Yankeefan's Card of the day Reviews

Yankee

Hello everybody! I have decided to do my own card of the day review post. I hope you like my reviews.
[Spoiler=Reviews #1 and #2 - Instinct]Here is my first review:

Well, I have to review 2 cards, because they work together so well:

Ahkurs by Instinctmeister (Now Instinct):

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/instinctor/Ahkrus-3.jpg[/IMG]
This card has an interesting effect. When it is destroyed by an opponents card effect, you may discard 3 cards from your hand to Special summon it. Now, that is great if you are stuck. Especially when the card you are summoning has 2500 ATK. Now, you CAN Normal Summon it. Instinct had a good idea making it 7 star. No complaints there. Now, there are some tiny OCG problems. 1 such problem is that it says "If this card is destroyed by the effect of a card contolled by your opponent". I would say: "When this card is destroyed by an opponents card effect...."

Ratings:

Name: 7/10 Creative, but it just doesn't fit perfectly to me =/
Picture: 8/10 The pic is very, very good, and I have not seen it before.
Effect: 7/10 It is a very good effect, but there is just somthing missing in my mind.
Grammar: 7/10 There are 2 problems that I can see. 1. I stated that above, 2. This card cannot be Special summond from your deck. I might just say that this card cannot be Special Summond except by it's own effect. I don't know.
Overall: 29/40 or 7.25
Grade: C-
To me, this card would be [b][color=#32CD32]UNLIMITED[/color][/b]

The next card is Thundus, Mencanan Ruler, also by Instinct (Now Instinct):
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/instinctor/ThundusMencananRuler.jpg[/IMG]
Very, Very good card to me. It's picture is perfect. It's effect is great. Nothing is bad about it to me. Well, maybe a few grammar problems. It's ffect makes it useless unless you have "Ahkrus". This card is probably the direct reult of the effect of "Ahkrus". Probably the card that was thought of when this card was made. It works perectly. There aome tiny OCG problems, but it is still very good to me. It is kind of a double edged sword in the fact that when you bring it out, you get to destroy all face-downs on the field, that mean you to. But both you and your opponent lose 200 Life Points when you do, depending on how many you destroy.
Name: 7/10 Seems to have a problem there that I can't really describe.
Picture: 8/10 Where in the heck is Instinctmeister getting these?
Effect: 8/10 I love it, but it doese have a tiny problem to me, but who cares?
Grammar: 8/10 Some OCG problems in a few spots.
Overall: 31/40 or 7.75/10
To me, this card would be [b][color=#800000]SEMI-LIMITED[/color][/b]
Grade: C+[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Review 3]

The next review is "Dark Blader" by Dark_Vortex
[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/axleflame666/darkblader.jpg[/IMG]
Well, what can I say? This is another card that involves a fusion beteen Dark Magician and Buster Blader. Not to be mean, but that is getting a bit annoying. But the effect does help it out. Unnfortuantly, there are many OCG errors. First of all, the first words in the card, Buster Blader - Dark Magician. There are 2 problems. 1. When saying the name of a card, you must have a " at the beggining and end of the name, like "Dark Magician". Then, when doing fusions, you must have a + instead of a -. Then, there is ANOTHER problem. When it is a Fusion Summon, you do not have to say "This card cannot be Normal Summond or set." Then, another error. This card can only be special summond through Fusion summon. 1. Fusion Summon is not Special summon 2. Typicly you do not say the word through in that. 3. It should be: A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the abov cards.
Well, then you have the effect. With the effect, you can have your opponent attack this card if you have a "Dark Paladin" on your field. That is overpowered. Then it gains 500 ATK for every dragon in the grave. Overpowered with the first effect. I am really sorry, but this s not really the best.

Ratings:
Name: 6/10 I don't really like the name all to much.
Picture: 7/10 The pic is alredy starting to be overused =/
Effect: 4/10 The effect is put in the right order, but it is overpwered =(
Grammar: 6/10 Sadly, there are many errors.
Overall: 23/40 or 5.75/10

To me, this cad would be: [color=#FF0000][b]LIMITED[/b][/color]
I am very sorry man. But you asked me to do a review of this card. Please keep trying, you'll do a better 1.
Grade: F[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Review 4]
Nighmare Cadaver by Malik37
[IMG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/malik737/Nightmareville/NightmareCadaver.jpg[/IMG]
Now this is a very interesting card. Malik told me that he is going to make a Nightmare set about scary effects. This is a good representative. It is destroyed when it is ever summond. But, don't worry about that, it is treated as if it was on the field while there by it's own effect. Very nice. It has a grammar problem with it being able to inflict damage to your opponent when it destroyes an opponents effect monster. I love how you have to remove from play 1 DARK monster per turn. But the last sentance KILLS IT! You must remove from play 1 DARK monster from play to keep it in the grave. BUT WHERE THE HELL DOES IT GO IF IT DOESENT!?
Ratings:
Name: 7/10 it's pretty good.
Picture: 7/10 it's also pretty cool. kind of.
Effect: 6/10 It was AWSOME, but then it just died with the last part.
Grammar: 8/10 It's good.
Overall: 23/40 or 7/10
This card would be [color=#A52A2A][b]Semi-Limited[/b][/color][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Review 5]
Artifact Destroyer by Glasstn10

[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/glasstin10/ArtifactDestroyer-2.jpg[/IMG]
Well, I love this card. I really do. This card is awsome when your opponent activates "Magic Jammer". You can activate any Spell, and have it negated, and destroyed, and then you can PWN your opponent with this. Simply by removeing from play all spell card from the grave, you can send all card on your opponents side of the field to the bottom of his/her deck. Thats awsome. Now, normallythat would be a 1 time use, but this card has a unique twist to it. If you dare to SKIP YOUR NEXT TURN, the cardcan go back to your hand. Meaning another go at the PWN. Plus, if you play it face-down, or even just another car face-down, you can get your opponent thinking. When you can do that, you usually have it won. This card is fairly simple. Nothing really that you ca't understand.
Ratings:

Name: 6/10 Well, I don't really lie the name, there can be better. But it is stil good.
Picture: 8/10 It's really good, and I have ot seen it beofre, but there is jst somthing missing =/
Effect: 9/10 I pure ove it, if you REALLY look at it, it can be overpowerd. But I don't care ^_^
Grammar: 10/10 I did not see a single error.
Overall: 33/40 or 8.25/10
Grade: B-
To me, this card would be: [b][color=#A52A2A]SEMI-LIMITED[/color][/b]

Conradulations Glasstin10[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Review 6 (Special)]
Imperial Dragon - Infernal Twilight by Gladiator Beast Twilight.
[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/InvertRemix/ImperialDragon-InfernalTwilight.jpg[/IMG]

While this card is on the field or in your hand, you can choose if it is a Monster, Spell, or Trap Card. Depending on the type you choose, this card gains the following effect:
-Monster: Discard 1 Spell Card from your hand with the same name as this card. Increase the ATK of this card by 100 points.
-Spell: Discard 1 monster with the same name as this card from your hand. Draw 2 cards.
-Trap: Tribute 1 Monster with the same name as this card. Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field.

Well, what can I say, It' the end of his streak of AWSOME cards. After his card, there is nothing. Well, this is an awsome card. It has a VERY original efect. You may actually change what it is. You can make it a monster, a spell or a trap. How many cards can do that without being destroyed? You can increase the ATK of this card by only 100 if you discard ANOTHER 1 of these from you hand? Kind of wierd. If it is a spell, then you can discard 1 card of the smae name as this, to draw 2 cards, better in my mind. Then if it is a trap, and you discard it, you can destroy all Spells and Traps on your opponents field.

