Percy Jackson

Guest Welche the crab

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the first book (The Lightning Thief) as a gift from my parents (they knew I needed something else to read and they also knew I wanted to read this series).

It started off slow, but once I got deeper into the book, I couldn't stop reading it. I'm half way through the last chapter (I had to stop to go to bed and I have no lamp to read while I'm trying to go to sleep). I need to buy the second book with my birthday money.

One of my favorite book series, behind Harry Potter and the Inheritance Cycle.

is it like harry potter?

Kind of' date=' but it annoys me that people makes accuse the series of this. The main character has a heritage and thus goes somewhere to be with others like him and must face off against a rising enemy, but the prominent similarities end there, and I doubt even Harry Potter is the first to do that.

I read it, and I really did.

I stopped like 20 pages into the book.

I didn't really like it. My friends was like "oh come on it gets better in the second book"

So I don't know, I may try it again but I doubt it.

Why didn't you like it? And your friend it right, the second book is better, but the first book is good on its own too.

Read the whole series, beware spoilers coming only read if you read the whole series

Luke isn't one of children of the big three and he was the guy of the prophecy!?!? Anyone else think that way as well?

I read it' date=' and I really did.

I stopped like 20 pages into the book.

I didn't really like it. My friends was like "oh come on it gets better in the second book"

So I don't know, I may try it again but I doubt it.

[/quote']

Why didn't you like it? And your friend it right, the second book is better, but the first book is good on its own too.

The Book never really got my attention. It takes more than a school teacher transforming into a creepy monster to get my attention. And the whole school for the "special" kids kinda threw me off.