all their monster cards to atack this card, and can't end their battle phase untill they do . during the end phase of the turn this card was spacial summoned send this card to the graveyard and special summon 1 "cyber lyger" from your graveyard to the field.

atk:2800/def:0000

lyger (A) armor

trap

you can actavate this card when your openent atacks "cyber lyger". discard 2 cards from your hand to the graveyard. tribute "cyber lyger" and special summon

"cyber lyger (A) mode" from your hand or deck to the field.

cyber lyger (D) mode

earth

matchine/effect

this creautre can't be normal summoned, set, or special summoned except by the effect of "lyger (D) armor". when your one of your openents monsters atack this monster card, discard one card from your hand, and switch the atacking monster into defence mode.during the end phase of the turn this card was spacial summoned send this card to the graveyard and special summon 1 "cyber lyger" from your graveyard to the field.

atk:0000/def:2800

lyger (D) armor

trap

you can actavate this card when your openent atacks "cyber lyger". discard 2 cards from your hand to the graveyard. tribute "cyber lyger" and special summon

"cyber lyger (D) mode" from your hand or deck to the field.

lyger shot

spell

tribute one "cyber lyger" to actavate this card. destroy all cards in your openents spell and trap card zone.

lyger srap fusion

trap

this card can only be used to fusion summon any monster card what needs "cyber lyger" for the tributes. remove the monster cards from the field, graveyard to the remove from play zone that are needed for the fusion summon. special summon the selected fusion monster to the field. negate all abilities of the selected fusion monster.

cyber lyger clone

earth

matchine/ effect

when this card is sent to the graveyard (except by result of battle), special summon "cyber lyger" from your hand to the field in defence mode.

atk:1400/ def:1200

inperfect cyber lyger

earth

matchine/ fusion/ effect

cyber lyger + cyber lyger clone + cyber lyger cub

this creature loses 500 atack points each end phase that this card is on the field. inflict 500 life points to your life points during each end phase that this card is on the field. this card can't be destroyed by card effect.

atk:3500/ def: 2000

cyber destruction

spell/ quick play

when cyber lyger is destroyed ( except by result of battle), pay 2000 life points to special summon "cyber destruction lyger" to the field from your hand or deck.

cyber destruction lyger

earth

matchine/ effect

this card can't be normal summoned, set, or special summoned except by the card effect of " cyber destruction". during the end phase if this card is on the field inflict 500 life points to your openent for every monster card with "cyber lyger" in the cards in your graveyard.

atk:3400/def:2600

perfection of three

spell

pay half your life points. tribute one "cyber lyger" to special summon one "cyber perfection lyger" to the field from your fusion deck. cyber perfection lyger can atack directly the turn this card was activated.

destruction of three

trap

you can only activate this card during your openents battle phase. tribute 3 monsters with "cyber lyger" in their name and remove all card on the field and the top 3 cards from your openents deck from play. for each trap card that is removed from play by the effect of this card, inflict 600 points of damage to your openent.

cyber ritural

spell/ ritural

tribute a monster with "cyber lyger" in the cards name to activate one of these effects;

.inflict 500 life points to your openent for every card removed from play.

.special summon "cyber god lyger" from your hand or deck to the field.

cyber god lyger

earth

matchine/ritural/effect

this card can only be special summoned by the effect of cyber ritural. during the end phase, if this card is on the field in atack mode you can destroy all face down cards on the field.

atk:2300/ def:400

cyber lyger braveclaw

earth

matchine/effect

if this card is destroyed as result of battle whille in atack mode during the end phase special summon a monster with "cyber lyger" in the cards name from your graveyard to the field in atack mode. (except this card).

atk:900/def:600

cyber lyger quickshooter

earth

matchine/effect

when this card is sent to the gaveyard as result of battle you don't take battle damage for this monster. when this card is special summoned inflict 500 points of damage to your openent.

atk:0/def:700

cyber lyger gaudnar

earth

matchine

this matchine has the duty to protect all matchines who have earned the privlage of being called cyber lyger.

