Percy Jackson

Guest Welche the crab

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The books were the most amazing thing I read. I own the entire series and I read it before any one I knew began to read it. When i saw the trailers for the movie I was so pissed. It was ridiculous cause everything I saw was completely different from what I imagined. Rick Riordan's novels are amazing my mom got me The Red Pyramid and it kept me from going on the computer or playing some video games. I love the books so much and i really hope the new book the Lost Hero is going to be amazing.

i read the first book in the series when only the first two had been released, these books are the reason for my obsession with Greek mythology, and my dream of being a writer. i can honestly say these books have changed my life

BTW the movie was awful, i reread the entire series in a week just to get it out of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the first two (and the first chapter of Titan's Curse), and I actually like the first better.

There was something about the first one that kept me reading (I finished it in two nights), but the second seemed to drag on for some reason.

I do hope I get access to the last three, and the sequel books when they come out.

Guest Merciful Idiot

The first series of Camp Half-Blood was called 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians', and it's ended. Now there's a second series in the making, called 'The Heroes of Olympus', and the first book would be called 'The Lost Hero. Here's proof. Same setting, same continuity, same characters, along with new ones.

So yesterday I saw the movie and I was horrified about what Chris Columbus did to the series if he had followed the source material it would have been an amazing movie. If it didn't have the Label Percy Jackson I wouldn't have minded the movie since it wasn't involved with my favourite book series. I think he was trying to recreate his stupid love for Harry Potter but tried to use Percy Jackson to fulfill it cause the way and that series I couldn't even get into since I found it ridiculously boring. He could have literally recreated the book into a movie because they was so much description and source material. It was a bit entertaining after I stopped criticizing it only because they was a fair amount of action.

I read a sneak peek of Lost Hero on a Kindle...

[spoiler=Spoiler Alert]New dude wakes up on random bus w/ Mr. Hedge (u remember Gleeson :)), doesn't know who he is, everyone around effect by mist, think hes their classmate. He, of course, is a demigod, same w/ 2 (supposed) bffs. Storm spirits Attack, gleeson goes over Grand Canyon fighting em. The Annabeth and a buff dude arrive, hoping to find Percy who has been gone for 3 days missing.

Thumbs up for bad grammar and quick writing.