Yankeefan's Card of the day Reviews

Yankee

Bump...

I would like this to be stickyed still' date=' but, I understand why it was not.

I will review a card tonight however ^_^

Sorry I wasn't here, I had no access to a computer. Bloodrun knows ;)

[/quote']

When your able to get back to 3 cards a week, it will be stickied again.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump...

I would like this to be stickyed still' date=' but, I understand why it was not.

[/quote']

Allright, thanks alot Bloody. I am sorry I was waisting space on the important threads for that long. I'll get back to reviewing soon ^_^

Bump...

[/quote']

Allright, thanks alot Bloody. I am sorry I was waisting space on the important threads for that long. I'll get back to reviewing soon ^_^

lol you dont need to kiss ass.

I know why you were gone, and thats sufficient enough.

[Align=center] Chain Weaver of the 5th Spell by X-L YEAHHHH!!!

chainweaverxi5.png

[spoiler=Effect]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When your opponent activates an effect and you chain it with a Trap card, discard this card from your hand. This card can only be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by removing 1 Winged Beast monster in your Graveyard from play. When a chain link of 2 or more occurs, send all cards in that chain back to their owner’s hands. If your opponent uses the same card(s) that were sent back to their hand this turn, inflict 800 points of damage to their Life Points for each card they used again this turn that were sent to their hand by this cards effect. When a card(s) are sent back to your opponent’s hand, place 1 5th Spell Counter on this card for each card sent back to their hand. you can remove 3 5th Spell Counters from this card to draw 1 card from your Deck. When this card is destroyed, remove it from play.

Well, it's been a while sense my last review. I hope I still got it ;)

Lets begin.

Today, I'll be looking at Chain Weaver of the 5th Spell by X-L YAHHHH!!!

It was originally made to be used in a contest against me. I won the contest, but it was very close. To be that close to me, this card must be promising, right?

So, lets get on with the review already!

It starts out with the most common and simple effect out there. "This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set".

The good part about that is, however, that most effects with that have a kick ass effect that makes that little flaw a balancer.

Most YCM's use this effect to gain a quick and easy balancer. I of course, like original ideas to balance, but I digress.

To continue with this effect, its very next effect is one that, at first look, seems stupid. When you chain an opponent's effect with a trap, this card is discarded from your hand. That all of a sudden may make you think about using a trap to make a chain. Which is bad, I mean, we are just in the 2nd sentence, and your already have thoughts!

It's next effect turns out to make the previous one VERY useful. It can only be special summoned FROM THE GRAVEYARD by removing a Winged Beast monster in the grave from play. So, now you’re thinking..."If only I can chain with a trap...” ;)

The effect continues to be useful. If a chain of 2 more occurs, all of the cards in the chain go back to their owner’s hands. Woot for no card loss! If your opponent uses a card they just got back in the same turn this effect happened, your opponent would lose 800 lp.

This effect keeps on going, and it even helps itself. If your opponent

has card returned to their hand, put a "5th Spell Counter" on this card for each one they get back. Sadly, the card did not put any quotation marks there, so, there is an error.

Sadly, the next sentence has a grammar issue. No capping of the first letter of a sentence? For shame...

Anyway, by removing 3 counters from this card, you can draw a card. Woot for card advantage, and overpowerdness =/

The last part was just thrown in there to balance it some more, when it's destroyed, it's removed from play.

I think that’s just about it, lets get to the part that I bet most of you just skip to, the rates ;)

[spoiler=Ratings]

Name: 2/10 Boring and not original to me...

Pic: 2/10 I have a feeling it would be a good pic, if not for the incredibly boring and common holo effect. Come on people, everybody is using it now. It's not cool anymore. It's more annoying to now...

Effect: 8/10 Good overall effects. Good thought went into it ;)

Balance: 5/10 Sadly, it's very easily overpowered...

Grammar/OCG: 7/10 Solid, but still some issues.

Star/Level Sense: 10/10 4 works ^_^

Overall: 34/60, or 5.6/10

Grade: F

To me, this card would be: Semi-Limited

Comments:

It's a good over all card, it just has some issues. You are a good card maker; I won't take you so lightly next time ;)

[/align]

Cheers,

Yankeefan

Pic: 2/10 I have a feeling it would be a good pic' date=' if not for the incredibly boring and common holo effect. Come on people, everybody is using it now. It's not cool anymore. It's more annoying to now...

[/quote']

D:

Don't say that! Some of us make a business out of holo-ing! XD

And your thread got un-stickied? XD

Welcome back to this humble realm of mortals. XD

11405vc2.jpg

This card can only be Ritual Summoned when you activate a Ritual Spell Card. Remove 3 Ritual Spell Cards in your Graveyard from play to destroy this card. Then, Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower monster from your hand or Deck. Destroy the summoned monster during the End Phase of this turn.

11405cy7.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. If this card is selected as an attack target, flip the attacking monster to face-down Defense Position, place 1 Sea Counter on this card. During your opponent's Battle Phase, all Level 4 or lower monster that can attack a face-up "Atlantica, Maiden of the Sea" you control must attack it. Remove 3 Sea Counters from this card, look at the top card of your Deck. Activate the appropriate effect based on the type of card was on the top of your Deck :

- Monster : Add 1 WATER monster from your Deck to your hand. Discard 1 card.

- Spell : Increase the ATK and DEF of all WATER monsters by 10% (rounded up to the nearest 100).

-Trap : You opponent takes 800 damage for every card in your hand. They draw 1 card for every mutliple of 800 damage they took.

Archived