atk:700/def:1900

cyber lyger dark one

matchine/effect

this card can only br special summoned by tributing "dark gears" whille the card is on the field. when this card destroys an openents monster as result of battle inflict 300 life points x the ammount of stars the monster has.

atk:1800/def:1400

dark gears

trap

activate this card during your openents battle phase. atfer this card is activated equip this card to a monster with "cyber lyger" in thier name. when the monster equiped to this card destroys an openents monster as result of battle inflict 300 life points x the ammount of stars the monster has. inflict 500 points of damage to your lifepoints for every end phase that is card is on the field.

cyber lyger braveclaw 2

earth

matchine/ fusion/effect

[cyber lyger braveclaw+cyber lyger quickshooter+cyber lyger gaudnar]

when this card is sent to the graveyard by result of battle, special summon this card with 500 extra atack points during the end phase.

atk:1300/def:1000

cyber lyger quickshooter 2

earth

matchine/ fusion/effect

once per turn you can tribute one trap card face up on your side of the field, during the battle phase this card can atack directly.

atk:1800/def:1300

cyber lyger gaudnar 2

earth

matchine/ fusion/effect

while this card is in defence mode during your openents turn by tributing one monster with "cyber lyger" in the cards name to destory all monster that are in atack mode on the field.

atk:400/def:2000

cyber darkness lyger

earth

matchine/ fusion/effect

[cyber lyger braveclaw+cyber lyger quickshooter+cyber lyger gaudnar+cyber lyger dark one+cyber lyger ]

this card can only be fusion summoned with the above monster cards. when this card is fusion summoned destory all card on your side of the field except this card.

atk:3700/def:1400

Personally, I think it would be more logical if we did use real cards. If we were to use our customs, there'd have to be lots of strict rules of what cards you can and can't use, mods would have to look through each card and see if it's too overpowered to be used in a Duel. Anyway, keep the conversation up, we're making progress but this is still a premature idea.

I wouldent mind looking through each custom card and figuring out what the restrictions are.

Example Rules:

- The players must follow offical Yu-Gi-Oh rules as stated Here.

- No Divine-Beast cards or the like are allowed in players decks, unless discussed by both players and a Duel Mod (DM)

- Overly powerful non Divine-Beast cards will be restricted to 1 per deck.

- Cheating is forbidden and will result in a full ban.

- When you submit your full deck and/or side deck (Minimum 40 cards Main Deck and 15 in Side Deck) to a Duel Mod for a match, there will be no other chances to change your deck so choose wisely.

- Make sure you write the custom cards full effects when submitting a deck to a DM.

• Administrators

I might be able to create an application which automatically rates a card on a scale of powerfulness. In order for me to do this, however, I'll need a list of every possible action an effect can take. For instance:

- Destroying 1 or more of opponent's monsters

- Subtracting from opponent's/your own life points

etc...

If this could be done I could analyze each action the effect takes, and find an overall rating.

Right I see what you mean YC, but many cards have more then one type of action I'll just list what actions I know of.

Card Action Types

Control Cards - These types of cards allow you to gain control of an opponents monster, they can be to my knowledge either monster or magic cards.

Increase/Decrease ATK and DEF Cards - Obviously, these cards increase or decrease the attack and/or defence of a monster or monsters.

Toon Types - These cards have a certain rule, only when the magic card Toon Word is on the field you can special summon them and they can attack directly.

Destroy Monster - Cards that destroy monster cards.

Destroy Trap/Spell - Cards that destroy Trap/Spell cards.

Change Card Position - Cards that allow you to change battle position of a monster on the field.

Pierce Cards - Monster cards or Spell cards that allow you to attack a monster in defence mode and still be able to take away the opponents life points.

Spirit Cards - Spirit monsters retun to the owners hand after one turn of being on the field.

Increase Draw Cards - Cards that allow you to draw more from your deck.

Cancel out Effect Cards - These cards allow you to cancel out any effect of a Monster, Spell or Trap card.

Union Cards - These monster cards allow a monster to be equiped to another monster.

