Leo's Yu-Gi-Oh! CCG

.Leo

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, since we are unclear about rules on side sets, let me lay them down (if Leo agrees of course)

* Side sets must be balanced

* They can have anywhere from all archetype to no archetype support, depending on the circumstances of the CCG and where we are in the game/ sets.

* Because of that, right now, since we only have a card pool of a mere 300 cards, and we already have 4 archetypes and little type/attribute support, right now there will be no new archetypes in side sets. There are still so many other deck types that need support before we create others. One huge group is Type/Attribute decks.

* The amount you can submit will depend on many factors. I've already explained that it can't take away from our regular community sets, so please prove you have enough Ideas for those as well. Another factor will depend on the content. If you want to submit 40 vanillas, or 20 fusions, that's wonderful. Archetypes will again depend on where we are in the CCG. I would say as a general rule to keep your archetypes under 10 cards, but that can change.

* Please submit them between sets, if at all possible. That would be the ideal time.

@ Alfred - So if you want to submit a side set of mezzos, it will have to be fewer cards since you've already provided about 6 or so in NASB. Zombie support is great.

Ok Sea what if the Archtype will make it's day view in the next pack what then?

If you're planning on submitting most of your archetype in the next set, split it between the set and your side set. I.E. if the combined number of archetype-related cards between the side set is 20 or something then we have a problem. (this is not a set-in-stone number or anything, just a general standard).

Or, It might be better just to wait and submit your cards in the set, if you're worried they won't be playable right away...

So, who makes the first side set?

Do you want to do a collab? That way having a larger, 35 card side-set would be more viable. I'd like to see Aqueans come back, they were great WATER support.

If you do not want to collaborate, I'll call my side-set Aria of the Undead (Aria = music, Undead = zombies, geddit? Terrible, I know).

Tbh, I don't want to bring back an archetype that had to big an impact on the meta.

So, Fan Fiction is posted, I will begin writing after I get all the secret rares into the RC thread.

I will update my sig and important links as soon as I have time.

A collab would be good. Not Aqueans atm though (Too soon). However, Insect and Zombie type support will be good to work on.

I only want to introduce 3 or 4 Mezzos in the side-set, if we're doing a collab then we could make a new Insect archetype, as well as Insect type-based support?

4 Mezzo

6 Insect Archetype

10 Insect Support

10 Zombie Support

5 Spells & Traps

Sounds fair. I will make it a surprise.

|Shinescale Butterfly|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Light|4||400|2000|When an Insect-Type monster you control is selected as an attack target, you can change the attack target to this card. When this card battles with another monster, place 2 Dust Counters on that monster. |

|Shinescale Moth|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Dark|4||2000|400|This card can only be Normal Summoned or Special Summoned by removing 4 Dust Counters on a monster you control. When an Insect-Type monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle, place 1 Dust Counter on this card. Once per turn, you can remove all Dust Counters on the field. For every 5 Dust Counters removed this way, draw 1 card.|

|Shinescale Hornet|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Wind|4||1800|800|When this card destroys a monster through battle, place 2 Dust Counters on an Insect-Type monster you control. Insect-Type monsters on the field gain 200 ATK and DEF for each Dust Counter on them. non-Insect-Type monsters on the field lose 200 ATK and DEF for each Dust Counter on them.|

|Shinescale Grub|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Earth|1||100|100|When this card is destroyed, you can equip this card to a monster on the field. During each of your Standby Phases, place 1 Dust Counter on the equipped monster. The equipped monster loses 300 ATK for each Dust Counter on it.|

|Shinescale Fire Ant|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Fire|3||600|600|When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Dust Counter on a monster on the field. Once per turn, you can remove all Dust Counters on a card on the field. Inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each Dust Counter removed by this card's effect. If that monster was an Insect-Type monster, inflict 400 points of damage for each Dust Counter removed instead.|

|Shinescale Water Skier|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Water|2||800|200|You can Special Summon this card by removing 2 Dust Counters on the field. While you control another Insect-Type monster, this card can attack your opponent directly.|