Ratings:
Name: 9/10 Well, I just don't ike the Imperial - Infernal thing.
Picture: 7/10 I have seen it before, and I personally don't like it alot, but it fits with th cardeffect I guess.
Effect: 9/10 Well, there are some things that I don't think would make sense to me =/
Grammar: 10/10 I don' think there are any problems with it.
Overall: 35/40 or 8.75/10
Grade: B+
To me, this card would be [b][color=#32CD32]UN-LIMITED[/color][/b][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Review 7]
Erika, the Dragoness Knight by Cyber_Commander
[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/Cyber_Commander/Honor%20of%20the%20Dragoness/DragonessErika.png[/IMG]
Here we go again. Well, this is the 7th card in the set of the Dragoness set by Cyber. I have already rviewed a card in this set, but this is anothe great 1. The effect is pretty simple. it has 1500 ATK and DEF. That is an easy target to your opponent for an easy kill. no, it's effect changes that. Lets say you play this card, and your on opponents turn, he/she summons a Blue-eyes. He destroyes your card. You would lose 1500, right? Well, no. Your opponent takes 1500. That means your opponent wold be tempted to destroy it with a Maha Vialo or somthing. But because of that, you can just play a renforcments or somthing. Now, what makes it better is that if your actually chooses to kill you with Blue-Eyes, you can just discad 1 dragon from your hand to destroy the blue-eyes. That is bad ass. So, this 1500/1500 monster is a scary monster to face. Especially if your opponent has low lp. Just cool. Now, it is also treated as a Dragon, so any equip cards for dragons can be used on it. Heck, it can even be used to Fusion Summon FGD. So, all in all, it's an awsome card.

Ratings:
Name: 9/10 Nice name, but what is up with Erika? Just asking.
Picture: 7/10 I have a problem with it. It just doesent work for me. Somehow.
Effect: 10/10 I really LOVE the effect. I really do.
Grammar: 8/10 I can't quite say, but it feels like there is a problem there when I say it outloud. Just, somthing is wrong.
Overall: 34/40 or 8.5/10
Grade: B
To me, this card would be [b][color=#32CD32]UN-LIMITED[/color][/b]

Awsome card Cyber_Commander!!![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 8]
King Beast Templar by Bloodrn
[IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/bokuwaXP/Beast%20Templar/1ophp.jpg[/IMG]
If this card is activated while your opponent is Summoning a Fusion Monster, you may Special Summon a monster from your Deck with equal or less stars then Fusion Monster Summoned by your opponent. The monster Summoned can only attack monsters in your opponent's Graveyard, if this monster attacks your opponent must randomly draw a monster from his Graveyard to be attacked. If the Summoned monster attacks a monster in your opponent's Graveyard with less ATK then this card, that monster is removed from play. If the Summoned monster attacks a monster in your opponent's Graveyard with a higher DEF then the Summoned monster, it is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field. If this card is removed from the field, destroy the equipped monster.

Well, here we are, Bloodrun's first ever review. Well, shall we get started? Ok. So, this is the 2nd card in Bloods Beast Templar set. Now, this is one of my favorites there. It does have a few ocg problems however, yes Blood, I said 1 of YOUR cardshas ocg problems. ^_^ Now, it starts off saying that [b]If this card is activated while your opponent is Summoning a Fusion Monster....[/b] Here is my problem, if you activate it on any other occasion, absolutly nothng happens, it is useless. It should ay "This card can only be activated when your opponent Summons a Fusion Monster" That is just 1 problem. But then it does have a very intereasting part. You can Special Summon 1 monster from your dec with the same or lower star level as the fusion monster. Awsome. Then it gets VER intereastng. \now, the monster can only attack monsters in the opponents grave. Now, if it attacks a monster with a lower ATK than it, the card in the grave is removed from play. Your opponent must draw a monster from the grave however, so no cheating. ^_^ Now, if the card that is attacked has a higher DEF, it is Special Summond on the opponents side of the field. Now, here is my question. WTF happens if the ATK is lower, but the DEF is higher??? NVM

Ratings:
Name: 6/10 It sounds like it should be a monster card, not a trap.
Picture: 8/10 I guess it works with the effect, but not perfectly.
Effect: 8/10 It is very good, but it has some holes in it.
Grammar: 7/10 The first part kills it, then there are more.
Overall: 29/40 or 7.25/10

To me, this card would be [b][color=#800000]SEMI-LIMITED[/color][/b]

Good card Bloodrun! I hope you liked the review everybody!. ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 9]
Rainbow Beast Shining Leviathan by Omegawave

[img]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2850/rainbowbeastshininglevivh4.png[/img]

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with 2 monsters that have different Attributes. This monster gains the following effects depending on the Attributes of the monsters used in the Fusion Summon of this card: LIGHT- Increase this card's ATK by 300. DARK- Increase this card's DEF by 300. FIRE- Once per turn, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent. WATER- Once per turn, Increase your Life Points by 500. WIND- Once per turn, destroy 1 Spell or Trap on the field. EARTH- Once per turn, destroy 1 monster on the field.

Well, this is a Fusion Monster. Wow. Well, this is a very cool Fusion card. This can be fusion summond by any two monsters, as long as they are different in attribute. Um, cool? Yes, it is. Because it gains effects depending on what you used. So, if you used a LIGHT monster and a DARK monster, in short, increase the ATK and DEF of the card by 300. There are many combintations to work with. What I love about it is if you use opposite types, they give opposite effects, that still help you out. Now, That is pretty much the review there. Short, but still, it is an awome card.

Ratings:
Name: 7/10 It's good, but I can't help but feel it can be better.
Picture: 7/10 It is pretty cool, but it just doesent seem to fit all that well.
Effect; 8/10 I love it. It is somthing new. I don't think I know of another card like this. But it can be overpowered if you use a WIND and a EARTH monster. Well, I guess those at all are strong.
Grammar: 8/10 Apparently, And attibute is only capitalized after an attraibute. Tha is a quote from bloodrun.
Overall: 30/40 or 7.5/10
Grade: C

Good card Omegawave! It is somthing new to the game for me ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 10 (Special)]
The Dark Swordsman by Frunk
[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z200/newcasidy/thedarkswordsman.png[/IMG]

Well, this is not gonna be long. It's a short, and very well done effect ^_^
Ok, when I first sa it, I thought, crap Frunk, you didn't do that, did you!? Well, he didn't. He made a card with 5000 ATK. Um, wow. But it is awsome. Now, it can't be Summond unless you remove from play 5 DARK monsters from the Graveyard. That is a price. Now, it is still strong, but it has a huge backfire. If during the turn that it is summond, and the next turns, you or your opponent activate a spell card, you lose 1000 LP! But if you or your opponent play a trap, well, say goodbye to this card, and remove it from play. Well, thats the effect. lol

Ratings:
Name: 3/10 Oh, come one, is this really the best you can do!?
Picture: 9/10 I like that very much! It is cool.
Effect: 10/10 I LOVE THIS EFFECT!
Grammar: 7/10 It needs to be bullited(It shows bullits, but that was not there originally), and it has some other mistakes.
Overall: 29/30 or 7.25/10

Good card Frunk A C- as a first card in a long time! Awsome![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 11]
Morgana, The Widow Witch by DJ Osiris
[IMG]http://i18.tinypic.com/6yfoi0w.jpg[/IMG]
Well DJ, your here, yay! lol Well, this is another 1 of dJ's cards that has backstory to it, as most of his cards do. Ok, well, lets start ^_^

Well, the first thing you should see is that this is a creepy card. I mean, look at hat pic. It's name is also good. Ok, the effect is great. Once per turn, you get to make a card all of a sudden get hitched and give it a married counter. Wow, too bad if it didn't want to, probably got married in vagas. lol Ok, now, if a card with a married counter is destroyed as a result of battle, ths card get 200 more ATK. Wow, not even yugioh likes marrage. Sad. lol Ok, now for the rest. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle (Mad ex or somthing), yu get to remove from play a DARK monster, and draw a card. ok, so that helps.