Hand/Deck Destrustion Cards - These cards reduce the number of cards in your hand/deck.

Search Deck Cards - This type lets you search your deck for a specific type of monster.

Spell Counter Cards - Cards that make use of spell counters in battle.

Level Monster Cards - These monster type cards are able to level up with use of magic or monster effects.

Recover Cards From Graveyard/Out of Play Zone - Obviously allows you to recover cards from either your or your opponents Graveyard and/or Out of Play Zone.

Gamble Cards - Cards that either have a roll dice or toss a coin effect on them.

Special Summon Cards - Under certain conditions you can special summon these monster cards onto the field.

Remove Cards from Play Cards - Cards that allow you to place certain cards into the out of play zone.

Return Cards - These let you return cards from the field or your opponents hand.

Summon Restriction - Cards that have a special restriction and cannot be normal summoned or set before the conditions on the card have been met.

Fusion Material Cards - Cards that are used in fusion summoning.

Attribute Cards - Cards that deal in the Attribute of monsters; Light, Dark, Water, Fire, Earth and Wind.

Recover Life Points - Cards that recover life points.

Reduce Life Points - Cards that Reduce life points.

Token Cards - Cards that allow you to summon monster tokens.

Flip Effects - This cards have to be in face down defence position, and when they are attacked their effect goes off.

Well thats about all I can think of right now....

[Edit] Infact, looking over it again thats every card action in the whole game. 8)

C'mon, this thread can't run cold. I've had an idea on how we could test this to see it's effectivness, since I know Falling has taken pics of his cards, and I have I digi camera to use for my cards, we could have a practice duel sometime, Danilus, I think your the best man for the job of Duel Mod. If the two of you think that's a good idea...

So here are some basic rules I can think of;

For Duel Mods;

-You must be unbias

-You PM the ramdomly drawn cards to the Duelists (This could be done by writing the card names down and drawing them out of two hats - one for each Duelist. Or you might know of a better way, anyway, randomly selected)

-Insure no SPAM occours on behalf of other members trolling the Duel (There should be strict penalties to deter this, like; Temporary Account Suspension, Deduction of Points, etc.)

-You must make the topic, no particular reason why (It could be called e.g. Falling Pizza vs. Frunk)

-Always send a reply PM to any PMs you receive from the Duelists

For Duelists;

-Breaking of ficati.com/yugiohcardmaker.net will result in automatic disqualification

-No SPAM or Trolling at all - penalties will be implied for rule breakers

-If any game fixing is uncovered (e.g. Bribing of the Duel Mod), Temporary Account Suspension is highly likely

-You must follow offical Yu-Gi-Oh rules as stated Here

-There will be a maximum of 15 minutes for you to come online if you are late for a Duel before you are disqualified

-PM any cards you set to the Duel Mod and wait for confirmation

-At the start of the Duel, donate any bets (e.g. 25 points each) to the Duel Mod who will ensure that the points get to the winning duelist at the end of the duel.

For ficati.com/yugiohcardmaker.net Members

-Feel free to watch the Duel (By refreshing the page every once in a while)

-No posting is allowed in the Duel Topic during the duel and will not tolerated - Harsh penalties will be implied

-You may post and comment on the Duel in the Duel topic at the end of the Duel

So if the two of you agree, we'll set up a time and a date when we are all avaliable for the Duel, it will most likely be a topic in General.

Edit: New rule for Duelists and Mods

Edit: One more thing: In the Duel Forum, there will be a sticky that will have documented all the Duels ever done, maybe even a leaderboard type thing... :D

Edit: Added suggested rule from Falling Pizza and another I thought up myself for Duelists

I guess we are ready, so, why not, eh? Unless anyone can think of any more rules and/or things to be taken into consideration. What should the topic be called? Duel Section, Forum Dueling - open for suggestions. I personally reckon it should go in the Yu-Gi-Oh section rather than General... I will set up a topic for Applications for Duel Mods when the forum is ready - YCM, if you agree with the idea, could you make the forum and those other two Danilus and I were discussing? It is entirely your decision. 8)

Archived