|Beetle Marauder|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Dark|4||1900|1300|You can remove from play 1 Insect-Type Monster from your Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control no cards other than this card, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Insect-Type monster from your hand. You cannot summon any other monsters the turn this effect was activated.|

|Bee Flayer|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Wind|4||1600|800|While you control exactly 2 Insect-Type monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is selected as an attack target, add 1 Level 3 or lower Insect-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.|

|Ice Cap Catapillar|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Water|3||800|700|While you control another Insect-Type monster, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is selected as an attack target, the attacking monster cannot declare an attack as long as this card is face-up on the field.|

|Grasshopper Ninja|0|XXXX|Insect/Effect|Earth|6||2200|1600|When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, your opponent must send the top cards of their Deck to the Graveyard equal to the number of Insect-Type monsters in your Graveyard.|

|Dead Hands|0|XXXX|Zombie/Effect|Dark|6||2500|0|When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon as many "Dead Hand Tokens" (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 800/DEF 0) as possible. When a "Dead Hands Token" is destroyed by battle, you can reduce the ATK of this card to 0 until the End Phase to Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle, destroy all "Dead Hand" tokens you control.|

|Lich|0|XXXX|Zombie/Effect|Dark|4||1700|0|This card is also treated as a Spellcaster-Type monster. You can tribute this card and one other Zombie-Type monster you control to draw 2 cards.|

Good and balanced for our collab?

Zombies from ARUD (with two spots remaining for ZeroChill):

|Gozuki|0|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|4||1300|1700|Once per turn, you candiscard 1 card from your hand to send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck tothe Graveyard.|

|Magus Zombie|1|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|3||1200|1100|You can send thiscard from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lowerZombie-Type monster from the Graveyard in face-down Defence Position. You canonly activate the effect of "Magus Zombie" once per turn.|

|Zombie Caller|2|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|3||1100|500|When this card isdestroyed, you can Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster with 2000 DEF from yourDeck.|

|Le Roi Cadavre|3|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|7||2800|1400|When this card isNormal or Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster fromyour Graveyard. It is removed from play during the End Phase.|

|Resonating Zombie|4|ARUD|Zombie/Tuner/Effect|Dark|2||1000|200|When thiscard is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can put 1 Zombie-Type monsterin your Deck on top of your Deck.|

|Lightning Zombie Archfiend|5|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|6||2500|600|Onceper turn, you can look the top 3 cards on your Deck. Send all Zombie-Typemonsters to the Graveyard, then shuffle your Deck.|

|Eccentric Cadaver|6|ARUD|Zombie/Tuner/Effect|Dark|1||0|0|You can removethis card in your Graveyard from play to negate the effect of an Effect Monsterand destroy it. This card’s effect is treated as Spell Speed 3.|

|Bowling Zombie|7|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|3||100|1900|Once per turn, youcan discard Zombie-Type monster(s) whose total Level(s) equal 3 or more toSpecial Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard. Thiscard cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster the turn you activate thiseffect.|

|Skull Emperor|8|ARUD|Zombie/Synchro/Effect|Dark|7||3100|200|When thiscard is Synchro Summoned successfully, you can remove 1 Zombie-Type monster youcontrol from play to Special Summon Zombie-Type monster(s) from your Graveyardequal to half the destroyed monsters Level -1. All monsters summoned with thiseffect cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters, and are removed from playduring the End Phase. Destroy this card during the End Phase of the turn it issummoned and take damage equal to its Level x200.|

|Jozuki|9|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|6||800|1100|You can remove this cardin your Graveyard from play to Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster with 2000or less DEF from your Graveyard. Its effect(s) are negated.|

|Manic Miller|10|ARUD|Zombie/Effect|Dark|1||0|0|When your opponentdeclares an attack while no control no monsters, you can send the top 4 cardson your Deck to the Graveyard to negate the attack and Special Summon this cardfrom your hand. If you control this card during your Standby Phase, take 600damage.|

Please note: If these cards are going to be fixed, then please show the fix to me first - I don't want another Nota situation (Sea "fixed" my planned Nota archetype and literally killed all their playability. They weren't broken or Tier 1 material when I designed them and they were barely Tier 3 when Sea was done with them).

Archived