Ratings:
Name: 8/10 It is cool. But it just seems a tad off. Close man, close.
Picture: 10/10 Increadible. It really works with the name, style of the effect, and DJ Osiris himself.
Effect: 8/10 It is really awsome. But it seems off somehow. =/ There is just somthing missing, or too much, not too shure, it's just a feeing.
Grammar: 9/10 From what I have learned that when you say the name of a counter, it must be in ". That is what I have been told.
Overall: 35/40 or 8.75/10
Grade: [b][color=#FF0000]B+[/color][/b]

Great cad man! I hope to see more cards from you on here ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 12]
Exer, The Extra Zone Dragon by God GAK.
[IMG]http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc64/GAK1_bucket/Extra%20Zone/4.jpg[/IMG]
Well, this is ANOTER game changing card by GAK. Ugh, whats new...
lol This is part of his new set of "Zoner" set. in this set, you get to have an extra zone. Like a 6th monster zone. But this is a zone in which only a "Zoner" monster can go in. Now, to the review:

Ok, Exer is 1 of my favorite cards in that set. Exer is a level 6 monster with 2200 ATK, and 1600 DEF. That is passible. Now, what makes it a force is that it can can summon without tribute, like a Level 4 with 2200 ATK. But, if you do, it's original ATK becomes 1600. So i'd reccomend only doing hat when needed. So, if it is summond in the EXTRA ZONE however, it gains an effect, depending on how many monsters where used to summon it. If you used none, it not only has just 1600 ATK, but when you draw a "Zoner" monster during your draw phase, you may send it to the grave, and draw again. If you used 1 monster, you get a 2200 ATK monster, that has the effect of instead of drawing a card durig your draw phase, you may actually search you deck for a "Zoner" monster, and add it to your hand.

Ratings:
Name: 6/10 You can do better than that GAK!
Picture: 9/10 Well, seeing as how it's custom, it's great! But still, it doesent quite fit for me...
Effect: 10/10 It's increadible. Very nicely done GAK!
Grammar: 8/10 I wold like to see bullets for the possible effet I. But that's just me.
Overall: 33/40 or 8.25/10
Gade: [color=#FF0000]B-[/color]
To me, this card would be[b][color=#32CD32]UN-LIMITED[/color][/b]

Great card GAK! I love your set! B- is an awsome grade!
I hope to see more man![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 13 (Done by Cybercommander with help from Yankeefan]
Guitar Lord-Luke the Electric - Zeroshot
[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/Cyber_Commander/guitarlord.png[/IMG]

Ok. First off, this picture is great, and I do like it very much. Luke is a Warrior, meaning he is open to the great variety of the 'Warrior Toolbox.' He's also a LIGHT monster, meaning he has some decent support as well. Now let's look at the effect:

When "Guitar Lord-Blaze the Bass" and "Guitar Lord-Tanner the Drummer" is face-up on the field you can Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard. When this monster is Special Summoned this way place 1 Chord Counter on this monster every Standby Phase. When this monster has 3 Chord Counters on it remove them all to destroy 2 Spell or Trap Cards or 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field."

I am loving this effect. It is isn't overpowered either, since "Guitar Lord-Blaze the Bass" requires one tribute. Note also, that this card only gains Chord Counters when it is Special Summoned [i]by its own ability.[/i] That neatly balances any Special Summoning abuse. However, there are a few grammatical errors. First, it should be "When you control at least 1 "Guitar Lord-Blaze the Bass" and at least 1 "Guitar Lord-Tanner the Drummer," you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard." Another error is the use of "every Standby Phase." Who's Standby Phase? Yours? Your opponent's? If you originally meant "every Standby Phase" then this card is overpowered. Finally you missed a comma just after "on it" in the last effect.

Ratings:
Name: 7.5/10 I really like this name. Nice job.
Picture: 9/10 The picture is awesome! It really works.
Effect: 8/10 Not completely original, but it fits.
Grammar: 6.5/10 It has some mistakes, sadly.
Overall: 31/40 or 7.5/10
Gade: C+
To me, this card would be [color=#32CD32]UN-LIMITED[/color][/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 14]
Cosmic Hero Venomous Dame by spikeFAIL
[img]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3689/cosmicherovenomousdamebw4.png[/img]
This is another 1 of, who i'm going to call, Bhim, Cosmic Hero set. I was actually gonna make a card like this, but just like DJ and posts, he is very quick.

Ok, the review:
This is a special card. It is just plain normal. Nothing is special about it, at all.But when you Speical Summon it, it is a whole new card. When it is Special Summond, it is aoutomaticly given to your opponent. How sad, it doesent you. But it then gains a awsome effect. As long as it is on the opponet's field, each player may draw a card from their opponent's deck. Increadible. Kind of nice to do, especially when your opponent is using an Exodia deck. well, sadly, that is pretty much the card's review, yes, it was short, but you enjoyed it, didn't you, DON'T LIE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ratings:
Name: 7.5/10 It is a cool name, but Dame can be changed....
Picture: 7/10 It is so very great, but it's a little too close to me. Yu know what I mean.
Effect: 9/10 It is awsome!
Grammar: 9/10 I know there is somthing in there. It just doesent sound right, but I can't find it as of right now >.<
Sence of Rarity: Rare: 7/10 I don't think it can be only rare with an effect like that. Maybe Super rare.
Star/Level sence: 4: 10/10 I love it, also with the ATK and DEF of it!
Overall: 49/60 or 8.1/10
Grade: [b][color=#FF0000]B-[/color][/b]

To me, this card would be: [b][color=#0000FF]SEMI-LIMITED[/color][/b]

Great card "Bhim"! I can't wait for more ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 15 (Special)]
Tribute Flesh by Anchor Remix
[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s127/nicolas-m/TributeFlesh.jpg[/IMG]
Ok, this is a very interesting card by Remix. I don't see alot of his cards, but this is a good 1. When your opponent manages to destroy it by battle, it is special summond at the end phase. Awsome. When it is attacked however by a Lv 5 or higher monster, the card that destroyed it is also destroyed. Apparently, you have a choice with that. When you have the ability to make your opponent think about killing a 1600 monster, you now it's good. But this is somthing that is great, if you use it, you can't special summon it at the end phase with it's effect! Amazing thing to add, it really makes the effect whole.

Ratings:
Name: 6/10 I would like that name on a Trap or somthing =/
Picture: 6/10 There are 2 monsters there, but this is 1 guy =/
Effect: 9/10 I really like it ^_^
Grammar: 10/10 I can't see a problem.
Star sence: 4: 8/10 Good choice, but maybe LV 3?
Rarity sence: Rare: 8/10 I like it.
Overall: 47/60 or 7.8/10
Grade: [color=#32CD32][b]C+[/b][/color]

Great card man![/spoiler]
[Spoiler= Review 16]
Ryzard VI by Frunk
[img]http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7461/mdden003ci6.jpg[/img]
I asolutly love this card. ok, you can't play it unless your opponent has 2 cards already removed from play. During your standby phase, you get to remove 1 card on the field from play. Strong and cool. If your opponent has no cards on the field, this is destoryed, so, there are a few ways to kill it now. It does get 100 ATK for every card in the grave, meaning you may not wanna use it's effect, so, it's a balance, I love it ^_^

Ratings:
Name: 8/10 cool name
Picture: 9/10 Awsoe
Effect: 8/10 Just love it, but it can be abit overpowered.
Grammar: 7/10 there are a fe probs...
Rarity sence: common: 3/10 WTF, it doesent make sence >_<
Level sene: 7: 7/10 it works, but I actually think it may work as a 6, but i don't know alot XD
Overall: 42/60 or 7/10
Grade: [color=#32CD32][b]C-[/b][/color]

To me, this card would be [color=#FF0000][b]LIMITED[/b][/color]

Awsome card Frunk![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 17]
Tsunamus Snaketail by Instinctmeister
[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/instinctor/TsunamusSnaketail.jpg[/IMG]
This is the 3rd card made by Meister that got reviewed. He is on a roll! Ok, well, this is a card chosen by Glasstin10 for me to review. This is a pretty much uselss card. Nothing to do with it. Don't know why i'm reviewng it. Oh, wait, the effect! The effect can only be used when it is in the Graveyard. That isn't even enough. It has to be sent there from your hand. In other words, you don't really wanna play it on the field. Ok, while in the grave, it has an interesting effect. Once per turn, you may return 1 card on your opponents field tot he top of his/her deck. That is nice. But it has a life saver. While in the grave, it can't be removedfrom play. Thus immidiatly ending an easy Soul Release to get trid of the problem by the opponent. I like this card because it can only be used really when it is dead. And with all the cards that use your grave nowadays, it can also backfire on you, so it's awsome!

Name: 6.5/10 It works ok

Picture: 4/10 It actually looks like the monster is gonna be eaten by somthing bigger >_<

Effect: 9/10 very nice effect!

Grammar: 9/10 I think there is an error, but I can't find it, lol

Star sence: 5: 8/10 It makes sence, but I don't really see a use in levels with this guy, but for it's ATK and DEF, it works ^_^

Rareity sence: Rare?: 9/10 It is a good idea

Overall: 45.5/60 or 7.5/10

Grade: [b][color=#008000]C-[/color][/b]

To me, this card would be [b][color=#FF0000]LIMITED[/color][/b]

Nice card man![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 18]
Captin Nemean, the Relentless by Derek_Whaley
[IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh273/Derek_Whaley26/Yugioh%20Card%20Maker/Custom%20Cards/Legendary%20Collection/4786789p8.jpg[/IMG]

This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, flip all face-down Spell and Trap Cards on the field face-up. Then, destroy all face-up Spell Cards on the field. For each Spell Card destroyed by this cards effect, this card's ATK is increased by 800 points. All face-up Trap Cards are then fliped face-down.

I simply could not deny this cards greatness. It has an awsome effect. When it is summond, you flip all Spell and Trpas face-up. You get to increase the ATK of the card by 800 for all the Spells that where flipped up. Strong, but wen it starts with only 100 ATK, you can take that. In stupid rare cases, i which both you and your opponent are idiots, it can have 8100 ATK, but that means you are all idiots. XD Don't worry, you get to flip the cards face own again.]

Name: 8/10 It is a cool name...

Picture: 10/10 I LOVE THIS PIC!

Effect: 9/10 It is an awsome effect!

Grammar: 10/10 I don't think there is an error in there ^_^

Star sence: 8: 6/10 It works, but it can also backfire so badly that it may not have been worth even 1 tribute =/

Rarity sence: Secret: 9/10 Very good idea...

Overall: 52/60 or 8.66/10

Grade: [b][color=#0000FF]B[/color][/b]

To me, this card would be [b][color=#FF0000]LIMITED[/color][/b][/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 19 (Review by Glasstin10]
I'm Glasstin10. I'm a scout for this thread and I would like to review, under the permission of Yankeefan, one of his own cards.

[IMG]http://i6.tinypic.com/8e7q68y.jpg[/IMG]

Here's my review :

The picture :

Yankee did an incredible job with this picture, and this is probably the highlight of this card. Everything is about perfect in this picture except for one thing. On the left hand side of the picture, you can see some slight writing which looks like it says, phoenix. When choosing pictures for your cards, be sure to edit all words and other extras, to make the picture look like a real yugioh card, to obtain a perfect one.

Picture Rating : 8.9 / 10

The Effect :

He did an incredible job with this. Some corrections are to be made though :

1st Sentence : Could be reworded ; When this card is destroyed as a result of battle, remove this card from play.
2nd Sentence : A tiny correction ; During the End Phase of a turn that this card was removed from play by it's own effect, Special Summon [b]this card[/b] to your opponent's side of the field.
3rd Sentence : Tiny Correction ; During each of his'her Standby Phase, the controller must pay 500 Life Points. - ( I'm not sure if this is right, but I tried... :/ )
4th Sentence : I can't spot any mistakes, so good job with this sentence! :)

Effect Rating : 8.5 / 10

Originality :

Except for the corrections that I have stated, this card is pretty much perfect. One suggestion is that, this card looks more of a level 6 monster, not a level 4 monster. I know you have your reasons, but this is just a suggestion. This card is very original and unique, so good job!

Originality rating : 9.5 / 10

Overall Rating : 8.97 / 10

Other Comments : Excellent job. I hope you make more! Congrats on getting one of your cards reviewed![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Review 20]
Queen of Compiled Sand by Rholowie
[IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb211/rholowie/QueenofCompiedAsn.jpg[/IMG]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by discarding 1 "Polymerization" and 3 EARTH monsters from your hand to the Graveyard. This card cannot declare an attack during the turn it was summoned. When this card is removed from the field, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon 1 monster that was sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect in face-up Defense Position on your side of the field.

The first thing you will notice about this card, is that the picture is just increadible. I have never seen anything like that before. Now, the other thing you will notice is that it has a random cost of giving up a Polymerization. Now, i'm ok with that, but why??? Why does it do that? It's name, nor picture makes sence for that to happen. It then has more downside. Along with Polymer, you also have to give up 3 EARTH monsters from your hand. That is a big price. Then it has ANOTHER downside. If you manage to have a polymer and 3 EARTH monsters in your hand, you can summon it, getting rid of your hand, and still cannot attack! You arent able to attack with it the turn that it is summond. That would not be so bad if had 2700 or 2800, but 2650 can be a little weak at times. Then comes what is supposed to be the "[b]Good[/b]" part. When it is removed from the field, you may pay [b]1000[/b] Life Points to special summon a monster that it destroyed to your side of the field, in face-[b]UP[/b] defence position. So, in the end, it is tough to summon, has a big wakness of not being able to attack when it is summond, and then becomes a normal, pointless monster, untill it's removed from the field. Taking control of an opponent's monster is cool however.

Ratings:

Name: 4/10 It is cool, but what makes the name actually work with the effect? It makes no sence =/

Picture: 10/10 Simply increadible

Effect: 6/10 It's cool, but it is just had to summon. Then it has too many draw-backs =/

Grammar: 10/10 I cannot find an error ^_^

Star Sence: 7 : 7/10 It makes sence I guess, but because of the effect, I am uncertain =/

Rarity sence: Rare : 3/10 With the effect like that, I jut plain cannot see it being just rare.

Overall: 40/60 or 6.7/10

Grade: [color=#A52A2A][b]D+[/b][/color]

To me, this card would be [color=#FF0000][b]LIMITED[/b][/color]

Good card Rholowie, a D+ is actually pretty good ^_^
I can't wait to see more ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 21 (Review by Cyber Commander with help from Yankeefan]
Ok, here's another review by me-not the starred review, "Queen of Compiled Sand" stole the spotlight, but a review nonetheless. Today's Review is a short and sweet piece on ALordZynix's card, Aquila, The Winged Spear Soldier.

[IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj25/ALZ-Luna/Yu-Gi-Oh/Winged-Archive/MONSTER/048-Garuda-Spear-Soldier-A-CARD.jpg[/IMG]

For starters, the picture is fantastic-where on earth did you find he find it? Aquila is a Level 4 Winged Beast-Type, and a WIND monster to boot. This allows him to be summoned easily by Flying Kamakiri #1, and also to have some great support from Icarus Attack and Rising Air Current.

"During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. The effects of your opponent's monsters that this card destroys by battle are negated."

I love this card-so much that I [i]had[/i] to review it. The effect is similar to Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier, as Alordzynix had mentioned in his original post. I love the second effect, however-it brings back Harpie Lady #2 to mind. What it means is that cards like Man-Eater Bug, Old Vindictive Magician, Magician of Faith and other Flip-Effect monsters will be negated. However, searchers/recruiter monsters (like Giant Rat) won't, since their effects activate in the Graveyard.

Ratings:
Name: 8/10 Aquila is cool, an I know it means "Eagle," but it sounds a tad strange.
Picture: 10/10. Excellent-the best quality of this card.
Effect: 6/10 Not completely original, but it fits the bill.
Grammar: 10/10 I have a qualm with "by battle," as I always thought it was "as a result of battle." However, others tell me "by battle" is the correct way.
Level: 10/10 It's perfect as a Level 4. If it was Level 3, you could get some serious abuse with Gravity Bind.
Rarity: 9/10 Rare. Fits the card nicely and keeps it simple.
Overall: 54/60 or 8.5/10.
Grade: [color=#32CD32]B+[/color]
To me, this card would be [color=#32CD32]UNLIMITED.[/color]
Keep it up, and great job, Alordzynix!!!![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 22]
Aissa the Enticing One by Cyber_Commander
[IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/Cyber_Commander/enticeaissa2.png[/IMG]
This cards effect is simple, but good. I'll do the crash course in it. When it battles an opponent's monster, you may actually want to keep the monster alive. If the opponent's monster is still alive, you get to take contol of it. Some awsome combos with this are Wobaku and other things that make you take no damage. That is about it =/ Yeah, Like I said, it's going to be small, sry, but i'm having a hard few days, and Cyber_Commander would know...

Ratings:
Name: 6/10 It's ok, but, well, it can be alot better, concidering this is Cyber_Commander (Yes Cyber, this is the better name XD)

Picture: 9/10 Very good XD

Effect: 7/10 It is very plain for Cyber_Commander, but still very nice.

Grammar: 7/10 Why is it that when I say it outloud, it just sounds wrong? =/

Star Sence: 7 : 9/10 Very good ^_^

Rarity Sence: Rare : 4/10 Not exactly a great choice =/
(Cyer, I had alot of choices, but I try not to review special rareity cards, it makes it a bit wierder for me =/)

Overall: 42/60 or 7/10

Grade: [b][color=#008000]C-[/color][/b]

To me,this card would be [b][color=#FF0000]LIMITED[/color][/b]

Good card Cyber_Commander ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 23]
Spell Chapter 9 - Prequel to the End by Kei-Kun
[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/KeitaroU7/009-SpellChapter9-PrequeltotheEnd.png[/IMG]
This card effect is very good, but goes in alot of different directions. It's tough to keep track. First of all, there is only 1 way to summon it, by the "Lost Chapter", another card of the set. Then, this is the point that I get confused. It says you can only activate it's effect if you have summoned "Spell Chapter 8 - Evoked Chaos" before in the duel. Ok, then it goeson to say when it is treated as a Spell card by the effecs of "Tome the Sealed Magik", you get to Special Summon The 1th spell guy. So, as you can see, it can get a bit confusing, and it is random, but cool.

Name: 8/10 Nice name ^_^
Picture: 10/10 I simply adore this picture
Effect: 4/10 If you look at it, when you summon it, it is pointless, unless you have the others, and it's increadibly tough to play and do.
Grammar: 6/10 I belive that parts of the effect can be worded differenly =/
star Sence: 9: 8/10 I guess it works, but I know it's only 9 because of it's name.
Rarity Sence: Ultra/Ultimate: Ultra: 9/10 Ultimate: 6/10 I think it is good if it is ultra, but I can't tell. The rarity on yCM doesent show alot of difference =/
Overall: 45/60* or 7.5/10*
* means with it being Ultra Rare
Grade: [b][color=#008000]C[/color][/b]

Good card Kei-Kun, I just wish the effect made more sence, lol[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 24]
Well, I have chosen to review this card because it was rated by Frunxmomma to be an A+. HA! Lets actually see what it's rated

[img]http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5233/arcanesycophwickedwenyrkb3.png[/img]

Arcane Sycoph - Wicked Wenyr by Frunxmomma

Ah yes, a card made by, lets say "Bhim". He doesent make alot of cards. No idea why not, but still, lets rate the card, shall we?

Ok, first thing you will notice is that it can't be removed from play except by it's own effect. I have always

had a problem with that. When a card that has the effect of removing cards from play when it kills them

attacks this, what happens? Does it just go to the Graveyard? Idk, it's up to interprtation. Next, it actually

does not ever go tothe Graveyard. How sweet! Instead, it actually goes into your deck. But rather than

just drawing it, it's actually gonna be face-up! Your opponent will know what is coming! "Hey Yankee, what

is the point of having a card raw face-up?" Well, the anwer is, it's effect! When it is draw as a face-up

card, YOU IMMIDIATLY REMOVE IT FROM PLAY! WTF? That is what will go through your mind. Why the hell

did I just put this back into my deck, just for it to go away? THE FRUNKING EFFECT YOU IDIOT! READ! >_<

When it is removed from play, you get to select a monster on the field. The monster you selected has it's

effect stopped! It's just like it forgot what it was supposed to do. I would to if I was a monster, and I saw

all this wierd stuff happen, and it's effect not even be done! There is just a tiny bit more. Guess what?

When the monster is destroyed, you get this card back into your deck, but face down. OMG! It all starts

again! You know what is wierd, it is actually invinciable! It ca't be sent to the Grave cus of it's effect. That

means it all starts again! It can't be removed from play cus of it's effect! And then, when it kills a monster

by it's effect and stuff, it all starts again. It's a different way to say, THIS CARD CANNOT BE DESTROYED,

AT ALL!

It's as if the card is saying, "Oh, i'm dead? Oh...bye, BTW, i'll be bac in a sec"

"Hey, i'm drawn! Oh, i'm gone again? Oh well..."

"Oh, wait, i'm gone! Ha Frunker! You got pwnd!"
"BTW, hey all you Frunkers! I'm back! XD"
Just a fantastic card, that can actually be overpowerd seince it can't really Die, and it has no real Draw-back, but it's no biggie

Ratings:
Name: 6/10 Ummmm......Yeah....Is that REALLY the best you could do? I'm dissapointed =/

Picture: 3/10 I am not a fan of that pic at all, just, ugh >_<

Effect: 10/10 SIMPLY AMAZING! I LOVE THIS FRUNKING EFFECT! It's an effect that will make you say "Ha,
you got pwnd" in a duel! JUST A PWNAGE EFFECT!

Grammar: 9.5/10 I see MAYBE1 problem in the effect, but I may be wrong, but idk, i'm going with my over-
sized gut.

Level sence: 8/10 It's a good idea, BUT, I may want a tribute so it can have some kind of a draw back =/

Rarity Sence: Secret Rare: 9/10 Very good choice 0.o

Overall: 45.5/60 or 7.6/10

Grade: [b][color=#32CD32]C[/color][/b]

To me, this card would be [b][color=#FF0000]LIMITED[/color][/b]

The reason being that it can caus so much pwnage that it can win a duel by itslef, and even faster with the right cards 0_o

Thoughts:
OMG! THAT IS SIMPLY THE BEST EFFECT I HAVE SEEN MAN! I am really suprised though. It got a 7.6! Ha!
It didn't even get an 8, wow. I am suprised at my own rate, I thought I was gonna give it AT LEAST 8.9 or so, wow. Still, very nice card, and JUST THE MOST PWNAGE EFFECT MAN KIND HAS EVER SEEN![/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 25]
Ancient Gear Berserker by Card Maker Shinigami
[IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/Yugiohpics/createcard-3php-2.jpg[/IMG]

Ah yes, another card by Shini. This is gonna be good ^_^
Now, this card was made for a contest, and I think it was put together very well, it just needs some fixes here and there. Lets get to this, shall we?

Well, this cards effect starts out with a bang. Right away you know it does peircing damage. Congrats. Here is somthing you may not like, it's a 1500 ATk peircing daage guy, but he needs a sac, so, meh....
WAIT!
There is more!
The next part says that when it attacks, your opponent can't actiavte spells and traps untill after the damage step. Just looking at that, it's overpowerd....
WAIT Again!
There is even more!
When it does kill a monster, it gets 200 more ATK, making it even more powerfull, and adding to it's overpowerdness....
You know what, don't leave, you listen or die!
Next, it's last part. It mast attack every turn if possible, so, that leaves it VERY vanurable to sakuretsu and other stuff like that, BUT IT'S NOT AFFECTED BY SPELLS AND TRAPS! >_>

My probelms with it:
You tried really hard to make it balanced, you made it have to attack, and have it start with 1500, butseriosly, it's effect is just too strong, it gains 200, and has peircing damage, AND your opponent can't activate traps and stuff? WTF?

Ratings:
Name: 7/10 Seems cool, and it fits, but idk, can be a little better.
Pic: 8/10 I like it.
Effect: 2/10 Good try on the balance, but it is just too strong man, at least to me.
Grammar/OCG: 10/10 I don't see a problem ^_^
Overall: 27/40 or 6.75/10
Grade: [b][color=#A52A2A]D+[/color][/b]

To me, this card would be: [b][color=#A52A2A]SEMI-LIITED[/color][/b]

Good card Shini, but it just seems strong man. Still good though, the rest of the card save it, good job ^_^

BTW, sorry if i'm more harsh than usuall, just been a tough time....bear with me[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 26 (By Gphaku)]
With All permision Of Yankee
I have been able to produce a review

[IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg112/gphaku/review.jpg[/IMG]
By IcyBlue
This card is a personal Fav of mine
It has a very unique effect and the member who made this card is very friendly. This is a nice little card and I hope you all appreciate it too
Icyblue is becoming better with his OCG every day
so dont judge him too hard on that

Name

Name: 8/10 Creative But it lacks the necessity Of a True Name
Picture: 7/10 The pic is Okay It still has the artist signature on it though
Effect: 7/10 It is a very good effect, but there a few OCG errors.
Grammar: 9/10 Well the grammar is pretty good
There are a few mistakes here and there

31/40
Overall
7.75/10 or C+[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 27]
Today, we have anomu13, by, well, anomu13, lol

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/315o3lj.jpg[/IMG]

[b]Ah, yes. the many faces of anomu13. He has many member cards, and a few in his sig alone. They seemingly are from Dark, to normal, to light. This card is the Light version of him.

I imagine you did not come here just to read a short history lesson on a member, so, i'll get on with the review.

Right off the bat, you know that it's gonna be a DARK monster, AND LIGHT monster, those 2 go together like water and oil, they don't mix. But anomu13 made it work out. Unnfortunatly, that first sentance has a ocg error, but we will talk about grammar later.

The effect starts out simple enough, when it does damage to the opponent, you draw a card. Fun and simple. But it turns out to be the centerpeice of a devistating card.

It then gets more in depth. A effect activates depending on the type of card you drew.
If you drew a spell, it can attack once more. now, I see a huge ocg error there, the effect states that if it deals damage at all, and it did not say that it had to attack, thus, attacking once more is an error, but lets forget that for now.
Lets just assume it attacked, and you drew a spell, you just got a devistating 2nd attack. here is the kicker, if you deal damage again, you draw again! Thus, this card can potentially attack over and over again! Devistating already, I know, but hold on to your horses, there is more to this already powerfull card.

Lets say you attacked, and drew a card, and got a trap card. Your effect would be truly devistating. You would deal damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK of this card. Painfull, but then remember the begging, when it deals damage, draw a card. Thus, by drawing a trap, you can deal a base of 1050, and possibly draw another trap, heck, a spell would make it even better.

The good part is that if you draw a monster, nothing happens, so, thats good.

Here are my thoughts:
This is the monster form of a pot of greed on crack. It can get you to draw cards, and potentially draw more and more. This would be a HUGE card to play against your opponent, simply amazing, you play this, and your opponent will cry in fear of it's sight.

Ratings:

Name: 5/10 ummm, anomu13, it's kind of a member card, but maybe you could have ventured off into more creative territory with a effect like this?

Picture: 8/10 pretty cool

Effect: 6/10 It's good, and well thought out, but it's increadibly overpowerd. It can hold it own on it's ATK, and it can deal massive damage due to it's effect. With the right cards, it would not be uncommon for this card to deal 4000 + damage to the opponent in 1 turn.

Grammar: 7/10 it has 2 major errors from what I see, but thats fine with a effect like this

Star/level seince: 5: 7/10 good choice, though with it's effect, I would like it to be 7 or 8.

Rarity seince: Common: 0/10 No way that makes seince, and effect like that, and everything about it, and it's common? Come on.

Overall:

33/60 or 5.5/10

Grade: [color=#000000][/color][color=#FF0000]F[/color]

To me, this card would be: [color=#FF0000]BANNED[/color][/b]

This card would be banned simply because of it's sheer power. It is, as I said before, a pot of greed on crack in monster form.

Final Thoughts:
I am very sorry man, I hope to see more from you soon. It was a good idea, it had just way too much sheer power. Good luck to you in the future ^_^

Cheers,
Yankeefan[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 28]
Godhand by Blackwind
[img]http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8127/36362ek7.jpg[/img]

Wow, it sure has been a long time seinse I saw a card that I deemed fit to review. And, good god, it's a spell of all things!
This card was created by Blackwind, a good card maker, that, for some unknown reason, has not gotten the popularity he should have. Maybe I can help ;)

From the first minute, you think it's great. Just look at the name, I mean, it's freaking named GODHAND! How can you go wrong with Godhand? xD

It immideatly starts out with getting you interested with a name like that, plus, the pic helps to ;)

Now, it starts by right away saying that it can only be activated on a certain condition. ah, but not fear my friends, it's a easy condition. If you have 3 or less cards in your hand besides this card, then you can play it.
Once played, all cards in your hand are sent to the Deck. Then we get to the Godhand part. Just like Card destruction, your draw the same number of cards your discarded, but unlike card destruction, you get to choose any cards you want! How about that!? The part where it's 3 or less save it from Exodia. Now, your saying, can't I just play a card drawing card? And my answer is, NO! AHAHAHA!

See, here is the balancer. Once you choose your cards, your Deck is removed from play. Then, it continues the balance. Every time you play 1 of the cards you got, you lose 2000 Life Points. But, it's not really somthing to worry about if you have the right cards in your hand, just wait a few tur-WRONG!
During the end phase, you send all your cards to the grave! So, this card truly is a do or die thing. If you play it, you had better hope to, well, God, that you pick the right cards. If your wrong, well, game over.

Blackwind does a great job of balancing this, but it's increadibly easy to abuse. If you run a chaos deck, and have a monster on the field with graveyard dependant power, well, say hello to some kind of godly attack. Heck, while the cards you get should be good, with this card, the cards you already have on the field can finish the job.

This card is great, but does have it problems. 1 such problem is, why would you shuffle your deck if your choosing 3 or fewer cards and sending the rest away from the game?
Also, the part about paying 2000 lp, the grammar/ocg is a lil off. But lets worry about that with the rates.

BTW, guess what!?
TIME TO WORRY! XD

Rates:
Name: 9/10 I love this name, it is kind of funny to me, and it just screams "I AM GODHAND!" But, shouldent there be a space between god and hand? ;)

Pic: 7/10 Pretty nice, but, there are some words on the pic, and, well, is yugioh advertizing booze now? xD

Effect: 7/10 A very nice effect. It is very balanced to me, but, it's, as I said before, easily abused.

Balance: 7/10 I have to say it again, easily abused, but very good balance.

Grammar/ocg: 7/10 Good job, a few errors, but nice ^_^

Rarity Seinse: Ultra Rare?: 8/10 Yeah, it needs to be pretty rare with an effect like that.

Overall: 45/60 or 7.5/10

Grade: [b][size=medium][color=#32CD32]C[/color][/size][/b]

To me, this card would be: [b][color=#000000]BANNED[/color][/b]
Simply because of it's easily abused effect. It's like Last Turn with it's ability to do just about anything.

Other notes:

Very good card man, while 7.5/10 doesn't seem great, it is ^_^

I hope to see more card from you here soon.

Cheers,

Yankeefan[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 28]
Lance Soldier - Hezkath by Darth Browarod
[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/241qdlx.jpg[/IMG]
[b][i]If you activate 2 or more Push Spell Cards this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned this way, it gains 300 ATK. Once per turn, if a monster exists on the field with an ATK higher than it's original ATK, you can return 1 face-down card on the field to it's owner's hand. If you activate this effect, this card's ATK becomes equal to it's original ATK. During your Standby Phase, if this card's ATK equals it's original ATK, you can activate 1 Push Spell Card from your hand.[/b][/i]

Welcome everybody to another one of the great reviews of Yankeefan on Yugiohcardmaker.net.
Today, we will be taking a look at a card that is part of a original set by our great Super Mod, Darth Browarod.
This card is from the Push Spell Set. While, this obviosly is not a spell, this is a great card for it.

Well, I think I have dragged on enough of the intro, lets get right into this, shall we?

Well, unnfortunatly, I cannot start this review in a good manner. This card immideatly starts with a ocg error. If you activate 2 or more Push Spell Cards this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.
This turn?
Should it not be:
"If you activate 2 or more Push Spell Cards in the same turn, you may Special Summon this card from your hand"
I think so...
But after that, it turns out to be a good card ^_^
That effect is good, if you manage to use just 2 Push Spells, you get to Special Summon a strong lv 6 monster. Want another reason to do so? If he IS summoned this way, forget the 2450 monster, you have a 2750 atk monster!
Thats the point in the duel where you say, "WHAT NOW LOSER!?" to your opponent.
Then, this card goes in a totally different direction, but yet, sticks to the original effect.
If a mosnter is on the field with, lets say Axe of Dispair on it, and has more atk than it has on it's card text, or, original atk, you can return any, ANY face down card on the field to the owners hand. This is increadibly overpowerd by the fact that the part with, once per turn was put in, but not somthing like, "Once per turn, during your Standby Phase...", thus, this effect can be used during either players turn. Imagine the complete control you can have over your opponent with this. Heck, it can be used during the freaking battle pahse for all I care!

Well, Brow does try to balance this a bit, and fails a lil. He then says if you use the effect, it's attack goes back to normal, and it stays there. Sadly, thats not much of a loss, it's only 300 ATK, and you may have stopped your opponent, maybe even crippled him/her.

The, we get right back to the power, if during your standby phase, it has it's original attack, you get use a push spell card from your hand! How grand! That...is...WAY OVERPOWERD!...You can just tribute 1 monster on your field, and use that your next turn, or, why not use the first effect, then your next turn, use a push spell, i mean, it's fun!

This card, at a first look, seems balanced and good, but it's sercretly hiding it's pure and utter power.

Ummm, I guess there is nothing I can say now, this is just increadibly strong, just, there is no words, i don't even know what to say anymore, come on, lets cut to comercial -
-
Were back!

Ratings:

Name: 8/10 Pretty good name, nothing special, just, good.

Pic: 9/10 Actually, a pretty good pic, good work ^_^

Effect: 8/10 pretty nice at a first look, and it had it's good moments.

Balance: 4/10 Umm, you tried, you really did, and, being able to do it only once per turn helps, and the 300 atk thing does a lil, but, being able to do this at any time can really just kill the opponent.

Rarity Sense: Common: 4/10 It's not a good idea for this to be easily found in a pack, but meh, who knows anymore? xD

Level sense: 8/10 Pretty nice, 6 seems right, but, a 2 tribute card would make it at least a lil more balanced.

Overall:
41/60 or 6.8/10

To me, this card would be: Actually, idk anymore, but if it where my choice, it would be [b][color=#000000]Banned[/color][/b], simply because of it's ability to take over the game, but, in real life, it would be Limited because, well, DAD is out there, and, he isn't banned, lol

Other notes:

Well, on first look man, I thought it was a fantastic card.
While 6.8/10 is not a good looking grade, it's an ok grade. You did a good job of everything else, such as the pic and name. It's still a good card.[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 30]
Chibi Sprite by Sirit of B.M.G

[IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/24g7tio.jpg[/IMG]
http://arashi-yukawa.deviantart.com/art/The-Hiding-Fairy-51280981
[b]If any card in either player's Graveyard is removed from play, destroy this card. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Each time a card is sent to the Graveyard, you can activate 1 of the following effects based on the Type of card:
-Normal Monster: Increase the ATK of this card by 300.
-Effect Monster: Increase the DEF of this card by 300.
-Ritual Monster: During the turn the card was sent to the Graveyard, this card can attack your opponent directly.
-Fusion Monster: Add 1 "Polymerization" From your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
-Normal Spell: You can pay 1000 Life Points to return the card to your hand.
-Quick-Play Spell: By discarding 2 cards from your hand, you can replay the Spell as a Normal Spell Card.
-Equip Spell: You can Equip the card to any monster on the field. Any ATK & DEF increases are halved.
-Field Spell: By paying 500 Life Points per turn, you can activate the card from your Graveyard.
-Continuous Spell: Select 1 Continuous Spell Card on the field. Whenever it activates, apply its effect twice. Skip each of your Draw Phases.
-Ritual Spell: Add 1 card with the same name as the monster the card Ritual Summons from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand
-Normal Trap: You can Tribute 1 monster you control to return the card to your hand.
-Counter Trap: If the effect of the card was negated you can pay 2000 Life Points to activate the card again.
-Continous Trap: You can return 1 Continuous Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.
If this card is destroyed or removed from the field you lose the duel.[/b]

Well, this is gonna be fun ;)
The card starts out with a way for it to be killed. Not a good sign, right? WRONG!
If a card that was in a graveyard is removed from play, kiss this little baby behind. But then, it gets a good effect! It can't be killed by battle! Woot! Now it gets wierd.
When a card is sent the grave, it gets an effect. This is where the effect gets long.
If it was a normal monster, this gets 300 more attack, same for effect, but with defence.
If by the off chance it was a ritural, those dead cards...
Anyway, this card can attack directly. alot of good that will do with a 0/0 monster...
If it's a spell, a normal spell, you can pay 1000 lp to get it to your hand.
A quick play means you can discard 2 cards and play the spell again as a normal spell, thus activating the above effect. A continues mean another continuous gets a double effect, it just has its effect work twice. and you have to skip your draw phase.
A ritural spell means you get the monster it summons from your hand or deck, kind of strong.
A trap means you can tribute a monster to get the card to your hand, there is a ocg error there as well...
a counter trap means that if it negated somthing, you can pay 2000 lp to play it again.
A continues means you return a continues spell from the grave to your hand.

now, that is balanced, but EXTREAMLY easy to abuse, but here is the clincher...
if this card is at all destroyed, you lose the duel!

Thats it, nothing else, you just die. here is the other problem...if it is even removed from the field it's dead. In other words, you play this, you HAVE to win, otherwise, its game.

Ratings:

Name: 6/10 cute, but, meh...

Pic: 8/10 good with the name, but it doesn't show me somthing like death it dies...

Effect: 9/10 nice effect, but has some problems.

Grammar: 8/10 quite a few errors, but good overall.

Balance: 7/10 the lose the duel thing hurts, but it's good.

Star sense: 2: 6/10 I would think it should take alot more to bring somthing this strong to the field...

Rarity sense: Ultra rare: 6/10 I'm thinking secret or ultimate...

Overall: 44/60 or 7.3/10

To me, this card would be [b][size=small][color=#000000]BANNED[/color][/size][/b]
Just way to easily abused and used...

It's a great card, it just has alot of ways to be abused, and then, losing the duel? come on...

But good job! I hope to see more from you soon ;)

I know the quality of this is down, i'm sorry. I am in a rush, i am leaving very soon.

I hope your still here bmg in 4 weeks, along with all the rest of you when i get back.

Cheers to all,

Yankeefan ^_^[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Review 31 (Review by Darth Browarod)]
Today I reviewed San-Meti’s “The Angel of the Black Rose”

[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1442/39794va5.jpg[/img]

Effect:
[b][i] As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field in defence position, you're opponent cannot attack your Life Points directly. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard as a result of battle, select 1 face-up DARK monster on your side of the field and increase the selected monster's ATK by this card's ATK. When the selected monster destroyes an opponent's monster in battle, increase the slected monster's ATK and DEF by the ATK of the destroyed monster. When the seleted monster is sent from the field to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your Life Points equal to the selected monster's ATK.[/b][/i]

So, let’s get down to business.
It starts out with a minor OCG error in a pretty neat defense effect for you. While remaining in Defense Position your opponent cannot attack you directly. Very helpful against decks that use direct attackers in combo with cards like Gravity Bind. It then moves straight into an effect for when it’s destroyed, which basically designates a DARK monster on your field. Then, the rest of the effect deals with the selected monster on your field.

First off, it gives the monster a boost of 1000 ATK, useful for almost any monster. Then, the party gets even better. Each time the monster destroys a monster by battle, it gains the ATK of the destroyed monster to it’s ATK and DEF, pretty darn powerful if you ask me, maybe a little too powerful. Though, that power is balanced out by the next effect which deals damage to you equal to the monster’s ATK if the monster is destroyed. That could be a serious blow if you’ve destroyed a lot of monsters with it.

Overall, the effect seems to balance itself out mostly well. You get ATK boosts, but have to be wary about it’s ATK versus your current LP in case your opponent pulls a monster destruction card.

Ratings:

Name: 7/10 Fits, but the first “the” could probably be taken out

Pic: 7/10 Good, but could be better.

Effect: 8/10 Interesting effect, and it flows pretty well.

Grammar/OCG: 6/10 A few errors, and some spelling mistakes.

Balance: 7/10 It’s a little overpowered, but it would probably just be limited if it were real.

Star sense: 3 - 8/10 Might be better suited as Level 4, but is probably fine at 3.

Overall: 43/60 or 7.17/10

All-in-all, a pretty useful card for most DARK decks.

That’s all for today folks, thanks for reading ^_^[/spoiler]

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

darkblader.jpg

Well, what can I say? This is another card that involves a fusion beteen Dark Magician and Buster Blader. Not to be mean, but that is getting a bit annoying. But the effect does help it out. Unnfortuantly, there are many OCG errors. First of all, the first words in the card, Buster Blader - Dark Magician. There are 2 problems. 1. When saying the name of a card, you must have a " at the beggining and end of the name, like "Dark Magician". Then, when doing fusions, you must have a + instead of a -. Then, there is ANOTHER problem. When it is a Fusion Summon, you do not have to say "This card cannot be Normal Summond or set." Then, another error. This card can only be special summond through Fusion summon. 1. Fusion Summon is not Special summon 2. Typicly you do not say the word through in that. 3. It should be: A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the abov cards.

Well, then you have the effect. With the effect, you can have your opponent attack this card if you have a "Dark Paladin" on your field. That is overpowered. Then it gains 500 ATK for every dragon in the grave. Overpowered with the first effect. I am really sorry, but this s not really the best.

Ratings:

To me, this cad would be: LIMITED

I am very sorry man. But you asked me to do a review of this card. Please keep trying, you'll do a better 1.

Grade: F

darkblader.jpg

Well' date=' what can I say? This is another card that involves a fusion beteen Dark Magician and Buster Blader. Not to be mean, but that is getting a bit annoying. But the effect does help it out. Unnfortuantly, there are many OCG errors. First of all, the first words in the card, Buster Blader - Dark Magician. There are 2 problems. 1. When saying the name of a card, you must have a " at the beggining and end of the name, like "Dark Magician". Then, when doing fusions, you must have a + instead of a -. Then, there is ANOTHER problem. When it is a Fusion Summon, you do not have to say "This card cannot be Normal Summond or set." Then, another error. This card can only be special summond through Fusion summon. 1. Fusion Summon is not Special summon 2. Typicly you do not say the word through in that. 3. It should be: A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the abov cards.

Ratings:

Interesting. I have similar sentiments on this card. I would give it an F for the same reasons, but I must add a few things:

-The picture is not only overused, but a bit too gore-filled for Yugioh, as well as irrelevant to the idea of the card (unless those things to each side of the Dark Blader is a sword...): EDIT: I see the blades now.

-In my opinion, it would be more than limited, but Restricted. That's just too strong, not to mention without any cost for its effect.

Though, overall, I agree with your review, Yankeefan07.

darkblader.jpg

Well' date=' what can I say? This is another card that involves a fusion beteen Dark Magician and Buster Blader. Not to be mean, but that is getting a bit annoying. But the effect does help it out. Unnfortuantly, there are many OCG errors. First of all, the first words in the card, Buster Blader - Dark Magician. There are 2 problems. 1. When saying the name of a card, you must have a " at the beggining and end of the name, like "Dark Magician". Then, when doing fusions, you must have a + instead of a -. Then, there is ANOTHER problem. When it is a Fusion Summon, you do not have to say "This card cannot be Normal Summond or set." Then, another error. This card can only be special summond through Fusion summon. 1. Fusion Summon is not Special summon 2. Typicly you do not say the word through in that. 3. It should be: A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the abov cards.

Ratings:

Interesting. I have similar sentiments on this card. I would give it an F for the same reasons, but I must add a few things:

-The picture is not only overused, but a bit too gore-filled for Yugioh, as well as irrelevant to the idea of the card (unless those things to each side of the Dark Blader is a sword...): EDIT: I see the blades now.

-In my opinion, it would be more than limited, but Restricted. That's just too strong, not to mention without any cost for its effect.

Thanks, but you should look around. The pic is really starting to be used. Today, there have been at least 3 different people =/

Thanks for liking it, maybe your cards will be on here soon ^_^

darkblader.jpg

Ratings:

Restricted = Limited =/

To restrict is to confine or keep within limits [Dictionary.com]

Good job on the reviews Yankee! I hope to see more :]

darkblader.jpg

Ratings:

Restricted = Limited =/

Thanks man! I am really happy that everybody likes these reviews, I have 1 more to do, I found a really good 1 ^_^

darkblader.jpg

Ratings:

Restricted = Limited =/

I meant Forbidden >.<

EDIT: When I said 'not only overused', when I referred to the picture, I meant it 'was overused, in addition to', which is the same thing. I can see where that could be misinterpreted. Sorry for my bad wording. >.<

Archived